EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

brkgnews

Ahhhh. I love to see this thread revived again. :) I just took a few pix of some of the goodies in my collection. I'll post shortly.

hpyhnt 1000

It still is to me....you just have to know where to look. :animwink:

I really like your avatat photo by the way...

True! :lol: I like to think I know where to look every now and again. Its just that it gets annoying to keep hearing people ask why I enjoy Epcot because they think its, "boring" with, "nothing interesting to do." :brick:Does it need a bit of help? Yes, but its not nearly as "boring" as people make it out to be.

And thank you, glad you like it. :)

MKCP 1985

Let's go back to 1985. . .

OldPictures0015.jpg

Horizons?

OldPictures0016.jpg

MKCP 1985

I see these photos are very similar to some posted by Katie / Sweet Magic at posts 115 and 116, so that's all I'll do for now. I note the guide book I am referencing didn't actually have the artwork for the soon to be opening Living Seas; rather it just said "(Future Site of the Living Seas)"

and the photo display at Imagination was just a little different. :D

brkgnews

Alrighty... a few goodies from my collection...

First of all, a shot of all (er... make that, "the majority of") my stuff...
Library.jpg

It's not all EPCOT stuff, but a lot of it is.

Up top, there's a hardhat that was used during the park's construction...
ConstruxHardhat.jpg

Down lower, some stuff from what EPCOT was supposed to be... a white booklet that was distributed after people watched Walt's EPCOT film, plus a comb-binder full of guidance for people working on Project Florida.
WholeNewDW.jpg

There's also a 25th anniversary button on there, a park opening medalion coin thingy, an EPCOT logo drink swizzle stick, my WDWCelebrations badge, and a 1939 New York World's Fair pin for good measure. :lol: You can also see the very tippy tippy edge of my Celebration 25 credentials hanging there on the right.

The two vintage souvenir license plates...
LicensePlates.jpg

Why yes, that comforter does kind of look like the UoE logo. :lookaroun

Orlando Sentinel editions from October 1982...
OrlandoSentinel.jpg

Some of my pins...
Pins.jpg

Most of the EPCOT stuff is on the right.

Souvenir Program from the "official" Grand Opening Dedication Ceremony (October 24, 1982), plus the so-called "red book" and a letter to castmembers...
GrandOpenAndRedBook.jpg

And finally, the park opening ticket media...
EpcotTicketMedia.jpg

Top "horseshoe" includes, L-R...
- Ticket to castmember site tour (05/09/1982)
- Construction contractor hardhat label
- Parking permit for construction crew family preview (09/06/82)
- Ticket for EPCOT Center construction site tour via monorail
- Ticjet for construction crew family preview (09/06/82)
Center of frame...
- Commemorative Opening Day ticket stub
Bottom row, L-R...
- Grand Opening Celebration ticket for Spaceship Earth Gala (10/22/82)
- Grand Opening Celebration ticket for World Showcase Festival Program and Le Carnaval de Lumiere (10/23/82)
- Grand Opening Celebration ticket for Dedication Ceremony (10/24/82)

EPCOTPluto

:eek: Amazing collection!!! Kind of envious.... :lol:

I am sorry if it is something personal, but how on earth were you able to obtain so many rare items? It seems to me that the original owner(s) probably would not want to part with it, and/or were incredibly expensive to buy. :lookaroun I really love the Project Florida booklet, the Orlando Sentinel newspapers and the Opening Day tickets. :D:D:D

brkgnews

:eek: Amazing collection!!! Kind of envious.... :lol:

I am sorry if it is something personal, but how on earth were you able to obtain so many rare items? It seems to me that the original owner(s) probably would not want to part with it, and/or were incredibly expensive to buy. :lookaroun I really love the Project Florida booklet, the Orlando Sentinel newspapers and the Opening Day tickets.

Thanks. :)

How I got it? eBay is a beautiful thing :D Most of the stuff was amazingly cheap. The Project Florida booklet, on the other hand... :zipit::zipit::zipit:

EPCOT Explorer

And I continue this thread, with my late grandmothers in front of the Lucite fountain:

And a bunch of old stuff. Sorry it's sideways..../QUOTE]
Great stuff...!

I gotta add my stuff to the mix...
Alrighty... a few goodies from my collection...

First of all, a shot of all (er... make that, "the majority of") my stuff...
Library.jpg

It's not all EPCOT stuff, but a lot of it is.

Up top, there's a hardhat that was used during the park's construction...
ConstruxHardhat.jpg

Down lower, some stuff from what EPCOT was supposed to be... a white booklet that was distributed after people watched Walt's EPCOT film, plus a comb-binder full of guidance for people working on Project Florida.

There's also a 25th anniversary button on there, a park opening medalion coin thingy, an EPCOT logo drink swizzle stick, my WDWCelebrations badge, and a 1939 New York World's Fair pin for good measure. You can also see the very tippy tippy edge of my Celebration 25 credentials hanging there on the right.

Most of the EPCOT stuff is on the right.

Souvenir Program from the "official" Grand Opening Dedication Ceremony (October 24, 1982), plus the so-called "red book" and a letter to castmembers...

And finally, the park opening ticket media...
EpcotTicketMedia.jpg

Top "horseshoe" includes, L-R...
- Ticket to castmember site tour (05/09/1982)
- Construction contractor hardhat label
- Parking permit for construction crew family preview (09/06/82)
- Ticket for EPCOT Center construction site tour via monorail
- Ticjet for construction crew family preview (09/06/82)
Center of frame...
- Commemorative Opening Day ticket stub
Bottom row, L-R...
- Grand Opening Celebration ticket for Spaceship Earth Gala (10/22/82)
- Grand Opening Celebration ticket for World Showcase Festival Program and Le Carnaval de Lumiere (10/23/82)
- Grand Opening Celebration ticket for Dedication Ceremony (10/24/82)

Thanks. :

How I got it? eBay is a beautiful thing Most of the stuff was amazingly cheap. The Project Florida booklet, on the other hand...

JACKIE!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Finally, pics! Awesome stuff! Love the coin and the buttons...I have those, too and Wow! Some of my favorite pieces.

I'll have to get pics of my room up too.

And eBay? I know nothing of eBay and AIMing you interesting auctions.:lookaroun:lol::lookaroun

MKCP 1985

Jackie - that is a great collection. Thanks for going to the trouble to post the photos. My wife was an opening day cast member and has a nice coin and letter given to cast members to commemorate the opening of the Epcot Center park, and we've hung onto that. Do you have one of those coins? You have practically everything else from opening day. :D

brkgnews

Jackie - that is a great collection. Thanks for going to the trouble to post the photos. My wife was an opening day cast member and has a nice coin and letter given to cast members to commemorate the opening of the Epcot Center park, and we've hung onto that. Do you have one of those coins? You have practically everything else from opening day. :D
Thanks.

Amazingly, I do not have that other coin. :lol: I've seen it listed before on eBay but have never "pulled the trigger" on it.

I have to stay away from eBay for the most part... it's dangerous to my financial health :lookaroun But I'll venture in occasionally and pick up some goodies :D

I've got plenty of other stuff that I (eventually) intend to scan in or photograph and share. I left out the bajillions of guide maps, vacation books, etc. :dazzle:

EPCOTPluto

I know I have a bronze EPCOT Center coin that reads "Dawn of a New Disney Era" on one side.

Anyone know the significance of it?

I also have a "We Did It!" cast button from 1982. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom