EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

jeffb

Great to see this thread active again! I am enjoying all these classic EPCOT Center photos and memorabilia.

Jackie - that is one awesome collection you have there!

Here is an small article on EPCOT Center that appeared in the Floida Sentinal Star back in October 1978.

2709242304_b3b5305c0a_b.jpg

2709238498_4e6ae4c193_b.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Great to see this thread active again! I am enjoying all these classic EPCOT Center photos and memorabilia.

Jackie - that is one awesome collection you have there!

Here is an small article on EPCOT Center that appeared in the Floida Sentinal Star back in October 1978.

2709242304_b3b5305c0a_b.jpg

2709238498_4e6ae4c193_b.jpg

AHA! That's where I read the phrase "Two world constantly above politics!" It had been bugging me...:lol::wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Not so retro, but cool nontheless...Or is it?:lol:

3766389095_aa4859cb38.jpg

Mr. Sklar and some wand concept art...:lol::lookaroun
This is more tragic then what was actually produced. :lookaroun

I think since Mr. Sklar is trying his best to say, "Man, I love this tragic wand over a classic like SSE" when you know he would rather light a match to it. I dont know, maybe he thought up the thing, but that grin sure looks devious.

EPCOT Explorer

This is more tragic then what was actually produced. :lookaroun

I think since Mr. Sklar is trying his best to say, "Man, I love this tragic wand over a classic like SSE" when you know he would rather light a match to it. I dont know, maybe he thought up the thing, but that grin sure looks devious.

Seriously! All the spokes and trusses were horrible. On the finished version, too.

Marty most likely did design it....FOR THE YEAR.:lookaroun:lol:

My heart sank the day I came on here and started to see them changing a "2" for a "E" :lookaroun:lol:

joel_maxwell

Seriously! All the spokes and trusses were horrible. On the finished version, too.

Marty most likely did design it....FOR THE YEAR.:lookaroun:lol:

My heart sank the day I came on here and started to see them changing a "2" for a "E" :lookaroun:lol:
Not one of his finest moments... IMHO of course. Although, his hands might have been tied by Eisner.

I would like someone to give me the whole scoop.

EPCOT Explorer

Not one of his finest moments... IMHO of course. Although, his hands might have been tied by Eisner.

I would like someone to give me the whole scoop.

Most likely...

And even if he DID do it...It wasn't bad in 2000. I liked it. Made the trip feel special. And it looked really cool at night.:lol:

However, come 2001....:brick:

joel_maxwell

Most likely...

And even if he DID do it...It wasn't bad in 2000. I liked it. Made the trip feel special. And it looked really cool at night.:lol:

However, come 2001....:brick:
I did actually see it in 2000. Not to shabby. I think I was more destracted by the absence of Horizons on Sam's maiden trip. Actually, i think i saw it in mid-late 1999.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Jeff saves the day with his Horizons puzzle...yay!

:sohappy:

And just when i was thinking this was about to turn into yet another 'Wand Debate' thread....ha ha ha....

Well, for what it's worth- i liked the additon in 2000. It looked great for the special Millinieum Celebration.

Having said that, i have to confess that i liked THIS much much more however.....

...remember 'Wand Watch 07'??

EPCOTwandfinallycomingdown.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Jeff saves the day with his Horizons puzzle...yay!

:sohappy:

And just when i was thinking this was about to turn into yet another 'Wand Debate' thread....ha ha ha....

Well, for what it's worth- i liked the additon in 2000. It looked great for the special Millinieum Celebration.

Having said that, i have to confess that i liked THIS much much more however.....

...remember 'Wand Watch 07'??

EPCOTwandfinallycomingdown.jpg

Wand Watch 07 was a highlight of that summer and ultimately that year.:king::lookaroun:sohappy::sohappy:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Remember long ago...before 'Wands' and 'thrill rides'......

....we had Pavillion Logos showing us on international terms where to go?

EPCOTCenterPavillionguidesign83.jpg

-

And remember how breathtakingly beautiful EPCOT Center was...before all the 'clutter' and distracting ( not to mention contrasting) additons made just to make a quick buck?

EPCOT Center in 1983, veiw from The Land Pavillion-

EPCOTCenterfromTheLand83.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh........feel the flow of goodness.

:eek:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wand Watch 07 was a highlight of that summer and ultimately that year.:king::lookaroun:sohappy::sohappy:

Asolutely. It was the iciing on the cake really as far as preperations went for C25.

Somewhere i have some great pix of the Wand being ripped down. I savor them once in a while.

EPCOT Explorer

Remember long ago...before 'Wands' and 'thrill rides'......

....we had Pavillion Logos showing us on international terms where to go?

EPCOTCenterPavillionguidesign83.jpg

-

And remember how breathtakingly beautiful EPCOT Center was...before all the 'clutter' and distracting ( not to mention contrasting) additons made just to make a quick buck?

EPCOT Center in 1983, veiw from The Land Pavillion-

EPCOTCenterfromTheLand83.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh........feel the flow of goodness.

:eek:
Pavilion Logos...amazingness. So sleek and futuristic.

However, FW West is BARREN in that pic! It needs SOME trees!:lol:

Asolutely. It was the iciing on the cake really as far as preperations went for C25.

Somewhere i have some great pix of the Wand being ripped down. I savor them once in a while.
Me too!:lol:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Here's a cool photo-

From September 1982

Note that the famous fountain in front of SSE is down for rehab..

EPCOTSept82.jpg

-

Here's history in the making-

Steel work is complete on a newly 'born' SSE...now its time for a hard earned 'topping off' ceremony.

I bet one of these guys is wearing Jackie's hard hat...YES! The guy in the blue shirt! I KNEW IT! :lol:

EPCOTCenter-ToppingoffSSE.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom