EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

darthjohnny

In 1994, there was an Epcot Happy Meal

P1110223.jpg

Oh! So that's the entire set then. I thought I was missing some becasue I didn't have one for every country. So now I realize I have them all. Cool. :D

ZapperZ

Don't mean to revive a 2-year old thread, but I've finally gotten my act together and framed all the precious stuff that we got during the most memorable Celebration 25 event. What took me so long? Well, the last "piece of the puzzle" was gotten over last Christmas when a friend (who is a cast member) gave me the cast member pin and card from the Epcot 25th anniversary event. That was what I was waiting for to so-called complete my collection.

I finally had some time to bring everything together and get it custom-framed, and here's the final result.

IMG_6161.jpg

I have it hanging in a very prominent place in my sitting room. Whenever I look at it, all the wonderful memories came right back. These are only "stuff", but they carry with them a memory that will last a lifetime.

Notice at the bottom is our group photo, the same one I gave to several of you who requested for it way back when.

Zz.

EPCOT Explorer

Don't mean to revive a 2-year old thread, but I've finally gotten my act together and framed all the precious stuff that we got during the most memorable Celebration 25 event. What took me so long? Well, the last "piece of the puzzle" was gotten over last Christmas when a friend (who is a cast member) gave me the cast member pin and card from the Epcot 25th anniversary event. That was what I was waiting for to so-called complete my collection.

I finally had some time to bring everything together and get it custom-framed, and here's the final result.

IMG_6161.jpg

I have it hanging in a very prominent place in my sitting room. Whenever I look at it, all the wonderful memories came right back. These are only "stuff", but they carry with them a memory that will last a lifetime.

Notice at the bottom is our group photo, the same one I gave to several of you who requested for it way back when.

Zz.
Very, very nice... I have the CM Pin , too...However, I didn't get the cool backing! That's lovely. Do you have the Monorail Logo pin, though? It had SSE, the Mono swooping around it and a large 25.:wave:

Great display.

I had missed this thread.:eek:

RoRo

Very, very nice... I have the CM Pin , too...However, I didn't get the cool backing! That's lovely. Do you have the Monorail Logo pin, though? It had SSE, the Mono swooping around it and a large 25.:wave:

Great display.

I had missed this thread.:eek:

I agree that is an impressive collection.

ZapperZ

I think I got all the LE pins released on that day. I missed a couple of the open edition pins, but got them later. All of them should be in the frame, I think.

Zz.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wow fantastic work on the framed display! VERY very nicely done!

:sohappy:

I was shocked to see this thread 'back from the abyss'. I never expected to see it up here again, but i will admit it was a nice surprise.

It is strange, but the EPCOT 25 bash has been haunting me these past few days. In recent, completely unrelated random threads i keep finding references to it. It's a good thing i suppose...but it brings back a lot of reminders of the past.

..and some folks feel that this was not a 'major Event'...that it did not 'change anything in the Disney Company'.

Uh huh....

...."these are'nt the Droids you are looking for"...

Now that this thread is 'back' in the spotlight perhaps one of these nights i will go nuts and post a bunch of stuff i have come across worthy of sharing. Retro stuff....cool stuff...and far out stuff.

One of these nights...

EPCOT Explorer

I think I got all the LE pins released on that day. I missed a couple of the open edition pins, but got them later. All of them should be in the frame, I think.

Zz.
Ah, that's cool.:D I just didn't see the Monoswoosh one.:lol: That's a fave of mine.:D

Wow fantastic work on the framed display! VERY very nicely done!

:sohappy:

I was shocked to see this thread 'back from the abyss'. I never expected to see it up here again, but i will admit it was a nice surprise.

It is strange, but the EPCOT 25 bash has been haunting me these past few days. In recent, completely unrelated random threads i keep finding references to it. It's a good thing i suppose...but it brings back a lot of reminders of the past.

..and some folks feel that this was not a 'major Event'...that it did not 'change anything in the Disney Company'.

Uh huh....

...."these are'nt the Droids you are looking for"...

Now that this thread is 'back' in the spotlight perhaps one of these nights i will go nuts and post a bunch of stuff i have come across worthy of sharing. Retro stuff....cool stuff...and far out stuff.

One of these nights...
Please do! I always love your retro posts.:D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I have not visited this thread since 2 years ago....did i post the scans of my original 83' 'WorldPassport Tickets' and other neato paper media?

I know about a year or so ago i posted these in another 'retro WDW themed' thread, so i am assuming it was not this one.

I will post these asap

I just love old ticket media!

EPCOT Explorer

I have not visited this thread since 2 years ago....did i post the scans of my original 83' 'WorldPassport Tickets' and other neato paper media?

I know about a year or so ago i posted these in another 'retro WDW themed' thread, so i am assuming it was not this one.

I will post these asap

I just love old ticket media!

Notice my avatar...:D From a 1985 ticket image I found online.:lol: Love the two park logo!!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well tonight is the night after all....

:D

Hold onto your MouseEars kids...it's gonna be a blast to the past !

Before i post the ticket media, here are some nice images to set the tone and warm things up a little...

Fab collectors' plate from the early 80's. I have always liked this image a LOT as it has all the REALLY important aspects that to me scream 'REAL WDW'

Note that even the original fountain in front of SSE is shown, as well as all the classic forms of Transportation ( like the Ferryboat) that rarely make it into today's current Park designs...
WaltDisneyWorld1986graphic.jpg

This was one of many items one could buy in the Parks, OR order directly from them with the offiical WDW Mail Order Catalog! Remember THESE? Long before the Disney Store..or in the internet....

Cover of the 1985 issue- The front cover has more awesome art i love. I actually bought this poster and still have it up here in my livingspace.

WDWRetro85MerchCatalog.jpg

Just ONE of the many pages showcasing some of the awesome merchandise to be had in EPCOT Center cira 1985 is shown below.

( WARNING- contains incredibly cool stuff you would sell your first born for. PROCEED viewing WITH CAUTION!)

-

-

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

-

-

WDWRetroEPCOTMerch-1.jpg

-

Of course you would want to bring home such Merch in some cool then-contemporary paper park bags-

From 1979-

WDWRetro78PaperBag.jpg

From 1985-

WDWRetro85PlasticBag.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Well tonight is the night after all....

Hold onto your MouseEars kids...it's gonna be a blast to the past !

Before i post the ticket media, here are some nice images to set the tone and warm things up a little...

Fab collectors' plate from the early 80's. I have always liked this image a LOT as it has all the REALLY important aspects that to me scream 'REAL WDW'

Note that even the original fountain in front of SSE is shown, as well as all the classic forms of Transportation ( like the Ferryboat) that rarely make it into today's current Park designs...
WaltDisneyWorld1986graphic.jpg

This was one of many items one could buy in the Parks, OR order directly from them with the offiical WDW Mail Order Catalog! Remember THESE? Long before the Disney Store..or in the internet....

Cover of the 1985 issue- The front cover has more awesome art i love. I actually bought this poster and still have it up here in my livingspace.

WDWRetro85MerchCatalog.jpg

Just ONE of the many pages showcasing some of the awesome merchandise to be had in EPCOT Center cira 1985 is shown below.

( WARNING- contains incredibly cool stuff you would sell your first born for. PROCEED viewing WITH CAUTION!)

-

-

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

-

-

WDWRetroEPCOTMerch-1.jpg

-

Of course you would want to bring home such Merch in some cool then-contemporary paper park bags-

From 1979-

WDWRetro78PaperBag.jpg

From 1985-

WDWRetro85PlasticBag.jpg
I think you have posted these, but WOW!:sohappy::D

So much EPCOT Center-y goodness.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Some more cool Merch-

WDW 10th Anniversary pinback button ( large size) 1981

Epcot was still being built then, with Monorail Previews in full swing!

Ahhh....

WDWRetro10thAnniversarybutton.jpg

One of my all time favorite magnets ( ever...for anything!)

TWO PARKS = Never matched awesomeness

WDWRetroMagnet.jpg

And now that we have warmed up, let's cut to the chance and get on with the paper media!

First let's all have fun planning our trip to EPCOT cira 1983!

( Time to use your 'imagination'!)

First, we will be enticed to visit thanks to this fabulous early brochere ( the 'Introducing EPCOT Center gets me everytime..)

WDWRetro82Brochere.jpg

Next, we look over this awesome hardback souvenier book from 1985- It REALLY starts to make us want to visit!

WDWRetro86HardcoverBook.jpg

Some EPCOT Center related pages ( just a sample as the book is PACKED with all the retro shots you could dream of!)

TransCenter at WoM- ( apologies for the small sizes for these two scans..i have dial up service and are a bit limited on my end!)

WDWRetro86TransCenterpage2.jpg

WDWRetro86TransCenterpage1.jpg

Okay, we are hooked for sure now. We decide to buy tickets..but what to buy? Should we just go a for couple of days, or really splurge and spend the $35.00 for a 'WorldPassport'?

Promotional brochere advertising your savings with the 'WorldPassport' in 1985-

WDWRetro3-Dayadbrochere.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom