EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Okay...we are really on a roll now....

WE HAVE OUR TICKETS!!! Yippee!

1983 WorldPassports ( both STILL valid for admission !)

WDWRetroWorldPassporttickets.jpg

Now it's time to book our flight. From where i live ( Boston area), you almost always flew down on EASTERN AIRLINES ( Remember Eastern? It was 'The Official Airline of Walt Disney World' long before Delta was...

Totally cool Eastern Airlines luggage tag from 1982 ( note WDW Logo! I LOVE THIS TAG!!! Who saves this crap?? ( raises hand...)

WDWRetroMCOluggagetag.jpg

Alright...we are flying in style now...time for some onboard refreshment-

Check THIS out- ( speaking of saving random crap...lol...)

Eastern Airlines paper cocktail NAPKIN advertising 'Disney's latest wonder' EPCOT Center!

WDWRetroEasternAirlinesNapkin.jpg

Now that we have arrived in Florida, it's time to drive off to visit WDW!

First, we need to buy a parking ticket.

Note the price-:lol:

WDWRetroParkingMedia.jpg

Yay! We are HERE! Time to buy out 'Transportaion Ticket' so we can ride the Monorail over to the MK later in the day. And while we are at it, let's purchase a ticket to visit 'Discovery Island' ( Remember THAT??)

WDWRetroTicketMedia.jpg

Wait...we better pick up a Park Map so we will know where we are going in the Parks.......

WDWRetro84GuideMaps.jpg

...uh, on second though, we DON'T NEED A MAP! We all know the Parks too well for a map!

:lol:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wow...what a great trip!

Now that we are back home, and recovering from 'EPCOT Withdraw' symptoms, we look over the latest WDW Mail Order Catalog again and order all the stuff we could'nt fit in out luggage-

1985 Catalog t-shirt collection

WDWRetro85MerchCatalogshirts.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed your Magical time at the 'Vacation Kingdom of the World' ( remember when WDW was called that?). Please enjoy the rest of your stay at WDWMagic.com!

:wave:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I know exactly how you are feeling about the Figment Bank! I ordered one out of this catalog back then.

I have two actually, the one i ordered i still have mint with tag. The other one a friend gave to me as a gift. It's used, but they knew i love EPCOT and Figment so....i was more then happy to take it off their hands!

:D

These turn up on eBay quite often...and go pretty reasonably priced.

With C25 long over, the prices for a lot of the retro stuff has gone back down to Earth.

EPCOT Explorer

I know exactly how you are feeling about the Figment Bank! I ordered one out of this catalog back then.

I have two actually, the one i ordered i still have mint with tag. The other one a friend gave to me as a gift. It's used, but they knew i love EPCOT and Figment so....i was more then happy to take it off their hands!

These turn up on eBay quite often...and go pretty reasonably priced.

With C25 long over, the prices for a lot of the retro stuff has gone back down to Earth.

My Aunt actually has her Figgy Bank still... I oggle that every visit.:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Oh yeah, a revival!!:goodnevil

DW & DD in what is now part of Lost EPCOT, 1985:

1985-109-copy.jpg

Boys will be boys, 1997:

1997-71-copy.jpg

They seriously need to get that second level open again. :mad:

And there used to be trees in the jumping fountain planters??? :eek: What were they thinking when they took those out??!! :fork:

Crazy4WDW1

Sigh . . . I so love seeing the retro items. I have an old park merchandise catalog from 1984. I just love looking at the cool stuff that they sold in the parks. :wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Sigh . . . I so love seeing the retro items. I have an old park merchandise catalog from 1984. I just love looking at the cool stuff that they sold in the parks. :wave:
I slap myself frequently when looking at retro stuff. I say, "Joel, you had those things in your possession back in the day and instead of saving that spectacular retro napkin with SSE/Rainbow and Eastern plane on it, you wiped your mouth instead. LOSER".

I didnt realize the potential for retro stuff until 1990 when I first visited MGM. I have some stuff from there.

EPCOT Explorer

I slap myself frequently when looking at retro stuff. I say, "Joel, you had those things in your possession back in the day and instead of saving that spectacular retro napkin with SSE/Rainbow and Eastern plane on it, you wiped your mouth instead. LOSER".

I didnt realize the potential for retro stuff until 1990 when I first visited MGM. I have some stuff from there.

:lol: This is why I save napkins from each trip.:lookaroun

And MGM....Easily I have nothing from there.:(

EPCOT on the otherhand...:D

hpyhnt 1000

Great collections and pics! Ah, the good ole days when EPCOT Center really did seem like the eighth wonder of the world... what ever happend to marleting it like that? :(

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wow...great to see this ol' thread still high up on the list still.

Here is another photo i thought i would add here as it relates...

Michael Jackson stalking the Rainbow Tunnel at JII's original 'Image Works' back in the early 80's

MichaelJacksonintheJIIRainbowTunnel.jpg

I love that tunnel....

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Great collections and pics! Ah, the good ole days when EPCOT Center really did seem like the eighth wonder of the world... what ever happend to marleting it like that? :(

It still is to me....you just have to know where to look. :animwink:

I really like your avatat photo by the way...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom