Do you ever cry?

wdwmomof3

OMG! I love this thread! I knew I wasn't the only one. :lol:

The first trip we took our sons to WDW, the hubby and I clung to each other crying from the time the plane left the ground in Orlando.

The 2nd trip we took our kids I got sick with the flu the day after we arrived and probably cried a few times because I couldn't believe my rotten luck. I was miserable.

The 3rd trip we took our sons we also took my in-laws for their very 1st trip. We worked thru the crowds down Main Street and I was busy keeping us all together. As we approached the hub I looked back at my mother-in-law who was sobbing and I lost it (along with the hubby & father-in-law). It was such a sweet moment. During that trip I had a Disney-meltdown (we all know what those are) because the kids were being difficult. I cried a bunch then. Same trip, as we were leaving MK on our final night all the way up Main Street I kept looking back over my shoulder. After 3 or 4 times my DH stopped, looked back, and asked me what I kept looking at. Then he looked at my face and saw I was crying. I hated leaving.

This past trip, 4th trip with the kids, I timed my cd's so that as we passed under the WDW sign driving in I had "On My Way" from the Brother Bear soundtrack playing. I soooo was crying. LOL!

Generally, RoE makes me cry, the American Adventure show brings tears, Wishes of course, and (I guess I'm weird here) the big movie montage at the end of GMR makes me all misty. The new Finding Nemo musical was a teary moment. Leaving always makes me cry. I hate going back to life as usual. Then, of course, if my kids cry when we leave I will totally lose it. LOL!

I'm glad to see that the song "On My Way" gets to more people than me. That is my favorite song when we are heading down. Every time I hear it I think of Disney world. :animwink: I really think it says it all, don't you.

Jayhawkie

I always cry during the Lion King show. I cannot contain myself. That show from start to finish completely moves me!!! I have to have my camera up to my face to hide the fact that I'm a blubbering idiot!!!:ROFLOL:

sweetpee_1993

^

Oh yeah! Loooove that song!!! I love Brother Bear but thought I was all alone in that. The soundtrack is awesome. We listen to it all the time. :)

Nut4Disney

I get choked up and sometimes have some sort of salty discharge emitting from an eye when watching my 2yr old and 4 yr old in the parks and with characters. (must be the allergens in the air at WDW or something) The opening ceremony for MK and ROE get me too.

lilclerk

Oh yeah.

I tear up a little when I walk onto Main St. Same when I leave. I cry A LOT during Wishes. During Philharmagic. During Soarin (don't even know why on that one.) IllumiNations. SSE. Muppets 3D. In Disneyland, I teared up on the Alice ride.
I am pretty much am a bawling mess the entire trip, it's horrible.

wdwdude423

LOL, I think it's so funny how we're all talking about this. I can admit I cry a lot when I'm at Disney but I try so hard to hold back the tears, and kind of hide my face to wipe my eyes. ROE and Wishes are the biggest tearjerkers ever! Spectromagic is up there on the tearjerker list too.

kadesha

I don't cry, but I do get teary eyes. Especially on the first and last day. On the first day I'm so excited, and it makes me so happy everytime my kids get excited about something. Then the last day, I'm so depressed, everything makes me teary eyed, especially Wishes!!

GoofyMike29

The end of One Man's Dream got me really emotional the first time I saw it. My last trip to Disney World I was on Magical Express and my friend (first time to WDW) was humming the Spectro Magic song and we both were a little upset.

dsnyfreak

I cry watching the vacation video i love this place so much.:cry: I know that sounds childish but its true. and like most everyone else I cry at all the parades and firework shows.

dsnyfreak

I even cry watching the gerat hotels or any of the travel channel stuff on tv. I cry looking at old photos of vacations gone by.waiting to visit again and wishing I was there 24/7 the enjoy the magic that is Walt Disney World.:cry::D

figment1988

i do feel slightly choked up when i hear the kids choir doing the "starlight" bit in wishes. strangely enough, that portion of the song also reminds me of the main chorus in Martika's 1989 song "Toy Soldiers"

phenom1307

i dont know if i've ever cried but one year the day before we had to leave me, my brother, and sister were all really sad that we had to leave that my parents came up to us and said if you guys promise to get up really early on sunday because well have to drive all the way home, we can stay another day...and boy was i excited haha

there was only one time where i really really wanted to leave disney and its just because we took one of my friends with us and he just ed me off the whole time...i even said to my mom "mom, this is the first time i've wanted to leave disney"....

DisneyChik17

i dont know if i've ever cried but one year the day before we had to leave me, my brother, and sister were all really sad that we had to leave that my parents came up to us and said if you guys promise to get up really early on sunday because well have to drive all the way home, we can stay another day...and boy was i excited haha

there was only one time where i really really wanted to leave disney and its just because we took one of my friends with us and he just ed me off the whole time...i even said to my mom "mom, this is the first time i've wanted to leave disney"....

Way off topic, but that is my biggest fear of taking a friend. I think I will just stick with family trips.

And yes, I cry. CoP gets me. I guess it's that song. All the hope in it. Wishes gets me. That little "Star light; star bright; first star I see tonight." It just eats me up. Main Street. Meeting Belle. UoE. Looking back on it makes me cry more though. But, they are tears of joy.

Oh, and cranking my car. I have 4 key chains...all Disney. :)

Figment1989

Crying...

I must say, there has not been a time leaving the World that I have NOT cried. This past trip, I went with my boyfriend, and the clincher was on the DME ride back to Orlando Intl., they played the video and all the characters sang "Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company." I sat there and SOBBED the remainder of the bus ride.

Kriszee1

OK, at least I know I'm not the only one here who gets emotional at Disney! My worst or best moment (depends on how you look at it) was during Wishes. It was my first time seeing the fireworks with my family and I was sitting on the ground holding my 3 year old son. I was choked up during the whole display and managed to keep myself from crying. Anyways after the fireworks was over my son looked up at me and said, "I loved the fireworks mommy, they made me happy!" Well, that was it - I couldn't hold the tears in anymore. My husband didn't even say anything to me (he usually pokes fun when I cry). I think he was feeling the same thing but didn't want to admit it! Now whenever I hear the Wishes music I get tears in my eyes - am I a wuss or what!?!

I did the same thing with my 3 year old son at Wishes. It was worse the first night when he saw Illuminations. The worst crying episode was seeing the Nemo musical on opening day. He is autistic and will watch Nemo 3 times in one day. His face, his eyes...my husband and I were bawling by the end of it and (I am tearing up now...) we looked at each other and said, this is why we came here.:cry:

NewfieFan

I did the same thing with my 3 year old son at Wishes. It was worse the first night when he saw Illuminations. The worst crying episode was seeing the Nemo musical on opening day. He is autistic and will watch Nemo 3 times in one day. His face, his eyes...my husband and I were bawling by the end of it and (I am tearing up now...) we looked at each other and said, this is why we came here.:cry:

True that!!! Makes every last cent you spend worth it!

wvdisneyfamily

Sometimes I'll Google Spectro Magic just to hear the music. It always makes me teary eyed, but it gives me a lift when I'm down.
My MP3 player has all kinds of Disney ride/show audio that make me happy/teary.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom