Disneyland's Summer Nightastic!! Starts June 12, 2009

sponono88

Original Poster
Finally got to see Pixie Hollow in person last night.. the whole area looks amazing at night. Although I didn't get to see the water/light show I was still really impressed with how they transformed it from the previous King Triton gardens that were there before. The trees are all lit up with tiny little lasers and the overall lighting and theming is impressive. I also loved the fun little Irish music in the background :D really loved this

I saw the 9 and 10:30 Fantasmic shows.. the first showing had a few problems. the crocodile was missing and worst of all 90% of the characters were missing on the Mark Twain for the finale. Only a handful of characters (a couple princesses and their princes) showed up - it was a sad sight. Second show was great and all the characters were back.. still no dragon though :(

EPCOT Explorer

Finally got to see Pixie Hollow in person last night.. the whole area looks amazing at night. Although I didn't get to see the water/light show I was still really impressed with how they transformed it from the previous King Triton gardens that were there before. The trees are all lit up with tiny little lasers and the overall lighting and theming is impressive. I also loved the fun little Irish music in the background :D really loved this

I saw the 9 and 10:30 Fantasmic shows.. the first showing had a few problems. the crocodile was missing and worst of all 90% of the characters were missing on the Mark Twain for the finale. Only a handful of characters (a couple princesses and their princes) showed up - it was a sad sight. Second show was great and all the characters were back.. still no dragon though :(

Irish...as in ....Light Magic!?

*runs away*

:lol::lol::lookaroun

TP2000

Irish...as in ....Light Magic!?

*runs away*

:lol::lol::lookaroun

Actually, it sounds almost exactly like Light Magic. I don't think it was a track taken from the show itself, but it appears to be music that used to play during the set-up for Light Magic when the floats were moving into place.

If it's not lifted from old Light Magic tracks, then it was clearly influenced by the Light Magic soundtracks. Or someone has a really good sense of humor and just made up new music that purposely sounds like Light Magic. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Actually, it sounds almost exactly like Light Magic. I don't think it was a track taken from the show itself, but it appears to be music that used to play during the set-up for Light Magic when the floats were moving into place.

If it's not lifted from old Light Magic tracks, then it was clearly influenced by the Light Magic soundtracks. Or someone has a really good sense of humor and just made up new music that purposely sounds like Light Magic. :lol:

:ROFLOL:

That's hysterical, seeing the reaction to it..

Laura

Premium Member
I am a Disneyland noob so please excuse my noob language and lack of correct terminology. :lol:

We spent the day at Disneyland (and DCA) yesterday for my daughter's 6th birthday. Back in April I took my first ever trip to Disneyland and yesterday was my second trip (now we live an hour away so we'll go a lot). Anyway, one of the most amazing things I took away from my first visit was the fireworks show at DIsneyland with all the incredible effects. With all the hype about this summer nightastic thing (there's a billboard out my window lol) I thought the new fireworks would be even better than the other show...and they definitely weren't. Honestly, I thought the fireworks we saw last night were the most boring I've ever seen at a Disney park. Boring soundtrack, the fireworks themselves were boring. Maybe 1/10 the greatness of the ones I saw in April. In April they utilized all of Main Street in the show and last night they only had fireworks bursting behind the castle and didn't do any special effects. Dumbo was exactly like Tink, just a teeny thing bobbing back and forth in front of the castle lol. The only part I enjoyed was at the very end when all the confetti shoots down on the street. That was really awesome. But the show itself was a snooze IMO. I did LOVE Fantasmic though, which is saying something because I never cared for it at Hollywood Studios.

EPCOT Explorer

I am a Disneyland noob so please excuse my noob language and lack of correct terminology. :lol:

We spent the day at Disneyland (and DCA) yesterday for my daughter's 6th birthday. Back in April I took my first ever trip to Disneyland and yesterday was my second trip (now we live an hour away so we'll go a lot). Anyway, one of the most amazing things I took away from my first visit was the fireworks show at DIsneyland with all the incredible effects. With all the hype about this summer nightastic thing (there's a billboard out my window lol) I thought the new fireworks would be even better than the other show...and they definitely weren't. Honestly, I thought the fireworks we saw last night were the most boring I've ever seen at a Disney park. Boring soundtrack, the fireworks themselves were boring. Maybe 1/10 the greatness of the ones I saw in April. In April they utilized all of Main Street in the show and last night they only had fireworks bursting behind the castle and didn't do any special effects. Dumbo was exactly like Tink, just a teeny thing bobbing back and forth in front of the castle lol. The only part I enjoyed was at the very end when all the confetti shoots down on the street. That was really awesome. But the show itself was a snooze IMO. I did LOVE Fantasmic though, which is saying something because I never cared for it at Hollywood Studios.
Hiya, Laura!:D

That's the purpose of this show. The show you saw in April, Remember...Dreams Come True, was much more labor intensive with it's pyro and mandated that half the park be closed for safety reasons.

With the new "Magical!" performance, less pyro is used, so the park us not half shot down, allowing for a greater capacity and more movement...A smart move, since DL has it's summer crowds.

As for the music, and effects...My opinion greeeeeatly differs.:lol::wave:

Hope Cali is treating you well!:kiss:

sponono88

Original Poster

:zipit:

nemofinder22

Some news on the dragon :( Well hopefully they can get it soon, if they really needed lots more time to fix it theres always that ROA refurbishment time that can be really helpful, and maybe the fountains can also be upgrade more to be up on par with WOC.

http://miceage.micechat.com/
Editor's Note 7/15: Work on Murphy (the Fantasmic dragon) has slowed upon the realization that some of the mechanics need to be re-engineered entirely. Right now it's not expected to debut in time for the 17th, and people are again talking about a timetable in weeks instead of days. Do expect the Magical fireworks show to perform on weekends after Nightastic ends, until the new Villains fireworks show debuts on September 25th; which by the way, late yesterday Disneyland confirmed along with the Ghost overlay for Space Mountain. - Al Lutz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom