Disneyland's Summer Nightastic!! Starts June 12, 2009

nemofinder22

Very cool...

Nemo, LOVE the updates you give us! Appreciate them a ton.:)

:) Thanks!

Remember Summer Nightastic! ends this Sunday, and like all this summer there's rumors that the dragon will come out this weekend...:shrug: word has it, that its been seen testing out in the mornings before park open.:shrug:

Also most of the Summer Nightastic! offerings are sticking around for a bit, and are shown below, except Disney's Electrical Parade goes dark after this Sun.

Starting on Sept 8
Fantasmic! Dark on
09|08|09---09|10|09
09|14|09---09|17|09

Magical- goes dark
09|08|09---09|10|09
09|14|09---09|17|09

Starting, Sept 25 the Halloween fireworks take over and then starting Nov. 13 Believe...In Holiday Magic starts.

Aug 24
Disney's Electrical Parade- Goes dark

Starting on Aug 26-
Pixar Play Parade is dark on the following days generally Wed and Thurs.
08|26|09---08|27|09
09|02|09---09|03|09
09|09|09---09|10|09

sponono88

Original Poster
:) Thanks!

Remember Summer Nightastic! ends this Sunday, and like all this summer there's rumors that the dragon will come out this weekend...:shrug: word has it, that its been seen testing out in the mornings before park open.:shrug:

Also most of the Summer Nightastic! offerings are sticking around for a bit, and are shown below, except Disney's Electrical Parade goes dark after this Sun.

Starting on Sept 8
Fantasmic! Dark on
09|08|09---09|10|09
09|14|09---09|17|09

Magical- goes dark
09|08|09---09|10|09
09|14|09---09|17|09

Starting, Sept 25 the Halloween fireworks take over and then starting Nov. 13 Believe...In Holiday Magic starts.

Aug 24
Disney's Electrical Parade- Goes dark

Starting on Aug 26-
Pixar Play Parade is dark on the following days generally Wed and Thurs.
08|26|09---08|27|09
09|02|09---09|03|09
09|09|09---09|10|09

the Micechat boards really go crazy every night the dragon is rumored to premiere. we're now at version 2.0 of the Dragon Tracker thread!

sad to hear DEP is going back on hiatus. I really enjoy that parade and i'll miss seeing it at DCA - it is supposedly moving back to DL next year.

i'm glad Magical is sticking around for a little while longer.. wonder what will happen to Pixie Hollow and the little nighttime shows. I hope they will continue to show even after nightastic ends.

nemofinder22

haha true on the flip side it seems that theres been 3rd showings of F! all week?

I'd love to see DEP return to DL but it is nice at DCA to get good seats with out a huge wait prior.

Hmm I would think Pixie Hollow enhancements would stick around for some time, and TLT Dance Club would just revert to Tomorrowland Terrace with its weekend shows.

nemofinder22

Ok so this should end all things of the dragon making it in time for the closing of Summer Nightastic!

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com...mmer-season-ending-without-dragon-show/15465/

Disney’s summer season ending without dragon show posted by Sarah Tully

Dragon on Disney materials

The image of a giant glowing dragon spitting fire graces most promotional material — billboards, flags, fliers — for Disney’s Summer Nightastic events.

But the theme park’s official summer season will end this weekend without any appearance of the dragon in the water-and-light Fantasmic show because of technical difficulties.

Still, Disney officials promise that fans should get ample time to see the dragon, once it’s ready, because the Fantasmic show will be extended until the end of the year, said John McClintock, a Disneyland spokesman. Disney recently decided to add extra time for the show. On busy days, a third show is added at 11:30 p.m.

But a firm date for the dragon’s debut has yet to be released.

The dragon was supposed to emerge as the centerpiece of a revamped Fantasmic show, stretching 35 feet high in 17 seconds as “Sleeping Beauty” character Maleficent transformed into a dragon in the water and light show. The dragon then was to ignite the Rivers of America for 25 seconds, according to Disney’s press materials.

The dragon was designed to be 40 feet tall by 28 feet wide, weighing about 10,000 pounds.

But the dragon has yet to get off the ground in public, prompting much debate and discussion among Disney fans online. Fans even gave the dragon the nickname of Murphy after Murphy’s Law.

Disney has continued to release the same official statement about the dragon:

“Our goal is to exceed our Guests’ expectations every day. Because the dragon is technically complex and the largest and most fully animated Disney character ever created for a live stage show, we want it to be perfect before adding it to Fantasmic! However, Fantasmic! is a summer tradition at Disneyland, and we’re glad we have been able to offer the show throughout the summer. We’re happy so many Guests have been able to experience it.”

Al Lutz, editor of Miceage.com, a Disney watchdog blog, said he has heard that the dragon may be up soon, but he isn’t sure he believes it after so many delays. Lutz has monitored the behind-the-scenes problems on his blog.

“I’ve never seen so much attention on one thing,” Lutz said of the fans. “I find it fascinating.”

The Summer Nightastic season officially runs June 12 through Sunday, although some features will go beyond this weekend.

Here is the schedule for some promotions:

* Disney’s Electrical Parade in Disney’s California Adventure will go on for the last time Sunday.
* Sunday is the last day for Southern California residents to buy three day passes for $99. The first visit must be made on Sunday at the latest.
* The fireworks show, called “Magical,” will go on nightly through Labor Day and on weekends until Sept. 20. A special Halloween fireworks show is set to begin Sept. 25.
* Fantasmic shows will be nightly through Labor Day and on weekends through the end of the year.

sponono88

Original Poster
The Reluctant Dragon - MiceAge.com Aug. 26, 2009

We should probably start with the latest news on Murphy (the new Fantasmic! dragon), since his failure to appear will be what the summer of 2009 is remembered for. All of the mechanical and structural repairs and alterations have been completed on the dragon as of last week.

The story of exactly what went wrong with the robotic dragon in the first place is a tricky one, and the information that has fallen into place over the last month now points not to mechanical design flaws or errors in the installation process, but rather how the dragon was being operated by Disney's own people once the outside contractor had installed the robot this past spring.

The good news is that the dragon has been running through his paces correctly in recent days, and the delay now is more about waiting for unique valves and replacement parts for the ferocious fire breathing effect and the need to get in some quick rehearsal time before the public debut. Barring any unplanned setbacks, the dragon could appear later this week.

Those who have seen him run through his paces in person are very impressed with his size and sophistication as he glares his glowing LED eyes and bends down within a few feet of a trembling Mickey Mouse. You can bet the MiceChatters will be following his every move when he does make his first public appearance. The silver lining is that Fantasmic! has now been added back to all weekends until Thanksgiving, after originally being slated to close for the fall.

so.. the latest rumors have stated that Murphy is going through final testings/adjustments, and today Al Lutz confirmed it. definitely good news! i'll probably be there Friday night.. here's hoping Murphy finally makes a debut this weekend :eek:

juan

so.. the latest rumors have stated that Murphy is going through final testings/adjustments, and today Al Lutz confirmed it. definitely good news! i'll probably be there Friday night.. here's hoping Murphy finally makes a debut this weekend :eek:

Me too!!:sohappy: 1st time ever!

EPCOT Explorer

Oooh! Here's to Murphy!:D

And some great vids on youtube!:lookaroun

nemofinder22

Fingers crossed!:)

Me too!!:sohappy: 1st time ever!
Hope you have a great time!

Oooh! Here's to Murphy!:D

And some great vids on youtube!:lookaroun

I'm sure there will be plenty, if not tons. The DLR based boards are going to literally explode!

nemofinder22

Oh, of course. I LOVED the flood of Magical coverage back in June.:D

Me too! In the coming months I think it will happen again with the dragon, Halloween Screams, Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy(which might be pointless since you can see anything anyway) and World of Color. Ahhh is it time for World of Color yet!!!!!:ROFLOL:

Edit - add to that what ever D23 dishes out on Sept 12

prbiker15

Al Lutz's words are pretty much true, so Im really hoping Murphy appearing finally can stop the wait. SN! didnt go good for F! so let's hope everything goes back to normal when he arrives, along with Pinocchio (if he didnt return).

Nicole220

Al Lutz's words are GOD, so Im really hoping Murphy appearing finally can stop the wait. SN! didnt go good for F! so let's hope everything goes back to normal when he arrives, along with Pinocchio (if he didnt return).
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom