Disneyland's Summer Nightastic!! Starts June 12, 2009

imagineer boy

I must say, I couldn't care less about the pixi hollow news, but after seeing the video I'm simply amazed! How could somthing so lame sounding end up being so cool?!

nemofinder22

Disney's Electrical Parade-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25TEZenHy3M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo5ZTTZNZjU

Im kinda bummed the Dumbo unit is no longer part of the parade at least he flys now in the fireworks, but overall the parade looks and sounds great! Im really loving the way it came back this time, usually DEP just returns but this time theres a reason to go and see it. Welcome back Pinocchio and Snow!

Heres hoping theres more upgrades in store for next year and same for this year with Christmas Fantasy.

TP2000

Im kinda bummed the Dumbo unit is no longer part of the parade at least he flys now in the fireworks, but overall the parade looks and sounds great! .

What is kind of funny is that Dumbo unit always seemed the most out of place to me. Not Dumbo per se, but those kind of scary clowns who would do the cheesy juggling act on that float with the corny carnival music playing. It just seemed the most "un-Disney" to me.

But then, I am one of those nuts who have always been creeped out by clowns, so don't mind me. :lol:

Overall though, the newly freshened Electrical Parade looks and sounds fantastic!

sponono88

Original Poster
I was there tonight for the second showing. The crocodile looks great, although maybe a bit shorter than the previous one? But I guess that's because part of his body is submerged in the water. His head bobs around and his eyes are more animated. He also nods to Peter when he's asked if he likes codfish - I thought that was cute. For some reason I did not hear the Tick-Tock noise that the old one had.

The eels are really nice - they add some life into the long Ursula scene. I wish they'd add some kind of noise though.. they're too silent. Maybe some kind of evil chuckling?

The alternate Malificent ending is okay - that scene just isn't the same without the dragon. Right after Mickey kills her and the pyro shoots off she does a weird wriggle of death movement and she kind of bobs her head to the side. That was a bit weird to watch. Can't wait for the dragon to come back :)

And one more thing - in the previous version of Fantasmic, Mickey would run off the stage after killing the dragon to get out in time before the pyro shot off. Now he stays in place and the platform he is standing on lowers down under the stage. It looks like it is in the same spot where the Evil Queen's cauldron is located.

--
as for the crowds... they were insane. I nearly got squished to death.. It wasn't very fun but at least the show was great! The announcer came on and said the viewing areas for Fantasmic were full (something i had never heard before). I was expecting them to announce a third show but that didn't happen. People just fought their way through and took any spot they could squeeze into.

It looks like it will be a busy summer.

EPCOT Explorer

I was there tonight for the second showing. The crocodile looks great, although maybe a bit shorter than the previous one? But I guess that's because part of his body is submerged in the water. His head bobs around and his eyes are more animated. He also nods to Peter when he's asked if he likes codfish - I thought that was cute. For some reason I did not hear the Tick-Tock noise that the old one had.

The eels are really nice - they add some life into the long Ursula scene. I wish they'd add some kind of noise though.. they're too silent. Maybe some kind of evil chuckling?

The alternate Malificent ending is okay - that scene just isn't the same without the dragon. Right after Mickey kills her and the pyro shoots off she does a weird wriggle of death movement and she kind of bobs her head to the side. That was a bit weird to watch. Can't wait for the dragon to come back :)

And one more thing - in the previous version of Fantasmic, Mickey would run off the stage after killing the dragon to get out in time before the pyro shot off. Now he stays in place and the platform he is standing on lowers down under the stage. It looks like it is in the same spot where the Evil Queen's cauldron is located.

--
as for the crowds... they were insane. I nearly got squished to death.. It wasn't very fun but at least the show was great! The announcer came on and said the viewing areas for Fantasmic were full (something i had never heard before). I was expecting them to announce a third show but that didn't happen. People just fought their way through and took any spot they could squeeze into.

It looks like it will be a busy summer.

Sounds awesome!

Holding out for a vid until that Dragon pops up, though...:eek: I want ot be TOTALLY surprised.:D

Nicole220

Disney's Electrical Parade-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25TEZenHy3M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo5ZTTZNZjU

Im kinda bummed the Dumbo unit is no longer part of the parade at least he flys now in the fireworks, but overall the parade looks and sounds great! Im really loving the way it came back this time, usually DEP just returns but this time theres a reason to go and see it. Welcome back Pinocchio and Snow!

Heres hoping theres more upgrades in store for next year and same for this year with Christmas Fantasy.
I like the Tink float and the new (old) additions. LOVE the pixie dust effect. It's very well done!

Still do not like the music at all. I miss the old one. This one doesn't move me or give me goose bumps. :(

I'm gonna try and see this next week sometime.

What is kind of funny is that Dumbo unit always seemed the most out of place to me. Not Dumbo per se, but those kind of scary clowns who would do the cheesy juggling act on that float with the corny carnival music playing. It just seemed the most "un-Disney" to me.

But then, I am one of those nuts who have always been creeped out by clowns, so don't mind me. :lol:

Overall though, the newly freshened Electrical Parade looks and sounds fantastic!
Agreed, especially with the bolded. :lol:

Dumbo's float was always weird and creepy, especially Dumbo himself! *shudders*

sponono88

Original Poster
I like the Tink float and the new (old) additions. LOVE the pixie dust effect. It's very well done!

Still do not like the music at all. I miss the old one. This one doesn't move me or give me goose bumps. :(

I hated the music when I first heard it. Now it's starting to grow on me.. I love the old soundtrack and certainly miss it but I think part of that is the nostalgia kicking in. The new one isn't all that bad :) imo.

Also - here's a new video of the really cool Pixie Hollow enchantment! Such a neat addition to pixie hollow :D this video shows the jets of water that jump into the pond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHf25esiGPk

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed, especially with the bolded. :lol:

Awww...I love the music. Sounds more modern.:shrug:

TP2000

Oh, yeah, he would shake his ears! That was creepy. I LOVE the new Dumbo in the fireworks, but I won't miss him or his float in the Electrical Parade.

I found this short 20 second clip of the Flotsam and Jetsam floats going past in Fantasmic. It's a nice capture of how cool and scary they look! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoESb-DUyY

Nicole220

I think Flotsam and Jetsam would be better if they had some choreography and more movement. They go in a straight line and move their mouths and eyes. While they look great, their presentation isn't that impressive.

nemofinder22

^I havent seen it in person yet but I agree maybe even if each came from different sides of the river?

Also Summer Nightastic! might become a seasonal thing? not a bad idea hopefully it would mean more upgrades more offten-
Even though Nightastic had a less than stellar start this June, and it may be mid July until Fantasmic is fully operational with a completely programmed dragon, there's a good chance Nightastic may be part of our lingo for years to come. The concept didn't start out this way, but there's a movement now to turn Nightastic into a regularly branded seasonal offering, much like Halloweentime and the wildly popular Christmas season offerings
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al061609a.htm

EPCOT Explorer

I think Flotsam and Jetsam would be better if they had some choreography and more movement. They go in a straight line and move their mouths and eyes. While they look great, their presentation isn't that impressive.
Seeing the video, I felt the same way.
^I havent seen it in person yet but I agree maybe even if each came from different sides of the river?

Also Summer Nightastic! might become a seasonal thing? not a bad idea hopefully it would mean more upgrades more offten-

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al061609a.htm

That's good news, it's a cool promo. Surprised they don't charge for it ala WDW.:lookaroun:lol:

SirGoofy

Yeah, it will be year round.

I think the only reason for the Pixie Hollow "enchantment" was to allow the super money making location to stay open past sundown.

Well even if it was just for that, they really made it something special. It looks terrific, and should make TDO ashamed that they didn't go ahead and build their own Pixie Hollow.

nemofinder22

Well even if it was just for that, they really made it something special. It looks terrific, and should make TDO ashamed that they didn't go ahead and build their own Pixie Hollow.

I know what you mean I went to MK's shortly after it opened and I was like that it! its really just a photopass studio, featuring the fairies.

Anyone else see these really cool Mickey Balloons they sell now, there 12 bucks but they light up! what a great idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIHWdizh5Zg

Oh yea its not listed on Dl.com but last night and tonight there is an additional showing of Fantasmic! at 11:30. So thats 9:00, 10:30 and 11:30

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom