Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

EPCOT Explorer

There's a reason it's the Hollywood that never was, but to people like us always will be.

As a HUGE CINEMA LOVER, 30's Hollywood HAS to be magical. NOT historical. (History of Hollywood isn't really fun and entertaining...Changeling anyone?)

Besides, historically there is already LOADS of historical details, references, and stories told at the park if you have the time to look at them.

:lookaroun

I say, stay with the "Alternative Universe" 30's Hollywood and theme the crap out of it...even more.:D:lol: You are right, it is magical. And VERY nostalgic- something, I am sure you know, works on me.

Time, you say?:lookaroun Well, let's say you have brought the issue to my attention. ;) I think I am waiting for something, though.

SirGoofy

It us supposed to be like the cheesy roadside attaractions of route 66.

That doesn't mean it's not crap.

I see the meeting that started the Dinorama project:

Imagineer 1: So we need a concept for Animal Kingdom. A cheap one.

Imagineer 2: How cheap?

Imagineer 1: As cheap and incredibly tacky as you can think of. If you can insult Walt Disney with it as well, all the better.

Imagineer 2: I got it! A carnival! With games, another Dumbo spinner, and an off the shelf lightly themed wild mouse coaster!

Imagineer 1: You're brilliant! You get a promotion.

EPCOT Explorer

Imagineer 1: As cheap and incredibly tacky as you can think of. If you can insult Walt Disney with it as well, all the better.

Imagineer 2: I got it! A carnival! With games, another Dumbo spinner, and an off the shelf lightly themed wild mouse coaster!

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Horrible.

JWG

Hmm... replace Imagineer 1 with Disney Finance/Accounting and I thought this was the conversation for every decision related to WDW.

_Scar

Am I the only one who LOVE everything about DinoRama. The park is VERY serious and intense outside of Dinoland USA. Dinorama just is a FUN atmosphere. It doesn't seem that cheap and tacky and it is something for the kids. I love that wild mouse coaster!!!

Skip

Dino-Rama isn't flawed because it isn't themed as intended - it's themed quite well to its idea (a cheap, Route 66 dinosaur-carnival attraction), the problem is that the idea itself is flawed. It has the same problem as Paradise Pier - no matter how much they improve it, you're still gonna end up with a handful of carnival rides. As others have stated, Dino-Rama was clearly added for capacity purposes. I will cherish the day it is removed.

_Scar

Dino-Rama isn't flawed because it isn't themed as intended - it's themed quite well to its idea (a cheap, Route 66 dinosaur-carnival attraction), the problem is that the idea itself is flawed. It has the same problem as Paradise Pier - no matter how much they improve it, you're still gonna end up with a handful of carnival rides. As others have stated, Dino-Rama was clearly added for capacity purposes. I will cherish the day it is removed.

But PP is practically the main idea for the park. It is apart of the park's true identity. I totally agree PP and DR will never be stunning like EE or ToT themewise. But DL is a subland within a land. It doesn't make an imapact on you if you ignore it. If you ignore PP you are ignoring practically 1/3 of the whole park.

I LOVED the PW with my family. It was like riding teacups on a track.

Skip

But PP is practically the main idea for the park. It is apart of the park's true identity. I totally agree PP and DR will never be stunning like EE or ToT themewise. But DL is a subland within a land. It doesn't make an imapact on you if you ignore it. If you ignore PP you are ignoring practically 1/3 of the whole park.

I LOVED the PW with my family. It was like riding teacups on a track.

That's why Disney's California Adventure fails as a park. About 1/3rd of the park is crap. :rolleyes:

Did Primeval Whirl astound you with its elaborate theming or charm you with its nostalgic characters? Or was it just a painfully rough spinning wild mouse with horribly rusting cutout dinosaurs?

_Scar

That's why Disney's California Adventure fails as a park. About 1/3rd of the park is crap. :rolleyes:

Did Primeval Whirl astound you with its elaborate theming or charm you with its nostalgic characters? Or was it just a painfully rough spinning wild mouse with horribly rusting cutout dinosaurs?

It has GREAT themeing and the ride was very smooth. I don't know which ride vehicle you rode (see screamscape's newest post on HRRR), but the ride was VERY smooth. I loved it!

The Conundrum

Just read on www.superherohype.com that the first Marvel-Pixar project will be "Ant-Man". He is basically Marvel's version of "The Atom", a scientist who creates shrinking technology and a helmet to talk to ants. Usually his stories are pretty lighthearted though I wonder how they will deal with the fact that he beats up his wife.

Im also curious if he will still show up in the Paramount distrubuted "The Avengers" film since he is a staple charecter of that group.

jt04

Just read on www.superherohype.com that the first Marvel-Pixar project will be "Ant-Man". He is basically Marvel's version of "The Atom", a scientist who creates shrinking technology and a helmet to talk to ants. Usually his stories are pretty lighthearted though I wonder how they will deal with the fact that he beats up his wife.

Im also curious if he will still show up in the Paramount distrubuted "The Avengers" film since he is a staple charecter of that group.

Since it's supposed to be a rather tongue-n-cheek treatment, I think it's safe to say that aspect will be reimagined. By the way, I love the idea of some light hearted Mavel fare because I'm sure there will be some more serious treatments too.

Are you in LA yet?

The Conundrum

Since it's supposed to be a rather tongue-n-cheek treatment, I think it's safe to say that aspect will be reimagined. By the way, I love the idea of some light hearted Mavel fare because I'm sure there will be some more serious treatments too.

Are you in LA yet?

Nope im flying in friday. Im not sure how pratical it will be to carry a laptop with me all day but im thinking about doing a blog while im at the convention.

jonnyc

Dinorama is EXACTLY what it is supposed to be.

It is. But that isn't a good thing.

Basically it was a cheap ploy to add capacity. I'd say they'd need 1 or 2 more attractions before they could legitimize getting rid of it.

I think that is sadly the case, so i think it is going to be there for the forseeable future. Although on the up side, whilst someone is on Primevil Whirl they are not infront of me in the queue for EE.

It was literally painful the last time I was on it.

It made me ill last time I was on it, and I never get ill on any rides. It hadn't done this on previous trips, but it was really bad.

FigmentJedi

MARILWWOZ001_cov.jpg

Wouldn't it be nice if Disney actually considered doing an animated Oz film now and used the aesthetic from the Marvel Illustrated book?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom