Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

_Scar

and those are the people who are part of the problem with WDW.

and then people wonder why Disneyland brings attractions back fromom the grave, is bringing back hatbox ghost and retooling whole parks its because the "fans" make it so easy management to get away with stuff like dinorama.

lol apparently I'm the problem with WDW. who knew?

jakeman

Agreed. And all that cheap Dino stuff is like going out of your way to go in the opposite direction of what Walt wanted.
It's part of the story, which Walt was big on. Execution can be debated, but it does continue the story of Dinoland USA and the struggle between the Dino Institute and Chester and Hester's.

On the subject, I’m pretty sure if the rumor about Walt being frozen was true, and would be unfrozen, I’m sure he would vomit seeing most of his creations now dumped down with Disney characters….I would.
Yep, I definitely recall all the news stories of him dry-heaving as he built Sleep Beauty's Castle. Good thing that wasn't the centerpiece of the park...

Certainly has the SPIRIT of what he intended.:wave:
Say Epcot has the SPIRIT of Walt Disney is like saying On the Boarder has the spirit of Mexican culture. EPCOT Center/Epcot/Epcot 94 is not what Walt wanted, in spirit or in fact. I don't know why that is being disputed. The GIANT poster he made didn't have a little star by it that said, "Well, a futurey type theme park would be okay too."

EPCOT Explorer

Say Epcot has the SPIRIT of Walt Disney is like saying On the Boarder has the spirit of Mexican culture. EPCOT Center/Epcot/Epcot 94 is not what Walt wanted, in spirit or in fact. I don't know why that is being disputed. The GIANT poster he made didn't have a little star by it that said, "Well, a futurey type theme park would be okay too."

You wanna go over this AGAIN?:mad::lol:;)

You are right. Walt wanted a city. A city that be a showplace of new technology that would always introducing, testing new materials and new systems. One that would be a showcase to world and a living blueprint of the future.

Instead, he got a park that did that- EPCOT Center.

I fail to NOT see the sprit.:lol:

and those are the people who are part of the problem with WDW.

and then people wonder why Disneyland brings attractions back fromom the grave, is bringing back hatbox ghost and retooling whole parks its because the "fans" make it so easy management to get away with stuff like dinorama.
Agreed, DL fans are a lot more vocal and caring about their parks. WDW fans just sit back and let management do the talking for them. WDW would be a lot better if the fans were more vocal about it. Also tired of these idiots that just want Disney characters all over the parks. One of the main reasons attractions like Timekeeper and Alien Encounter closed and were replaced with Stitch and Monsters Inc, which are Disney affiliated.

The Conundrum

It's part of the story, which Walt was big on. Execution can be debated, but it does continue the story of Dinoland USA and the struggle between the Dino Institute and Chester and Hester's.

Walt wasn't that big on story in the way your thinking. There is actually a great article about it over at the Reimagineering blog.

lmao so true

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed, DL fans are a lot more vocal and caring about their parks. WDW fans just sit back and let management do the talking for them. WDW would be a lot better if the fans were more vocal about it. Also tired of these idiots that just want Disney characters all over the parks. One of the main reasons attractions like Timekeeper and Alien Encounter closed and were replaced with Stitch and Monsters Inc, which are Disney affiliated.

*wonders if it's possible to get more vocal*:lookaroun:lol:

EpcotServo

*wonders if it's possible to get more vocal*:lookaroun:lol:

I don't know how. I mean, I even carry this around when I go to Kingdom or Epcot...

picture.php

Wilt Dasney

You wanna go over this AGAIN?:mad::lol:;)

You are right. Walt wanted a city. A city that be a showplace of new technology that would always introducing, testing new materials and new systems. One that would be a showcase to world and a living blueprint of the future.

Instead, he got a park that did that- EPCOT Center.

I fail to NOT see the sprit.:lol:
Not to...ya know...get you all riled up or anything :lookaroun

but I think I see what jakeman means.

From what I've read, Magic Kingdom was the least interesting part of the Florida Project to Walt. It seems like he had "done" theme parks and only included one at WDW to get the authorities in Florida to let him develop the land the way he wanted.

It's impossible to say for sure, but my suspicion is he would have been deeply disappointed to see his idea for a City of Tomorrow be reduced to any kind of theme park, even an inspirational one like EPCOT Center. He wanted this thing to actually experiment with new technology and demonstrate its uses in people's daily lives. He wanted it to make a pragmatic difference in the world, not just be an inspirational expo.

That's not a knock on the park from me. I also suspect that Walt's EPCOT would have been a bridge too far and possibly a colossal failure. His untimely death might have been the only thing that ended up saving the idea.

EPCOT Explorer

Not to...ya know...get you all riled up or anything :lookaroun

but I think I see what jakeman means.

From what I've read, Magic Kingdom was the least interesting part of the Florida Project to Walt. It seems like he had "done" theme parks and only included one here to get the authorities in Florida to let them have the land.

It's impossible to say for sure, but my suspicion is he would have been deeply disappointed to see his idea for a City of Tomorrow be reduced to any kind of theme park, even an inspirational one like EPCOT Center. He wanted this thing to actually experiment with new technology and demonstrate its uses in people's daily lives. He wanted it to make a pragmatic difference in the world, not just be an inspirational expo.

That's not a knock on the park from me. I also suspect that Walt's EPCOT would have been a bridge too far and possibly a colossal failure. His untimely death might have been the only thing that ended up saving the idea.

I make it a point to NEVER get riled up. ;) It's Disney.:D

I honestly think that that is just opinion. (what isn't!? :lol:) He could be disappointed, yes...but, I'm thinking that if he lived to see that the plan was impossible and/or very risky to complete and instead got EPCOT Center, a park that EMBODIES those ideas, he would have been satisfied.

Is it me, or is that a hell of a run on sentance?:lookaroun

Either way, I like to think optimistically about it. Epcot was EPCOT Center, which mimicked the ideas of E.P.C.O.T. All kinda fits for me...

WDW Vacationer

I make it a point to NEVER get riled up. ;) It's Disney.:D

I honestly think that that is just opinion. (what isn't!? :lol:) He could be disappointed, yes...but, I'm thinking that if he lived to see that the plan was impossible and/or very risky to complete and instead got EPCOT Center, a park that EMBODIES those ideas, he would have been satisfied.

Either way, I like to think optimistically about it. Epcot was EPCOT Center, which mimicked the ideas of E.P.C.O.T. All kinda fits for me...
Nope,not just you!:lol:

JimboJones123

Anybody else see that Warners set up DC Studios to counter Disney Marvel???

Maybe we can finally see some good characters in movies.

Boston Brand, Jamie Reyes, Booster Gold, Star Sapphire, Guy Garner, Jason Blood, Dr. Fate, The Detective Chimp (always gold), Wally West, Ambush Bug. There is so much better material to work with than Catwoman with Hally Berry.

The Conundrum

Anybody else see that Warners set up DC Studios to counter Disney Marvel???

Maybe we can finally see some good characters in movies.

Boston Brand, Jamie Reyes, Booster Gold, Star Sapphire, Guy Garner, Jason Blood, Dr. Fate, The Detective Chimp (always gold), Wally West, Ambush Bug. There is so much better material to work with than Catwoman with Hally Berry.

I want a Justice League movie that features big guns like Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman as well as the 2nd string heroes like Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Red Tornado, Green Arrow, Zatanna, and the Atom.

JimboJones123

I do not know if budget would ever allow for the talent to be signed for JL, or if it would even translate. Once you do that, why go back to Batman or Superman stand alone? Timm found that out in the animated universe.

I still want the SuperMax movie with Green Arrow. Seeing all the great villians with just a powerless superhero makes me giddy.

jakeman

Walt wasn't that big on story in the way your thinking. There is actually a great article about it over at the Reimagineering blog.
Of course he wasn't. It's not like he invented a board to put stories on or anything.

I think I understand what you are saying that he didn't extend his storytelling to the theme parks, but that is something the Disney company has done and they are mantaining with Dinorama.

So Walt, who scrapped entire projects for the littlest detail, would be okay with EPCOT just "not working" and settling for a theme park loosely based on its concept?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom