Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

Dinoman96

Pan doesn't, but Buzz does.

One of the main reasons I get off it and say, "Lame.":lol:

I'm pretty sure Peter had some cardboard clouds in it. I even saw the strings.....

I'm surprised they haven't removed/improved Peter Pan yet. It's really outdated...try comparing this:

450px-Captain.JPG

...to this.

2554286816_de16e2d199.jpg

...yeah.

imagineer boy

Pan doesn't, but Buzz does.

One of the main reasons I get off it and say, "Lame.":lol:

While I do think Buzz is a decent ride, I have to say that when I went to Silver Dollar City which is nowhere near Disney quality but very good on its own and it had a similar ride which I though was ten times better than Buzz. Mainly because all the figures weren't cut outs and there was a reaction of some kind ever time you hit a target.

SirGoofy

I'm pretty sure Peter had some cardboard clouds in it. I even saw the strings.....

I'm surprised they haven't removed/improved Peter Pan yet. It's really outdated...try comparing this:

450px-Captain.JPG

...to this.

2554286816_de16e2d199.jpg

...yeah.

Sigh. ET is such a great ride, and Pan needs all the updates that DL has gotten to make it the ride it deserves to be.

I hope I get to see ET once more before they close it.

While I do think Buzz is a decent ride, I have to say that when I went to Silver Dollar City which is nowhere near Disney quality but very good on its own and it had a similar ride which I though was ten times better than Buzz. Mainly because all the figures weren't cut outs and there was a reaction of some kind ever time you hit a target.

Yup, Buzz is on the bottom of the list as far as shooting arcade style attractions go. Time for an update, or just a brand new ride there.

Dinoman96

From what I hear, ET is going to be in the Singapore park. So IF it closes here, it will atleast still exist somewhere in the world.

SirGoofy

Unless it's confirmed, I doubt it'll happen.

They've closed all the other ET's and the only reason Orlando's is still around is because of Speilberg. Now that he's out I doubt there will be another one.

EpcotServo

Notes.

1. Universal 360 is a great show.

2. Peter Pan maybe lackluster, but E.T. has the most disturbing scenes ever built for an attraction, so let's just call that a draw.

3. I should hit SirGoofy over the head for that 20K remark because 20,000 Leagues was and still is better than even the world famous Jungle Cruise AND Little Mermaid will be. But I also love those too, and I'm in a good mood, so I'll be cool about it and let it slide for now...
:lookaroun :wave:

SirGoofy

Notes.

1. Universal 360 is a great show.

Agreed

2. Peter Pan maybe lackluster, but E.T. has the most disturbing scenes ever built for an attraction, so let's just call that a draw.

Disturbing? Enlighten me, I haven't been on it in ages.

3. I should hit SirGoofy over the head for that 20K remark because 20,000 Leagues was and still is better than even the world famous Jungle Cruise AND Little Mermaid will be. But I also love those too, and I'm in a good mood, so I'll be cool about it and let it slide for now...
:lookaroun :wave:

:lol:

I'll let that slide as well.

EpcotServo

Disturbing? Enlighten me, I haven't been on it in ages.

The queue and ride system is cool.

The end however features disturbing creatures from the ID, who's conjured appearance strikes fear and dread into the hearts of grown men. Terrible Creatures who visages haunt me enough to dare seek pictures of the horrors which besiege E.T.'s Planet.

*Creepy Gnarled tree with an old man's face, several claws, tentacles, a vomiting mouth and a tumor which looks like a child protruding from the side turns around and looks straight at me*

horror: WEEEELLLLLCOME HOMMMMEEE: YOU'RE IN HECKKKKKK

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*Fires pistol wildly at the beast*

EPCOT Explorer

I'd prefer that DHS is simply named "Walt Disney Studios" or perhaps just "Disney Studios Florida." The "Hollywood" part in the title is completely unnecessary IMO.
It could go either way. Either take the Holiwood theme and RUN with it, or drop it.

Honestly, I would not mind if they ran with it...:D:lookaroun
At least WDW keeps some of their classic attractions . Universal Studios just butchers whatever they have left from their golden age.
Along with EPCOT....:rolleyes::(
Skip pretty much covered everything I'm gonna say, but what the heck.

*Cracks knuckles*

Opinion. I think 360 is an AWESOME show.

M:S is a superb ride as well. Test Track maybe not, but M:S is awesome.

Again, opinion. I thought 20K was incredibly lame, and is overrated to this day. I miss the aesthetic value more than the actual attraction, but it was not closed for Pooh. The ride had been closed for a good 12 years before pooh ever came there. And now, guess what!? We're going to get an e-ticket on the plot.

These were mistakes.

Simpsons is a suitable replacement for BTF.

And it got a suitable replacement. That's probably more popular than Toad ever was.

Butchering is a matter of opinion. But guess what? The parks aren't supposed to be museums. If 20K was still around today people would get off the ride and say "Lame. Because it was. People would get off Toad and say, "Why is the ride filled with cardboard cut outs?"

Things change, Walt wanted it that way.

Hopefully.:lookaroun

But I agree with the rest of this post, save for 20K. I loved that.:eek:

EpcotServo

It could go either way. Either take the Holiwood theme and RUN with it, or drop it.

I told you before, Hollywood as a Theme is terrible. It'd basically mean Adult Stores and Night clubs. You can't base a theme park on Hollywood alone. (Look at how well one about all of California did. :lookaroun)

the magic of Hollywood+the magic of Studios= Setting to the Theme of taking center stage= Great Park

(Unless you add gripey Disney fans, the formula is perfect.)

imagineer boy

I told you before, Hollywood as a Theme is terrible. It'd basically mean Adult Stores and Night clubs.

And insane maniacs dressed as movie characters roaming the walk of fame.:lol:

the magic of Hollywood+the magic of Studios= Setting to the Theme of taking center stage= Great Park

Well said!:sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

I told you before, Hollywood as a Theme is terrible. It'd basically mean Adult Stores and Night clubs. You can't base a theme park on Hollywood alone. (Look at how well one about all of California did. :lookaroun)

I suppose. I just wish it felt more 1930's in some areas of the park.:shrug: I know the main part of it is, but still...

You are going to blow me off, and laugh, but I think that Hat is the cause of all my negative feeling...:lookaroun:lol:

Studios Fan

The Conundrum

The queue and ride system is cool.

The end however features disturbing creatures from the ID, who's conjured appearance strikes fear and dread into the hearts of grown men. Terrible Creatures who visages haunt me enough to dare seek pictures of the horrors which besiege E.T.'s Planet.

*Creepy Gnarled tree with an old man's face, several claws, tentacles, a vomiting mouth and a tumor which looks like a child protruding from the side turns around and looks straight at me*

horror: WEEEELLLLLCOME HOMMMMEEE: YOU'RE IN HECKKKKKK

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*Fires pistol wildly at the beast*

:lol::ROFLOL::lol:

I love when Universal/Spielberg try to imitate Disney and instead of being cute/adorable its dark/horrifying. I really love the creature designs for E.T.'s homeworld though. I'd be horrified to meet the man who designed them though (must have been on heavy drugs or an alien abductee)

SirGoofy

Is this seriously going to happen then?

I mean it hasn't been announced or anything, but they've closed down all the other ones, and there's no doubt in my mind they'll close Orlando's.

I mean, the only reason it was around was because of Spielberg, and he'll be long gone soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom