Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

jakeman

Apologies if this has been posted:

636820540_E5wzE-L.jpg

RSoxNo1

I think Primeval Whirl is the problem. The lightly themed, exposed steel wild mouse is tough to swallow in a park that is otherwise the best themed park in the country.

The reason why the ride is painful is because of the restraints, it's a poor design for that type of coaster as it comes over the shoulder and almost forces you to raise your arms.

I've said on a few occasions that the ride can be "fixed" by enclosing it and using blacklight paint on the cutouts. Now, my preference would be to level the entire area, but if it's going to be there for another 15 years, they might as well make some marginal improvements.

sknydave

If Dinorama were in a Universal park, it would be the first thing people on this forum would point to when trying to prove that Universal is second rate. But, since it's in AK, it's perfectly themed and wonderfully nostalgic!

WDW Vacationer

If Dinorama were in a Universal park, it would be the first thing people on this forum would point to when trying to prove that Universal is second rate. But, since it's in AK, it's perfectly themed and wonderfully nostalgic!
No...it is perfectly themed to what it is supposed to be!:brick:

Universal is second rate.:lookaroun

FigmentJedi

Exactly. Dinorama's all about the couple that runs the gas station trying to cash in on the Dino Institute's increasing tourism. It fits well into that storyline. Doesn't stop it from being hated by so many people though.

SirGoofy

Exactly. Dinorama's all about the couple that runs the gas station trying to cash in on the Dino Institute's increasing tourism. It fits well into that storyline. Doesn't stop it from being hated by so many people though.

You're right, it's themed exactly to its story. But that doesn't mean that the story wasn't a cheap, tacky, easy fix for capacity. It's everything Walt didn't want in the parks, and there it is.

It's cheap. There's no getting around that.

marsrunner

I'm not nuts about Dinorama. I get the idea, I just think its very cheesy. There's no reason they couldn't have done an idealized version of a side of the road place. They didn't make Frontierland authentic, either. Its an idealized version of the old west. It would have been better to either do nothing with the space or at least do a Disney-fied version of it.
That said, I enjoy Primeval Whirl, though not as much as Mulholland Madness at DCA. Its much less painful and pretty fun for a wild mouse coaster.

WDW Vacationer

I'm not nuts about Dinorama. I get the idea, I just think its very cheesy. There's no reason they couldn't have done an idealized version of a side of the road place. They didn't make Frontierland authentic, either. Its an idealized version of the old west. It would have been better to either do nothing with the space or at least do a Disney-fied version of it.
That said, I enjoy Primeval Whirl, though not as much as Mulholland Madness at DCA. Its much less painful and pretty fun for a wild mouse coaster.
:confused:

FigmentJedi

You're right, it's themed exactly to its story. But that doesn't mean that the story wasn't a cheap, tacky, easy fix for capacity. It's everything Walt didn't want in the parks, and there it is.

It's cheap. There's no getting around that.

And it kept us from getting the much better idea that was that old fashioned wooden coaster through the Boneyard.

imagineer boy

I kinda have mixed feelings on Dinorama. I really like the shop (wonderful themeing there), and Dinorama does actually have some good details like its made to look like it was built over an existing parking lot, and Primeval Whirl is a lot of fun. But it is indeed a cheap fix, and I have no idea why the execs at the time thought it would raise attendance at AK.

_Scar

PW is very well themed... it's about going back in time... And isn't PW and MM painfully close in track layout? I think it might even be the same track layout as they were both built at the same time!

If you guys can't handle a roadside attraction, then go to Asia or Africa where the themeing is to die for.

The Conundrum

I think it would have been better to bring over the REAL Dinosaur Diorama from Disneyland even though a few of the scenes ended up remixed in UOE. Much better than carnival tack.

SirGoofy

I guess you can't stand Epcot?

:rolleyes:

How is Epcot an affront? Because it's not a city?

I firmly believe Walt would have loved Epcot. It's a great park, and it gets the job done. I also firmly believe Walt himself would have realized his city idea was impossible.

But making something in one of his parks the complete opposite of what he wanted, that's just wrong.

_Scar

:rolleyes:

How is Epcot an affront? Because it's not a city?

I firmly believe Walt would have loved Epcot. It's a great park, and it gets the job done. I also firmly believe Walt himself would have realized his city idea was impossible.

But making something in one of his parks the complete opposite of what he wanted, that's just wrong.

How do you know that is what he wanted or likes? How do you know he wouldn't love Dinoland USA? The man was all about telling a great story and making something amazing with great detail. To me, Dinorama has great detail so I could firmly believe Walt would love that, but I won't as I don't feel I should decide what a man who is dead would like or dislike.

The fact is, Walt believed Epcot was very possible. If he saw Epcot today he would not realize that was the Epcot he originally made. Simple as that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom