Disney to buy Marvel Entertainment

EvanAnderson

People here are saying "it's really easy to retheme Doom, Hulk and Storm". Spideman would be a bigggggggg pain in the rear to retheme that entire ride. The ride would have to have another story, another queue line theming, new projected images, new sets, new effects, new ride audio, new safety video, new safety audio, new TM wardrobe, everything.

Anywho, Hulk would have to change out the giant sign out front, the queue building is a pretty generic laboratory so that can stay, but the safety videos and safety announcements would all have to be changed. The ride vehicles aren't Hulk specific, they can stay, neither are the TM's wardrobe.

Storm would have to change the sign out front, and maybe the Pods if the circle with an X through it is considered Storm's official logo, I don't know. Also the queue audio would have to be changed as it does say Storm Force Acceletron in it. The TM Wardrobe would have to to be changed too.

Doom actually would take a lot of retheming. (I worked there for 2 years). The facade out front would have to be taken down. The entire queue would have to be gutted, as there are Latverian references all over, signs showing the Doombot code of ethics, and Doom Corp. equipment. The Doombots would all have to be taken out, and the 30 minute video played in the gallery would have to be removed. The queue audio would have to be different, the ride audio would have to be different, and the doors onto the ride would have to be different, as you're basically looking at Doom's face. The safety announcements would have to be changed, and the TM wardrobe would have to be changed as well. It's 2nd in the list of move heavy retheming, behind Spiderman.

This is so greedy of Disney. They're not happy with being the most succesful company in Florida, so they have to go and buy out another piece of a park. Next thing you know, they'll buy B&M (a roller coaster company) and now Universal, Seaworld and Busch Gardens will all owe Disney money.

_Scar

People here are saying "it's really easy to retheme Doom, Hulk and Storm". Spideman would be a bigggggggg pain in the rear to retheme that entire ride. The ride would have to have another story, another queue line theming, new projected images, new sets, new effects, new ride audio, new safety video, new safety audio, new TM wardrobe, everything.

Anywho, Hulk would have to change out the giant sign out front, the queue building is a pretty generic laboratory so that can stay, but the safety videos and safety announcements would all have to be changed. The ride vehicles aren't Hulk specific, they can stay, neither are the TM's wardrobe.

Storm would have to change the sign out front, and maybe the Pods if the circle with an X through it is considered Storm's official logo, I don't know. Also the queue audio would have to be changed as it does say Storm Force Acceletron in it. The TM Wardrobe would have to to be changed too.

Doom actually would take a lot of retheming. (I worked there for 2 years). The facade out front would have to be taken down. The entire queue would have to be gutted, as there are Latverian references all over, signs showing the Doombot code of ethics, and Doom Corp. equipment. The Doombots would all have to be taken out, and the 30 minute video played in the gallery would have to be removed. The queue audio would have to be different, the ride audio would have to be different, and the doors onto the ride would have to be different, as you're basically looking at Doom's face. The safety announcements would have to be changed, and the TM wardrobe would have to be changed as well. It's 2nd in the list of move heavy retheming, behind Spiderman.

This is so greedy of Disney. They're not happy with being the most succesful company in Florida, so they have to go and buy out another piece of a park. Next thing you know, they'll buy B&M (a roller coaster company) and now Universal, Seaworld and Busch Gardens will all owe Disney money.

If Disney buys Marvel, I'm sure Uni has the contracts to protect MSI.

WDWmazprty

And you don't think if Uni was in the position Disney was in,they wouldnt do the same thing? Come on, it's all business. It's all about the money. It has nothing to do with being greedy. There's a reason Disney has been on top for so long; no matter what the reason is.

SirGoofy

Please, as most people have claimed, Superhero Island apparently won't be going anywhere.

Besides, Marvel was apparently being looked at by a ton of other companies, but because Disney got them, they're "greedy".

:rolleyes:

Captain Chaos

Bitter are ya??? How would you feel if Universal purchased Marvel instead of Disney??? You know, Universal fanboys are just as sad as hard core Disney fanboys....

WDWFREAK53

Greedy...or smart?

The Conundrum

You guys know that Barack Obama is actually a charecter in the Marvel Universe now? How will this affect Hall of Presidents???

011509_spiderman_obama.jpg

MKeeler

Second Great Idea of the Day that I want to see right now -
A hand-drawn animated feature based on and in the style of Marvel's Wizard of Oz adaptation by Eric Shanower and Skottie Young.

WDWmazprty

And you don't think if Uni was in the position Disney was in,they wouldnt do the same thing? Come on, it's all business. It's all about the money. It has nothing to do with being greedy. There's a reason Disney has been on top for so long; no matter what the reason is.

Please, as most people have claimed, Superhero Island apparently won't be going anywhere.

Besides, Marvel was apparently being looked at by a ton of other companies, but because Disney got them, they're "greedy".

:rolleyes:

Bitter are ya??? How would you feel if Universal purchased Marvel instead of Disney??? You know, Universal fanboys are just as sad as hard core Disney fanboys....

Greedy...or smart?

Thank you. My point exactly.

DisneyMusician2

Agreed!

Look, people need to get past the parks division. I know we are all here because of it, but the company is SO MUCH bigger than that.

The merchandising alone is a major source of revenue, and economically this is a good move for the company.

IF the characters hit the parks, great. If not, this deal may give the company more investment capital in the long run.

Captain Chaos

If Disney buys Marvel, I'm sure Uni has the contracts to protect MSI.

Iger mentioned "short term contracts".. how long is short term, who knows? But they eventually run out... Does Disney make is impossible for Universal to renew??? Are there loopholes that can get Disney/Marvel out of the contract?? No one here knows for sure, so all people can do is speculate... I am sure Disney did their homework on this... They know the story... They know the legality of things...

WDWmazprty

Agreed!

Look, people need to get past the parks division. I know we are all here because of it, but the company is SO MUCH bigger than that.

The merchandising alone is a major source of revenue, and economically this is a good move for the company.

IF the characters hit the parks, great. If not, this deal may give the company more investment capital in the long run.

So.... are you agreeing with me?:lookaroun

jt04

They are much more extreme. But you make a great point. Can you imagine what would be said if Uni aquired Pixar. Just look at the reaction when Uni got potter. It all comes around sooner or later.

Disney + Marvel = :xmas:

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBound
T I think they have the money haha
Im sure some were attacking 74 for making such comments, and Disneys failure to improve things at WDW.

Looks like he may have been correct, whod have thuncked it.

A lot more folks than you might think!:)

And to add some more info, I was just told that Universal owns the theme park rights to the Marvel characters in perpetuity in FLA ... but NOT in California. Meaning you'd see a third theme park (I'll bet you anything it isn't but ...) in Anaheim with the characters or an attraction at DCA but NOT anything at WDW.

Apparently, UNI has the same deal in Japan meaning no Marvel for OLC.

I'm trying to find out about China because obviously that would be HUGE for Disney with two resorts and all those people.

But what that means is that Disney will have NO RIGHTS TO USE MARVEL CHARCTERS IN ATTRACTIONS IN FLORIDA THEME PARKS under the terms of the agreement. UNI WILL.

From a film standpoint, it is much as I am sure others have said here ... Disney may make royalties, but Sony/Paramount/Fox etc will be making the big bucks, until new films kick in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom