Disney Diet Buddies...

echovictor

My week has been complete chaos and unfortunately I haven’t had time to post my Monday morning weigh in until now. Given the good results you would think I would have found time! Weighed in at 154.2 lbs. - down 3 lbs for the week:D! This exercise thing y’all keep talking about actually works:animwink:. Who would have guessed it.

Seriously, week 2 of my diet usually is the hardest but it was much easier this time around. I know it is because I’m exercising. Still walking everyday with co-workers at lunch and I was able to get in 3 yoga classes last week. I’m filling in with yoga at home on the other nights. I’ve been struggling to find time to get my exercise in this week with so much going on at work and home but somehow I have managed. Diet continues to go well so I’m please.

Now for the reality check: Easter Day. I’ve accepted the fact that I will not likely show much weight loss next Monday due to my consumption of non-diet food on Easter. I’ve tried to “bank” points this week (you WW people will know what I mean) so that the impact won’t be too bad. And I’ll likely weigh myself on Sun morning just to see the progress for the week before the feast. I’ll have lots of veggies and fruit to snack on in hopes that will keep me from over indulging. But there will be cake (you know my weakness for that!) and lots of chocolate (which I gave up for Lent) so I’m not fooling myself.

Wish I had more time to spend on this thread and respond to all of the posts. As always, I’m so impressed with everyone’s progress. Keep up the good work!

Ariel484

My week has been complete chaos and unfortunately I haven’t had time to post my Monday morning weigh in until now. Given the good results you would think I would have found time! Weighed in at 154.2 lbs. - down 3 lbs for the week:D! This exercise thing y’all keep talking about actually works:animwink:. Who would have guessed it.

Seriously, week 2 of my diet usually is the hardest but it was much easier this time around. I know it is because I’m exercising. Still walking everyday with co-workers at lunch and I was able to get in 3 yoga classes last week. I’m filling in with yoga at home on the other nights. I’ve been struggling to find time to get my exercise in this week with so much going on at work and home but somehow I have managed. Diet continues to go well so I’m please.

Now for the reality check: Easter Day. I’ve accepted the fact that I will not likely show much weight loss next Monday due to my consumption of non-diet food on Easter. I’ve tried to “bank” points this week (you WW people will know what I mean) so that the impact won’t be too bad. And I’ll likely weigh myself on Sun morning just to see the progress for the week before the feast. I’ll have lots of veggies and fruit to snack on in hopes that will keep me from over indulging. But there will be cake (you know my weakness for that!) and lots of chocolate (which I gave up for Lent) so I’m not fooling myself.

Wish I had more time to spend on this thread and respond to all of the posts. As always, I’m so impressed with everyone’s progress. Keep up the good work!

Woohoo! That is awesome! :sohappy:

I had my weigh-in today and was hoping to just maintain...I gave in to my ridiculous sweet tooth and ate some super-delicious stuff this week (custard, cheesecake, cake, mousse, Easter candy...wow, I'm about to drool over here!). But I lost 0.6 pounds! Hooray! :sohappy:

Have a great weekend, everyone! :wave:

diddy_mouse

I usually do my weigh-in Thursday or Friday morning so all of the damage that I did the previous weekend is out of my body. I know, not the best way to look at it. Definitely weigh yourself in the morning after you potty. That will give you the most accurate weight.

Thank you!

I did my weigh-ins on Fridays in the past but have found I like Mondays much better. Why? It forces me to be more accountable over weekends. I'm less likely to be bad if I know I have a weigh-in to face.

I'm with Rachel...my at-work WW meetings are on Thursday mornings and I like it that way. It sort of allows me to relax over the weekend without going nuts and then I can get my butt back into gear at the beginning of the week. That's probably not the best way to think of it, but it works for me. :D

Thanks for the tips, ladies! I think I'll definitely go with either a Thursday or Friday. My workout days lately have been Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri so that should work out just fine.

[cue fanfare] I fiiiiiiiiiinally got myself back onto a treadmill today. :sohappy: Sadly it's been a year since I tackled it and, not gonna lie, it wasn't easy. I started out at a pretty good pace, running first then cut down to walking. Managed to put in a mile and a half in 22min. Not my best pace ever (15min) but a pretty decent start considering I was mostly walking. I think I'll make this a regular thing in between my EA Active workouts.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You can totally get worked into running! It's so much easier for me with the guidance from the app. Just this morning I contemplated whether to move forward to the next day in the schedule or redo Monday's. I asked the boys what they thought. I struggled with the final 9 minutes previously so staring down a full 20 minutes running was a bit scary. I didn't want to set myself up to fail. The boys both said, "Go for it! You'll make it!" And I did! I was so proud!!!! 20 whole minutes of running and I'm not dead. WooHOOOO!!! :sohappy:

Definitely gonna try the kickboxing. **confession** I've always wanted to do like full-on boxing. I know. Craziness. I just think being in a ring facing an opponent and physically boxing would be such a killer outlet for me. Seriously!

20 minutes of running is quite an achievement! And I LOL'd at the thought of you pounding the bejeezus out of somebody in a boxing ring. Killer outlet for sure!!! I can totally relate...:lookaroun

Meaning... I'm past what I was pre-Disney! So, all the vacation weight I gained is FINALLY gone. And, better yet, I can see it in my hips. The way my pants are fitting, as well as my shirts are sitting, I can see just a small difference. But it's a difference and I'll take it!

Hooray! Good for you! :sohappy:

I usually do my weigh-in Thursday or Friday morning so all of the damage that I did the previous weekend is out of my body. I know, not the best way to look at it. Definitely weigh yourself in the morning after you potty. That will give you the most accurate weight.

I like that thinking...I have a bad habit of hopping on the scale practically every morning on the way into the shower, and that's just not necessary.

I did my weigh-ins on Fridays in the past but have found I like Mondays much better. Why? It forces me to be more accountable over weekends. I'm less likely to be bad if I know I have a weigh-in to face.

Dang! I have to admire that discipline, even as I lean more towards Rachel's "damage from the previous weekend is gone". You are one tough chick!!

Honestly, tho, running itself blows. It's a constant battle to maintain the breathing. It's painful. I don't enjoy the running so much as I do how I feel after. The running is the means to feeling good. If I didn't get the reward after I'd never run. Lol!

Having just completed Day 1, Workout 1, I absolutely, totally agree with you on this. I thought I was gonna die before the halfway point. But at the end of it, I felt pretty good.

And you can totally be ready for the half in January. I think it just comes down to making the commitment to stick to some kind of training plan. When I started running I used Couch-to-5K (probably similar to the app Kelly is using) and then used a Jeff Galloway plan that was posted on runDisney.com to train for my first half, the 2011 Princess Half Marathon. Knowing that I signed up to run the race kept me motivated and I finished the half without dying, so I'd consider that a success.

I agree, having signed up for a race is motivation in itself. I'll see how I do with this 5K next month, then wait til closer to the June 19 registration deadline. If I do the January trip, it would be by myself, more than likely.

Maybe you can shoot for the Tower of Terror 10-miler at some point...that would require less training than a half would. Disney has 5Ks too, as I'm sure you know, but I almost feel like if you're going to do one of these things it's worth it to go for one that's going to last longer than ~30 minutes.

When I run, I'm by myself 99% of the time...sometimes I wish I had a running buddy but at least this way I go at my own pace and don't feel like I'm holding anyone back.

I always thought I would need a running buddy, but finding a fellow beginner hasn't been easy. After my first C25K workout this evening, I discovered that running alone is not so bad.

Yay for your weight loss!! Y'know, sometimes you just have to let the holidays be--you seem to have a really good attitude about it (accepting that it is what it is, and having banked points), and you have a good plan.

So, as mentioned, I've started my "couch to 5K" journey. I can't say it was really fun, but I didn't keel over and I did feel good at the end of it. Because I started so late in the week, I'll be doing three days in a row. You guys are fabulous support!!

Have a Happy Easter, everyone!!! (or Passover, as the case may be)

popsicletrees

I weighed myself Thursday like I said that I would, and I was down another pound for the week. It has been a really long time since I've had consistent weight loss like this. I'm incredibly excited about it, but what I love most is that I'm feeling really confident right now. With that being said, tomorrow is Easter and I have a big southern family that likes to find any occasion to get together and eat. Here's looking forward to a big workout on Monday! Seriously though, I know that some people would not think that it is worth it after the progress that I have made, but I'm not going to deprive myself when I have been doing so very well lately. I will even try not to feel guilty about any of it. It is one meal for one day.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Well, I started insanity on Monday. I've been sore since Monday night. :lol: Just when you think you're in pretty good shape you start a new workout and the pain begins all over again. :lol:

enchanted_belle

Started a new training program officially, and have been kicking major ___ on it so far. :)

But I'm not touching that scale until next weekend... I'm trying to give myself a whole week to recover from Easter weekend! We had a triple date on Saturday night at the Melting Pot... sooo, four hours of delicious fondue one night, followed by a holiday dinner the next? Yeah, I ate more in 2 days than I do on a vacation in Disney. It was bad. So I'm giving myself some extra room to get that out of my system (it didn't sit well with the stomach, let me tell you), and just working through my running training until the halfway mark of the month.

plaz10

Honestly, tho, running itself blows. It's a constant battle to maintain the breathing. It's painful. I don't enjoy the running so much as I do how I feel after. The running is the means to feeling good. If I didn't get the reward after I'd never run. Lol!

The only part I like about running:

When I'm done with it. :lol:

popsicletrees

Well, I started insanity on Monday. I've been sore since Monday night. :lol: Just when you think you're in pretty good shape you start a new workout and the pain begins all over again. :lol:

By far the hardest thing that I've ever done. Just to warn you, the recovery workout was my absolute least favorite. It should really be renamed "hold low squats and stretches until you think you are about to die" workout.

sweetpee_1993

By far the hardest thing that I've ever done. Just to warn you, the recovery workout was my absolute least favorite. It should really be renamed "hold low squats and stretches until you think you are about to die" workout.

Good Lord! I don't think I'll whine about running anymore. :lol:

We went camping for Easter weekend. I cooked ahead and did very good while we were there. I even went for a run with hills and cool scenery! WooHOOO!

I weighed in on Monday. Down another 2 lbs. I was hoping for better but I also know the hormones are ramping up again so I'm pushing on. Over the past month I lost a total of 6 lbs. & 6 inches. That feels good. Time is growing short, tho. We leave on our cruise in just 4 weeks now. I really gotta buckle down & work harder!

Ooooh...speaking of working harder! This morning's run was run 20, walk 3, run 5. I'm still in total amazement I can run for 20 minutes straight. I've never been able to go that long. Another week or so and I will be up to a full 30 minutes. That's the best I've ever done. Ever. In my whole life! The old bod may not look as pretty as it used to but it can dang-sure go the distance. I imagine the rest will all follow as long as I keep it up, huh?

Last night was Deadliest Catch premier night. That's my family's favorite show! I order pizza for all the guys and ate my cheesy baked potato like a good girl. I remember why I stopped buying the Mint Truffle Skinny Cow bars, tho. Yeah, they're only 100 calories a piece....but that's no good when you eat 3 at a whack! They're so addictive!!! :slurp:

diddy_mouse

I weighed in on Monday. Down another 2 lbs. I was hoping for better but I also know the hormones are ramping up again so I'm pushing on. Over the past month I lost a total of 6 lbs. & 6 inches. That feels good. Time is growing short, tho. We leave on our cruise in just 4 weeks now. I really gotta buckle down & work harder!

Ooooh...speaking of working harder! This morning's run was run 20, walk 3, run 5. I'm still in total amazement I can run for 20 minutes straight. I've never been able to go that long. Another week or so and I will be up to a full 30 minutes. That's the best I've ever done. Ever. In my whole life! The old bod may not look as pretty as it used to but it can dang-sure go the distance. I imagine the rest will all follow as long as I keep it up, huh?

Last night was Deadliest Catch premier night. That's my family's favorite show! I order pizza for all the guys and ate my cheesy baked potato like a good girl. I remember why I stopped buying the Mint Truffle Skinny Cow bars, tho. Yeah, they're only 100 calories a piece....but that's no good when you eat 3 at a whack! They're so addictive!!! :slurp:

Your progress is awesome, Kelly! I definitely admire you for running 20min straight. :sohappy: You'll totally get to 30min before you know it and then there's no stopping you!!

I did my weigh in today and I'm 2lbs less than I was a week ago. I know some of that was due to water weight (yay hormones) and a not-so-great diet. But I've taken strides to change what I'm eating. The biggest hurdle I have is cutting down on the soda. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've got a slight soda addiction and I refuse to drink diet drinks. I have tried the Pepsi Next and it does taste as close to Pepsi as one can get so at least that's an option. My plan is to think of soda as an indulgence, it's okay on occasion just not every. single. day. See why this is my biggest challenge?

Oh, I also officially registered for my first 5K!!! I'm running in the Race for the Cure this June in DC. I still have time to train and I'm definitely set on running the majority of the race. I'm both excited and nervous but really looking forward to it.

Ariel484

I weighed myself Thursday like I said that I would, and I was down another pound for the week. It has been a really long time since I've had consistent weight loss like this. I'm incredibly excited about it, but what I love most is that I'm feeling really confident right now. With that being said, tomorrow is Easter and I have a big southern family that likes to find any occasion to get together and eat. Here's looking forward to a big workout on Monday! Seriously though, I know that some people would not think that it is worth it after the progress that I have made, but I'm not going to deprive myself when I have been doing so very well lately. I will even try not to feel guilty about any of it. It is one meal for one day.

That's awesome!! Great job! :sohappy:

Well, I started insanity on Monday. I've been sore since Monday night. Just when you think you're in pretty good shape you start a new workout and the pain begins all over again.

:lol: Have you recovered yet?

Started a new training program officially, and have been kicking major ___ on it so far. :)

But I'm not touching that scale until next weekend... I'm trying to give myself a whole week to recover from Easter weekend! We had a triple date on Saturday night at the Melting Pot... sooo, four hours of delicious fondue one night, followed by a holiday dinner the next? Yeah, I ate more in 2 days than I do on a vacation in Disney. It was bad. So I'm giving myself some extra room to get that out of my system (it didn't sit well with the stomach, let me tell you), and just working through my running training until the halfway mark of the month.

Yay for a new training plan!

And OMG Melting Pot... *drools* :slurp: It's SO easy to eat a ton of food there since everything is in small pieces.

Good Lord! I don't think I'll whine about running anymore.

We went camping for Easter weekend. I cooked ahead and did very good while we were there. I even went for a run with hills and cool scenery! WooHOOO!

Last night was Deadliest Catch premier night. That's my family's favorite show! I order pizza for all the guys and ate my cheesy baked potato like a good girl. I remember why I stopped buying the Mint Truffle Skinny Cow bars, tho. Yeah, they're only 100 calories a piece....but that's no good when you eat 3 at a whack! They're so addictive!!!

Woohoo!! You're having a helluva week!! :sohappy: So jealous that you will be cruising in 4 weeks...:)

I did my weigh in today and I'm 2lbs less than I was a week ago. I know some of that was due to water weight (yay hormones) and a not-so-great diet. But I've taken strides to change what I'm eating. The biggest hurdle I have is cutting down on the soda. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've got a slight soda addiction and I refuse to drink diet drinks. I have tried the Pepsi Next and it does taste as close to Pepsi as one can get so at least that's an option. My plan is to think of soda as an indulgence, it's okay on occasion just not every. single. day. See why this is my biggest challenge?

Oh, I also officially registered for my first 5K!!! I'm running in the Race for the Cure this June in DC. I still have time to train and I'm definitely set on running the majority of the race. I'm both excited and nervous but really looking forward to it.

Erin, I'm totally addicted to soda (well...we call it pop here) too. It completely makes me believe that urban legend that Coke is actually spiked with...well, coke. :lol: I was hoping I would give it up and magically see a ton of weight drop off, but no dice.

And yay for registering for your first 5k! :sohappy: You will love the race environment...everyone is so positive and encouraging. Good luck with your training!

So I had my weigh-in this morning...gained 0.2 pounds, which I'm actually okay with. My husband's birthday was March 25, and mine was last Wednesday. The result was we had 4 different kinds of cake last week, and I had some cake almost every evening. :slurp: What can I say...it was my birthday week and I wanted it! :lol: So considering that, and the fact that we went out to an awesome birthday dinner on Saturday + Easter dinner on Sunday, I think I got off lucky this week. Back to it starting tomorrow!

sweetpee_1993

((instead of multi-quoting because, yes, I'm lazy))

Thanks, y'all! :kiss:

Soda drinkers! I do not want to come of preachy or anything. I don't drink sodas because they instantly swell me up. I think it's the sodium content. Maybe the carbonation. I freakin' looooove soda! Really! But I don't drink it because it makes such a profound difference. I want to mention, tho, about my old man's journey with the soda addiction. His whole family were the most insane Dr. Pepper addicts I'd ever seen in my life when we got married. His Mom, his siblings, and he never drank anything but Dr. Pepper. Well, except maybe a hot chocolate when they weren't feeling good. Or milk with a piece of cake. How I'm a zombie in the morning until I get my single cup of coffee these people were like the walking dead until they had their first DP fix. Anywhoo, my MiL found out a few years ago that she's a diabetic. All that DP prob'ly didn't help that at all. Tracey has had high blood pressure and prostate problems that came on about 4 years ago. Cutting down on sodas to only 1 or 2 each day took him from 2 blood pressure meds/daily to just 1. When he eliminated all caffeine the the prostate problems disappeared. The point is that the caffeine, sugar, and sodium in sodas is insane. You don't have to totally do without but definitely moderate at the very least. Give yourself just 1 or 2 sodas a day if you're going to. It's amazing the differences in your overall health when you eliminate that one thing. You may not have health issues to worry with now but you're virtually assured that you will especially if you're big soda drinkers.

I always let my boys drink whatever sodas they wanted to. When I was a kid we only had a soda on special occasions. We never had it in the house because it was expensive. As a result, I tend to let the boys have whatever they want because I never had the option of having the things I most wanted to eat & drink when I was a kid. I hated that so much. The result? Took the boys for full check-ups w/blood work early this year. My 16 year old was almost in the borderline diabetic range. My 14 year old is so drastically underweight he's not even in the "too thin" category. We've ALL had to change the way we look at what we put into our bodies, including the kids. That's driven a lot of my push to change our diets overall. Both adapted to the changes quickly. They drink Gatorade or water with maybe 1 soda a day. Brian has to drink a Boost daily and both have to take vitamins. Both switched to having a morning cup of coffee with me, tho. I'll give 'em that. We sweeten with Splenda and add milk. There's some nutritional value, I guess. HeeHee!

And, yes, I'm still guilty of my 1 cup of coffee each day. My mom's family (& I) can drink coffee around the clock. It's our thing. I can't have all that caffeine, tho. It makes my fibrocysts in my excrutiating. It tears my stomach up after awhile. I already struggle with insomnia so caffeine after 2:00 in the afternoon cannot happen or I'm doomed. :rolleyes:

Definitely keep the mantra "Everything in Moderation" near-n-dear to your heart. Your body will thank you for it. Again, don't wanna come off preachy but this is all stuff we didn't really consider in our younger years that we have since learned about. I wish we'd known. We might've taken better care of ourselves.... (('specially my old man...health & life insurance is veeeeery expensive for medicated high blood pressure patients))

Kerby626

Kelly. Tracey and his Dr Pepper is something I will always remember. I have cut the sodas out as well and down to just one cup of coffee and Starbucks once or twice a month. even then I am limiting myself to a grane size in a venti filled with extra ice. It amazed me when I sat down and looked at how much calories was in my beverages. I am now drinking a gallon of water a day and only treat myself every now and then.

sweetpee_1993

^^^
I hear ya, girl! I've cut waaaay back on my Starbucks visits, too. Their app is really awesome for calculating nutritional values. I admit, tho, part of the reason I will sometimes opt to pass by without stopping is the sheer happiness in opening my account on my phone & seeing a pretty balance waiting for me to spend. I know, I'm strange. :hammer: I should go look to see the calories on the iced passion tea. That's a refreshing alternative that doesn't require milk. :slurp:

Tracey is down to just 1 or 2 caffeine-free sodas per day. He won't go for caff free diet yet. His dad has done it, tho. After prostate cancer it wasn't hard for his dad to switch. I love how tickled Dad gets nowadays. He's so diet-conscious and delights in the fact he weighs less than all 3 of his sons.

Add lemon to your water! I read that if you add lemon to the recommended water intake you'll burn at least 100 calories a day from it. That's more than 1/2 my breakfast. Love vanilla Greek yogurt! Yummmmmm!!!!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

Wow, you weren't kidding! Those pulses just about killed me! I don't think recovery is a good name for that workout. :lol:

:lol: Have you recovered yet?

I did the recovery workout yesterday and it was HARD, but I am feeling much less sore and lossened up today. I don't anticipate a full recovery though for another 60 days or so. :lol:

Just finished my five mile run, now its time for some insanity Pure Cardio. Lord help me. :lol:

sweetpee_1993

Oh! Got up at 5:30-ish today to hit the pavement before the mean old sunshine could kill me. Today's run? 26 minutes w/5 minute warm-up & cool-down. Went a total of 2.89 miles with an average run time of 11:39. App says I burned 342 calories. I'm a slow runner, I know. The best part was breakfast with my Hunny before he had to go to work & Brian rode his bike with me for the run. Yaaaayy!!!

Stepped on scale early. Was wearing my light running clothes. I made Tracey read the scale, too: 171! That's down another 3 from Monday, I think!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom