Disney Diet Buddies...

Ariel484

((instead of multi-quoting because, yes, I'm lazy))

Thanks, y'all! :kiss:

Soda drinkers! I do not want to come of preachy or anything. I don't drink sodas because they instantly swell me up. I think it's the sodium content. Maybe the carbonation. I freakin' looooove soda! Really! But I don't drink it because it makes such a profound difference. I want to mention, tho, about my old man's journey with the soda addiction. His whole family were the most insane Dr. Pepper addicts I'd ever seen in my life when we got married. His Mom, his siblings, and he never drank anything but Dr. Pepper. Well, except maybe a hot chocolate when they weren't feeling good. Or milk with a piece of cake. How I'm a zombie in the morning until I get my single cup of coffee these people were like the walking dead until they had their first DP fix. Anywhoo, my MiL found out a few years ago that she's a diabetic. All that DP prob'ly didn't help that at all. Tracey has had high blood pressure and prostate problems that came on about 4 years ago. Cutting down on sodas to only 1 or 2 each day took him from 2 blood pressure meds/daily to just 1. When he eliminated all caffeine the the prostate problems disappeared. The point is that the caffeine, sugar, and sodium in sodas is insane. You don't have to totally do without but definitely moderate at the very least. Give yourself just 1 or 2 sodas a day if you're going to. It's amazing the differences in your overall health when you eliminate that one thing. You may not have health issues to worry with now but you're virtually assured that you will especially if you're big soda drinkers.

I always let my boys drink whatever sodas they wanted to. When I was a kid we only had a soda on special occasions. We never had it in the house because it was expensive. As a result, I tend to let the boys have whatever they want because I never had the option of having the things I most wanted to eat & drink when I was a kid. I hated that so much. The result? Took the boys for full check-ups w/blood work early this year. My 16 year old was almost in the borderline diabetic range. My 14 year old is so drastically underweight he's not even in the "too thin" category. We've ALL had to change the way we look at what we put into our bodies, including the kids. That's driven a lot of my push to change our diets overall. Both adapted to the changes quickly. They drink Gatorade or water with maybe 1 soda a day. Brian has to drink a Boost daily and both have to take vitamins. Both switched to having a morning cup of coffee with me, tho. I'll give 'em that. We sweeten with Splenda and add milk. There's some nutritional value, I guess. HeeHee!

And, yes, I'm still guilty of my 1 cup of coffee each day. My mom's family (& I) can drink coffee around the clock. It's our thing. I can't have all that caffeine, tho. It makes my fibrocysts in my excrutiating. It tears my stomach up after awhile. I already struggle with insomnia so caffeine after 2:00 in the afternoon cannot happen or I'm doomed. :rolleyes:

Definitely keep the mantra "Everything in Moderation" near-n-dear to your heart. Your body will thank you for it. Again, don't wanna come off preachy but this is all stuff we didn't really consider in our younger years that we have since learned about. I wish we'd known. We might've taken better care of ourselves.... (('specially my old man...health & life insurance is veeeeery expensive for medicated high blood pressure patients))

Oops! Should have clarified that at the height of my "addiction" I was having 1-2 cans per day. I've cut way back now and will have one can/20 oz bottle once every few weeks as a treat. I'm with you on the coffee kick though...I've switched to skinny lattes at Starbucks (I think now THAT is my true addiction) and try to drink decaf more often than not, or skip the coffee all together. That's crazy what it was doing to Tracy and the boys though...I'm glad everyone's getting better though!

I did the recovery workout yesterday and it was HARD, but I am feeling much less sore and lossened up today. I don't anticipate a full recovery though for another 60 days or so. :lol:

Just finished my five mile run, now its time for some insanity Pure Cardio. Lord help me. :lol:

You're making me feel lazy! Whenever I ran I just slob it up on the couch for the rest of the day :eek:

Oh! Got up at 5:30-ish today to hit the pavement before the mean old sunshine could kill me. Today's run? 26 minutes w/5 minute warm-up & cool-down. Went a total of 2.89 miles with an average run time of 11:39. App says I burned 342 calories. I'm a slow runner, I know. The best part was breakfast with my Hunny before he had to go to work & Brian rode his bike with me for the run. Yaaaayy!!!

Stepped on scale early. Was wearing my light running clothes. I made Tracey read the scale, too: 171! That's down another 3 from Monday, I think!

Way to go!!! :sohappy: That sounds like a great run! And woohoo for your weigh-in! :sohappy:

diddy_mouse

Erin, I'm totally addicted to soda (well...we call it pop here) too. It completely makes me believe that urban legend that Coke is actually spiked with...well, coke. :lol: I was hoping I would give it up and magically see a ton of weight drop off, but no dice.

And yay for registering for your first 5k! :sohappy: You will love the race environment...everyone is so positive and encouraging. Good luck with your training!

Ha! I forgot about that urban legend. I've heard mixed things about cutting our soda and dropping pounds. For some people it really worked, others not so much. I suppose it depends on the person. :shrug:

Thanks for the encouragement on the 5k!

Definitely keep the mantra "Everything in Moderation" near-n-dear to your heart. Your body will thank you for it. Again, don't wanna come off preachy but this is all stuff we didn't really consider in our younger years that we have since learned about. I wish we'd known. We might've taken better care of ourselves....

I completely agree with you here. Oh and Dr. Pepper is definitely one of my FAVORITES. Recently I went waaaaay too fast through a 12 pack of them and felt terrible afterwards. Needless to say that binge is what made me realize I drink a little too much soda and need to cut back.

Just finished my five mile run, now its time for some insanity Pure Cardio. Lord help me. :lol:

:eek: Whew! That hurts me just reading that. :lol:

Kerby626

^^^
I hear ya, girl! I've cut waaaay back on my Starbucks visits, too. Their app is really awesome for calculating nutritional values. I admit, tho, part of the reason I will sometimes opt to pass by without stopping is the sheer happiness in opening my account on my phone & seeing a pretty balance waiting for me to spend. I know, I'm strange. :hammer: I should go look to see the calories on the iced passion tea. That's a refreshing alternative that doesn't require milk. :slurp:

Tracey is down to just 1 or 2 caffeine-free sodas per day. He won't go for caff free diet yet. His dad has done it, tho. After prostate cancer it wasn't hard for his dad to switch. I love how tickled Dad gets nowadays. He's so diet-conscious and delights in the fact he weighs less than all 3 of his sons.

Add lemon to your water! I read that if you add lemon to the recommended water intake you'll burn at least 100 calories a day from it. That's more than 1/2 my breakfast. Love vanilla Greek yogurt! Yummmmmm!!!!

A trick I learned a few months ago. Take a lemon cut it up in quarters and put it in a muffin tin with water. Freeze them( if you cut smaller you can use a mini muffin tin too) Once frozen pop them out and keep them in a bag in the freeze add to your water as you go and as the ice melts the water becomes flavored. You can do it with all different fruit.

I made this the other night since I was out of dressing for my salad. I thought what the hell if it sucks I am only out a couple of bucks. Let me tell ya it really is way better than bottle dressing.
http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/2012/03/little-something-for-your-time.html

so not diet friendly but i know you get my love for it
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/04/tiramisu-french-toast/

sweetpee_1993

I made this the other night since I was out of dressing for my salad. I thought what the hell if it sucks I am only out a couple of bucks. Let me tell ya it really is way better than bottle dressing.

so not diet friendly but i know you get my love for it
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/04/tiramisu-french-toast/

Haven't even looked at the French toast recipe but that ranch recipe looks genius! I'm so into Greek yogurt right now for the protein boost. We go thru a ton of Hidden Valley light ranch around here. Tracey & I snack on veggies constantly. I just bought what Chandler called the 'Big Daddy' bottle at Walmart. It was almost $6!!!:eek: When I eat it, tho, it's in the back of my mind that I'm defeating the purpose of the veggies with that dressing even if the label says "light". This recipe is a Godsend! I'm telling you, you are the shiznit when it comes to finding recipes and cooking creativity!!!! I thank God for bringing you and my cousin together. Major atta-boy for Sean (formerly known as Hyper Man, of course). You know, looking back, I bet he actually was a normal little kid. I bet he was that maniacly twitchy from the Pepsi. See?!?! The evils of soda again!!!!

The lemon cubes I think I could do but I'd be pouring warm water on them to make them melt faster. Me and my patient self! :lol: I'm hooked on lemon-y water these days. Always from my awesome venti SBux cold tumbler that the sweetest person ever hooked me up with. :animwink:

Oh! And the venti passion tea with 7 Splendas is 120 calories. I guess there's just no way of of having your fix be guiltless unless you're gonna drink coffee straight black but how much fun is that??? I'll save my card balance.

popsicletrees

Wow, you weren't kidding! Those pulses just about killed me! I don't think recovery is a good name for that workout. :lol:

I did the recovery workout yesterday and it was HARD, but I am feeling much less sore and lossened up today. I don't anticipate a full recovery though for another 60 days or so. :lol:

The one for the next phase is just miserable. However, all of the other workouts were pretty good and a doable step up from the first month. They are just much longer. I will say that the workout from the week between the two phases was a favorite of mine.

What did you think of Pure Cardio? I actually liked that workout because you put the time in without breaks and when you are finished, you are finished no quick breaks just to prolong the torture.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
The one for the next phase is just miserable. However, all of the other workouts were pretty good and a doable step up from the first month. They are just much longer. I will say that the workout from the week between the two phases was a favorite of mine.

What did you think of Pure Cardio? I actually liked that workout because you put the time in without breaks and when you are finished, you are finished no quick breaks just to prolong the torture.

Pure Cardio has been my favorite so far for exactly that reason. When you're done you're done.

I'm liking insanity so far, the workouts do go by pretty quickly and after doing the plyo workout for a second time I had an increased calorie burn. I'm glad its only 60 days though, I'm already missing my P90X 2 conditioning workouts. I may have to try to find some time to fit a few of those in over the next 60 days.

popsicletrees

Pure Cardio has been my favorite so far for exactly that reason. When you're done you're done.

I'm liking insanity so far, the workouts do go by pretty quickly and after doing the plyo workout for a second time I had an increased calorie burn. I'm glad its only 60 days though, I'm already missing my P90X 2 conditioning workouts. I may have to try to find some time to fit a few of those in over the next 60 days.

I think P90X2 conditioning workouts would go along great with the Insanity program. One of my biggest complaints about Insanity was that I lost muscle mass, especially in my back. My legs shaped up quite nicely, but I really noticed that when I finished Insanity and went back to programs with weight lifting that I was not where I left off.

Kerby626

Haven't even looked at the French toast recipe but that ranch recipe looks genius! I'm so into Greek yogurt right now for the protein boost. We go thru a ton of Hidden Valley light ranch around here. Tracey & I snack on veggies constantly. I just bought what Chandler called the 'Big Daddy' bottle at Walmart. It was almost $6!!!:eek: When I eat it, tho, it's in the back of my mind that I'm defeating the purpose of the veggies with that dressing even if the label says "light". This recipe is a Godsend! I'm telling you, you are the shiznit when it comes to finding recipes and cooking creativity!!!! I thank God for bringing you and my cousin together. Major atta-boy for Sean (formerly known as Hyper Man, of course). You know, looking back, I bet he actually was a normal little kid. I bet he was that maniacly twitchy from the Pepsi. See?!?! The evils of soda again!!!!

The lemon cubes I think I could do but I'd be pouring warm water on them to make them melt faster. Me and my patient self! :lol: I'm hooked on lemon-y water these days. Always from my awesome venti SBux cold tumbler that the sweetest person ever hooked me up with. :animwink:

Oh! And the venti passion tea with 7 Splendas is 120 calories. I guess there's just no way of of having your fix be guiltless unless you're gonna drink coffee straight black but how much fun is that??? I'll save my card balance.

I'm telling you try it. You can even use less milk than what It calls for. I mixed the yogurt and mix together and jsut thinned it with milk till I got to the consistency that I liked. You can even use Almond milk if you want.

I have never had the passion ice tea from starbucks I will have to try it.

sweetpee_1993

I just read this article and thought, "Wow! Now that's extreme!"

http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html

But then I asked myself, if money wasn't a factor (because, let's face it, I don't exactly have a couple thou laying around without any other use) would I do something like this? Right about now, yes. I have like 3 weeks until the cruise and still not fitting into more than a couple pairs of my shorts. Desperation is creeping in. Do I think it's a good long-term solution for weight loss? Not at all. I don't think the loss would be sustained for very long. It's like a brief patch-job, really.

Reminds me of when I was a teenager and the movie 'Flatliners' came out. Everyone watched it then afterwards questioned each other: "Would you do it?"

It's crazy, sometimes, when you think of the lengths people will go to to lose weight. Me included. Bottom line, tho, of all the things I've ever done to shed pounds eating properly, controlling portions, and regular exercise has been the most effective way to get weight off and keep it off.

I dunno. Maybe it's not meant for me to hit my "ideal" before the cruise. Maybe this is a challenge that life is throwing at me to not go buck-wild with gorging myself and drinking my drinky-drinks like an underage hooligan. Maybe I'm supposed to drag my butt out of bed each morning to put in some work, eat right, and further learn to be adaptable in making better choices.

Still have to weigh & get a shot today. Trying to hold off until Brian finishes his school work so I can take him to the Army Surplus store while in Beaumont like I promised. Will check back in later, catch up on posts, and bring the update for the week.

plaz10

It's crazy, sometimes, when you think of the lengths people will go to to lose weight. Me included. Bottom line, tho, of all the things I've ever done to shed pounds eating properly, controlling portions, and regular exercise has been the most effective way to get weight off and keep it off.

I dunno. Maybe it's not meant for me to hit my "ideal" before the cruise. Maybe this is a challenge that life is throwing at me to not go buck-wild with gorging myself and drinking my drinky-drinks like an underage hooligan. Maybe I'm supposed to drag my butt out of bed each morning to put in some work, eat right, and further learn to be adaptable in making better choices.

Still have to weigh & get a shot today. Trying to hold off until Brian finishes his school work so I can take him to the Army Surplus store while in Beaumont like I promised. Will check back in later, catch up on posts, and bring the update for the week.

Try not to think about the weight as much as it is - you're trying. You're eating healthier and working out more. It might not be as healthy or as often as is ideal...but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing. So if you do gorge a day or go a day or 2 without any exercise - it happens. In fact - I haven't ran since last Tuesday. So everyone has days it doesnt happen. But you're not out there eating 1/2 dozen donuts for breakfast and washing it down with a 2 liter of pop. And you've still got 3 weeks! You can do this!!!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Well today was my first day with my Insanity/P90x 2 hybrid. I skipped my recovery workout and did a 5 mile run, P90X 2 total body and ab ripper. Tomorrow will be my first day with both an Insanity and X2 workout- wish me luck! I'm gonna need it! :lol:

I don't know who the first person was to mention the skinny taste blog but I want to thank you! I discounted it at first due to its name, I thought it was probably something along the lines of the Hungry Girl (who uses lots of processed and packaged foods in her "recipes"). I was so surprised to see sophisticated, fresh and healthy recipes. I've made a few already and we are totally hooked! Thanks!!! :D

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I just read this article and thought, "Wow! Now that's extreme!"

http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html

But then I asked myself, if money wasn't a factor (because, let's face it, I don't exactly have a couple thou laying around without any other use) would I do something like this? Right about now, yes. I have like 3 weeks until the cruise and still not fitting into more than a couple pairs of my shorts. Desperation is creeping in. Do I think it's a good long-term solution for weight loss? Not at all. I don't think the loss would be sustained for very long. It's like a brief patch-job, really.

Reminds me of when I was a teenager and the movie 'Flatliners' came out. Everyone watched it then afterwards questioned each other: "Would you do it?"

Holy carp on that link!! :eek: (if that thing could go aaahh--OOH-gah on the eyeballs, it would be the right effect)

Kelly, you're right, eating properly and exercising is the way to lose weight. I figure that I'm about ten years older than you, and I'm sorry to tell you, the older you get, the easier it is to gain and the harder it is to take it off. It's just Mother Nature, girl. The benefit is, if you do eat right and work hard, you can feel healthier and stronger than you did ten years ago, and I'm damned if that isn't a good feeling. You gave me a boost a bunch of posts ago about running being hard, so I'm going to try to repay that--keep it up. Work hard. Keep doing those QuickFix DVDs!!! When you realize that you are in "good form" as they say in UK/Ireland, and that you achieved that through your own hard work and determination, that's got value.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Well today was my first day with my Insanity/P90x 2 hybrid. I skipped my recovery workout and did a 5 mile run, P90X 2 total body and ab ripper. Tomorrow will be my first day with both an Insanity and X2 workout- wish me luck! I'm gonna need it! :lol:

I don't know who the first person was to mention the skinny taste blog but I want to thank you! I discounted it at first due to its name, I thought it was probably something along the lines of the Hungry Girl (who uses lots of processed and packaged foods in her "recipes"). I was so surprised to see sophisticated, fresh and healthy recipes. I've made a few already and we are totally hooked! Thanks!!! :D

While I have to second what you wrote about the skinny taste blog, I just have to say (even after the aspirational words I just wrote to Kelly)--just reading about your workouts wear me out!!! I do enjoy working out, but where do you find the time??? (I'm not putting you on the spot there, don't expect an answer, just expressing awe, and maybe a little dismay at my own paltry efforts) :wave:

sweetpee_1993

You're making me feel lazy! Whenever I ran I just slob it up on the couch for the rest of the day

This is so me. I go for a long run, come home, and it's like I totally fall out. Spent. It's nuts. I need to not let myself do that. Cool down? Yes. Completly vegetate? No!

I completely agree with you here. Oh and Dr. Pepper is definitely one of my FAVORITES. Recently I went waaaaay too fast through a 12 pack of them and felt terrible afterwards. Needless to say that binge is what made me realize I drink a little too much soda and need to cut back.

I've never been hooked on the DP but my family sure has been in the past. That's some powerful stuff! When we went to Canada (not Epcot-Canada :lol:) the hubby tried to order a DP with dinner in a restaurant. The waitress said they didn't have DP but they had root beer. :eek: First of all, he was shocked at the no DP. But to suggest root beer as if it's an alternative or comparable on any level was just :hammer:. LOL!

For those who haven't tried this ranch recipe I highly recommend it. I made it yesterday. It took 2 minutes to whip up and tasted really good!

Weigh in day for me... Down to 178.5! I never EVER thought I'd see the 170s again, I haven't been here since high school. :sohappy:

Congrats!!! :sohappy:

Try not to think about the weight as much as it is - you're trying. You're eating healthier and working out more. It might not be as healthy or as often as is ideal...but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing. So if you do gorge a day or go a day or 2 without any exercise - it happens. In fact - I haven't ran since last Tuesday. So everyone has days it doesnt happen. But you're not out there eating 1/2 dozen donuts for breakfast and washing it down with a 2 liter of pop. And you've still got 3 weeks! You can do this!!!

Awww...thank you. I appreciate it lots. ((hugs))

I don't know who the first person was to mention the skinny taste blog but I want to thank you! I discounted it at first due to its name, I thought it was probably something along the lines of the Hungry Girl (who uses lots of processed and packaged foods in her "recipes"). I was so surprised to see sophisticated, fresh and healthy recipes. I've made a few already and we are totally hooked! Thanks!!!

Kerby626 sent me the website url. That's my cousin's wife. :D She's a good cook; very creative in the kitchen. Not sure if she gave me the url here or via text. Either way, that's where I got it and have used lots of recipes there as well. At first I thought I wouldn't like cooking with all the fresh ingredients with all the prep work. I really don't like to cook. I've found the finished dishes to be great and love when I can make something healthy that the family actually enjoys, too. Definitely love that website!

Kelly, you're right, eating properly and exercising is the way to lose weight. I figure that I'm about ten years older than you, and I'm sorry to tell you, the older you get, the easier it is to gain and the harder it is to take it off. It's just Mother Nature, girl. The benefit is, if you do eat right and work hard, you can feel healthier and stronger than you did ten years ago, and I'm damned if that isn't a good feeling. You gave me a boost a bunch of posts ago about running being hard, so I'm going to try to repay that--keep it up. Work hard. Keep doing those QuickFix DVDs!!! When you realize that you are in "good form" as they say in UK/Ireland, and that you achieved that through your own hard work and determination, that's got value.

Awwwww...thanks so much! You really picked up my spirits tonight. And motivated me. I've been distracted all day and resolved myself to skipping QuickFix. But ya know what, the day isn't over is it? I ain't singing so the fat lady ain't callin' it a day yet. Tracey's in Houston for the night so I'm not going to keep anyone awake if I do aerobics at 9:30. Right? Plus, it'll be the perfect way to wear my last bits of energy on out so I'll sleep and get up early for my next run. Thanks for the boost. Seriously. I needed it. :kiss:

So my weight on Monday was 173.8 which is 2 more lbs. than what my scale says. :mad: I'm not sure what's up with the old bod. May be TMI but I really think it's playing a part in why the weight is lingering.....the usual visit from the Hormone Fairy is well overdo. Don't go thinking "Oooh! Baby!" Uh, no. Not happening. I took my old dog down and had him neutered years back because we are completely finished. Maybe it's the new, healthy diet. Maybe it's the diet pills messin' with me (which has never happened before). Maybe my screwy hormone routine is back after behaving for 10 years. Could be stress. I've been waiting for something to happen for well over a week anticipating the big drop in weight because that's usually when I get the big kick with a significant drop in pounds. And I'm still waiting.... Frustrating!!!! Grrrr!!!!! :mad: Never thought I'd wish for the Hormone Fairy to come bless me. :lol:

popsicletrees

So my weight on Monday was 173.8 which is 2 more lbs. than what my scale says. :mad: I'm not sure what's up with the old bod. May be TMI but I really think it's playing a part in why the weight is lingering.....the usual visit from the Hormone Fairy is well overdo. Don't go thinking "Oooh! Baby!" Uh, no. Not happening. I took my old dog down and had him neutered years back because we are completely finished. Maybe it's the new, healthy diet. Maybe it's the diet pills messin' with me (which has never happened before). Maybe my screwy hormone routine is back after behaving for 10 years. Could be stress. I've been waiting for something to happen for well over a week anticipating the big drop in weight because that's usually when I get the big kick with a significant drop in pounds. And I'm still waiting.... Frustrating!!!! Grrrr!!!!! :mad: Never thought I'd wish for the Hormone Fairy to come bless me. :lol:

Keep going and don't get discouraged! I honestly think that weight loss in smaller increments is healthier overall and much more easier to manage in the long run. I know that you mention running, but do you do any light weight training? After I initially lost 15 lbs 4 years ago I hit a serious plateau and weight training helped me drop another 10 lbs without blinking an eye. I only lift with 5-8 lb hand weights and sometimes with 10 lb weights. I love it, and I love seeing my body tone up in the process.

sweetpee_1993

Keep going and don't get discouraged! I honestly think that weight loss in smaller increments is healthier overall and much more easier to manage in the long run. I know that you mention running, but do you do any light weight training? After I initially lost 15 lbs 4 years ago I hit a serious plateau and weight training helped me drop another 10 lbs without blinking an eye. I only lift with 5-8 lb hand weights and sometimes with 10 lb weights. I love it, and I love seeing my body tone up in the process.

I don't lift weights nowadays. I was toootally into free-weights in college. :D While doing the QuickFix routine I use 5 lb. hand-weights which is quite challenging for me at this point. Crazy. I used to do the exact same workout with 10 lb. weights several years back. It's only a 10 minute routine but it's lots of repetitive motions utilizing the arms & legs at the same time. Believe me, 5 minutes in and I'm huffin' & puffin'. When we get moved over to Houston hopefully soon after we get back from the cruise we'll get into an apartment complex with a nice gym. That'll be a nice little perk for me. It's weird. My plateau since I initially lost the big weight 12 years ago has always been 168. I've gone above then lost back down probably 4 or 5 times in 12 years. 168 has consistantly been where I always stall and have to push to overcome. Is it possible the body has changed the plateau point?

Another reason I'm thinking my hormones are kicking my butt right now is the fact that I can't wear myself out. Not sleeping good at all. That's something I always experience for a few days while the hormones peak. Except I've been in the not-sleeping pattern for at least a week now. Eeeek! I wanna sleep like normal people!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom