Disney Diet Buddies...

enchanted_belle

I've been kinda scared to get on my scale recently, even though I've done so once in the past week already (and was down another 1.2). I feel like the number it shows isn't matching what I'm doing gym/food wise, so I've been avoiding it as much as possible since Disney last month.

It's so annoying feeling this way, especially since I know my stamina and endurance in the gym are getting a lot stronger.

sweetpee_1993

I've been kinda scared to get on my scale recently, even though I've done so once in the past week already (and was down another 1.2). I feel like the number it shows isn't matching what I'm doing gym/food wise, so I've been avoiding it as much as possible since Disney last month.

It's so annoying feeling this way, especially since I know my stamina and endurance in the gym are getting a lot stronger.

Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat! Seriously! The scale can be so deceiving because it doesn't discern that for you. All your hard work is building muscle and your body will be working more burning more to feed the muscle. Building muscle is the best thing you can be doing even if the scale doesn't tell you that. The measurements & BMI are much better numbers to watch. Hang in there and don't let the scale alone discourage you. Your body may just be in another of those transitions in ratios: fat to muscle. You know?

enchanted_belle

Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat! Seriously! The scale can be so deceiving because it doesn't discern that for you. All your hard work is building muscle and your body will be working more burning more to feed the muscle. Building muscle is the best thing you can be doing even if the scale doesn't tell you that. The measurements & BMI are much better numbers to watch. Hang in there and don't let the scale alone discourage you. Your body may just be in another of those transitions in ratios: fat to muscle. You know?

Definitely agree. My workout/diet buddy here at home was telling me at the gym yesterday that she has decided she's only going on the scale twice a month because it's starting to discourage her a lot... I think I'm going to do the same thing as she's doing and just work on writing everything down with workouts, keeping my measurements, etc. I need to find a new groove to get into, my routine has been hitting funks since vacation :lol:

Ariel484

Just finished my cardio for the day. Finally got around to getting some hand weights and I went with the 8lbs. My arm strength is there but it definitely needs some help and I don't want to overdo it. Slight setback, I managed to hyperextend my left elbow. I think I might have done it sleeping, or lifting something wrong at work because it's been bothering me all week All I know is that I had to be real careful while I was doing some heel drops this evening.

Bummer, Erin. Is it feeling any better?

I weighed myself this morning, and I was down 1.5 lbs. I was really glad to see that, especially considering that my exercise habits were not that great this week. However, my appetite was significantly lower than it has been for awhile.

Awesome!! Way to go, Rachel! :sohappy:

I’m baaaackkk. Hard to believe that I haven’t posted on these boards since before my Nov. trip to WDW. Life has gotten incredibly busy the last couple of months and has made reading and posting almost impossible. I have tried to keep up with this thread as much as possible though. It is a great reminder that I need to get back on track.

So not only have I not shown those last 7 lbs who is boss, 5.8 more came and joined them. I did great maintaining through the fall. Even managed to lose 2 lbs on our Disney trip (no free dining). Then came Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all the half-price chocolate after Valentine’s Day. I’m finally ready to start my weight loss regime again. The real kicker was trying to get into my shorts this weekend. Let’s just say winter white, fat flesh isn’t attractive!

Once again, I’m going to use y’all as my “weigh in” group. I saved a lot of money last time around using this group as my accountability instead of going to my WW meetings. And as before, I’d much rather put that money into my Disney fund than into WWs.

So…officially weighed in at 157.8 this morning. I’ll check back in next Monday (or sooner with progress if I have time.)

Thanks in advance for the motivation!

Welcome! :sohappy:

Welcome back, echovictor!

Yay for everyone's continued progress!

This morning was officially the middle mark on Ease into 5k. They hit me with a full 6 minute run interval which really had me worried considering the longest up to this point has been just 3 minutes. Not only did I survive, I did just fine! I was amazed!

The icing on my cake for today (I know, bad pun!) was my weigh-in. Down 3 lbs. to 176! I'm so psyched! Finally my body is getting the momentum!

Good job on those 6-minute intervals, Kelly! And woohoo for a 3-pound weight loss! That's awesome! :sohappy:

It's wonderful inspiration to read everyone's progress. I am maintaining and continuing my 7 day a week yoga practice. It has gotten difficult now that I am teaching so now I have to set more time aside. That is not a complaint, just a fact. Sometimes I wish there were just a few more hours in the day!

Don't we all... :lol: :cry:

I think your idea of getting on the scale twice a month is a good one. I totally can relate to your frustrations. :(

Speaking of...I've been hiding in shame this week. :eek: Last week I had my first weight gain since starting WW. It wasn't even that much (+0.2 pounds) but it still sucked. I can't say that I was completely surprised though...I think I was getting a little cocky and not being as careful as I should have. Workouts have been fine...as usual, it's all about what I eat. :mad: So I've been trying really hard to stick to better habits this week, and hopefully it will pay off.

diddy_mouse

Bummer, Erin. Is it feeling any better?

It does feel better but I'm still careful with it, just to be on the safe side. Injuring joints is never fun. That's why I'm careful with my knees too.

For me everything has plateaued at the moment. My weight has stayed the same, which I'm happy with but the inches have kinda stalled. I'm trying to switch up my exercises to work more on my muscle tone. I'm still very, very pleased with how things are coming along. :D It's a great feeling when you put on clothes you haven't worn in a bunch of months and they fit amazingly! Having warmer weather sneak up earlier this year is definitely helping my motivation. I can't wait to buy new summer clothes, especially for my Disney trip. :sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

Definitely agree. My workout/diet buddy here at home was telling me at the gym yesterday that she has decided she's only going on the scale twice a month because it's starting to discourage her a lot... I think I'm going to do the same thing as she's doing and just work on writing everything down with workouts, keeping my measurements, etc. I need to find a new groove to get into, my routine has been hitting funks since vacation :lol:

Plateaus are part of the journey with fitness & weight loss. I sat at the 168 lb. plateau for a long time several years back. That's always my sticking-spot on the scale which has always been a frustration when I get to it. Pushing past and overcoming is that much more rewarding, tho. So look forward to the big payoff when it comes. And it WILL come if you don't give up!

Good job on those 6-minute intervals, Kelly! And woohoo for a 3-pound weight loss! That's awesome! :sohappy:

Speaking of...I've been hiding in shame this week. :eek: Last week I had my first weight gain since starting WW. It wasn't even that much (+0.2 pounds) but it still sucked. I can't say that I was completely surprised though...I think I was getting a little cocky and not being as careful as I should have. Workouts have been fine...as usual, it's all about what I eat. :mad: So I've been trying really hard to stick to better habits this week, and hopefully it will pay off.

Thank you!

No hiding in shame. If you didn't have off-weeks you'll never fully enjoy the successful ones, right? With all the progress you can cut yourself a little slack with a slacker week. Besides, it's great motivation to get back onboard with whatever your usual program is. :D I can commiserate on the fact that diet can have such a huge effect. You're talkin' to one of the worst sweet tooths ever to exist in the history of the world. Behaving is pure misery sometimes. Last night my brother poked his head in my bedroom door to announce he made a batch of brownies and iced 'em with cream cheese frosting. I won't repeat what I told him because (A.) it's not very lady-like, and (B.) it'd end up a blank anyway. :cool:

Sooooo, last night I had a moment of weakness. Not terrible. I didn't eat any of the stinkin' brownies w/frosting. I did, however, have about 2 dozen small butter pretzels and 2 handfuls of buttered popcorn with Brian while we watched The Muppets and The Voice on my laptop. There's my big confession. My good report is that I ran my next scheduled day in my 5k app since it was a repeat of the same intervals I ran on Monday. The difficulty was definitely up'd by the fact that I ran the trail at the local college in Monroeville with the mega-elevation changes. Where I normally run at home is completely flat in the wide open with no trees or anything. There's some pretty steep downhills & uphills thru the woods. It's beautiful and very peaceful. I love the change of scenery in a big way. Those hills work muscles I didn't even realize I have, tho! Still, I maintained my intervals without shorting anything. That's huge for me. I was hoping my walk intervals would mercifully fall when I was in the uphills but no such luck. Regardless, I didn't stop or pause or anything. I kept moving even if it was extremely slow. For example: Monday morning was the same intervals (run 4, walk 2, run 6, walk 3, run 4, walk 2) as today. Monday's averages were: 11:10/mi running, 15:00/mi walking, and 13:15/mi overall. Today with the terrain difference I had: 11:20/mi running, 14:56/mi walking, and 13:58/mi overall. I think tomorrow for my "off" day I'll still go out there and do some power-walking on the hills. It beats nothing. It's just so pretty. I don't get that benefit at home. :cool:

enchanted_belle

Sooooo, last night I had a moment of weakness. Not terrible. I didn't eat any of the stinkin' brownies w/frosting. I did, however, have about 2 dozen small butter pretzels and 2 handfuls of buttered popcorn with Brian while we watched The Muppets and The Voice on my laptop. There's my big confession. My good report is that I ran my next scheduled day in my 5k app since it was a repeat of the same intervals I ran on Monday. The difficulty was definitely up'd by the fact that I ran the trail at the local college in Monroeville with the mega-elevation changes. Where I normally run at home is completely flat in the wide open with no trees or anything. There's some pretty steep downhills & uphills thru the woods. It's beautiful and very peaceful. I love the change of scenery in a big way. Those hills work muscles I didn't even realize I have, tho! Still, I maintained my intervals without shorting anything. That's huge for me. I was hoping my walk intervals would mercifully fall when I was in the uphills but no such luck. Regardless, I didn't stop or pause or anything. I kept moving even if it was extremely slow. For example: Monday morning was the same intervals (run 4, walk 2, run 6, walk 3, run 4, walk 2) as today. Monday's averages were: 11:10/mi running, 15:00/mi walking, and 13:15/mi overall. Today with the terrain difference I had: 11:20/mi running, 14:56/mi walking, and 13:58/mi overall. I think tomorrow for my "off" day I'll still go out there and do some power-walking on the hills. It beats nothing. It's just so pretty. I don't get that benefit at home. :cool:

So, you're on week 4? I think that was week 4 on mine... I'm almost done week 5, but my body has decided to not let me do much of anything the past 2 days so I'm STILL stuck in week 5. :cry:

As those like Shannon know (and anyone else who's seen my blog), I've had a rough patch during the past few days. As in, today is day 5 of the same headache/migraine, and it's not fun. At all. On Monday, it got coupled with a fever and I stayed in bed the whole day... yesterday, I left work early sick because the headache was starting to make me really dizzy. Today, I thought I was getting better and would be able to do more - I mean, I had cereal for breakfast instead of the toast I've been eating nonstop since Sunday - but, now I'm sitting here at work trying NOT to go home too early, because my headache has caused an overwhelming amount of fatique.
So I haven't been able to get a good workout in since Sunday, and it's killing me. I've done a little bit of yoga stretching here and there, and little walks, when my body's up to it... but this is not fun at all. :cry::cry::cry:
So, I'm not sure how accurate my weigh in will be next week when I have it? My body's been so out of whack, that I'm certain those numbers won't be right. :shrug:

sweetpee_1993

So, you're on week 4? I think that was week 4 on mine... I'm almost done week 5, but my body has decided to not let me do much of anything the past 2 days so I'm STILL stuck in week 5. :cry:

As those like Shannon know (and anyone else who's seen my blog), I've had a rough patch during the past few days. As in, today is day 5 of the same headache/migraine, and it's not fun. At all. On Monday, it got coupled with a fever and I stayed in bed the whole day... yesterday, I left work early sick because the headache was starting to make me really dizzy. Today, I thought I was getting better and would be able to do more - I mean, I had cereal for breakfast instead of the toast I've been eating nonstop since Sunday - but, now I'm sitting here at work trying NOT to go home too early, because my headache has caused an overwhelming amount of fatique.
So I haven't been able to get a good workout in since Sunday, and it's killing me. I've done a little bit of yoga stretching here and there, and little walks, when my body's up to it... but this is not fun at all. :cry::cry::cry:
So, I'm not sure how accurate my weigh in will be next week when I have it? My body's been so out of whack, that I'm certain those numbers won't be right. :shrug:

Yep, week 4/day 2 was today. :D

Your headache is worrying me. Seriously. That's a long time to have the same headache. Do you know what's causing it? Like when I get the long headaches that really mess with me I know it's my sinuses because it hurts behind my eyes into my forehead. I can feel it. My worst headaches are definitely sinus-related because it's like hot nails being driven up and into my right inner eye-socket. Those bad ones take me out completely. I can't function with them at all.

Where is the pain coming/going? Is it constant? Does taking anything help it??? Don't want it to be anything really bad. The diziness, fever, fatigue, and feeling sick are red flags you shouldn't ignore. Not trying to scare you or anything. I swear.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsl...h/2009/June/Headache-When-to-worry-what-to-do

I keep a watchful eye on the headaches. Chandler has suffered with migraines since he was about 7 or so. :animwink:

Hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.

Ariel484

It does feel better but I'm still careful with it, just to be on the safe side. Injuring joints is never fun. That's why I'm careful with my knees too.

For me everything has plateaued at the moment. My weight has stayed the same, which I'm happy with but the inches have kinda stalled. I'm trying to switch up my exercises to work more on my muscle tone. I'm still very, very pleased with how things are coming along. :D It's a great feeling when you put on clothes you haven't worn in a bunch of months and they fit amazingly! Having warmer weather sneak up earlier this year is definitely helping my motivation. I can't wait to buy new summer clothes, especially for my Disney trip.

Good, glad to hear you're feeling better. Injuries in general are never fun!

I'm with you on the clothes thing...either stuff is too big for me now, or stuff that was too tight actually fits okay now. It's great! :sohappy:

Thank you!

No hiding in shame. If you didn't have off-weeks you'll never fully enjoy the successful ones, right? With all the progress you can cut yourself a little slack with a slacker week. Besides, it's great motivation to get back onboard with whatever your usual program is. I can commiserate on the fact that diet can have such a huge effect. You're talkin' to one of the worst sweet tooths ever to exist in the history of the world. Behaving is pure misery sometimes. Last night my brother poked his head in my bedroom door to announce he made a batch of brownies and iced 'em with cream cheese frosting. I won't repeat what I told him because (A.) it's not very lady-like, and (B.) it'd end up a blank anyway.

Very wise. I love what you said about fully enjoying the successful weeks...so true. And OMG, I have a huge sweet tooth too. It's frustrating!

Sooooo, last night I had a moment of weakness. Not terrible. I didn't eat any of the stinkin' brownies w/frosting. I did, however, have about 2 dozen small butter pretzels and 2 handfuls of buttered popcorn with Brian while we watched The Muppets and The Voice on my laptop. There's my big confession. My good report is that I ran my next scheduled day in my 5k app since it was a repeat of the same intervals I ran on Monday. The difficulty was definitely up'd by the fact that I ran the trail at the local college in Monroeville with the mega-elevation changes. Where I normally run at home is completely flat in the wide open with no trees or anything. There's some pretty steep downhills & uphills thru the woods. It's beautiful and very peaceful. I love the change of scenery in a big way. Those hills work muscles I didn't even realize I have, tho! Still, I maintained my intervals without shorting anything. That's huge for me. I was hoping my walk intervals would mercifully fall when I was in the uphills but no such luck. Regardless, I didn't stop or pause or anything. I kept moving even if it was extremely slow. For example: Monday morning was the same intervals (run 4, walk 2, run 6, walk 3, run 4, walk 2) as today. Monday's averages were: 11:10/mi running, 15:00/mi walking, and 13:15/mi overall. Today with the terrain difference I had: 11:20/mi running, 14:56/mi walking, and 13:58/mi overall. I think tomorrow for my "off" day I'll still go out there and do some power-walking on the hills. It beats nothing. It's just so pretty. I don't get that benefit at home.

The salty snacks get me too. Pretzels, Goldfish...you name it. Love the Muppets! Just picked up the DVD on my way home! :D

Sounds like a nice run! Good job on those hills :eek:

So I haven't been able to get a good workout in since Sunday, and it's killing me. I've done a little bit of yoga stretching here and there, and little walks, when my body's up to it... but this is not fun at all.
So, I'm not sure how accurate my weigh in will be next week when I have it? My body's been so out of whack, that I'm certain those numbers won't be right.

I'm with Kelly here...I think it's time to go to the doctor. Maybe they can get you something to help you get some relief. :(

sweetpee_1993

Oh, and I need to mention...I made the SkinnyTaste manicotti last week. It was so good and really easy to make. Will loved it too! This one's a keeper. :slurp:

Awesome!!! I need to try that one! I made the baked lasagna rolls from my 'Eat This Not That' cookbook a couple weeks back and they sorta reminded me of manicotti. Turned out great!

When making dishes that require pasta I've been using the brown rice pastas that they sell in the gluten-free section of the grocery store. The boys don't seem to like the wheat or whole grain noodles found by the regular pasta. They say they're gummy and different. I've had good luck with the brown rice pastas. Good texture that's more agreeable with my guys.

Last night I cooked Zatarain's brown dirty rice mix with half turkey sausage and half ground turkey. I also sauteed some onions, garlic, and mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil to cook in. Turned out good. My boys aren't big dirty rice fans but my folks enjoyed it. :D

Ariel484

Awesome!!! I need to try that one! I made the baked lasagna rolls from my 'Eat This Not That' cookbook a couple weeks back and they sorta reminded me of manicotti. Turned out great!

So this recipe actually didn't use pasta at all. She includes a recipe for crespelles, which is what is used instead of noodles. They reminded me of thin little pancakes. That's the one thing I didn't like about the recipe - the crespelles aren't hard to make at all, but I was hoping to make the full batch of crespelles and freeze half for the next time I made manicotti (as I was planning to make half the batch of manicotti). But my little skillet was, I think, a little too big, so I ended up using extra batter because it looked like they were coming out too thin. So I actually ended up using the whole batch of batter to make 8 instead of 16. :shrug: I'm sure this messed up the nutrition information, but whatever.

I think next I'm going to try the Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella or the Chicken Cordon Bleu next. YUM! :slurp:

Ariel484

Weigh-in day - I lost 1 pound! :sohappy: So happy to have canceled out that gain from last week.

That's a total of 21 pounds lost since August, and 17.4 lost since joining WW for me. :D

sweetpee_1993

Weigh-in day - I lost 1 pound! :sohappy: So happy to have canceled out that gain from last week.

That's a total of 21 pounds lost since August, and 17.4 lost since joining WW for me. :D

Congrats! That rocks!!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

Aaaand...not the best day for me. I had to take my mom to her doctor today about 2 hours from their house. I did good, ate my little light sammich on the way, etc. The appointment took way longer than we thought. On the way home after 5:00 we were both starving. I felt weak. So we hit a Checkers drive-thru. Mom ate chicken nugget things and I ate a large fry. I didn't see any better options on the menu! At least I didn't eat any of those burgers that were screaming for me to order them. Ugh! Still. Fries. I've been so good for so long. :cry: When we got home I cooked healthy baked chicken nuggets. Yummy! I prob'ly ate more than I should've but I was still so dang hungry. So now I feel like I have a brick in my tummy and it's time for bed. I hate going to bed feeling like a big moo-ey. :cry::cry::cry:

I hope the weather forcast is wrong. I want to run in the morning before I head for home. It's stormed something fierce here tonight.

enchanted_belle

Yep, week 4/day 2 was today. :D

Your headache is worrying me. Seriously. That's a long time to have the same headache. Do you know what's causing it? Like when I get the long headaches that really mess with me I know it's my sinuses because it hurts behind my eyes into my forehead. I can feel it. My worst headaches are definitely sinus-related because it's like hot nails being driven up and into my right inner eye-socket. Those bad ones take me out completely. I can't function with them at all.

Where is the pain coming/going? Is it constant? Does taking anything help it??? Don't want it to be anything really bad. The diziness, fever, fatigue, and feeling sick are red flags you shouldn't ignore. Not trying to scare you or anything. I swear.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsl...h/2009/June/Headache-When-to-worry-what-to-do

I keep a watchful eye on the headaches. Chandler has suffered with migraines since he was about 7 or so. :animwink:

Hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.

I'm with Kelly here...I think it's time to go to the doctor. Maybe they can get you something to help you get some relief. :(

I rarely get headaches, unless they're from bumping my head on something, so this has been taking way to long to recover from. Hello day 7 of headacheness!

We've got 3 guesses as to what it is: allergies/sinuses (and none of the allergy/sinus meds are making any sort of dent), adult mono (I had mono at 17, so it stays in the system... and my mom got the adult version two years ago, and it started somewhat similar. Took her over a year to recovery), or stress (this is what I'm betting on. I've been stressing over student teaching in the fall, getting stuff together so I can move out in the winter, and worrying about what Dan & I will be doing next spring/summer, etc).

The nice part is that I'm between 87% and 92% better now. The headache's still there, just not as painful... meaning I can actually do stuff at work without it trying to stop me. Woo! lol. Let's see how it survives the weekend with Hunger Games tonight and going to a hockey game tomorrow night. Oi...

:sohappy: yayyyyy. Go Shannon, go!!!!!!

Ariel484

Congrats! That rocks!!!!

Thanks! :sohappy:

Aaaand...not the best day for me. I had to take my mom to her doctor today about 2 hours from their house. I did good, ate my little light sammich on the way, etc. The appointment took way longer than we thought. On the way home after 5:00 we were both starving. I felt weak.

OMG...I hate that feeling so so much. That is the worst.

So we hit a Checkers drive-thru. Mom ate chicken nugget things and I ate a large fry. I didn't see any better options on the menu! At least I didn't eat any of those burgers that were screaming for me to order them. Ugh! Still. Fries. I've been so good for so long. :cry: When we got home I cooked healthy baked chicken nuggets. Yummy! I prob'ly ate more than I should've but I was still so dang hungry. So now I feel like I have a brick in my tummy and it's time for bed. I hate going to bed feeling like a big moo-ey.

That's a terrible feeling, too. Sounds like you did your best though...a large order of fries is probably better than a burger or something. :shrug: It's tough when you're n a bind like that.

I hope the weather forcast is wrong. I want to run in the morning before I head for home. It's stormed something fierce here tonight.

I think we're due for some storms this weekend, so I just got my long run in. Lovely weather here today...I'm starting to worry that we're going to bake in the summer because it's so unseasonably nice here right now :eek:

I rarely get headaches, unless they're from bumping my head on something, so this has been taking way to long to recover from. Hello day 7 of headacheness!

We've got 3 guesses as to what it is: allergies/sinuses (and none of the allergy/sinus meds are making any sort of dent), adult mono (I had mono at 17, so it stays in the system... and my mom got the adult version two years ago, and it started somewhat similar. Took her over a year to recovery), or stress (this is what I'm betting on. I've been stressing over student teaching in the fall, getting stuff together so I can move out in the winter, and worrying about what Dan & I will be doing next spring/summer, etc).

The nice part is that I'm between 87% and 92% better now. The headache's still there, just not as painful... meaning I can actually do stuff at work without it trying to stop me. Woo! lol. Let's see how it survives the weekend with Hunger Games tonight and going to a hockey game tomorrow night. Oi...

I hope you figure out what it is soon. 7 days with a miserable headache is 7 days too long, especially if it's really interfering with your life.

And YAYAYAYAY for the Hunger Games!! I definitely want to see that soon (either tomorrow/Sunday afternoon or next weekend...want to wait for the crazy teenagers to clear out). :sohappy:

yayyyyy. Go Shannon, go!!!!!!

Thanks!! :sohappy:

So I have a challenge coming up. This weekend is Will's birthday and I LOVE to bake. I discovered a book called "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World" and these recipes are seriously amazing. You'd never know they were vegan. They're so good, in fact, that I partially blame them for my gaining weight last year (I know it was a combination of things, but I was seriously baking a new batch of cupcakes every week or so). I haven't baked any for awhile, but I know Will loves them so I baked some chocolate cupcakes this morning and am going to whip up a batch of mint icing for them this afternoon. Here's hoping I don't eat them all :eek: My birthday is 1.5 weeks later but I don't think that will be as much of an issue because I won't bake for myself. More likely we'll go out to dinner somewhere and share a dessert, which is what we normally do now once a week. I'm more worried about knowing there's a dozen cupcakes in the house this week. Will is going to be home on spring break next week so hopefully he'll eat them all while he's home :lol:

Have a great weekend ladies! :sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

So I have a challenge coming up. This weekend is Will's birthday and I LOVE to bake. I discovered a book called "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World" and these recipes are seriously amazing. You'd never know they were vegan. They're so good, in fact, that I partially blame them for my gaining weight last year (I know it was a combination of things, but I was seriously baking a new batch of cupcakes every week or so). I haven't baked any for awhile, but I know Will loves them so I baked some chocolate cupcakes this morning and am going to whip up a batch of mint icing for them this afternoon. Here's hoping I don't eat them all :eek: My birthday is 1.5 weeks later but I don't think that will be as much of an issue because I won't bake for myself. More likely we'll go out to dinner somewhere and share a dessert, which is what we normally do now once a week. I'm more worried about knowing there's a dozen cupcakes in the house this week. Will is going to be home on spring break next week so hopefully he'll eat them all while he's home :lol:

Have a great weekend ladies! :sohappy:

Make sure you have a good alternative for you when the cupcakes call your name. That way you don't have just "take it or leave it" as your options. :wave:

My appetite was wild today. I was just huuuungry. I haven't taken any diet pills for 2 days because I've been sleeping too late. I can't take them if I sleep past 8 or I'll be up half the night. I'll be getting up in the wee hours to head home. I'll take 1 then.

So, yeah, I stayed at my folks' house an extra day. I made several excuses but the main one was that I wanted to run those hills again one more time. It was still raining this morning so I couldn't go early. Plus, I slept until 9. :lol: Got my hilly run in at the nature trail and it felt good. 'Specially with all the eating I've done. I haven't eaten anything terrible that I shouldn't have, just more than I usually take in.

Have a great weekend, ladies! :wave:

diddy_mouse

I FINALLY got in a decent work out this week. I feel terrible for missing so many but I had some crazy rescheduling at work. I couldn't wake up early enough to exercise before work and by the time I got home it was too late to do anything. :fork: The good thing is I'm working closer to home now and my schedule is definitely going to be more accommodating.

I pushed myself a little harder today, did an extra exercise session and I felt so awesome afterwards! I know my legs aren't going to function tomorrow but it's worth it.

Always nice to read about everyone's progress! Keep up the great work and here's to another fantastic week!

echovictor

Good morning all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. As always, reading everyone’s struggles and successes really helps me focus and know that I’m not on my journey alone. Social media at it’s finest!

I was not very good this weekend and therefore, my Monday morning weigh-in was not what I was hoping it would be. Only managed to lose 0.6 lbs last week (now at 157.2), but at least I’m losing and not gaining. I should have weighed myself on Sunday morning b/c I was especially bad last night. My husband decided to make breakfast for dinner which was an offer I couldn’t refuse! So, an omelet (not egg whites only :cry:), large buttermilk biscuit, and grits later, I feel like I reversed a lot of the good I had accomplished earlier in the week. At least I saw some movement in the right direction though. And hopefully, with the carb binge from last night, I’ll be more motivated to stay on the points track this week.

There were some highlights from last week. I actually started some form of exercise, which if you were along for my posts last year, you know I’m allergic to :lol: Seriously though, reading lulabell’s posts I remember how much I use to enjoy yoga so I started my classes back last week. I’ve only been once but I’m committed now so I’m hopeful that I’ll start seeing some results in the next couple of months. I also walked 30 - 45 minutes each day. A group of us started walking at work during our lunch hour so that has helped with motivation.

I’m trying to stay positive about the small weight loss. I’m sure I’ve retained more water this week given the shock I gave my system with actual exercise. And given that I didn’t stay within my points range this weekend, I’m lucky I didn’t gain. Here’s to a more disciplined week!

Good luck to everyone this week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom