Disney considering a new World Showcase pavilion BY REMOVING AN EXISTING COUNTRY?!?!

Lunamis

I remember liking WS as a kid actually...There were certain pavilions that were boring and at that time I hated the circlevision movies but it's not that bad. I see kids running around with the Kim Possible missions today and that really makes WS great for them.

I don't think any pavilions are going anywhere but Italy could sure use something else. The shops are way out of my league and realm of interest and that is basically all that is there. At least the other pavilions I keep seeing on this thread like Morocco are more interesting in their theming (all the little nooks in Morocco are beautiful).

aladdin2007

Instead of building a new country they should make the boring ones better. Such as Italy, Germany, Morocco.......? Morocco really, instead of Australia, Russia or even a hint of south america. What the heck did norway ever do to deserve a ride? I say drain some of the water and build all the way down the middle....that boat ride isnt all that charming. You could build a giant replica of all the famous world landmarks in that circle instead of being so segregated.

By the way whats up with the outpost? you really had to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to have an african pepsi machine...boo! Africa is well represented in animal kingdom.....i really doubt anything they build will be as fun as harry potter though. But epcot really needs to reach out to kids cause the world showcase is a snooze fest for most kids i see in strollers.

World Showcase was never meant to be a kids playground. I agree some more rides would be nice for everyone as a whole but this was not meant to be a magic kingdom. Norway has become nothing but a cattle herd because of characters added to the dining, strollers everywhere and the traffic flow around there has become bottleneck. Things like that ruin the enjoyablilty and experience and edutainment if you will that it once had. Epcot has added alot for kids in recent years, kim possible, kidcots, characters etc. And norway deserved a ride becuase the goverment and sponsors paid for it, all the pavilions deserve one really but oh well we can dream. Maelstrom is in some need of attention, but whats wrong with norway having a ride?

RSoxNo1

I wish Germany would showcase more of the country's engineering aspects. Maybe, like automobiles??? :) They are as much of the country's culture than anything....

Seriously, how cool would an autobahn attraction be. They could even expand it to include some of the vehicle testing like going over rough road conditions (German Blocks anyone?), Environmental Conditions, Barrier Tests, etc.

aladdin2007

Seriously, how cool would an autobahn attraction be. They could even expand it to include some of the vehicle testing like going over rough road conditions (German Blocks anyone?), Environmental Conditions, Barrier Tests, etc.

um we already have that, Test Track.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
WHOOSH2.gif

RSoxNo1

I wish Germany would showcase more of the country's engineering aspects. Maybe, like automobiles??? :) They are as much of the country's culture than anything....

um we already have that, Test Track.

Oh, nevermind then.

RobGraves

actually, it already happened... they added a Poland pavilion a few years ago...

you just never got to see it because it was quickly annexed by germany. Now its where the trains are...

_Scar

actually, it already happened... they added a Poland pavilion a few years ago...

you just never got to see it because it was quickly annexed by germany. Now its where the trains are...

Ouch

Seriously, isn't it awkward when America is surrounded by Japan, Germany, and Italy. Three huge communist/totalitarian powers of World War 2? :lookaroun

urbanvegan

That sounds awful, no one would ever ride something like that at Epcot.

goreesha

Hitler? Stalin?

Hitler was a fascist, not a communist. In fact, he despised communists.

Stalin was a communist, yes, but he was neither Japanese, Italian nor German. He was Russian, and they don't have a pavilion yet.

And Russia won't get a pavilion, either, because Sealand is getting the next pavilion, if I have anything to do with it.

lazyboy97o

Hitler? Stalin?
Hitler was a vehement anti-communist. Mussolini was a fascist, also anti-communist. Yes, Stalin was a communist (some would argue otherwise), but the Soviet Union was an ally of the United States during World War II.

Stalin was a communist, yes, but he was neither Japanese, Italian nor German. He was Russian, and they don't have a pavilion yet.
Actually, Stalin was not Russian, he was Georgian.

_Scar

Hitler was a vehement anti-communist. Mussolini was a fascist, also anti-communist. Yes, Stalin was a communist (some would argue otherwise), but the Soviet Union was an ally of the United States during World War II.

Actually, Stalin was not Russian, he was Georgian.

It pretty much seemed Hitler's word was the word to go by. Either way, still odd WS position wise

lazyboy97o

It pretty much seemed Hitler's word was the word to go by. Either way, still odd WS position wise
Mussolini rose to power about a decade before Hitler and was not initially friendly to the Nazis, which he originally considered a perversion of fascism.

Wilt Dasney

Hitler? Stalin?
Hated each other.

Most historians agree that Hitler's big mistake was breaking the Non-Aggression Pact with the Soviets, thereby bringing Communist Russia into the war on the side of the Allies in 1941 (i.e., us! Although we weren't involved yet. That came in December.)

At any rate, the Nazis got bogged down in Russia, overextending themselves and allowing the Western Allies to make their big offensive on D-Day and defeat Germany in 1945.

The Cold War started pretty much immediately, pitting the US against the USSR for the next 35 years — but when it came to Hitler, we were on the same side as the Communists (for different reasons) and their sacrifices were a huge part of our victory.

the_more_you_know2-2475-1.jpg

Wilt Dasney

Having said all that, the proximity of the Axis Powers (Italy, Germany & Japan) to the USA in Epcot is a funny bit of irony that a few people have pointed out before. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom