Disney considering a new World Showcase pavilion BY REMOVING AN EXISTING COUNTRY?!?!

Gomer

Why would they do that when there are expansion plots that could be used?

I fear guest opinion would be against my personal favorite pavillion, Morocco. It seems crowds have been smaller there for the last ten years or so...for reasons I won't attempt to speculate on.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Crazy but honestly what country could be removed and have the smallest impact on your experience? I would say Morocco but who the hell needs the outpost?

bgraham34

Crazy but honestly what country could be removed and have the smallest impact on your experience? I would say Morocco but who the hell needs the outpost?

Yeah I would say Morocco out of any of them. But the Outpost should be the first to go. I would like to see Russia as a country just do they can have the Siberia Experience ride. Make it a coaster in freezing cold temps.

Future Guy

Ever since the '80s people have been saying "Hey, isn't it time for a new WS pavilion?" And now TDO proposes to "give the people what they want" by clumsily re-theming an existing pavilion to represent a "new" country? Because you know that's what they'll do. Morocco will become Tunisia, or Germany will become Austria.

Or maybe they'll just bulldoze one of the pavilions, leave the twisted wreckage behind, and call it New Jersey! (rim shot)

Still, this could be one of those ideas that never moves beyond the surveys-and-focus groups phase, and a few years from now we'll look back on this and laugh. And the World Showcase will still not have any new countries.

jakeman

This doesn't make any financial sense.

Why would you demo a whole pavilion when you have empty plots all over the WS?

If TDO really are the greedy, puppy-burners that everyone claims they are, they would be looking for the cheapest way to expand capacity. Razing a whole pavilion and replacing it is not that.

It is possible the first question is to judge where the interest lies and the second is to see what pavilion could use improvements to attract more visitors.

By phrasing the question as a definitive, you are more likely to get a focused response. If the question is, "Which pavilion kinda sucks?" you'll get a smattering of personal opinion, but if it is, "Which one would you like to see destroyed?" elicits a stronger, more pointed response.

Without seeing the actual text of the question it is hard to speculate what the intent is.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm doubting that actually happened. No discredit to Lance at Screamscape, he does an awesome site, but I believe this was something that was emailed in to him and is a joke. April Fools?

BrerFrog

As long as the outpost is included in the list of "countries" that could be torn down I am fine since it will naturally get the most votes, or so I hope. :lookaroun

As I have said on another thread: Please Disney build a Brazil pavillion before I am through with College so I can do another CP. :cry:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Could it be that the question is aimed at which of the existing countries is least popular with the intent to boost it's popularity (by adding an attraction)? Each "attraction-less" country may have attraction designs shovel ready and Disney is trying to find which would benefit the most. I really can't see them bulldozing or repurposing an existing country when expansion pads are everywhere. Just trying to turn lemons into lemonaide.

BrerFrog

Could it be that the question is aimed at which of the existing countries is least popular with the intent to boost it's popularity (by adding an attraction)? Each "attraction-less" country may have attraction designs shovel ready and Disney is trying to find which would benefit the most. I really can't see them bulldozing or repurposing an existing country when expansion pads are everywhere. Just trying to turn lemons into lemonaide.

That is another possibility. As the survey is you can either assume they want to increase one pavillion's attendance and build another one, or simply bulldoze one and replace it with another country.

I like the former better, but the latter is much more fun to discuss. :lol:

Thurp

I fear guest opinion would be against my personal favorite pavillion, Morocco. It seems crowds have been smaller there for the last ten years or so...for reasons I won't attempt to speculate on.

Just came in to add that Morocco is probably one of my favorites. Beautiful and immersible.

Unfortunately I don't care much for the current food choices at the table service restaurant but I do like their quick service options.

Pioneer Hall

I agree that this survey doesn't sound plausible. Besides for it being completely random with nothing really circulating the rumor mill, it seems unlikely that Disney would really offer a survey that asks people what they would want to get rid of. While I truly believe that another pavilion is unlikely at any point in the near (or even moderate) future, Disney would probably not be getting rid of anything in order to build something new. With the greatly increased attendance since the park opened in the 80's, they would only look for something that would help alleviate crowds from other areas. It is also important to keep in mind the agreements and partnerships that Disney holds with these countries. I would think that there are specific agreements that can't just be broken so they can bulldoze a pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom