Disney After Hours Event

alissafalco

Still looking for freebies, I see ...

Just take one of your kids down to the 'concierge' ... show some fake tears about people going for free and you not having the $$$ and you'll get comped. I can almost guarantee it. Then ... make sure they give a free plush too!
:hilarious::hilarious: ....
Since MK is open until 1am tonight for EMH and Im walking onto everything right now as it is, I already got to do it for free! (Minus the free ice cream bar)

Im actually about to get onto Pirates, but now Ive seen everything- reading books on attractions?? And how did she get her own boat??!!
image.jpeg

NearTheEars

It's not. It's equally reprehensible. No different than a contractor charging more for work after the ravages of a storm or a mechanic charging more for repairs to a gullible senior citizen. It's taking advantage of someone. Whether or not I can afford to pay a grossly inflated asking price does not change the fact that I was fleeced. And even if I do so willingly, does that make it morally right? Trust me, if Disney thought they could maintain the current numbers and charge $1500 a head while actually offering LESS to the customer, they would damn sure do it. Just like the unscrupulous roofer and mechanic. But I'll refrain from using the term "corporate greed" and just call Disney suits what they are...a bunch of low-life scumbags. Give 'em hell, Karma!

While I see no value in this event and hope it crashes and burns, I don't think your comparisons work.
Repair work after a storm, or from a mechanic are necessary. Spending a few extra hours at a theme park after closing is definitely not.

So they can charge as much as they want as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't make it a good business decision.

Like @PhotoDave219 said, charge $30 or so and it would sell out. But they'd have to make it exclusive to on property guests, or an upcharge folks that already have a one day ticket.

PhotoDave219

:hilarious::hilarious: ....
Since MK is open until 1am tonight for EMH and Im walking onto everything right now as it is, I already got to do it for free! (Minus the free ice cream bar)

Im actually about to get onto Pirates, but now Ive seen everything- reading books on attractions?? And how did she get her own boat??!! View attachment 139870

OMG. thats awesome. Enjoy!

cbconglom

I'm sorry if it sounded too judgmental ... but I honestly have trouble justify visiting WDW when I pay next to nothing and get family and friends in for free. It has gotten that bad.

And when I think of a true destination ... like Hawaii ... or, yes, TDR ... I never cease to be shocked by people choosing to visit the stalest most overrated Disney resort of them all.

No prob. No ruffled feathers here. Honestly you just lit a fire under me. I am now more determined to skip stateside parks next year and maybe head for.. I don't know... Paris?

on topic.. they really should add special fireworks to the after hours event

Minnesota disney fan

According to the WDW website, the MK has 41 attractions as of today. Quick math says 28/41 is about 69% of the attractions were open. Not all, but certainly not 1/3.

Eric I've been wondering if all the gift shops are open as well??? This would be a big factor for us, as we don't need to ride the rides constantly, and enjoy the shops, etc. Thanks:)

NEmickeyfan

No prob. No ruffled feathers here. Honestly you just lit a fire under me. I am now more determined to skip stateside parks next year and maybe head for.. I don't know... Paris?

on topic.. they really should add special fireworks to the after hours event
I just returned from a trip to Paris and DLP. The focus of the trip was to see Paris (which was incredible!), but since we were right there, decided to do 2 1/2 days at Disneyland. The weather was chilly and damp which didn't help, however I was very disappointed. Security was tight everywhere including uniformed personnel with assault rifles and dogs. Although they have pumped money into the parks, some areas were still desperately in need of a refurb. Far too many of the guests were extremely rude...it was not uncommon to get run into by other guests and I got physically pushed twice. The World of Disney and Disney Store were smaller and messy... toys on the floor and shelves were not kept organized. We stayed at Sequoia Lodge which was very outdated...CMs were great, but the resort needs a complete refurb. Some of the furnishings were tattered and 2 of the 3 elevators were out of service. Sorry for the long post, but I can say I'm glad I went to DLP just to say I was there, but would never return. If I go to an overseas Disney Park again, I think I would choose Tokyo.

note2001

Eric I've been wondering if all the gift shops are open as well??? This would be a big factor for us, as we don't need to ride the rides constantly, and enjoy the shops, etc. Thanks:)
Each to their own, don't take this as a criticism, I too enjoy the shops when they're less crowded (which is why I'll shop first thing in the morning) But why would you pay $75 - $150 to go shopping?

Now, if they said the Dole Whips and Orange Swirls would be free during the event as opposed to free mickey bars, well then, that's a bird of a different color! Add in a shot of liquor and the entire event would be a sell out :D

Minnesota disney fan

Each to their own, don't take this as a criticism, I too enjoy the shops when they're less crowded (which is why I'll shop first thing in the morning) But why would you pay $75 - $150 to go shopping?

Now, if they said the Dole Whips and Orange Swirls would be free during the event, well then, that's a bird of a different color!

No offense :) I would Never pay that much for the DAH, but am curious as to just what is open along with the rides, ice cream stands, and I think Casey's???? Just curious is all. I' m not interested in paying any more money for DAH or the EMH, and think it is another trial to see just what people will pay!

Brad Bishop

Does anyone else remember when the park (I'm thinking of MK here but I think Epcot used to do this as well) would close and they'd keep the shops open for another hour or so. I remember being a kid and walking out with my dad and asking him about it and he said, "They keep them open because there's still money to be made from guest leaving. If the guests are on their way out but still willing to spend money it'd be foolish to just let them walk out."

I thought that was both pretty cool (that you could hang out a bit) and genius, on Disney's park, for those who were leaving the park but hadn't bought a souvenir. Over the last few years it seemed that when the park was closed they'd position people outside of the shops and it was a one way system. Basically: "Thanks, and get out!"

There was another thread about sticking around and I really don't want to go down that path. I just always thought that it made sense to allow the rest of your guests wallets to drain out at the end of the evening. It seems strange that they gave up on that practice.

AEfx

It had a three year refurb that ended in 2012. And looked great.

What's wrong with having security?

Like most Americans, I'm sure he isn't used to seeing security visibly armed with assault rifles on a daily basis, especially at a theme park. It would have made me shudder, as well. We don't even see that at airports here.

Not that we may not understand the need, but it's just not something we are accustomed to seeing in public, in most cases. While we have the reputation for liking our guns, only a very small portion of places do you find folks brandishing assault weapons

FigmentForver96

I just returned from a trip to Paris and DLP. The focus of the trip was to see Paris (which was incredible!), but since we were right there, decided to do 2 1/2 days at Disneyland. The weather was chilly and damp which didn't help, however I was very disappointed. Security was tight everywhere including uniformed personnel with assault rifles and dogs. Although they have pumped money into the parks, some areas were still desperately in need of a refurb. Far too many of the guests were extremely rude...it was not uncommon to get run into by other guests and I got physically pushed twice. The World of Disney and Disney Store were smaller and messy... toys on the floor and shelves were not kept organized. We stayed at Sequoia Lodge which was very outdated...CMs were great, but the resort needs a complete refurb. Some of the furnishings were tattered and 2 of the 3 elevators were out of service. Sorry for the long post, but I can say I'm glad I went to DLP just to say I was there, but would never return. If I go to an overseas Disney Park again, I think I would choose Tokyo.
Sorry you did not have the best time, but I would strong encourage you to visit again in the future. The park has already come a very long way, and while it has a long way to go, it certainly is looking better day by day. As far as the guest, they can be rude, but so are the ones at Walt Disney World. It really is sad, but being polite is something not common in many places anymore. So yes the resort still needs more help, but I would try again in the future. Also Tokyo Disney is a great choice as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Like most Americans, I'm sure he isn't used to seeing security visibly armed with assault rifles on a daily basis, especially at a theme park. It would have made me shudder, as well. We don't even see that at airports here.
Ive seen guards with rifles in the espelande at DLP since 2005. It's a public square though, not Disney owned and is under the jurisdiction of the French government. Unless the OP means in the actual parks.

I'll be honest, I shudder seeing Orange County cops at the WDW gates with sidearms. But I am from the UK where Police tasers have only recently become the norm.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Not that we may not understand the need, but it's just not something we are accustomed to seeing in public, in most cases. While we have the reputation for liking our guns, only a very small portion of places do you find folks brandishing assault weapons

Oddly enough with 6k armed officer s nation wide we seem to manage our fears quite well.

asianway

They're patrolling the train station which quite honestly with all the stuff going on there would make me feel better

cslafferty

WDW1974

This would sell out if it was $30/person.

That may well be true, but I'd still have an issue with it on principle. All of these upcharge events do cost us all, one way or the other.

Again, people want to forget that WDW used to have longer hours at all its parks for all its Guests. And a one-day ticket wasn't an obscene $135 a day (yes, including park-hopping because two parks barely have any ... attractions).

AEfx

They're patrolling the train station which quite honestly with all the stuff going on there would make me feel better

In this case? Oh, absolutely. That's thought #2, LOL. I just know that some folks on the other side of the pond might think that we are used to seeing that in most of America these days. In places like airports, etc. - we know they are there, but rarely see them just patrolling in public places. When you do see them in public spaces, it's usually when there is something specific going on, which is what thought #1 would have be the first time I came across it - "what's wrong?" thinking there was some danger - it's definitely something I'd note, just because I'm not used to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom