Dieting for Disney 2009

figmentisgreat

Hey All! :wave:

Some of you may remember a fantastic thread a while back, Dieting for Disney 2009...well, I'm bringing it back!

Last time we did this, I actually held myself accountable for what I ate and successfully dropped the pounds that I wanted to get rid off...well, some of the pounds came back, and my trip is in 62 days! Sooo, Let's do this again!

Reply back with your trip date, your goal to lose, how will losing this weight help you on your trip (more self confidence, etc.), and how you are planning to lose the weight/tone up (exercise, eat less, weight watchers, no dessert, etc.)

Then, we can talk to each other about how we are doing and share tips!

So, whaddya think?? I'll start -

My trip is May 26, I want to lose 15 pounds (I understand that might not be possible, but I want it to be something like that) I want to feel more self confident and be able to take pictures without worrying that I will look bad because of my weight, and finally, I am planning on going to the gym more and reducing the amount of junk food I eat. I am going to try to stick to a low calorie diet. Let's see how that works!!!

twoboysnmygirl

They encourage you to modify if you need to! If I skipped a day, usually I would do that WEEK over, just to build up my stamina. There's only 3 runs a day, so I would think it might be difficult at certain points to just do 2 days of a week and then move on. There were certainly times that I repeated a week if I felt like I needed to. :)

Upvote 0
Everyone is doing a great job! I actually added some new things to my workout today, and I can already feel the difference. I can't wait to weigh myself at the end of the week. (we bought a scale..:eek:) I can't wait to get all this weight off for the summer and of course...WDW!!

My DH is very supportive. Hopefully everyone else's significant others are supportive as well.

Have a great day everyone, and keep up the great work!!

Upvote 0

sueuk

Well, I've stuck to my eating plan for a week now and I'm back at work so that should help. I see everyone here is running etc - I'm not; I'm built for comfort not speed!! so a bit of walking the dog etc will have to do:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

This past weekend was the first weekend that I actually stuck to my diet. That's a big thing for me. :ROFLOL:I didn't go to the gym this morning, but I will be back there tomorrow. This is my weak time of the day, when the kids come home & they are eating snacks. I am eating a small amount of fresh pineapple for my afternoon snack & I will have a low calorie salad tonight for dinner. I have done good today. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

figmentisgreat

Original Poster
I love all the support in this thread...

Yesterday, I had a really sad day (my grandmother's dog was put to sleep), and I really wanted comfort food, but I thought of this thread and decided that I should try not to eat my sorrows away.

Today, I had a really great day. I found out I got into graduate school! Well, when I got the news, I kept thinking about celebratory food! Well, instead of planning my celebration around food, I planned it around shopping!! So we are taking a trip to ... Kmart ... instead of half price apps at Applebee's!

I have actually stuck by it! The main reason I've been able to keep from slipping is that tomorrow is my scheduled "slip day". Meaning, I can have whatever I want tomorrow! By having a scheduled slip day, I have motivation not to slip any other days! And tomorrow, I only slip by like 300 calories! That way, I don't lose control! I'm excited for tomorrow :sohappy:

Upvote 0

twoboysnmygirl

Yep, I've cut down on eating at night too and I think it has helped tremendously. I will have to admit that I end up going to bed to get my stomach to stop rumbling sometimes though. :rolleyes:

I've had to learn that celebrating or being down are both awful reasons to eat and had to change those habits. I try to not make getting together with people or having quiet time to myself an excuse either b/c I will find any excuse sometimes! :hammer:

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Yep, I've cut down on eating at night too and I think it has helped tremendously. I will have to admit that I end up going to bed to get my stomach to stop rumbling sometimes though. :rolleyes:

I've had to learn that celebrating or being down are both awful reasons to eat and had to change those habits. I try to not make getting together with people or having quiet time to myself an excuse either b/c I will find any excuse sometimes! :hammer:

I totally understand with the rumbling tummy thing! for the first few days I just felt so hungry like 2 hours after eating dinner! I think my body had just got used to eating something after dinner! After a few days htough, i have got used to not eating after, so it has been a little easier! I did start going to bed though about 30 minutes to an hour earlier since i was getting to the point of "I have to eat or else im gonna be starved!" But waking up in the morning, I actually feel better after not going to sleep on a full stomach!

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I totally understand with the rumbling tummy thing! for the first few days I just felt so hungry like 2 hours after eating dinner! I think my body had just got used to eating something after dinner! After a few days htough, i have got used to not eating after, so it has been a little easier! I did start going to bed though about 30 minutes to an hour earlier since i was getting to the point of "I have to eat or else im gonna be starved!" But waking up in the morning, I actually feel better after not going to sleep on a full stomach!

I know what you mean. I normally don't eat after dinner anyway, but since I have been on this diet for a little over a week now, I find myself hungry at night. I have just been going to get a glass of water and it really helps. :)

I weighed today and I am down 4 pounds. :sohappy: I was so pumped that I actually worked out harder at the gym this morning. :lol: It feels great to have a little motivation. With getting the free dining plan and loosing four pounds, I am on cloud nine!!:ROFLOL:

Keep up the good work everyone. :kiss:

Upvote 0
Wow! I've stopped eating past 7pm, and I can feel the difference already! I totally know about the "rumbling in the tumbly" :p but like someone else said, a glass of water helps a LOT!

I'm almost excited about weighing myself at the end of this week!:eek:

Sunday is my "rest day" so I can eat whatever. But I've been realizing that I'm choosing better already, even though I can eat what I want. It IS amazing that the little things can make a big difference!:D

Everyone is doing a wonderful job! I don't know how everyone else's weather is, but mine is FANTASTIC, so I'm heading out to go ride a bike or something. :cool::cool:

Keep up the great work guys! :wave:

Upvote 0

Tater48

O.K., I weighed myself this morning and am down another 2 pounds. Only 10 more to go and these will probably be the hardest to lose. Will be putting in some extra miles and a few extra hours at the gym during the next 40 days. Keep up the good work everybody, and lets keep this thread going.

Upvote 0

figmentisgreat

Original Poster
Great Job Everyone!!!!

I just have to say that I am SO PROUD of everyone posting on this thread! You are all inspirations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a good week! I actually am down 6 pounds from the time I started, and I am so excited!!!!!

Plus, I got into grad school, so I'm just completely :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:!!!!!

Upvote 0

twoboysnmygirl

Whoohoo! Congrats on the losses!!! :sohappy:

I'm stuck right now, but I lost 3 1/2 pounds last week so I think my body is just catching up! We're going to go out for a walk/run this afternoon when it warms up, hopefully that will kick things into gear.

Upvote 0

pjulie75

Hi Everyone, started this week and have lost 3 lbs so far, goal is 14 lbs so getting there, jeans feel looser already. Trying to do Weight Watchers so have bought some of the small cakes and treats to try and banish the cravings!! Can't stop thinking about food:slurp:.

Upvote 0

Zartan666

Hey everyone, Im new here. Im glad to see all the people taking an interest in getting fit. Not to sound preachy but you should really try to keep this up all year round, not just when you might be wearing a bathing suit. And keep in mind it takes more than dieting to really loose weight. You need to get plenty of exercise. My problem is not loosing weight but gainning. So I need to take in more calories than the average person should. Being that I have a slim build thats just hard for me to do. I would highly recomend P90X. I just started it last week, and it is amazing. I agree, my knees hate Plyo day, its without a doubt the hardest day in the program. For me anyway. But when your done you feel like you have accomplished something. Ive never done a workout like P90X. Its a 3 month program, so all you people going in July or August might want to look into it. You wont regret it if you stick with it, Im sure. It does take a while to do everyday,( about an hour and a half at the most.) but its no more than if you were to drive to the gym and back. I have worked out on a Bowflex for years, and got nowhere near the results I wanted. But after just one week with this I can tell a difference. I know I sound like a commercial too, but seriously this workout is awsome. And the host Tony is pretty funny too lol. But if what your doing right now is working for you, keep at it. Even if its not giving you the results you want, doing something is better than doing nothing.

Upvote 0

sueuk

Hey everyone, Im new here. Im glad to see all the people taking an interest in getting fit. Not to sound preachy but you should really try to keep this up all year round, not just when you might be wearing a bathing suit. And keep in mind it takes more than dieting to really loose weight. You need to get plenty of exercise. My problem is not loosing weight but gainning. So I need to take in more calories than the average person should. Being that I have a slim build thats just hard for me to do. I would highly recomend P90X. I just started it last week, and it is amazing. I agree, my knees hate Plyo day, its without a doubt the hardest day in the program. For me anyway. But when your done you feel like you have accomplished something. Ive never done a workout like P90X. Its a 3 month program, so all you people going in July or August might want to look into it. You wont regret it if you stick with it, Im sure. It does take a while to do everyday,( about an hour and a half at the most.) but its no more than if you were to drive to the gym and back. I have worked out on a Bowflex for years, and got nowhere near the results I wanted. But after just one week with this I can tell a difference. I know I sound like a commercial too, but seriously this workout is awsome. And the host Tony is pretty funny too lol. But if what your doing right now is working for you, keep at it. Even if its not giving you the results you want, doing something is better than doing nothing.
Preaching to the converted here dear!!! We know what we need to do but guess what - we all have lives that get in the way:lol:

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

OK, so I went back to the gym this morning so I am still on track. I weighed in at the same as I did yesterday. I know that I shouldn't weigh everyday but it feels good to see the scale go down. :lol: I have done good with my meals today. It's 1:00 and I am still going strong. I get worried in the late afternoon, so I have been trying to stay busy during that rough time.

My goal is 15 more pounds. I think that I can do it!!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

HayAntPat

I just found this thread and I think it is great !!! My next trip is October 30th. I would like to loose 50 pounds by then. I joined Weight Watchers last week. I can't wait to see how I have done.

Upvote 0

Lamping3

I am so excited to see this thread!!! I have been trying drop those last few pounds of baby weight plus some. I feel I need to loose 20 to 25 pounds. I was doing very well working out the past month (30 to 45 minutes on the eliptical 4 to 5 times a week) but I kind of fell off last week. I caught a cold and was unmotivated to work out....then I went to my parents house last weekend and ate very unhealthy. But I am back on track I just finished 45 minutes on the eliptical.

I think my big problem is my diet...I need an overhaul. I have done southbeach and that seemed to work. But it is too much planning for me and I don't like too many vegetables.

I would eventually like to try to start running (I was motivated by Holly's marathon trip report!!!) But I haven't gotten out yet...excuses excuses.

We go to Disney in December so hopefully I have the time to loose the weight. I would like to loose the majority before June 28th...my 10 year high school reunion (yikes!).

Keep up the good work everyone!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom