Dieting for Disney 2009

figmentisgreat

Hey All! :wave:

Some of you may remember a fantastic thread a while back, Dieting for Disney 2009...well, I'm bringing it back!

Last time we did this, I actually held myself accountable for what I ate and successfully dropped the pounds that I wanted to get rid off...well, some of the pounds came back, and my trip is in 62 days! Sooo, Let's do this again!

Reply back with your trip date, your goal to lose, how will losing this weight help you on your trip (more self confidence, etc.), and how you are planning to lose the weight/tone up (exercise, eat less, weight watchers, no dessert, etc.)

Then, we can talk to each other about how we are doing and share tips!

So, whaddya think?? I'll start -

My trip is May 26, I want to lose 15 pounds (I understand that might not be possible, but I want it to be something like that) I want to feel more self confident and be able to take pictures without worrying that I will look bad because of my weight, and finally, I am planning on going to the gym more and reducing the amount of junk food I eat. I am going to try to stick to a low calorie diet. Let's see how that works!!!

petersenjp

Today down to 171. About 4 pounds down. Its really hard to figure out what to eat any more, and what calorie intake I should be doing. I want to be down to about 165, but with that, training for marathons I have to take in a larger amount of calories so I don't die during training or the races. :shrug:

I love this thread, as it keeps me pumped on those down days that everyone has.

Congrats to everyone who is working so hard to be their healthier self!!!! Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

So, we finally did it. We bought a scale that works. YIKES!!!!

My old scale had me at

That's a big difference. The first 10 are easy though.

Day 2, and I'm done eating for the night. Fresh fruit smoothie for breakfast.

Today is the official 5 month countdown. 10 pounds a month is by no means out of the question. Next intermission in the hockey game gives me a 20 chance to run 2 miles.

Upvote 0

agravette

I have 50 pounds to lose by September 28, which is check in day at Coronado Springs! I have lots more to lose too, but I feel the first 50 will make such a huge difference in the way I feel. I have lupus and take steroids, so losing is going to be a challenge, but I know I can do it. Thanks for starting this awesome thread. It will be nice to have some support. Good luck to all of you!:wave:

Upvote 0
Well I figured out why I wasn't really losing much. I'm pregnant!:eek:

But this doesn't stop me from still eating healthier or exercising, I just have to be careful with my exercising, and just continue to eat healthy, and now take prenatal vitamins! I'm actually overall feeling great, no morning sickness, no heartburn, or anything really, just sometimes a flip flop feeling and a hot water bottle feeling (don't ask lol)

I love going to the gym and just doing 3 miles on the treadmill at a nice brisk walk. Not too strenuous, but just right. I actually cool down in the pool just doing some easy laps. I'm excited! :D

Everyone is doing a great job, and keep up the great work! My goal has changed, from losing 45lbs to just keeping a healthy weight and staying active throughout my pregnancy so I don't gain like, a TON. :lol:

If I get to go to Disney this year (right around my due date, so...idk) I will be so happy, but I'm still doing this for myself! Now I have to go get some sleep.

Keep up the great work guys!

Upvote 0

Tater48

Keep up the good work everybody. I have 2 more pounds to go to reach the goal I have been shooting for, and 23 days to get there. Feeling pretty good about right now. In January, when I started this, I was squeezing into size 35 Wranglers. Now I am wearing size 30. A little tight right now, but by the time we leave, they should fit just about right.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Well, I fell off of the wagon for about a week or two but I have done good this week. I am encouraged to do this more than ever because my sweet little sister is doing it too. She has lost 11 pounds in 5 weeks. I am so proud of her. She is not far at all from her goal weight of 120. I am working on it, I have done very good for the past three days. I just wish that it would go away as fast as it came on. :ROFLOL:

I REALLY want to lose about 15 pounds..... quick! :ROFLOL:That is my goal.

Upvote 0

hoppypooh

Long-time lurker but first-time poster in this thread...

Last year when I went to Disneyland, I was 350 lbs. and I was miserable. I hurt from the walking, was sweating profusely, chaffing and didn't really want to be in any pictures. I vowed I would get down to a more reasonable weight, if only to enjoy my Disney trips more.

I'm 2.5 weeks out from WDW and down to 280 lbs. It has been really, really hard, but I do feel better and know that this trip will be a little less taxing on my body. I am hoping to cross the 200 barrier (or close to it) for my December trip.

Keep it up everybody! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

pjulie75

I have been just on my Wiifit and have lost 5 lbs:), I am hoping to lose 14 lbs so on my way hopefully to lose a further 9 lbs. Everyone seems to be doing great, we all have our little slip ups, but back on the diet wagon and Disney here I come, 62 days and counting.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

petersenjp

170....5 more pounds to go, and I am sure its going to be about the hardest 5 ever! :ROFLOL:Well, just remember, when hitting the wall, change up your diet and exercise!!! Your body hits walls when either its so use to the diet and exercise, it just knows how to burn the calories through the day to maintain, or you are at your lowest healthy weight.

Upvote 0

Tater48

Last year when I went to Disneyland, I was 350 lbs. and I was miserable. I hurt from the walking, was sweating profusely, chaffing and didn't really want to be in any pictures. I vowed I would get down to a more reasonable weight, if only to enjoy my Disney trips more.

I'm 2.5 weeks out from WDW and down to 280 lbs. It has been really, really hard, but I do feel better and know that this trip will be a little less taxing on my body. I am hoping to cross the 200 barrier (or close to it) for my December trip.

70 pounds!!! That is OUTSTANDING. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

WOW! That is just great! Have a wonderful trip.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

OK, we are starting a new week. Let's all get pumped to lose some weight! I have been eating fruit most all day, along with a little turkey. It was a little rough when the kids came home but I made it through it. I had a salad for dinner with the dressing on the side. I have found that I don't use hardly any when I do this.

Tomorrow is another day, and it will be a good one. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

OK, we are starting a new week. Let's all get pumped to lose some weight! I have been eating fruit most all day, along with a little turkey. It was a little rough when the kids came home but I made it through it. I had a salad for dinner with the dressing on the side. I have found that I don't use hardly any when I do this.

Tomorrow is another day, and it will be a good one. :)

True...and great attitude!!

Upvote 0

petersenjp

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!! I started of sunday with a 13.11 mile run!!!!! First time ever at that distance. I am now 100% sure I can complete the Disney half marathon, plus the couple I have signed up for before. I am sitting at 170, and to be honest, very happy with that weight!

Good luck to everyone!!!! And I love this thread!!!

Upvote 0

petersenjp

Well, the training season is in full effect. This Saturday I have a 10k, which is a time trail for my Disney half!!! I have hit my wall at 170lbs, but maybe a little speed race this Saturday will jump start the pounds again!! Hope everyones goals are coming along!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom