Dieting for Disney 2009

figmentisgreat

Hey All! :wave:

Some of you may remember a fantastic thread a while back, Dieting for Disney 2009...well, I'm bringing it back!

Last time we did this, I actually held myself accountable for what I ate and successfully dropped the pounds that I wanted to get rid off...well, some of the pounds came back, and my trip is in 62 days! Sooo, Let's do this again!

Reply back with your trip date, your goal to lose, how will losing this weight help you on your trip (more self confidence, etc.), and how you are planning to lose the weight/tone up (exercise, eat less, weight watchers, no dessert, etc.)

Then, we can talk to each other about how we are doing and share tips!

So, whaddya think?? I'll start -

My trip is May 26, I want to lose 15 pounds (I understand that might not be possible, but I want it to be something like that) I want to feel more self confident and be able to take pictures without worrying that I will look bad because of my weight, and finally, I am planning on going to the gym more and reducing the amount of junk food I eat. I am going to try to stick to a low calorie diet. Let's see how that works!!!

:wave: What a good idea!! If it helps , I found alot of my extra calories were in what I drank! In fact most were ! So I made the change to water instead, no more lattes! (even the sugar free ones:cry:) I'm a diabetic and have to watch my intake carefully. I did lose the extra 5 that I had gained and am back to 110 where I should be. And don't forget how much you walk at the World!

Upvote 0

sueuk

Yippee - just what I need! I got weighed 4 weeks ago before surgery and have been trying to lose weight since then, unfortunately I'm off work (back on Monday :() and haven't been moving around a lot - so have only lost 4lbs. I would like to lose 1.5 stones (21lbs) before WDW in Sept. I'll be following a Slimming World eating plan. We have another week holiday before then, in June - where a swimsuit will be required :rolleyes: (so liposuction may be a plan !!!)

Upvote 0

Tater48

Our trip starts on the 16th of May. To date, since January 1st, I have lost a total of 30 pounds, and my goal is to lose another 12 pounds before our trip, which will put me at the magic mark of 160 pounds. I have done this by mainly cutting out a lot of the carbs, not all of them, but a lot of them, and by just watching what I eat, when I eat and cutting down on the amount of calories that I am taking in each day. Have also incorporated a good bit of fresh fruits, chicken, turkey and fresh vegetables into my daily intake. Hit the treadmill 5 days a week, and hit the gym 3 days a week. I know I will probably put a couple of these pounds back on while at the world, but now that I have found something that works for me, I know I will be able to shed it afterwards.

Good luck everyone.

Upvote 0

momofnine

Some of you may remember a fantastic threat a while back, Dieting for Disney 2009...:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

:wave: Sorry, I found this too funny!! But I'm with ya on this, but I have a little more time, my trip isn't until next Dec. :xmas:

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Hi! This is just what I need. :ROFLOL: I just started back to the gym this week and I am NOT motivated at all. I have about 20 pounds to lose to be at my goal weight of 120, a healthy weight for me. I have just been in a funk and hopefully with Spring now here things will get better. :ROFLOL:

Our Disney trip is in Oct, but we are going on a different vacation in June so I have got to get ready for that.

Let's do this!!:D

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

Hey guys,

I'm on board! I just started weight watchers (yet again) a couple weeks ago and I'm doing well so far. The last couple times I did it, it was really difficult, but its been really easy this time so far. But, this last weekend may have been a bit of a set back since a friend was visiting and we went out having too much fun Saturday night! But I'm getting back on the ball.

My next trip starts April 30th and I don't have a number in mind for then. I just want to lose as much as possible since I figure the less I weigh, the easier all that walking will be. Plus I'm going to the water parks for the first time on this trip.

They say the more support you have the better your results so I'm all for getting on this bandwagon. Good luck everybody!

Upvote 0

figmentisgreat

Original Poster
Love the response, and congrats to everyone here that is losing weight already! Let's get pumped! I will be going to the gym today from like 1-2 o'clock - let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

momofnine

Awww... I liked it when it was a threat!!!:ROFLOL:

Have fun at the gym! I'm going to start walking with the kids. At our house, one trip around the loop is 1 mile, makes it easy to keep track of.
Good luck everyone. :wave:

Upvote 0

sueuk

Our trip starts on the 16th of May. To date, since January 1st, I have lost a total of 30 pounds, and my goal is to lose another 12 pounds before our trip, which will put me at the magic mark of 160 pounds. I have done this by mainly cutting out a lot of the carbs, not all of them, but a lot of them, and by just watching what I eat, when I eat and cutting down on the amount of calories that I am taking in each day. Have also incorporated a good bit of fresh fruits, chicken, turkey and fresh vegetables into my daily intake. Hit the treadmill 5 days a week, and hit the gym 3 days a week. I know I will probably put a couple of these pounds back on while at the world, but now that I have found something that works for me, I know I will be able to shed it afterwards.

Good luck everyone.
Well done on your fab weightloss! I hope mine goes half as well as that:wave:

Upvote 0

Auroragirl

I'd love to 'join' this threat.... I mean thread!!!!

Our trip is in September!!!!!!... although I have a wedding I'm in in July :lookaroun

My goal is to drop 30 pounds. I want to, overall, be healthier. And feel better about myself. I biggest fear is to get to WDW and not fit in the seats..... :eek: I know thats really unlikly (I hope) but that has always been a fear of mine!

I plan on working out with some videos I have here; doing LOTS of walking and outside play with my kids - especially since the weather here is so nice. Eat lots more veggies/fruits at each meal.

Upvote 0

epcotWSC

Once the weather warms up I'm going to start running again. I don't care to lose pounds (I like my numerical weight just fine), just to lose some of that winter fat and gain some muscle :).

Upvote 0
Hey! This is a really neat threa(t)d! :p I'm trying to lose about 40lbs before I go to WDW again. (November..my birthday!) I'm also trying to lose it for this summer, and because I'm so doughy. UGH!

I'm writing down everything I eat/drink in a journal, and I'm alternating going outside and being active and exercising inside throughout the week. I've cut out anything but water to drink, and I'm using smaller plates so I don't eat as much. (smaller portions, etc..)

I'm finding it really really hard to go outside though in the VERY WINDY weather up here in Maine. I need to motivate myself!!

I don't own a scale, so I can't weigh myself, but I have a pair of "goal jeans" in my drawer that I will try on at the end of each month..:lookaroun

Good luck to all!!! :D

Upvote 0

disneyliv85

Great idea!!

Lets see - my trip begins on May 11 and I would like to lose 10lbs. I was down to my goal weight after baby and then the holidays and winter hit. Oy! I will be walking lots outside with baby in stroller, chasing the little one around! and doing some aerobics inside. I will probably force myself to lift weights once in a while even though I hate it! I hope to be healthier and look good in a swim suit so I can take full advantage of the pool :D Oh, and of course I want to set a good example to my lovely daughter so she can lead a full and healthy life.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

My trip isn't til October but I am telling myself I want to get nice and lean for the summer. What has really kicked me into gear is that I've decided to do a 5K race, hopefully in mid-May. I was able to run a mile in 10 minutes one day and I hit 3 miles in 35 minutes. I've been "training" since the end of February but I've been eating better since January 1st. I am using the New York City Ballet workout when I don't hit the treadmill, and that is a fantastic workout! Hopefully as the weather gets a pinch warmer, DH and I will head over to a nearby practice track. That's the good thing about living near a college. :)

I don't have a "goal weight" I mainly just want tone in the hips and legs region. :D Good thing is, clothes that I didn't wear last year actually fit me better now!

Good luck to everyone!

Upvote 0

figmentisgreat

Original Poster
Here is my plan for today:
Breakfast - Egg white omelette with peppers, onions, and broccolli
Green tea with honey
Snack - 2 pieces of fruit
Lunch - Salad
Snack - 2 pieces of fruit
Dinner - Salad
Whole wheat grilled flatbread sandwich with turkey, a little cheese, a
little thousand island dressing, and black olives
Dessert - 1/2 cup vanilla fat free frozen yogurt with a little bit of chocolate
chips.

If I can stick by it, I will be shocked! Wish me luck!

Upvote 0
Good luck to all and count me on board. Our WDW visit begins May 23rd and I'd like to lose 15 lbs by then. If not, 10 lbs would be great. We will be spending a day at Typhoon Lagoon for the first time which is my main motivation though I'd love to get into some of my comfortable walking shorts of year's past. My DS is almost 15 and is doing track and field at school so he's a great motivator. We walk at our local equestrian center a couple days a week (weather permitting) and I do the exercise bike as needed. My friend is on the low carb diet and she and I use our lunch hours to bargain shop instead of going to restaurants. So far so good. Can't wait to follow everyone's progress.

Upvote 0

michelemily

trip in june

my trip is in june and i could stand to lose 35 pounds but will be happy with 15. i just finished the biggest loser 30 day weight loss diet (new book) and although i only lossed 4 pounds on it, i dropped a size and am very toned up top and in my upper midsection...so i am doing it again b/c the food plan was fantastic and the exercise program was great....i am exercising 6 days a week on it....and will be on the eliptical today after work for 45 minutes......good luck to everyone......

Upvote 0

pjulie75

Now I better just put down this chocolate I am about to eat and think about Disney in shorts and the photographs that I always see fault with!!:p I am hoping to lose 14 lbs before our 14 day trip on 25 June. I am going to do this by putting a lock on the fridge (I wish I could), I have treats in the house for the kids and need my husband to hide them, I can't help helping myself when they are at school!! Going to go swimming and use the WiiFit more often to try and tone up. Then have a total blow out at DISNEY.:sohappy: 91 days and counting..................

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom