Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

TheKeeler7

My OMG moment was this past Jan. the DW and I were watching our DS's (13,9,7,5) and DD(11) from the side opposite the slide at the OKW pool. A women in her mid 20's came down the slide and had a "wardrobe malfunction". which I know happens, but she never notice nor did her husband who stood and talked to her before she climbed out and went back up the stairs to the slide still hanging out. Finally as she landed in the pool the second time the life guard spoke up. As I told my wife "Thats not somthing you see at Disney everyday"

A little side note on the bathroom subject, we had a local business get their Patriots Season Tickets revoked after 20 years because a guest of theirs used the womens room instead of waiting in line.

lilclerk

A friend of mine used to work in a large highstreet store in a pretty rough area. Parents used to take their kids into the changing rooms to leave little presents because the toilets were too far away.
I worked in a department store and I'd find dirty diapers in our fitting rooms ALL THE TIME. And the bathroom was seriously right next door.

Once I saw a lady come in with a kid who had apparently wet himself, she left him in a changing room, went out and bought him new pants, changed him in the room and left his wet pants for me to clean up. At least she bought the pants, I guess...

So glad I'm out of retail. :mad:

Ena 52299

A few years ago my DH and I were traveling around World Showcase and stopped near the bathrooms in Morocco and were standing outside talking and dad and his 3 little boys walked near us and then the 3 little boys ran out into the grass about 20 feet from where we were standing and were peeing on the palm tress!!! OMG.. we were in shock! I could hear the dad laughing and saying something in a foreign language so I walked over and pointed to the BATHROOMS that were just a few feet away. He pretended to not know what in the world I was pointing at. :hammer:
I'm sorry, but no matter where you are from just because you don't speak English does not mean your excused from having manners here in the USA. :brick: This was too funny to not share! :ROFLOL:

Wilt Dasney

Just look at it this way...if people didn't do ridiculously inconsiderate and disgusting things at Disney World, this thread would be very boring. :shrug:

Elonwy

I agree. I don't mind corporeal punishment, I used it raising my kids, but never in anger.... And never in public. That shames the kid and hurts it's self image. Not to mention making everyone else uncomfortable.

I've never seen corporal punishment used NOT in anger...so you use it in happiness?

disneymonger

Hungry??

Let me first say that my complaint is solely based on the level of uncomfortableness it caused me when the event happened...while I know it's natural.

So I'm in Philharmagic right...there is a woman sitting directly next to me with a two year old boy, her husband, and another child. The show starts, she whips out a b:hurl::hurl:b and starts breastfeeding her two year old during the show!!! I had to hear and see some strange person's b:hurl::hurl:b during the entire show!! It was a big Don't Do it Gal!! I know a kid's gotta eat but c'mon now, go into a bathroom or rest area and do that - NOT on a ride directly next to a poor guest!! People skills guys, people skills.

Vomit! :brick:

abug'saunt

First off, I feel for that little boy. I know (and remember) the sting of a belt. Never had a belt whoppin' in public. And I also have a good relationship with my mom (who gave me the whoopin').

That said, the most embarassing thing that happened to our family actually happened to my mom. It was last year, DHS, at Sounds Dangerous. We go in and sit down approx. in the middle of the middle row. The lady in the front does her spiel and the show starts. The show ends and we are standing up and putting away the earphones. I look at mom who hasn't really moved since we went in. I asked her what she thought and she looked at me funny and said it was horrible. Turns out she didn't hear about the headphones and just sat there quietly until it was over, causing the rest of us to laugh. She laughs now but she was really embarassed especially when it became obvious it wasn't just our family giggling. She got really huffy and wouldn't talk about it the rest of the day. Now when we talk about that trip, we refer to that incident as the "Mom needed a nap :animwink: :animwink:" show. We did ask why she didn't try to get my attention to help her as I was the one sitting next to her. She said she kept waiting for something to happen and didn't notice the earphones.....

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
First, my story. I, too, puked at WDW. It was right before Fantasmic and I could tell that I had to get to a bathroom fast for fear of un-eating what I ate, but couldn't make it. I ran over to the bushes and puked all over, including all over the windbreaker I was wearing. The great part about this story is that my windbreaker could be zipped inside of itself so it could form a small pouch, which is what I did. As soon as it was done, my family and I, complete with puked in pouch, left and I proceded to get sick on the way home, to... bad day.

Regarding the whole bathroom thing: Mens' rooms are for men. Womens' rooms are for women. Common sense wins!

jonnyc

There is a half-way house version of the unisex bathroom at a McDonalds in Birmingham in England. The toilet areas are separte, but the sinks and mirrors are together.

I only think other genders bathrooms should be used in emergancys, and i do think a man going into the womens bathroom would cause more trouble then the other way round. A couple of years ago, I once went into a empty womens bathroom at the Sports Hall at our school because the mens was locked. I was shocked by how nicer it was!

PirateTreasure2

I love reading those threads where we talk about what is your favorite, most disgusting, most embarrasing, most magical (etc.) moments in Disney World. I thought I would start a similar type of thread.

Have you ever seen somebody do anything in Disney World so outrageous, so jaw-dropping, and so out there that literally stopped you in your tracks and made you ask yourself if you really saw what you just saw (good or bad)?

One situation that comes to mind for me happened in March 2007. My wife and I were returning to the Contemporary resort via the monorail after a full day at Epcot. While waiting in line for a monorail, there was a family of four a few spots in front of us (Mom, Dad, Boy - 9ish, Girl - 5ish). Well, the older boy was leaning on the metal chains. The Mom asked him to stop. He did for all of 10 seconds and then proceeded to lean on the chains again. Well, the Mom did not appreciate it much. She proceeded to take off her belt, yell at her son that she had enough, and began whipping the boy with the belt right there in front of everyone. You could tell who wore the pants in the family because the Dad was looking away trying to ignore the whole thing. While this was going on (throughout the 4-5 lashes lovingly bestowed on the Boy), the little girl was singing happily that her brother was getting the belt. Are there people out there really like that? Did I really just see that?

Talk about making everyone on the plaform feel uncomfortable, not to mention how awful we all felt for the Boy, who was hysterically crying. A man standing next to them told her to stop, and she then lashed out verbally at the man to mind his own business. And wouldn't you know it? They sat in the same car as us.

(off topic - has there ever been a thought of opening an additonal forum for these types of "favorite" posts so we don't have to sift through multiple pages in the General Discussion forum?)
I was gonna make a child abuse in WDW thread but this was funny!!!

eliezrah

One situation that comes to mind for me happened in March 2007. My wife and I were returning to the Contemporary resort via the monorail after a full day at Epcot. While waiting in line for a monorail, there was a family of four a few spots in front of us (Mom, Dad, Boy - 9ish, Girl - 5ish). Well, the older boy was leaning on the metal chains. The Mom asked him to stop. He did for all of 10 seconds and then proceeded to lean on the chains again. Well, the Mom did not appreciate it much. She proceeded to take off her belt, yell at her son that she had enough, and began whipping the boy with the belt right there in front of everyone. You could tell who wore the pants in the family because the Dad was looking away trying to ignore the whole thing. While this was going on (throughout the 4-5 lashes lovingly bestowed on the Boy), the little girl was singing happily that her brother was getting the belt. Are there people out there really like that? Did I really just see that?

Talk about making everyone on the plaform feel uncomfortable, not to mention how awful we all felt for the Boy, who was hysterically crying. A man standing next to them told her to stop, and she then lashed out verbally at the man to mind his own business. And wouldn't you know it? They sat in the same car as us.
I'm Scott's DW... I was in so much shock seeing her beat her son like that? But, OMG, that family was HORRIBLE! That poor boy was so mortified. All he did was shake the chain I was holding onto and it didn't bother me one bit that he was doing that!

Let me first say that my complaint is solely based on the level of uncomfortableness it caused me when the event happened...while I know it's natural.

So I'm in Philharmagic right...there is a woman sitting directly next to me with a two year old boy, her husband, and another child. The show starts, she whips out a bb and starts breastfeeding her two year old during the show!!! I had to hear and see some strange person's bb during the entire show!! It was a big Don't Do it Gal!! I know a kid's gotta eat but c'mon now, go into a bathroom or rest area and do that - NOT on a ride directly next to a poor guest!! People skills guys, people skills.

Vomit!
Don't get me started on breastfeeding in public.... Nursing a 2 year old, I agree with you on, but not nursing in public in general. You wouldn't want to eat in the bathroom so don't ask a nursing mom to feed her hungry child in a bathroom. *stepping off my podium now!* LOL

JDM

Regarding the whole bathroom thing: Mens' rooms are for men. Womens' rooms are for women. Common sense wins!

Thank you! Simple and true.

...what I am talking about is the posts I've read about 'everyone being foreign' and about British people and the like in this post in particular that I find shocking! I love this forum, but for people who adore the happiest place on earth, it seems we only want people who enjoy the happiness to be 'polite' Americans!

First, I personally was only responding to the incidents that OTHERS posted (for instance, post #124). The non-foreign ones are equally bad, as I mentioned. Second, I have vacationed among Brits many times and found them to be delightful and friendly. Third, yes I would like Disney visitors to be POLITE. Don't care where they live.

Didn't all this start with a comment about women using the mens room? Seems like an awful big leap to go from that discussion to pottying in public.
Perhaps, but again, OTHERS brought up the public-pooping thing. Admittedly, it's no fun to talk about! :eek:

After reading some of your posts in another thread concerning your feelings of the French and Michael Jackson, frankly you humor me and disgust me in the same breathe.

Hey, nice research! But defending the French AND Michael Jackson?
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Well....I guess there's always Disneyland PARIS. Enjoy!:kiss:

Bottom line: the behavior described in the most extreme of these incidents is rude, thoughtless and downright wrong. Doesn't matter where you're from. If some folks don't get that, then......:brick:

devoy1701

so, to post on the thread inside the thread...

bathrooms...

a Men's Room is a Men's Room is a Men's Room

If you really have an emergency...then ok, it'll slide.

But if you're at the Jimmy Buffett concert and you're wasted/high or both and you decided to come use the men's room cuz the lady's room had a line half way down the amphitheater concourse....all the while you're being very loud and laughing and stumbling....then yes I'm going to be very annoyed that you thought you had the right to encroach in our space.

There's a reason there are two seperate rooms.... I'm sorry that ladies need to go in a group and gossip and freshen up when they go in the bathroom which makes the whole experience about 10 minutes longer than then need to be.

A public bathroon is simple...get in, get out, get on with your life. (chili's slogen too :D) Guys have it down pat. Don't hate us for mastering the technique of using public restrooms and our ability to keep the line moving at a steady pace...

I think the mods should edit all these bathroom posts into a new Bathroom thread...

PhilharMagician

For the record, it's true that lack of consideration knows no boundaries.

It's also true that Americans who engage in this behavior are just as rude, if not more so, than their foreign counterparts by virtue of the fact that they are Americans and should know our morals and standards better in the first place .

But, it's also true that a great many (if not the majority) of the incidents in this thread seem to have been committed by foreign visitors. So that's what I addressed.

Forgive my passion, but it's very tiresome to keep hearing that "Americans should just get over it". That's a great excuse for continuing the cycle of inappropriate-ness (if that's even a word).

I agree with Martins response.

OI!

wvdisneyfamily

so, to post on the thread inside the thread...

bathrooms...

a Men's Room is a Men's Room is a Men's Room

If you really have an emergency...then ok, it'll slide.

But if you're at the Jimmy Buffett concert and you're wasted/high or both and you decided to come use the men's room cuz the lady's room had a line half way down the amphitheater concourse....all the while you're being very loud and laughing and stumbling....then yes I'm going to be very annoyed that you thought you had the right to encroach in our space.

There's a reason there are two seperate rooms.... I'm sorry that ladies need to go in a group and gossip and freshen up when they go in the bathroom which makes the whole experience about 10 minutes longer than then need to be.

A public bathroon is simple...get in, get out, get on with your life. (chili's slogen too :D) Guys have it down pat. Don't hate us for mastering the technique of using public restrooms and our ability to keep the line moving at a steady pace...

I think the mods should edit all these bathroom posts into a new Bathroom thread...

Potty humor...

kstella

In defense of us women...the fact that we need extra mirror and sink time does not slow down the flow of traffic into the stalls. The whole process after we enter the stall generally takes more time for a woman than a man due to anitomical and clothing differences. Also, admit it guys, who generally ends up taking the little ones into the bathroom with them???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom