Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

Ilovewishes

What a coincidence...When I was in DL pushing a stroller, I kept getting ignorant people in their own little worlds, wandering aimlessly stepping right in front of me making it incredibly hard to not hit them in the ankle... Strangest part was they looked at me rudely as if I should be sorry for their inconsideration. :shrug:

With all due respect, and not saying that you are one of them, it does seem that alot of people with strollers (or pushchairs in general) think that they should be given right of way and tend to just steamroll over people. I've had it happen even out of WDW when I'm just shopping. It's so annoying! They've even managed to clip my dog before now too!

Yankeeplex

My moment is of my 36 year old brother in law who preceded to have a full out argument against my wife and his wife. The argument...why can't he ride in the front of the monorail (there were 10 of us and if you know the front of the monorail it seats less than 10). I finally threatened to throw him over the balcony if he doesn't act like a rational adult. This, of course, happened when the park was closing and there were probably a few thousand people to witness it.

Kelsybelle

With all due respect, and not saying that you are one of them, it does seem that alot of people with strollers (or pushchairs in general) think that they should be given right of way and tend to just steamroll over people. I've had it happen even out of WDW when I'm just shopping. It's so annoying! They've even managed to clip my dog before now too![/quote]

How 'bout this one, I was hit and HARD too, while pushing my stroller by someone pushing a stroller and I didn't so much as get a "sorry!" They just kept on wheeling along off to strike their next victim! Oh and I've managed to crash into my own dog too!

kimmychad

Don't get me started on breastfeeding in public.... Nursing a 2 year old, I agree with you on, but not nursing in public in general. You wouldn't want to eat in the bathroom so don't ask a nursing mom to feed her hungry child in a bathroom. *stepping off my podium now!* LOL

don't they have baby care places in every park? yes a child has to eat, and i'm all for the nutrients it provides, but a mother walking down mainstreet with a kid hanging off a breast is a bit much.

Kelsybelle

don't they have baby care places in every park? yes a child has to eat, and i'm all for the nutrients it provides, but a mother walking down mainstreet with a kid hanging off a breast is a bit much.

It's by The Crystal Palace and it even has a private room for nursing mother's. Why anyone wouldn't use it is beyond me!

gettingsmaller

On the breastfeeding...
1) I doubt that most park visitors have any idea about special places for breastfeeding...

2) Discretely done, it doesn't bother me at all. I could even deal with non-discrete if i had to, but I guess my point is that a cloth diaper or something can be used to cover the baby and the breast, and--unless you're just nosy or TRYING to be disturbed--there's really nothing to be concerned about.

3) When we were going through the whole birthing thing, we were told that the world's AVERAGE age for weaning was FIVE YEARS OLD. Now, five years seems too old to me, but just think if that is the AVERAGE. "Average" means that there are some lower and some HIGHER. Wow. I guess part of it is necessity, though. If you live in a place without Gerbers, what are you gonna do?

Kelsybelle

On the breastfeeding...
1) I doubt that most park visitors have any idea about special places for breastfeeding...

2) Discretely done, it doesn't bother me at all. I could even deal with non-discrete if i had to, but I guess my point is that a cloth diaper or something can be used to cover the baby and the breast, and--unless you're just nosy or TRYING to be disturbed--there's really nothing to be concerned about.

3) When we were going through the whole birthing thing, we were told that the world's AVERAGE age for weaning was FIVE YEARS OLD. Now, five years seems too old to me, but just think if that is the AVERAGE. "Average" means that there are some lower and some HIGHER. Wow. I guess part of it is necessity, though. If you live in a place without Gerbers, what are you gonna do?

Why wouldn't a park visitor know? I knew it was there even before I had a baby and needed it. It's WDW for goodness sake, it's a place for everyone and families, of course their would be a place for Moms' and Dads' to have a place to change and take care of baby business.
As for the nosy comment, I for one think that it's a wonderful bonding experience for a baby and Mom and it doesn't freak me out if I see it nor am I nosy looking to see it, I just feel that there is a nice, comfortable place to do it in. Get it? GOOD!

JenLUVSmickey

My, did I really just see that moment took place near the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was about 11pm and my friends and I were taking a swim and heard some moaning coming from behind the trees. Now remember we are at the Animal Kingdom Lodge so at first we couldn't figure out if someone was hurt or some animals were in heat. So this went on for a while and was getting louder and we kept hearing the garbage pale getting hit. It peaked our interests to find out what the heck was going on. We got out of the pool, took a walk over to the savannah and heard the noise by a path. So we followed the path around by a playground and there were 2 people doing the wild thing on top of the garbage. Come on now, your at a hotel already. Whats wrong with your room! :confused:

cpeterstx

My, did I really just see that moment took place near the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was about 11pm and my friends and I were taking a swim and heard some moaning coming from behind the trees. Now remember we are at the Animal Kingdom Lodge so at first we couldn't figure out if someone was hurt or some animals were in heat. So this went on for a while and was getting louder and we kept hearing the garbage pale getting hit. It peaked our interests to find out what the heck was going on. We got out of the pool, took a walk over to the savannah and heard the noise by a path. So we followed the path around by a playground and there were 2 people doing the wild thing on top of the garbage. Come on now, your at a hotel already. Whats wrong with your room! :confused:

Garbahumpamania - now only at Animal Kingdom Lodge! :lookaroun

Elonwy

Let me first say that my complaint is solely based on the level of uncomfortableness it caused me when the event happened...while I know it's natural.

So I'm in Philharmagic right...there is a woman sitting directly next to me with a two year old boy, her husband, and another child. The show starts, she whips out a b:hurl::hurl:b and starts breastfeeding her two year old during the show!!! I had to hear and see some strange person's b:hurl::hurl:b during the entire show!! It was a big Don't Do it Gal!! I know a kid's gotta eat but c'mon now, go into a bathroom or rest area and do that - NOT on a ride directly next to a poor guest!! People skills guys, people skills.

Vomit! :brick:

You should have just gestured to the free b:lookaroun:lookarounb and said, "Actually, I'm a bit hungry myself....do you mind?"

She would have at least changed seats but you may have to avoid security the rest of the day :lol:

Thessair

Why wouldn't a park visitor know? I knew it was there even before I had a baby and needed it. It's WDW for goodness sake, it's a place for everyone and families, of course their would be a place for Moms' and Dads' to have a place to change and take care of baby business.
As for the nosy comment, I for one think that it's a wonderful bonding experience for a baby and Mom and it doesn't freak me out if I see it nor am I nosy looking to see it, I just feel that there is a nice, comfortable place to do it in. Get it? GOOD!

I agree that it's maybe something they should know, since it's nice to have your bases covered when you're traveling with a baby, but expecting them to is an entirely different animal. Considering how difficult it is for a percentage of guests to even look at what time the parks close, this level of research seems above and beyond the work some people will do. Personally the sight of a breast is not going to cause me to go scurrying to the hills or start a religious crusade, but I think that folks should be aware of their surroundings and their options. And definitely good on you (please note that is not sarcasm) for knowing about it.

gettingsmaller

Jeepers. "Get it? GOOD!"? That's kind of snippy. You act like I was attacking you or something (when I wasn't even addressing you directly).
I had a nice response, but I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into the breastfeeding brawl...

mickeymatt

My OMG moment came this past December. I had just got off RNRC and still had about 10 min until I could use my TOT fastpass. I went and set on one of the stone benches they have by the entrance to Fantasmic's amphitheater. About the time I got my bottle of water and a granola bar out of my bag to have a little snack this woman comes up with a little girl who was probably 1 or 2. The woman proceeds to stand the child on the empty space next to me on the bench and strips the little girl down until she is naked. She than redresses the girl and promptly leaves. Leaving me in shock after what I saw. I really don't understand why the woman didn't walk to the bathroom by TOT. I mean it was only a few feet away. I still can't get over it!

Well as a parent I can say that it is much easier to change a 1 or 2 year old somewhere besides a dirty bathroom where they like to touch everything. Most bathrooms do not have an adequte place to change. That being said I would have tried to find a more inconspicuous space than right out there in the open. But even then I don't think it would have bothered me.

DisneyLeo18

well i was on my way to AK monday night and when we got there this family was trying to exit the bus the same time as me and my family. so trying to be polite i stopped and offered to let them go first. one of the younger girls (probably about 18 or so) said thank you, and noticing she had a birthday pin on i said "no problem, happy birthday by the way". and i guess since me being close to the girls age the mother for some reason thought i was flirting with her daughter and pointer her finger in my face and said "dont you talk to my daughter like shes a piece of meat!" oh well i guess trying to be nice isnt welcome in some parts.

then one family yelled at me and my family for stopping before getting to the end of the row in Muppets 3D. there was about 4 seats to the right but one was broken so we couldnt sit together, and since the show was only about half full or so we figured we could leave them. one family decided it was rude and had a few words on their way by. sure enough one of the kids found out the seat was broken the hard way. and i just looked over and smiled, some people need to relax on vacation :rolleyes:

J_Krafty24

..... right out there in the open. But even then I don't think it would have bothered me.

It would probably be a much better world if instead of people thinking "I'm going to do this - it won't bother me" they thought "hmmm, this will probably bother the people around me, maybe I should walk the extra 10 yards/wait the extra 10 minutes to do this."

Example - When I had a cold earlier this year whenver it was possible I would leave the room where everyone was working before blowing my nose. The rest of the office doesn't need to and probably doesn't want to hear a foghorn coming out of my head.

MickeyMatt - You mentioned that you would first look for a more inconspicuous location so this is not directed at you. You just happened to say the phrase that made it pop into my head. This is directed at all the nameless people whom the stories in this thread are about.

eliezrah

In defense of us women...the fact that we need extra mirror and sink time does not slow down the flow of traffic into the stalls. The whole process after we enter the stall generally takes more time for a woman than a man due to anitomical and clothing differences. Also, admit it guys, who generally ends up taking the little ones into the bathroom with them???
In my DH's defense, he took our DD with him as often, if not more often, than I did when we took the kids to WDW.

Yes they do have baby care areas, and if I ever took my breastfed baby to WDW I'd try to get there to nurse. But if you're on the other side of the park (the baby care areas are usually near the front) and your baby is screaming to eat, you have to feed them. I do have to say I've seen moms be less than discrete while nursing in public. I always make sure to be as discrete as possible when I do it and no one can even tell what I'm doing, let alone see anything. If it's done discretely, then the only way to see anything is if you are staring right at the . No one stares when a baby is bottle fed so why should they stare when a baby is nursed? (Not that I'm saying you specifically, I mean people in general).

Ewwwwww! And on top of the garbage as well... how romantic... NOT!

krankenstein

Well as a parent I can say that it is much easier to change a 1 or 2 year old somewhere besides a dirty bathroom where they like to touch everything. Most bathrooms do not have an adequte place to change. That being said I would have tried to find a more inconspicuous space than right out there in the open. But even then I don't think it would have bothered me.

You would really strip your kid completely naked right next to someone who is occupying the bench you are using? On top of that you have no clue who that person is from the man in the moon. There are pedifiles at WDW believe it or not. I would try to take my child to a more private area for said child's own protection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom