Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

WildLodgeFan

A friend of mine used to work in a large highstreet store in a pretty rough area. Parents used to take their kids into the changing rooms to leave little presents because the toilets were too far away.

YIKES! Talk about taking lazy too far! Mother of Pearl, is the world going crazy? :shrug:

Iknewagirlnamed

As for more :eek: moments that I've seen other people do at WDW...well, there are too many to list. As a CM on Main Street and in the Jungle, I've seen more than my fair share of excitement. My favorite was getting slugged by an angry father while doing parade duty -- I asked him to move away from the construction on centre street (he was blocking traffic) -- he called me a "dolphin f#$%er" (whatever that means) then socked me in the face. Broke my glasses and knocked me out cold -- I apparently went down like a wet towel. What can I say, I'm a wuss!

Cheers,
Josh
PLEASE tell me that that horrible person was arrested and ejected from the park! :mad:

imamouse

As for more :eek: moments that I've seen other people do at WDW...well, there are too many to list. As a CM on Main Street and in the Jungle, I've seen more than my fair share of excitement. My favorite was getting slugged by an angry father while doing parade duty -- I asked him to move away from the construction on centre street (he was blocking traffic) -- he called me a "dolphin f#$%er" (whatever that means) then socked me in the face. Broke my glasses and knocked me out cold -- I apparently went down like a wet towel. What can I say, I'm a wuss!

Cheers,
Josh

OMG - I am so sorry that this happened to you. Since you were knocked out, did anyone else do anything to detain your attacker? Perhaps another CM witnessed your attack and summoned security? I hope this jerk was banned from WDW for life!

maryszhi

I've seen some toilet cubicals known as two-bicals. basically, one cubical, two toilets. The idea is that you can keep chatting to your friends without having a wall between you.
i had that happen once. i walked into the bathroom, saw two toliets, got confused and left since there was no way to lock it. it was at a really nice rest. i still dont get it

maryszhi

OMG - I am so sorry that this happened to you. Since you were knocked out, did anyone else do anything to detain your attacker? Perhaps another CM witnessed your attack and summoned security? I hope this jerk was banned from WDW for life!
i know, thats horrible. at my friends hs graduation last friday, i got pushed, and then punched for takeing the best seats, which i did have a ticket for. i was knocked out, i honestly cant remember the graduation,but my friend,my parents, and my friends family can, they caught it on tape.

JDM

Did I say American's are the problem? Please don't project that you represent what an American is please. As you're projecting arrogance, ignorance and intolerance.

And please don't insinuate that I'm making a stance that public urination, child and arranged marriages for 12 year olds are acceptable.
Before you continue making petty speculations and putting words in peoples posts, step back and be a little more accepting on people and cultures that aren't hung up on the human body as only sexual and people's desire to not put chemicals under one's arms so YOU don't have to smell the natural aroma of humans as a being anything less than what you deem respectful.

Again, not trying to drift or debate here but the soap boxes around here getting freaking big at times... :rolleyes:

Sorry, but when other countries start being more accepting of American culture, then perhaps I'll return the favor.

That being said, when I am traveling to another country, I always endeavor to conform to THEIR customs and acceptable bahavior. Why shouldn't I expect the same from foreign visitors (not to mention those living in our OWN country).

And hygiene is hygiene. "You don't #@$! where you eat", as the saying goes.

But, if some people want to think that public "elimination" habits are fine and dandy, then there's nothing I can do to change that.
But, it's still wrong and I don't have to like it and I SURE don't have to put up with it --especially at Disney.

PhilharMagician

This all reminds me of a funny non-Disney story. I was at a trade show in New Jersey and was in the bathroom. Well I was finished and washing my hands and I could here some guy talking on his cell phone in one of the stalls. Next thing you hear in a rather loud and very concerned voice is him say to the person on the end of the cell conversation "I gotta go! I need both hands!". :eek: I looked at the person standing next to me at the sinks and grabbed a paper towel and literally ran out. All I could think of is this cannot be good.

PhilharMagician

Yeah.....you're right. Americans are the problem. Let's adopt 'foreign' standards for everything. Public urination (etc)......walking around nude everywhere.....child .......arranged marriages for 12-year olds.....lack of basic human hygiene........
Good times!

Sorry, but when other countries start being more accepting of American culture, then perhaps I'll return the favor.

That being said, when I am traveling to another country, I always endeavor to conform to THEIR customs and acceptable bahavior. Why shouldn't I expect the same from foreign visitors (not to mention those living in our OWN country).

And hygiene is hygiene. "You don't #@$! where you eat", as the saying goes.

But, if some people want to think that public "elimination" habits are fine and dandy, then there's nothing I can do to change that.
But, it's still wrong and I don't have to like it and I SURE don't have to put up with it --especially at Disney.

You might want to start right at home about these problems and stop blaming people visiting from other countries. All the problems you listed are very prevelant right here in this country.

I aggree with your ideals, but not with your blame.

Pluto'sGrl

At MNSSHP Halloween night 07, we witnessed a beating by the underpass between Fantasyland and Lib Square. We were standing by the restrooms behind PP'sFlight taking turns in the restroom when we heard a middle aged woman yelling "take me home!". She did not appear to be hurt and at no point in time did she try to run away from him nor did he try to keep her there. She then began kicking her husband in the shins and thighs (I'm assuming it was her husband as he remained very calm and did not seem surprised by her behavior). When a few kicks were not successful she began clawing and trying to choke him. He calmly removed her several times and began to walk away. We notified security and they followed the couple...hopefully out of the park. I don't know what preceeded this event or what came after it...but the 5 minute snapshot my husband, myself, and the small crowd that gathered witnessed was shocking. Plus, it all took place right next to cinderella's coach where all these adorable mini princesses were taking photos.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah.....you're right. Americans are the problem. Let's adopt 'foreign' standards for everything. Public urination (etc)......walking around nude everywhere.....child .......arranged marriages for 12-year olds.....lack of basic human hygiene........
Good times!
OI! :fork:

Anyway, back to the OT....

JDM

You might want to start right at home about these problems and stop blaming people visiting from other countries. All the problems you listed are very prevelant right here in this country.

I aggree with your ideals, but not with your blame.

For the record, it's true that lack of consideration knows no boundaries.

It's also true that Americans who engage in this behavior are just as rude, if not more so, than their foreign counterparts by virtue of the fact that they are Americans and should know our morals and standards better in the first place .

But, it's also true that a great many (if not the majority) of the incidents in this thread seem to have been committed by foreign visitors. So that's what I addressed.

Forgive my passion, but it's very tiresome to keep hearing that "Americans should just get over it". That's a great excuse for continuing the cycle of inappropriate-ness (if that's even a word).

krankenstein

My OMG moment came this past December. I had just got off RNRC and still had about 10 min until I could use my TOT fastpass. I went and set on one of the stone benches they have by the entrance to Fantasmic's amphitheater. About the time I got my bottle of water and a granola bar out of my bag to have a little snack this woman comes up with a little girl who was probably 1 or 2. The woman proceeds to stand the child on the empty space next to me on the bench and strips the little girl down until she is naked. She than redresses the girl and promptly leaves. Leaving me in shock after what I saw. I really don't understand why the woman didn't walk to the bathroom by TOT. I mean it was only a few feet away. I still can't get over it!

WhatJaneSays

This seems to happen to me a lot with the huge South American tour groups. I throw out a few "choice words" after telling them "estamos en linea aqui" (we're in line) if they don't seem to get the idea. They always seem so shocked because I'm about as Irish pale as you can get and apparently it's some sort of sacrilege for me to know their language.;)

Last year we were in line for Pirates. I walked over to the fountain to fill the bottle (like 5-6 feet away) while the line was at a stand still. My husband bent over to tie his shoes. These two people that spoke French went from the very back of the line (at least 45 people) and got in line in front of my husband. There wasn't a big gap or anything between him and the next person in front on him. It was just normal line spacing so I guess they kind of shoved their way in. If I remember his story correctly, they almost knocked him down. I walked back from the water fountain and saw what they had done. I was angry to say the least. Several of us decided we weren't going to tolerate their rude behavior. This seems somewhat childish now that I look back, but I'm still glad we did it. Anyway, this family behind us was really angry, too. Once we got inside the building and into the narrow corridors, we worked our way back in front of the cutters. The five of us made a line and blocked them from cutting in front of us again. Believe me they tried, too. I felt bad at first because I thought maybe they didn't understand English, but they did. They would switch back and forth between English and French. They were saying rude things about us in French. As my husband and I were about to board, I turned around and said "I speak French, too" in perfect French to them. Their faces were awesome! All of the those years of French in school finally paid off!

skellington216

My OMG moment mustt have been about 15 years ago, when my mom took my brothers and I. We were at the OUTDOOR 'rinse off' showers at one of the water parks (can't recall which) when a couple early 20's european girls popped off their tops and hopped under the water. Mothers everywhere tried to cover eyes, while fathers (and young boys like myself) stared on in amazement. Cast memebers appeared almost immediatley and were quite adament about getting those tops back on, but it took a few moments as the girls clearly did not speak english. Ahhh. Now thats a fond memory...

dopeylover

Wow, I am shocked

I have to say, for the first time I am shocked at the bigotry I am reading in this post! I am TOTALLY against child abuse, but what I am talking about is the posts I've read about 'everyone being foreign' and about British people and the like in this post in particular that I find shocking! I love this forum, but for people who adore the happiest place on earth, it seems we only want people who enjoy the happiness to be 'polite' Americans! Just had to throw that out there. I am a little disappointed. :veryconfu:(

Lisa77

Am i the only one reading this worried someone is going to write about them?:)

My son who is 3 was a complete grump on our first trip in April. He was just finishing up potty training so every time I took him to the bathroom he had a melt down in the stall about how he wasn't going to go. I swear people looked at me like I was beating him. If you heard us, I wasn't! I promise! I also wasn't doing anything to him except giving him a bath when he was screaming in the hotel room.

Overly stimulated and tired three year olds lead to a LOT of embarassing moments.

:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom