Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

Fun2BFree

In 2001, my five year old brother lifted Minnie's skirt during a meet and greet. You can guess that Minnie didn't take well to it. :lookaroun

wvdisneyfamily

I love reading those threads where we talk about what is your favorite, most disgusting, most embarrasing, most magical (etc.) moments in Disney World. I thought I would start a similar type of thread.

Have you ever seen somebody do anything in Disney World so outrageous, so jaw-dropping, and so out there that literally stopped you in your tracks and made you ask yourself if you really saw what you just saw (good or bad)?

One situation that comes to mind for me happened in March 2007. My wife and I were returning to the Contemporary resort via the monorail after a full day at Epcot. While waiting in line for a monorail, there was a family of four a few spots in front of us (Mom, Dad, Boy - 9ish, Girl - 5ish). Well, the older boy was leaning on the metal chains. The Mom asked him to stop. He did for all of 10 seconds and then proceeded to lean on the chains again. Well, the Mom did not appreciate it much. She proceeded to take off her belt, yell at her son that she had enough, and began whipping the boy with the belt right there in front of everyone. You could tell who wore the pants in the family because the Dad was looking away trying to ignore the whole thing. While this was going on (throughout the 4-5 lashes lovingly bestowed on the Boy), the little girl was singing happily that her brother was getting the belt. Are there people out there really like that? Did I really just see that?

Talk about making everyone on the plaform feel uncomfortable, not to mention how awful we all felt for the Boy, who was hysterically crying. A man standing next to them told her to stop, and she then lashed out verbally at the man to mind his own business. And wouldn't you know it? They sat in the same car as us.

(off topic - has there ever been a thought of opening an additonal forum for these types of "favorite" posts so we don't have to sift through multiple pages in the General Discussion forum?)

That's just insane! Poor kids...we need to keep them in our prayers. It's hard to tell what they live with at home. :(

wvdisneyfamily

Last year we were in line for Pirates. I walked over to the fountain to fill the bottle (like 5-6 feet away) while the line was at a stand still. My husband bent over to tie his shoes. These two people that spoke French went from the very back of the line (at least 45 people) and got in line in front of my husband. There wasn't a big gap or anything between him and the next person in front on him. It was just normal line spacing so I guess they kind of shoved their way in. If I remember his story correctly, they almost knocked him down. I walked back from the water fountain and saw what they had done. I was angry to say the least. Several of us decided we weren't going to tolerate their rude behavior. This seems somewhat childish now that I look back, but I'm still glad we did it. Anyway, this family behind us was really angry, too. Once we got inside the building and into the narrow corridors, we worked our way back in front of the cutters. The five of us made a line and blocked them from cutting in front of us again. Believe me they tried, too. I felt bad at first because I thought maybe they didn't understand English, but they did. They would switch back and forth between English and French. They were saying rude things about us in French. As my husband and I were about to board, I turned around and said "I speak French, too" in perfect French to them. Their faces were awesome! All of the those years of French in school finally paid off!

maryszhi

i remember when were on a bus and there was a girl with a very tight outfit on and makeup. a woman kept telling her she was very inappropriate and disrespectful names. parents yelled at her because her kids asked what the name was. i felt bad for the girl, that must of been hurtful

brich

When i was in dl tons of people hit me with theier strollers and didnt say anything i looked at them rudely and still nothing

What a coincidence...When I was in DL pushing a stroller, I kept getting ignorant people in their own little worlds, wandering aimlessly stepping right in front of me making it incredibly hard to not hit them in the ankle... Strangest part was they looked at me rudely as if I should be sorry for their inconsideration. :shrug:

PhilharMagician

My DW and I were sitting at the pool at the AKL and my DD was swimming. Then we hear a guy yelling for his daughter in spanish. She comes over and they start to argue for a moment and he is handing her clothes. So right there at the edge of the pool a girl about 13 Y/O strips completely out of her bikini, towels off, gets dressed and they leave. It caused quite a stir.

After EMH at Epcot we wereon probably the last bus back to Epcot for the night. It was myself, DW, DD, father and nephew. We were the only people on the bus, but the drivers was still waiting at the stop for any final stragglers. All of the sudden about 12 people (looked to be college students) get on the bus and they are trashed. They were looking to get to DTD and were told the SSR route was the best way. Well the bus starts moving and we find out that are bus is being driven by Hot Mama Mickey as she announced this to the party crowd. The driver was worse that the drunks and was getting them all fired up and my 5 Y/O DD was crying because she was scared with the noise. I asked the driver to calm down the situation and she said that this is the PI time of the night and that this is normal. Now my 62 Y/O father is about to go in the back of the bus and fight a dozen 20 Y/O football players to protect his grand daughter. We finally got to SSR and survived the bus ride from heII.

It stinks because this ruins it for the people that want to go to Epcot and have a few adult beverages.

maryszhi

My DW and I were sitting at the pool at the AKL and my DD was swimming. Then we hear a guy yelling for his daughter in spanish. She comes over and they start to argue for a moment and he is handing her clothes. So right there at the edge of the pool a girl about 13 Y/O strips completely out of her bikini, towels off, gets dressed and they leave. It caused quite a stir.

After EMH at Epcot we wereon probably the last bus back to Epcot for the night. It was myself, DW, DD, father and nephew. We were the only people on the bus, but the drivers was still waiting at the stop for any final stragglers. All of the sudden about 12 people (looked to be college students) get on the bus and they are trashed. They were looking to get to DTD and were told the SSR route was the best way. Well the bus starts moving and we find out that are bus is being driven by Hot Mama Mickey as she announced this to the party crowd. The driver was worse that the drunks and was getting them all fired up and my 5 Y/O DD was crying because she was scared with the noise. I asked the driver to calm down the situation and she said that this is the PI time of the night and that this is normal. Now my 62 Y/O father is about to go in the back of the bus and fight a dozen 20 Y/O football players to protect his grand daughter. We finally got to SSR and survived the bus ride from heII.

It stinks because this ruins it for the people that want to go to Epcot and have a few adult beverages.
this reminds me of a flight to orlando. my friends and i and my parents were all separated becuase united had it that way. this weired man took down an ENTIRE BOTTLE OF PEPTOBISMOL, and passed out. i freaked. thankfully an older gentleman offered to switch
ive never been in a situation like that ever
i still feel bad for the flight attenedent who had to wake him up when we got to orlando

WildLodgeFan

Last year we were in line for Pirates. I walked over to the fountain to fill the bottle (like 5-6 feet away) while the line was at a stand still. My husband bent over to tie his shoes. These two people that spoke French went from the very back of the line (at least 45 people) and got in line in front of my husband. There wasn't a big gap or anything between him and the next person in front on him. It was just normal line spacing so I guess they kind of shoved their way in. If I remember his story correctly, they almost knocked him down. I walked back from the water fountain and saw what they had done. I was angry to say the least. Several of us decided we weren't going to tolerate their rude behavior. This seems somewhat childish now that I look back, but I'm still glad we did it. Anyway, this family behind us was really angry, too. Once we got inside the building and into the narrow corridors, we worked our way back in front of the cutters. The five of us made a line and blocked them from cutting in front of us again. Believe me they tried, too. I felt bad at first because I thought maybe they didn't understand English, but they did. They would switch back and forth between English and French. They were saying rude things about us in French. As my husband and I were about to board, I turned around and said "I speak French, too" in perfect French to them. Their faces were awesome! All of the those years of French in school finally paid off!

We had this happen in 2000 in the Kali River Rapids - a huge group of brazilian soccer players decided they would have one person hold a place for them and they started pushing through the line to get to their party. Finally after the 2 or 3rd party of 2-3 went through my family (this was an extended family trip so there was about 12 of us) had finally had enough and wouldn't let them through. They weren't happy with us and grumbled quite a bit, but we finally stop the flood. I couldn't believe they felt it was appropriate to do that. Perhaps I can understand a parent with a child who had to step out of the line for a potty break, but not a group of young adults who should know better, no matter what country they come from.

WildLodgeFan

This reminds me off our Disney cruise in December at Castaway Cay - we had a group of ADULT women who changed into bathing suits in front of us - had sundresses on and we never saw any underwear come off :lookaroun OH MY! :eek:

Daneault

As my husband and I were about to board, I turned around and said "I speak French, too" in perfect French to them. Their faces were awesome! All of the those years of French in school finally paid off!

Lol! The same kind of thing happen to me a while ago. I was in queue for Rock & Roller and a young french couple in front of me and my girlfriend started to a have a pretty spicy discussion about there previous night. I will spare you the details (it is a disney board after all), but they talked about that particular subject for a good 20min. My girlfriend and I (both french canadian) were having the most difficult time not to start laughing.

Anyway, just before boarding the coaster, I couldn't resist anymore and I just ask them in french if that was there first time they at disney. They both answered "oui" and didnt seem to understand the implication of me being able to understand french.

After 10-20sec, the girl finnaly realising what i might heard, turned into the most pink/redish hue i ever seen in a human face.

The was the funniest RnRC ride ever :D

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I just remembered another thing that happened that really disturbed me a few years back. We were on the WDW railroad at MK and there was a family, I think they were British, that was sitting in front of us. The child was clearly about 4 years old - no longer a toddler, a "kid". Well the child was complaining about something to his mother and then she pulls him close and proceeds to lift her blouse and the kid began to breast feed. Now don't get me wrong, I think that it is the most natural thing in the world - FOR AN INFANT!!! Seriously - I was very disturbed by this and so was everyone around me. So wrong!

Not that I find this story funny - Ewww actually! But what strikes me funny is your tag line Brwneyedgirl72...
"Life is a banquet - and most poor suckers are starving to death!" :eek:

Now that got me laughing after reading your story! :lol::wave::ROFLOL::wave::lol:

raven

I've posted this one a couple of times in the past. Still sick and wrong:

Waiting in line outside of WOL (yes, there was a line to get in at one time) and a young girl walked up the hillside, lowered her pants, then proceeded to drop a BM on the hill...with her backside facing the crowd.

Evidently they didn't know there were bathrooms in the park.

Mine would be, and prepare yourself.... when I was about 12 we were in Pecos Bills sitting down to eat. A very large man had a toddler with him who was having a big crying fit. The man had no patience. The toddler was on the floor about 30 feet from the door - he was crying and refused to stand up. So.. the father then literally kicked him to make him move and continued kicking him until they were out the door. To this day, I don't know why nobody said anything. Maybe they were just aghast and frozen by what they were seeing.

That memory will never leave me.

WildLodgeFan

Mine would be, and prepare yourself.... when I was about 12 we were in Pecos Bills sitting down to eat. A very large man had a toddler with him who was having a big crying fit. The man had no patience. The toddler was on the floor about 30 feet from the door - he was crying and refused to stand up. So.. the father then literally kicked him to make him move and continued kicking him until they were out the door. To this day, I don't know why nobody said anything. Maybe they were just aghast and frozen by what they were seeing.

That memory will never leave me.

That's just awful! I can't imagine treating anyone or even an animal in such a manner.

cpeterstx

I'll share my story. My DW and I were walking in Epcot heading toward the Land Pavillion. A very hefty gentleman was walking toward us. As he approaches, he uses his finger to hold one of his nostrils closed and proceeds to blow a meteorite-sized chunck of booger out of his other nostril. :eek:

I was so shocked that before I could stop myself, I let out a big "Ewwwwwwwww". Well, he looked right at me and wiped his hand across his nose and wiped it on his pants and kept on walking.

My wife and I looked at each other and just started laughing. Now, everytime we walk in that general area, we shout "incoming!" at one another.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom