Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

eliezrah

My moment happened last November. My family and I were at the Osborne Lights, and I had sat down on a bench, to try and soak everything in. The snow had started, and a group of little kids were spinning around, trying to catch the flakes. Well, one of them wasn't paying attention, and then, WHAM! :hammer:A little girl had popped me across the face! I was very close to yelling something that sounds like, "What the duck!" :zipit: I knew she did it on accident, and I had a big red mark across my face for the rest of the night.
Did she at least apologize?

Swood35

^^^ Yeah, she apologized, and actually, her parents came over and apologized too! I thought that was a nice gesture. They came over, and we just laughed about the whole thing. :ROFLOL:

TigerLily_CM

Oh my gosh, I love this thread. :)

I have so many stories of seeing crazy things from working at WDW for 2 years.

I actually love the puking stories...I don't know why, I just do. Don't get me wrong I feel terrible for the people it happens to I guess I just know because I've been there (puked in a mall in front of a huge crowd at Christmas time once) but it's like I feel their pain and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that has done something like that.

I'll just start with one little story but might post some more later...

A man was walking toward the Cdn Pavilion (i worked outside at the woodcart) and he had a little girl over his shoulder. She was about 2 and right in front of the cart she hurled all down the back of her dad :hurl::hurl::hurl:

He calmly set her down and her mom came running up with a little boy around 4 or so and they all (even the puke covered dad) tried to calm the little girl down because she was crying.

The dad said that it even got in his underwear??!! So i grabbed a t shirt from my cart (one with a Cdn Flag and Pluto on it) and called up to the NW Mercantile shop...got the dad's size and asked them to run down a pair of shorts and gave them to the dad and pointed him to the nearest washroom.

I couldn't do much about the underwear but at least he didn't have to go around all day with puky clothes :lol:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Ok, I have a story also. When Pinkrose and I were in WDW for training in march we decided to stop at Aloha Isle for a dole whip float while we had some down time to explore the parks. Well we each got in a different line with about 4-5 ppl in front of us and there was a stroller sitting there with a young child that must have been about 3 in it and she was sleeping.

The stroller was a good 20 feet from the window at the stand and it was actually right in the middle of where everyone walks. There was a backpack and a couple of disney merchandise bags in it also. We thought this was rather odd that this childs parents would just leave her there like that. There was absolutely no one around this child. So we watched and waited to see if a parent showed up.

We stood in line a good 10 minutes watching over this child utterly amazed that someone would leave her there. We were about to tell a Castmember when low and behold I overhear the man and woman in front of me......laughing and whispering about how they left the child there in the middle of where everyone walks on purpose to see what everyones reaction would be.

I was so absolutely shocked that I literally shook my head to make sure I wasn't crazy. Elizabeth mouthed to me "what?" and I said back to her quietly..those are the parents. She was like are you kidding me and I said no. I told her what I heard after they left. Boy oh Boy let me tell you it's a good thing they left when they did because we were both so beyond angry that we wanted to tell them off. What total and utter idiots to leave your child unattended and so far away from you. Like it's a big joke. It would have been a big joke if someone in the large crowds of people who were weaving their way around that child in the stroller either pushed the stroller away or took something from it.

There were times you could barely see it from where I was standing because of all the people, they were in front of me paying no attention what so ever.

GRRRRRR some people should just be slapped!

Pam

Legacy

Can you believe it? At Disney? These weren't young kids either. Must have been late 20's earlier 30's. Other people witnessed this too and they were making comments and they didn't even care.

It doesn't surprise me.

Let me just say that the soundproof booths at DHS (Sounds Dangerous) are effective...

kimmychad

In my opinion,a swat on the butt is not what I was talking about .I am talking about taking off a belt and beating a kid for minutes like that lady did.
I am not claiming to be Mr. Perfect parent.I am not, but I dont hit my kids... sorry if that upsets anyone.

nope doesnt upset me at all, there are many ways to raise a child, and most would be considered ok.

LoriMistress

Back in Dec '07 DH and I was at MGM/DHS. While walking away from ST and passing Indiana Jones Stunt Show, there was this British man pushing a stroller with a boy who's probably about two. The kid is crying; probably because it was a the afternoon, and it was a bit warm (around high 70's that day), and probably needed a nap. Well, the dad/British man was so frustrated with the boy he decided to shake the stroller very hard--not only the stroller made a huge thud, but also made the boy fly out of the stroller!!! The boy probably fell about 2-3 feet away from the stroller, which made the boy cry even more. And at this point, the British guy starts yelling, cursing, screaming, etc. at this child because he's crying!!! He lifts the boy off the ground by his elbow and continues to curse at the boy.

Wow...that's all we could think of.

Nic4Mick

My moment happened just over 2 years ago. We had just got in the 60 minute line for Splash Mountain when a woman came over and stood her son, who we later found out was 11, in between us and the family in front. She told him to stay there and asked if we would watch him for her. We and the other family said sure, assuming she was going to the bathroom and would be back soon. After about half an hour she hadn't returned, and we were all getting concerned, we could hear the family in front talk among themselves about whether or not she was coming back. We got talking to the boy throughout the rest of the line (found out he'd earlier ridden SM on his own when he got separated from his family) and we got him to ride with us. He ended up really entertaining us the whole ride as he'd never been on before and was asking after every drop if that was it, and when we saw the photo, he had ducked under the seat so he wasn't in the photo at all, and we all had a good laugh. We stayed with him as we were leaving the area and told him we'd find a CM for him to talk to about finding his mum, when we spotted her already talking to one, describing her son. When he went over to her she blew up at him shouting "WHERE have you been? Do NOT say Splash!" We couldn't believe what we were hearing so my dad went to her and said "Hey look, he's been with us the whole time and he was as good as gold" The woman just grabbed the boy and dragged him away. We still talk about it today and laugh about the photo, but I feel so sorry for that kid.

DisneyMusician2

Some people. I would NEVER leave a kid alone like that in a line with anyone! Who knows about people really.

And then to freak out....

Some of these stories make you want to pray for mankind :mad:

imamouse

A man was walking toward the Cdn Pavilion (i worked outside at the woodcart) and he had a little girl over his shoulder. She was about 2 and right in front of the cart she hurled all down the back of her dad :hurl::hurl::hurl:

He calmly set her down and her mom came running up with a little boy around 4 or so and they all (even the puke covered dad) tried to calm the little girl down because she was crying.

The dad said that it even got in his underwear??!! So i grabbed a t shirt from my cart (one with a Cdn Flag and Pluto on it) and called up to the NW Mercantile shop...got the dad's size and asked them to run down a pair of shorts and gave them to the dad and pointed him to the nearest washroom.

I couldn't do much about the underwear but at least he didn't have to go around all day with puky clothes :lol:

It's so great that Disney empowers their CMs to do the right thing. How sweet to provide the unfortunate father with new clothes! That saved several hours that the entire family would have lost going back to their resort so the dad could change clothes. Thanks for spreading the magic :wave:.

pinkrose

Ok, I have a story also. When Pinkrose and I were in WDW for training in march we decided to stop at Aloha Isle for a dole whip float while we had some down time to explore the parks. Well we each got in a different line with about 4-5 ppl in front of us and there was a stroller sitting there with a young child that must have been about 3 in it and she was sleeping.

The stroller was a good 20 feet from the window at the stand and it was actually right in the middle of where everyone walks. There was a backpack and a couple of disney merchandise bags in it also. We thought this was rather odd that this childs parents would just leave her there like that. There was absolutely no one around this child. So we watched and waited to see if a parent showed up.

We stood in line a good 10 minutes watching over this child utterly amazed that someone would leave her there. We were about to tell a Castmember when low and behold I overhear the man and woman in front of me......laughing and whispering about how they left the child there in the middle of where everyone walks on purpose to see what everyones reaction would be.

I was so absolutely shocked that I literally shook my head to make sure I wasn't crazy. Elizabeth mouthed to me "what?" and I said back to her quietly..those are the parents. She was like are you kidding me and I said no. I told her what I heard after they left. Boy oh Boy let me tell you it's a good thing they left when they did because we were both so beyond angry that we wanted to tell them off. What total and utter idiots to leave your child unattended and so far away from you. Like it's a big joke. It would have been a big joke if someone in the large crowds of people who were weaving their way around that child in the stroller either pushed the stroller away or took something from it.

There were times you could barely see it from where I was standing because of all the people, they were in front of me paying no attention what so ever.

GRRRRRR some people should just be slapped!

Pam

That was so horrible!!! I couldn't believe they were laughing because people were concerned.

O'Malley

Back in Dec '07 DH and I was at MGM/DHS. While walking away from ST and passing Indiana Jones Stunt Show, there was this British man pushing a stroller with a boy who's probably about two. The kid is crying; probably because it was the afternoon, and it was a bit warm (around high 70's that day), and probably needed a nap.

He probably told the kid they were going back to see a second Indiana Jones Stunt Show. That would make ME cry.

Seriously, we've seen so many "I can't believe I just saw that" things involving children at Disney, there's too many to count. The one that always gets me is when a child (usually around a 5-10 year old boy) is screaming and crying violently that they do NOT want to go on a ride (usually Everest or RnR), yet the dad basically FORCES them (physically) to go on. It's sad that a Cast Member has to act as a surrogate parent, and refuse to let the child ride. :(

kristalovesWDW

I didn't see it, but my Mom and sister told me about it. We were walking in a parking lot, don't remember where, maybe Epcot, and I guess a family was getting out a car, and a little boy got out and he immediately took his pants down and peed on one of the wheels. His family was just standing there waiting...

I also saw a little boy choking on a hot dog at Casey's in Magic Kingdom. It's jaw dropping to me because I've NEVER seen ANYBODY choke in my life, and for my first time to see it in the most magical place on earth didn't make it any better for me, OR for him

lilphil6487

When i was in dl tons of people hit me with theier strollers and didnt say anything i looked at them rudely and still nothing
I hate people with strollers. In some very high traffic areas like the area going from fantasyland to liberty square or frontierland, i dont exactly remember, i had tons of people behind me hitting my ankles with the strollers trying to push me out of the way like a battering ram. It made me so mad, I gave them a dirty look, and they acted like nothing was wrong. I got a laugh afterwards, lol. I was sitting there waiting for my group to get out of the bathroom when i saw them and they had left the stoller for a second when it took off down the hill towards a trash can and it hit and all their stuff fell out all over the ground.

WildLodgeFan

Oh my gosh, I love this thread. :)

I have so many stories of seeing crazy things from working at WDW for 2 years.

I actually love the puking stories...I don't know why, I just do. Don't get me wrong I feel terrible for the people it happens to I guess I just know because I've been there (puked in a mall in front of a huge crowd at Christmas time once) but it's like I feel their pain and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that has done something like that.

Now you are a rockin' CM who saved the day! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom