December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

DisneyWall-E

My whole family(16 of us) is making a trip to the World this Dec. 20 - 24 for the first time since 2000. But, my wife and I have been 2 times in the last 2 years. I can't wait to be there with all my brothers just like the old days. This is also the first time I will be there with all the christmas decorations.

Upvote 0

momofnine

My whole family(16 of us) is making a trip to the World this Dec. 20 - 24 for the first time since 2000. But, my wife and I have been 2 times in the last 2 years. I can't wait to be there with all my brothers just like the old days. This is also the first time I will be there with all the christmas decorations.

:wave: Have fun!! When we all go, we have a BLAST! The Christmas decorations are beautiful. Make sure you go around to all the resorts and check out their decorations, the Osborne light festival in DHS (try to be there when they turn the lights on) and the Candle Light Processional are awesome. This will be our first year to see the castle lights, last year we went at Halloween time, I hear that they are absolutely beautiful.

Upvote 0

erstwo

Any suggestions for someone looking to book a December trip now?

The first two weeks of December are booked solid, I've discovered. No rooms at the Poly, Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge. I figure it's due to the bounceback offers? We didn't book a bounceback, wish we had! :rolleyes:

Now we are looking at the third week - the week before Christmas. Wilderness Lodge has some rooms still available.

Suggestions? Also, what about the special Christmas Party? What's it called? Mickey's Christmas something or other? Is it worth it? Are there any special things in the park?
Thanks y'all!

Upvote 0

momofnine

The Christmas party ( Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) is fun. They have a special parade, fireworks, hot chocolate and cookies.... They make it snow on main street, special stage shows, lights on the castle.... We enjoy it, hopefully it wont be very crowded! I would do the dining plan, if you are unable to get your reservations, then cancel the dining part of you resie. Have you ever gone at Christmas time? Disney is absolutely BEAUTIFUL at Christmas. Make sure to check out all the resort decorations... Hopefully you will get your reservations.
Have a great time!:wave:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Any suggestions for someone looking to book a December trip now?

The first two weeks of December are booked solid, I've discovered. No rooms at the Poly, Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge. I figure it's due to the bounceback offers? We didn't book a bounceback, wish we had! :rolleyes:

Now we are looking at the third week - the week before Christmas. Wilderness Lodge has some rooms still available.

Suggestions? Also, what about the special Christmas Party? What's it called? Mickey's Christmas something or other? Is it worth it? Are there any special things in the park?Thanks y'all!

Yes, there are plenty! Aside from MVMCP which is fun, but can be missed, Epcot is full of things, from the storytellers to candlelight processional to the holiday tag on ROE. Studios has the Osborne lights, and many of the resorts have very special decorations.

See here for a summary:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/xmas.htm
http://www.wdwmagic.com/osborn_lights.htm
http://www.wdwmagic.com/lights_of_winter.htm
http://allears.net/tp/holiday.htm

Upvote 0

ArielLover

84 days for us. 11/29-12/12. This will be our first major trip together. We will leave as boyfriend/girlfriend and leave as engaged. Have CRT reservations for 11/30 nad proposing there. I will start a TRip report thread before I leave,

Upvote 0

dove_

Now we are looking at the third week - the week before Christmas.

I'm looking at the exact same week. Do you have any idea about crowds at that time? People talk about the first two weeks being very low, but Christmas being real full (obviously), but no one ever mentions the week before, when it's still Value rates..

Upvote 0

bayoumoon

I'm looking at the exact same week. Do you have any idea about crowds at that time? People talk about the first two weeks being very low, but Christmas being real full (obviously), but no one ever mentions the week before, when it's still Value rates..
According to touringplans.com crowds remain relatively low until the 21st and then get real busy thru Jan 5th. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

erstwo

I would seriously check the dining situation / availability before committing to a Christmas trip reservation so late - unless you're happy to eat counter service everytime

I went ahead and booked this morning. No problem getting any reservations I wanted at the times I wanted! :sohappy: Including breakfast with the princesses in Norway at Epcot and the Hoop De Doo. They even said I could have any dinner time from 4:20-on at the princess dinner???? That's crazy!

Due to what I discoverd above, I guess the crowds will be just normal levels? I guess most people are waiting until the next week when the kids are out of school.

So unless everyone on this board books a trip for that week, we should have decent size crowds to deal with! Yay!:)

PS - THANK YOU for all the December info and trips y'all!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom