D23's Magic & Merriment at Walt Disney World

KeithVH

I'm glad they didn't wait till the last minute. Considering I already have tickets for park access, I'd be double paying for the other privileges. And since we have plans for that weekend in AK and DHS, I'd have to redo my dining schedule and hope I get my seatings.

I also see no mention of a limit of tix. So let's say 1,000 sign up. And they each only bring one guest. Have fun with a couple thousand of your closest friends? I'm guessing they don't expect anywhere near that considering the venues mentioned.

EPCOT Explorer

You guys are really complaining about this costing $195? $195 seems like a STEAL for all that's included here. By my calculations, there's at least $250 worth of value for an AP holder (and that's not counting the Disney Quest, as I wouldn't do that. Also obviously not counting tickets since it's from an AP holder perspective).

Off to search my finals schedule...

In addition to the 75 buck fee, though.

It is coming around though, like I said. :)

Brian_WDW74

I also see no mention of a limit of tix. So let's say 1,000 sign up. And they each only bring one guest. Have fun with a couple thousand of your closest friends? I'm guessing they don't expect anywhere near that considering the venues mentioned.

The OP left off the fine print from the bottom of the announcement:
NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Park entrance is included; TWO one-day, one-park ticket for EACH GUEST will be available at the Guest Relations window at the Main Entrance to Epcot® on the day of the event. Park tickets and Disney Quest tickets must be used by January 30, 2010. Guests must be over 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages. Sign up time for the Castle Suite tours will be taken Saturday morning during registration in the Hospitality Suite. Round trip transportation from Disney's Hollywood Studios to Epcot® on Sunday evening is included. During portions of the weekend, Guests will be on their own to enjoy Walt Disney World. A specific itinerary will be provided to attendees upon registration. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and three (3) guests. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice.

EpcotServo

You guys are really complaining about this costing $195? $195 seems like a STEAL for all that's included here. By my calculations, there's at least $250 worth of value for an AP holder (and that's not counting the Disney Quest, as I wouldn't do that. Also obviously not counting tickets since it's from an AP holder perspective).

Off to search my finals schedule...

I'm not complaining about anything.

LET ME STATE FOR THE RECORD THAT I HOLD NOTHING AGAINST THIS EVENT.

I have rolled my eyes and moved on.
:lol:

Figment1986

Where is this "D23 Member Lounge" at in Epcot? :confused: :veryconfu

It probably depends on where they are doing stuff.. Epcot might be American adventure... for MK isn't there the old GE / AAA lounge being COP?

If only they had a D23 lounge at every park open year round :drevil:

SoccerMickey

It probably depends on where they are doing stuff.. Epcot might be American adventure... for MK isn't there the old GE / AAA lounge being COP?

Magic kingdom's holiday D23 lounge will be outdoors at the swan boat landing and I'm assuming epcot's will be at the odyssey if I read that right. If not then I bet it will just be at an unused VIP sponsor lounge like the old AP lounge of yore

RSoxNo1

The follow up to the D23 convention at the Anaheim Convention center was the Barbershop Harmony Society's Barbershop Quartet Convention

jzimm

FINE PRINT:
"Park entrance is included; TWO one-day, one-park ticket for EACH GUEST will be available at the Guest Relations window at the Main Entrance to Epcot® on the day of the event. Park tickets and Disney Quest tickets must be used by January 30, 2010"

Could you get a refund for these tickets at guest relations when you pick them up if you already have park tickets?

Figment1986

Magic kingdom's holiday D23 lounge will be outdoors at the swan boat landing and I'm assuming epcot's will be at the odyssey if I read that right. If not then I bet it will just be at an unused VIP sponsor lounge like the old AP lounge of yore

:lookaroun I would have thought the way this fall has been.. it would be indoors, or at least at an easier covered area like Tomorrowland terris noodle station...

Though using the odyssey is possible at Epcot... but I would think if they used a vip lunge the American Adventure one would be better.. since it is in world showcase and not future world... (Though I would guess the one for food and wine's event would be in Wonder's VIP lounge due to it's location... that or odyssey..)

now the old VIP lounge behind COP would make a nice D23 lounge full time.. out of the way, and yet easy to find if you know where it is.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Yeah.. then I would join in a heart beat. :D Till then.... meh.. signing up for D23 is still on the back burner for me.

EPCOTPluto

Quite interesting. I am sure this is nice to those who can afford it, but I can’t exactly imagine how many would actually partake in this.

I would hope that it doesn’t affect the crowd issue over there….

Where is this "D23 Member Lounge" at in Epcot?
That’s what I want to know as well. The MK hospitality lounge takes up the former Swan Boat Landing…. :shrug:

(Please don't say The Odyssey or Wonders. :zipit:)

WDWFREAK53

What I find funny is that this "club" has been around for about 6 months now...and people still have no idea what it is.

Doesn't really sound like it's run all that great IMHO.

$75 to join...plus $195 for the event even if you have already paid for some of it??? I'll pass.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm a D23 member, and an AP holder, so this offer doesn't exactly float my boat. While I appreciate the fact Disney held the D23 convention (and other events) the cost hasn't been quite worth the return. It would be nice to seem them offer D23 "lounges" for its members outside of special events. Not sure I'll renew my membership next year.....:shrug:

Momketeer

"NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Park entrance is included; TWO one-day, one-park ticket for EACH GUEST will be available at the Guest Relations window at the Main Entrance to Epcot® on the day of the event. Park tickets and Disney Quest tickets must be used by January 30, 2010."

For AP holders, can you pick up the 2 one day tix but use them later? The fine print quoted eariler in the post stated that the tix must be used by Jan 30, 2010...so could I use my AP to enter the event and use the one days towards renewal of my AP later? I'm not local and I tend to alternate years for my AP...so some years it would be better for me to let the pass lapse and restart the clock on the year (if that makes any sense) and I have to weigh the savings for renewing vs getting the dates I need. Using a one day ticket to use later than my anniversary date and upgrading it to an AP could really help me out. Anything in the rest of the fine print suggesting I can't do that?

And I know that would only use one of the days but who knows...maybe the other day could be a really awesome and amazing christmas gift for someone!

EpcotServo

"NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing.

Still love that line, and want to see a D23 Member Court Marshall.

"Notice: D23 Member 0956872336 has been Dishonorably Discharged from D23 as ruled by D23 Court Marshall Judge, for the offensive of not buying a pin every monthly quarter under Codes and Operations Book 5, Page 112, Paragraph 4, Byline 4.8. His membership fee will not be refunded."

EPCOT Explorer

What I find funny is that this "club" has been around for about 6 months now...and people still have no idea what it is.

Doesn't really sound like it's run all that great IMHO.

$75 to join...plus $195 for the event even if you have already paid for some of it??? I'll pass.
Exactly. :D

Still love that line, and want to see a D23 Member Court Marshall.

"Notice: D23 Member 0956872336 has been Dishonorably Discharged from D23 as ruled by D23 Court Marshall Judge, for the offensive of not buying a pin every monthly quarter under Codes and Operations Book 5, Page 112, Paragraph 4, Byline 4.8. His membership fee will not be refunded."
What kind of standing are WE in!??!:lookaroun:lol:

bugsbunny

On paper, the $195 is a cheaper than a 2 day pass. My point is that when you join a club, you pay up front to get to do things that either are included or a nominal fee. Nominal meaning COST.

But here, you pay about 75-80% of the retail cost and quite frankly, its not THAT exclusive. And the dates they picked, a WEEKEND, will no doubt be packed. I go in the first week of December and I know that the locals all come out on the weekends. I've done Xmax parties on weeknights and weekends enough to know that I won't ever go to weekend party again.

I know D23 is trying to do stuff, but it still doesn't seem like a bargain when comparing return of investment. Two days? And 45 days notice for it? :shrug: For me, it would seem like I'm paying $195 to do a quick tour of the castle. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom