D23's Magic & Merriment at Walt Disney World

WDW1974

I only signed up to D23 to get tickets for Magic & Merriment. As discussed in this thread, since there was no real chance to actually get tickets to the event, I saw no reason to keep my membership. I sent countless emails with my complaint about the process to get tickets for the event. I kept getting form responses that never answered my complaint or question on cancellation. On my last email, in the subject line, I put "PLEASE PROVIDE AN ACTUAL RESPONSE" and I finally got confirmation that I would receive a refund.

Chuck Oberleitner has a great column about these events and how D23 is 'seeding' the field with online webmasters, bloggers and construction site photographers by making sure they get tix before other D23 members ... you can access it via the Micechat site.

EPCOT Explorer

Chuck Oberleitner has a great column about these events and how D23 is 'seeding' the field with online webmasters, bloggers and construction site photographers by making sure they get tix before other D23 members ... you can access it via the Micechat site.
Honestly, even without reading that article, you can REALLY see it happening now.

kennygman

Here's the link to Chuck's article. The discussion of the M & M event is down a bit and begins with...
“To create the impression of scarcity,” said a source close to D23 operations speaking on condition of anonymity, “they call up webmasters and media people in advance of the events and tell them to call Disney Shopping ten to fifteen minutes prior to the posted registration times.”

http://www.obe-mediaone.com/pages/business_of_show/2009/10-20_D23_Rose-1.html

WDWFigment

Hmmm, I wonder how I can make friends with someone in D23 management/marketing so I can get this kind of treatment...

EpcotServo

Here's the link to Chuck's article. The discussion of the M & M event is down a bit and begins with...
“To create the impression of scarcity,” said a source close to D23 operations speaking on condition of anonymity, “they call up webmasters and media people in advance of the events and tell them to call Disney Shopping ten to fifteen minutes prior to the posted registration times.”

Crazy. Outlandish. Probably True.

EPCOT Explorer

Runs concurrent with what I have been told...Kinda sad, really.

Jenngusto

I know I was pretty mad when I went to get tickets just a bit after they went for sale and was blocked out. I could not get in for anything. I am not a happy D23 member. :brick:

Figment1986

You would think if disney was going to sell tickets in advanced of the time stated through disney shipping.. they would still hold tickets for online selling.

Perhaps disney should rethink the concept and numbers game, or offer the event for 2 weeksends letting twice as many people get to go...

EPCOT Explorer

You would think if disney was going to sell tickets in advanced of the time stated through disney shipping.. they would still hold tickets for online selling.

Perhaps disney should rethink the concept and numbers game, or offer the event for 2 weeksends letting twice as many people get to go...
In short...Making it more accessible .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom