D23's Magic & Merriment at Walt Disney World

kennygman

On paper, the $195 is a cheaper than a 2 day pass. My point is that when you join a club, you pay up front to get to do things that either are included or a nominal fee. Nominal meaning COST.

But here, you pay about 75-80% of the retail cost and quite frankly, its not THAT exclusive. And the dates they picked, a WEEKEND, will no doubt be packed. I go in the first week of December and I know that the locals all come out on the weekends. I've done Xmax parties on weeknights and weekends enough to know that I won't ever go to weekend party again.

I know D23 is trying to do stuff, but it still doesn't seem like a bargain when comparing return of investment. Two days? And 45 days notice for it? :shrug: For me, it would seem like I'm paying $195 to do a quick tour of the castle. :ROFLOL:

I was already planning to go to WDW during that time and I am really excited about this opportunity. I don't have to wait in line for CP or purchase the dinner now. We were already planning to do Xmas party, so it's included. My kids love DQ so they can use our tix for that. My wife will love this experience and the castle tour is a nice cherry on top. I know from doing the Haunted Mansion event and winning the Dream Job that Disney will do this first class.

EPCOT Explorer

On paper, the $195 is a cheaper than a 2 day pass. My point is that when you join a club, you pay up front to get to do things that either are included or a nominal fee. Nominal meaning COST.

But here, you pay about 75-80% of the retail cost and quite frankly, its not THAT exclusive. And the dates they picked, a WEEKEND, will no doubt be packed. I go in the first week of December and I know that the locals all come out on the weekends. I've done Xmax parties on weeknights and weekends enough to know that I won't ever go to weekend party again.

I know D23 is trying to do stuff, but it still doesn't seem like a bargain when comparing return of investment. Two days? And 45 days notice for it? :shrug: For me, it would seem like I'm paying $195 to do a quick tour of the castle. :ROFLOL:
Well said! I think that's one of the main problems of it all, the accessibility.

sueuk

I wish I could be there, but I also wished for D23 stuff (anything) to be on sale at the parks and it wasn't. I had been told in an email, by Disney marketing, before we went that some things were available with proof of membership - but all I could find on sale was the magazine. One Mans Dream would have been the ideal place to sell things at. The shipping to the UK is still prohibitive for small items ($50 each) - not so bad on more expensive stuff I suppose.

dernamekim

I'm not feeling the Magic and Merriment right now...

they have a problem saying this time and opening the system three minutes early :shrug:

The main reason this was so limited was the tours of the castle...

Just like Horizons, I was on 10 minutes before and kept refreshing until the link was posted. I was on right at 1PM EST and lo and behold tickets sold out within 2-3 minutes! By the time I put my member number in it already said waitlisted guests. Luckily I was "wait-listed." I don't really know what that means though, as since the event is nonrefundable, how are people going to cancel? Maybe they have a certain number of wait-listed people and will try to accommodate that many.

However since it went so quick one wonders how many people are admitted to the event in the first place? I was so bummed it went that quick. However as of right now I'm supposed to fly back to CT on Saturday the 12th, but was going to change my flight to Monday assuming I got these tickets. Hopefully I know soon enough whether or not I have the tickets or not. But knowing my luck I'll find out 2 days before and the flights will be $500 to change. GRRR!!!!

Anyone have an insights as to how many people were admitted to this event? Or what it means to be waitlisted?

kennygman

Wow! What a fiasco. Why publish an event that 20 people can attend? Why not sweepstakes it out? I've been emailing them all week about this D23 membership stuff and why the sign in doesn't even work. They responded that it takes 24 to 48 hours to enter the ticketing system.

My reply:

I purchased my membership at 12:44 on MONDAY.

First, there is nothing in your TOS about it taking "24 to 48 hours" to activate in your system. My purchase was made without this notification.

Second, I sent you an email after 48 hours SPECIFICALLY pointing out that it still wasn't active in your system and that I purchased these memberships for the expressed purpose of desiring attendance at this event. I was online 5 minutes prior to the link becoming active and continually refreshed until it appeared. The message below in red appeared as soon as the link was active. I refreshed and a message notifying me the event was sold out appeared. In 20 seconds? You sold out in 20 seconds?

Third, when I try to purchase for an event that wasn't listed as sold out, my membership still doesn't show in your system.

Fourth, when I clicked on the link for the Magic & Merriment event it gives this message:
At this time D23 Presents Disney and Dickens is sold out. If you would like to be waitlisted please continue through this website.

Please note, you will be notified via email if space opens up and we are able to add you to the list. You will not receive further communication if we are not able to accommodate additional guests. Thank you for your interest!

I DID NOT click on Disney and Dickens.

Fifth, I want 5 tickets using my two memberships to the Magic and Merriment event. I want to pay the full value. I'm not requesting any favors or discounts.

(member numbers)

I am a long-time Disney fan. I attended D23 this summer and considered joining, but there were no events I was interested in. I have held an annual pass to Disneyland and taken my family there 5 times, my entire family holds annual passes to Disney World having attended 15 times and staying in nearly every Disney hotel and 1 Disney Cruise all while paying for flights from Texas and Oklahoma. I would like to continue this relationship and see the Disney Magic continue.

Sincerely,
Kenny

dernamekim

Kenny- RIGHT ON!!

You'll have to post their response. I'm sure it will say something on the lines of:

We are not discussing this matter at this time. I am sorry you did not get tickets, however the event is sold out and you are SOL.

This makes me very angry. I've been a member since March, and none of the events appealed to me besides this one as well. Hopefully they do something...

And I LOVE how they won't respond to anything unless they can get you on the wait list... but HONESTLY- what the heck is the point of the waitlist and what does it even mean??

Beyond frustrated...

dernamekim

P.s. How many people are ACTUALLY attending this event? My guess is 100 maybe? So that's 20 D23 members buying 4 tickets a piece. Not right. I think D23 is going to have a LOT of unhappy customers on this one...

Do you know if they have a phone number you can contact them about this?

kennygman

Kenny- RIGHT ON!!

You'll have to post their response. I'm sure it will say something on the lines of:

We are not discussing this matter at this time. I am sorry you did not get tickets, however the event is sold out and you are SOL.

This makes me very angry. I've been a member since March, and none of the events appealed to me besides this one as well. Hopefully they do something...

And I LOVE how they won't respond to anything unless they can get you on the wait list... but HONESTLY- what the heck is the point of the waitlist and what does it even mean??

Beyond frustrated...

Noticed that the pic of the event says "currently sold out" while all other links say "sold out"

Here's a reply I just received from Disney store:
Dear Disney Guest,

We are delighted to have received your recent email and we appreciate your interest in DisneyStore.com.

Your D23 Membership is activated as soon as purchased. It takes 24-48 hours for the Event Site to be updated with new memberships.

If you purchased or received a D23 Gift Membership, please let us know and we will be happy to send the activation procedures.

If you experienced problems when trying to purchase tickets, please
click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page on the D23 website, www.disney.com/D23. The D23 Special Events Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
As always, should you have questions concerning your membership number or an order placed for D23 merchandise, please feel free to contact us for assistance.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your interest in all things Disney!

Sincerely,
Lou Ann
The DisneyStore.com Team

absolutedisney

D23 Chrisman Event

I was refreshing the website waiting for the purchace link for 5 minutes and it did not come up until 10:02pst. I entered in all of my info and was updating my guest's info and hit next and poof...SOLD OUT! I don't get it!! I already logged in. Doesn't that take priority. I was been planning today for weeks. I had the website for the airline up and DVC on the line waiting to pounce to make reservations once I got the confermation. SOLD OUT! I was so excited that when I saw that my eyes teared up. Silly I know but I was able to extend my trip to do this event. I was so excited that I was going to be at WDW during the event, normally I always miss it by a week or so. I emailed D23 but I doubt that I will get a response.

hack2112

Fifth, I want 5 tickets using my two memberships to the Magic and Merriment event. I want to pay the full value.

santa.gif

"You *dare* bribe Santa. I'm going to shove coal so far up your stocking you'll be coughing up diamonds."

puntagordabob

Yeah I am a little upset too... 50 tickets is all they had?
frown.gif
WDW is a freaking huge place....they could have had 500 or more tickets on this itinerary and made it work... my goodness they could have had an "additional" Candlelight processional showing and made the "extra showing" D23 only with no penalty to the general park goers.

I am VERY disappointed....the ONLY WDW event and I live 2 hours or so away and I cannot attend... SAD!
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

SoccerMickey

I was able to put my credit card through and got a thing saying receipt but I didn't get an email confirmation. Anyone else not get a confirmation?
Also I notice the Sip and Stroll now says tickets no longer available. Is that the same as Sold Out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom