D23's Magic & Merriment at Walt Disney World

luvlifeinfl

Original Poster
Saturday, December 12 and Sunday, December 13, 2009

If decked halls, dancing reindeer, sumptuous winter feasts, dazzling decorations and yuletide carols warm your heart and spark your imagination, you'll want to join us at Walt Disney World® as D23 celebrates its first holiday season with our exclusive weekend of festivities, "Magic & Merriment."

The holly jolly happenings begin Saturday morning, December 12, at the D23 Member Lounge in Epcot, where guests will be greeted by the D23 Team and some very merry surprises and special guests that will certainly add some ho-ho-holiday sparkle to your day. The magic-makers at Walt Disney World Holiday Services will then give you a special behind-the-ears glimpse at how they transform Walt Disney World into a sparkling holiday haven — from gigantic candy-coated gingerbread houses and glistening snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A. to twinkling Christmas trees beaming with thousands of lights. You'll then be invited to spend the afternoon enjoying the holiday splendor of Epcot at your own pace before re-joining the group at the America Gardens Theatre as the sun begins to set.

As you nestle into your reserved seat, sit back, snuggle up and delight in the warm embrace of Walt Disney World's perennial Christmas favorite, Candlelight Processional. This time-honored tradition of classic carols and hymns sung by a choir of hundreds will be narrated by renowned singer and actress Vanessa Williams ("Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas; Ugly Betty). Following this special performance, you will be transported to Disney's Hollywood Studios for a sumptuous holiday feast on one of the park's largest backlot sets – Lights! Motors! Action!™ After the park closes, enjoy "the last ride of the night" on one of the park's signature attractions, and then head over to New York Street for a private viewing of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights during a special presentation hosted by two of Walt Disney World's top creative minds.

On Sunday, you'll head to the Magic Kingdom for a day of Christmas fantasy and fun in this delightfully wintery wonderland. After a morning of enjoying the park's sparkling holiday majesty, everyone will gather inside Frontierland's iconic Diamond Horseshoe for a private holiday luncheon complete with special entertainment to keep the holiday spirit alive. After dessert, D23 members and their guests will get another "suite" treat… the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an exclusive tour of the magical Cinderella Castle Dream Suite, situated high above Fantasyland.

Come nightfall, celebrate together at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and relax at D23's private hospitality lounge (located at the Swan Boat Landing in front of Cinderella Castle) for holiday treats and cocoa. You'll also enjoy reserved viewing for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade. Holiday magic abounds, and, of course, it wouldn't be a D23 event without a very special holiday gift to commemorate the weekend! Happy holidays from your friends at D23!

[SIZE=+1]EVENT DETAILS:[/SIZE]
Date: Saturday, December 12 and Sunday, December 13, 2009
Time: Registration begins at 9 a.m. at the Odyssey Center located in Epcot's Future World (just past Test Track). First presentation begins at 10 a.m.
Tickets: Tickets will be available Thursday, October 15 at 10 a.m. PST. Members may bring up to three guests.
Cost: $195 per person

Included with the cost of your ticket:

• Park admission for two days at Walt Disney World (see below)
  • Two tickets per guest to Disney Quest in Downtown Disney (Orlando)
  • Access to the D23 Member Lounge Sunday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Epcot and Sunday from 7 p.m. – midnight on Sunday at the Magic Kingdom
  • Special morning "Holidays Around the World" presentation with surprises for all guests (Saturday)
  • Guaranteed seating for Candlelight Processional at 5 p.m. (Saturday)
  • Dinner and dessert on the set of Lights! Motors! Action!—includes wine and beer (Saturday)
  • Private presentation of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (Saturday)
  • Transportation to and from Epcot to dinner (Saturday)
  • Private luncheon with entertainment inside the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon (Sunday)
  • Reserved parade viewing (Sunday)
  • Cinderella Suite tours (Sunday; Sign up on Saturday morning)
  • Admission to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (Sunday)
  • Special gift for all guests from your friends at D23!

cdunbar

Saturday, December 12 and Sunday, December 13, 2009

If decked halls, dancing reindeer, sumptuous winter feasts, dazzling decorations and yuletide carols warm your heart and spark your imagination, you'll want to join us at Walt Disney World® as D23 celebrates its first holiday season with our exclusive weekend of festivities, "Magic & Merriment."

The holly jolly happenings begin Saturday morning, December 12, at the D23 Member Lounge in Epcot, where guests will be greeted by the D23 Team and some very merry surprises and special guests that will certainly add some ho-ho-holiday sparkle to your day. The magic-makers at Walt Disney World Holiday Services will then give you a special behind-the-ears glimpse at how they transform Walt Disney World into a sparkling holiday haven — from gigantic candy-coated gingerbread houses and glistening snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A. to twinkling Christmas trees beaming with thousands of lights. You'll then be invited to spend the afternoon enjoying the holiday splendor of Epcot at your own pace before re-joining the group at the America Gardens Theatre as the sun begins to set.

As you nestle into your reserved seat, sit back, snuggle up and delight in the warm embrace of Walt Disney World's perennial Christmas favorite, Candlelight Processional. This time-honored tradition of classic carols and hymns sung by a choir of hundreds will be narrated by renowned singer and actress Vanessa Williams ("Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas; Ugly Betty). Following this special performance, you will be transported to Disney's Hollywood Studios for a sumptuous holiday feast on one of the park's largest backlot sets – Lights! Motors! Action!™ After the park closes, enjoy "the last ride of the night" on one of the park's signature attractions, and then head over to New York Street for a private viewing of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights during a special presentation hosted by two of Walt Disney World's top creative minds.

On Sunday, you'll head to the Magic Kingdom for a day of Christmas fantasy and fun in this delightfully wintery wonderland. After a morning of enjoying the park's sparkling holiday majesty, everyone will gather inside Frontierland's iconic Diamond Horseshoe for a private holiday luncheon complete with special entertainment to keep the holiday spirit alive. After dessert, D23 members and their guests will get another "suite" treat… the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an exclusive tour of the magical Cinderella Castle Dream Suite, situated high above Fantasyland.

Come nightfall, celebrate together at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and relax at D23's private hospitality lounge (located at the Swan Boat Landing in front of Cinderella Castle) for holiday treats and cocoa. You'll also enjoy reserved viewing for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade. Holiday magic abounds, and, of course, it wouldn't be a D23 event without a very special holiday gift to commemorate the weekend! Happy holidays from your friends at D23!

Time: Registration begins at 9 a.m. at the Odyssey Center located in Epcot's Future World (just past Test Track). First presentation begins at 10 a.m.
Tickets: Tickets will be available Thursday, October 15 at 10 a.m. PST. Members may bring up to three guests.

• Access to the D23 Member Lounge Sunday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Epcot and Sunday from 7 p.m. – midnight on Sunday at the Magic Kingdom
  • Special morning "Holidays Around the World" presentation with surprises for all guests (Saturday)
  • Dinner and dessert on the set of Lights! Motors! Action!—includes wine and beer (Saturday)
  • Private presentation of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (Saturday)
  • Private luncheon with entertainment inside the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon (Sunday)
Fanboys who complained about this being in anaheim earlier in the year, should be quiet for a little while now!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Jer apparently there is one @ MK too:shrug:

Hmmm is this a new thing, or just for this party? :confused::shrug:
Sorry... I dont follow the D23 thing so much.

If it were like a permanent thing.. I'd be more willing to join. :lol::lookaroun:D

cdunbar

Hmmm is this a new thing, or just for this party? :confused::shrug:
Sorry... I dont follow the D23 thing so much.

If it were like a permanent thing.. I'd be more willing to join. :lol::lookaroun:D
I dunno, o and there is a thread about the GF gingerbread house with some dude counting down the days till x-mas, you want to take care him for me with you GBTBT :lol::lol:

MousDad

Fanboys who complained about this being in anaheim earlier in the year, should be quiet for a little while now!

Or, maybe D23 listened to the legitimate criticisms. They've been reactionary all along (in a positive way mostly, I'm willing to admit), so that wouldn't surprise me.

But here's where they're going to run into problems on this one: At WDW, everyone already has tickets. So you're in effect punishing regular vacationers who also happen to be D23 members and would like to go. Which, I'm sure would be the majority in Orlando. Unless there's fine print I'm missing somewhere which has a ticketless price option.

But that issue aside, I think this is a good offering, in a good location, and worth the cost on its face.

DougK

I second that ^.

This sounds great but as an annual passholder I already have park tickets. I hope they will accomodate us somehow.

SoccerMickey

I second that ^.

This sounds great but as an annual passholder I already have park tickets. I hope they will accomodate us somehow.

I doubt they will accomodate us holding annual passes or DisneyQuest tickets but I do think this is a great weekend planned and well worth the price. Does anyone think the price is too high?

I find it interesting though that NFFC has a Holiday Extravaganza weekend planned the same weekend. It's only about $100 bucks less and the events there are pretty much things you can do on your own for free (like tour the resorts in Xmas decor) or add on to their cost while D23 throws it in (like dinners and MVMCP tix). On the NFFC website the director of special events says this:

We announced our dates back in May and shared details about our event with D23 staff. They have not responded to repeated requests to present events with us on a joint basis as promised at a meeting with them in January. It is very disappointing that D23 no longer appears interested in working with us. Some NFFC members have expressed frustration over D23 scheduling events which directly conflict with our charitable activities. Our Give Kids the World event which is being held December 12th in the evening is shaping up to be a very special evening. The Florida planning committee has been working hard for months on this event and it has really paid off. We have had a tremendous response so far and we are on track to sell this event out.

Right when D23 started back in March I wondered how this would play out vs. the NFFC and I thought that the two could live together, now I am starting to wonder.

a2grafix

Wow this is great! I will be on holiday Dec. 11-16 at WDW. Although I am not a member of D23, maybe I can crash some of the parties while I am at WDW. I have tickets to the Very Merry Christmas Party Dec. 13.

Regardless, I picked a perfect time to visit with something cool, special, and exclusive going on. Adding it to my trip itinerary.

MousDad

Does anyone think the price is too high?

It's a great deal if you're travelling to the world for only those 2 days, for that reason. A 2-day base is $156 per person by itself.

But who's going to be doing that is my question. Surely they will have a price option for existing ticket holders. Surely, right? If not, I don't know what they're thinking.

bugsbunny

$195??? So I get to pay a fee to join the exclusive club and then get my wallet raped repeatedly throughout the year? :veryconfu

Seriously! If you weren't already paid into D23, would the price be any different? the even is cool, no doubt, but I just don't see how joining the club AND paying a ridiculous fee is a exclusive treat.

SoccerMickey

It's a great deal if you're travelling to the world for only those 2 days, for that reason. A 2-day base is $156 per person by itself.

But who's going to be doing that is my question. Surely they will have a price option for existing ticket holders. Surely, right? If not, I don't know what they're thinking.

The sip and stroll currently does not offer a deal for existing ticket holders this will not be either.

EPCOT Explorer

Or, maybe D23 listened to the legitimate criticisms. They've been reactionary all along (in a positive way mostly, I'm willing to admit), so that wouldn't surprise me.

But here's where they're going to run into problems on this one: At WDW, everyone already has tickets. So you're in effect punishing regular vacationers who also happen to be D23 members and would like to go. Which, I'm sure would be the majority in Orlando. Unless there's fine print I'm missing somewhere which has a ticketless price option.

But that issue aside, I think this is a good offering, in a good location, and worth the cost on its face.
:D

And people say D64 is all fluff....:rolleyes::lol:

Seriously, this is what I had hoped they would do. They are making VERY LARGE STRIDES HERE. They are making an attempt to be better. I am liking what I am seeing.

However...
$195??? So I get to pay a fee to join the exclusive club and then get my wallet raped repeatedly throughout the year? :veryconfu

Seriously! If you weren't already paid into D23, would the price be any different? the even is cool, no doubt, but I just don't see how joining the club AND paying a ridiculous fee is a exclusive treat.
This. Yes, price is STILL ridiculous. Way too much, though the value of their product is increasing. It's coming around.

Kudos, D23...You are slowly becoming what you should have started out as.

And WTH are these lounges!?:lol: That's the most fascinating *perk* yet...That really would sweeten the deal for joining...75 bucks aint so bad when there is something worth it.

IMHO of course. :)

nemofinder22

Considering a 2 day park hopper is about $221 for ages 10 and up plus the cost of MVMCP is another $55 and Disney Quest is another $41, the total is $317, the event is $195, plus the cost if your not a member yet is about $75. So a total of about $270 to join and to go to the event, plus 2 meals are included.

If anything if I were in WDW for these days I'd be happy to go to this event. The castle suite tour wins it over for me. If you think this is a steep price look at what there offering at DL at $275 a person.

EPCOT Explorer

D23 Lounges?

"Oh Lord..."

/Leela from Futurama

:lol:

That's where they plot against us.:lookaroun:lol:

You were saying that the BLT was the "stereotypical villan tower"? Think again...:ROFLOL:

Seriously, though, it does give much more value to D23, if these masonic D23 Lodges, I mean lounges, are plush and all.:lookaroun:lol:

WDWFigment

You guys are really complaining about this costing $195? $195 seems like a STEAL for all that's included here. By my calculations, there's at least $250 worth of value for an AP holder (and that's not counting the Disney Quest, as I wouldn't do that. Also obviously not counting tickets since it's from an AP holder perspective).

Off to search my finals schedule...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom