Trip Report Cruising With the 27 Ladies of Leisure!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We went back to the room to change into our swimsuits. This was our dresser at this point. Full of awesome Fish Extender gifts! We were kind of messy. :)

Oh, we also ordered these!

We went swimming for a little while and I’m sure we had first dinner some snacks.
:D

The sunset was gorgeous:

http://tammywhiting.smugmug.com/Tra...05083_mMhWQ4#!i=2884770731&k=kZGM99K&lb=1&s=A

http://tammywhiting.smugmug.com/Tra...05083_mMhWQ4#!i=2884770731&k=kZGM99K&lb=1&s=A

Our last dinner was in Animators. This cruise was a little weird for me because I didn’t know our servers at all at this point. That was partly because I was only there two of the four nights, and partly because our group was so big. We were actually spread into two serving groups which was a little weird for them I’m sure. Normally I'm sad to say goodbye to them, but tonight I don't know if I could have picked them out of a lineup.

We were a little late because Missy was dropping off her rebooking form. She apparently forgot how long the line gets on the last night!
:p

I love Animators décor on the new ships:

http://tammywhiting.smugmug.com/Tra...05083_mMhWQ4#!i=2884772900&k=7qXKBwh&lb=1&s=A

http://tammywhiting.smugmug.com/Tra...05083_mMhWQ4#!i=2884774065&k=rNdNfrJ&lb=1&s=A

http://tammywhiting.smugmug.com/Tra...05083_mMhWQ4#!i=2884774065&k=rNdNfrJ&lb=1&s=A

Hello, ladies!

Kelly did a great job of recounting Crush’s conversation with our tables, so I won’t repeat it, but he was hilarious. He was quite impressed that there were 27 of us.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Missy had to go get something from guest services and I wanted to take some lobby pictures so we went back out later that night. Unfortunately there were a bunch of little kids running around like crazy people, so I couldn’t get many pictures.

Finally it was time to accept that our wonderful cruise was at an end and we went back to the room to go to bed.

Day 6 – Disembarkation and Disney World

The next morning we actually went to the last breakfast which I normally skip! We saw some of the ladies and said goodbye for now.

The line to get off the ship was insane. There must have been some problem outside because I’ve never seen it like that before no matter what time I got off. But eventually we were off, Missy left for the airport and I was on my way to Disney World for the next several nights.

I’ll continue that report in another report coming soon! Some of the ladies will be in it, as well as a few other WDWMagic'ers!

My final thoughts for this portion of the trip:

I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but this was an amazing trip. I cruise a lot, and this cruise will always stand out as one of the most fun. It’s awesome to put real faces with all of these screen names I’ve gotten to know over the years. I feel like I made some wonderful new Disney friends that will be friends for a lifetime. Let's meet up every time we go to DIsney, okay? :)

I’m thrilled that we have made it a tradition and hope we get to do this for years to come! Every September! I’ll be there! :)

sweetpee_1993

Oh my! Is it over already????

Loved the mixology review. Wow. There I go with the weird faces again. Lol! I thought the group event was awesome. That has to become a regular fixture for all the girls cruises.

When you killed your shot & slammed the shooter on the bar....EPIC moment that shall live in girls cruise infamy.

Speaking of, I said it before and I'll say it again: we, the ladies of the inaugural Dream Girls getaway crew, have paved the way for all girls' getaways to come. In other words: WE MADE HISTORY! That is the coolest thing ever!!!

I don't usually do the last MDR breakfast either. Interesting. I think I enjoyed having my Krispy Kreme's served to me. The customs lines were insane, weren't they? Never seen it like that but then usually we high-tail it off the ship as soon as the gangway opens. Interesting experience to say the least. Think I'll hang around for Krispy Kreme service next time, too. LOL!

I love love love that we'll be doing it all again. I'll be there every year that I can make it work.

And, Tammy, thanks for taking the ball and running with it when I emailed you with my hair-brained idea. It never would've happened if not for you. You can't tell us it was your job. You were and are way more than just a TA doing her job. I never feel like your client. You're my friend and I'm honored to be able to claim that. <3

Now, onto the next chapter....WDW! WooHooooo!!!

tiaragirl

Loved this TR so much - your pictures and phenomenal and I might use some of them as incentive for the finace-almost-husband to hit a trip.

He, for some reason, brought up Alaska last night. I think he was testing me. Too bad I've already priced it - don't mess with my Disney!

Favourite photos include the atrium with the reflection of the chandelier on the piano (SO inspired, SO gorgeous) and Grampie Walt just chillin.

Lovely.

Thanks again :)

Disney_Belle

Oh man! It's over already?!

Was your trivia host Jo? We had her and she was hysterical. We went to 90's music trivia so seeing her act out the songs (especially the one from Titanic, you know, being on a ship and all) was so funny. We loved her.

I'm not much of a drinker, but the $15 for mixology was definitely worth it! There were only 12 in our group at Skyline. We looked up the drinks we had made and $15 wouldn't have bought you even 1 1/2 of them off the regular menu! So not only is it fun, but you get good drinks, too. I only drank 1 1/2 of mine. I have the rest away.

Looks like you gals had a heck of a cruise. I'm sad the report is over, though!

Tiggerfanatic

Awww, I'm not ready for it to be over! Let's do it again. Oh, wait, we are! YAY!

I agree with Kelly, the Mixology class is a must-do for every cruise from here to eternity, forever and ever. I loved your pictures - they really showed how much fun we all were having. And, yes, I think undrunk is a real word. I know I did my best not to leave any drink undrunk!

And it cannot be said enought times - this cruise was a truly awesome experience and I am so glad I got to meet and make all these wonderful new friends. Next September can't come soon enough!

plaz10

I just want to reiterate that you slamming your shot glass was the HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY. Seriously I could not get over it. Absolutely hilarious. And yeah I was going to just pour a few cokes since the gun and glasses were right there...he was like NO NO..NO NO..THEY HAVE TO MAKE DRINKS TOO. Oh...ok sure sounds good! He was nice about it but nice in a scolding way. Ha.

Sad this TR is over...but excited for your Disney portion because I make an appearance there too! Yay!

It really was a fabulous cruise. Wish I could go in 2014 but 2015 I should be there!

HollyBelle

I'm pretty sure "At Sea Day" needs to be renamed "Mixology Day!" Yes?!

Your review of Remy brunch has me thinking I have to try it on the next cruise. Plus, $25 champagne flight?! That's a steal! And a pretty amazing way to start the day.

Confession time... when I grabbed your camera to take some pictures, I fully considered running away with it. :D The fact that we were on a ship and there was nowhere for me to go may just have been the only thing keeping me from going for it! And now, my full frame/L lens is in full force.

And I'm with @sweetpee_1993 , you did way more than you're giving yourself credit for. Again, my apologies for kinda bailing on you both.

Fabulous trip report and photos, as always, Tammy!

Ariel484

Woohoo, Mixology Day! That was so much fun!

You totally have me convinced that I need to try Remy...brunch or dinner (or both??). I admire your adventurous spirit at the restaurants for sure.

Thanks again, Tammy. I'm so appreciative of everything you did to make this cruise happen. :)

LuvsTheMouse

Tammy, sorry to read this part of your trip report is over...Love it, and the photos you took WOW! Thanks again for getting this all together and answering all my questions. I am so glad I also came across the thread while checking out the cruise forum. And that was end of November 2011. Time flew by way too fast.

Now awaiting the next part! Thanks again Tammy :D

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
@HollyBelle , @Ariel484 , you girls are brilliant, "Mixology Day" it is!!! Especially since they seem to cater to everyone, lushes or not! :D And yes, Remy brunch for you both. We can only hope that Clement re-ups on DCL. He was such a sweetie (and not hard to look at ;) )

iloverags2

Awesome review! Your mixology class sounds super...and how cool they had non-alcoholic drinks for you to do as well. :) Thanks for sharing!

sweetpee_1993

Tammy, I laughed out loud at your inner Marion Ravenwood! The first one is the best movie of all of them. ;)

Those ears on the stairs shots look like the very definition of herding cats. LOL

Herding cats! ROFLMBO! Not all that different than 4 & 5 yros playing teeball which I always referred to as herding chickens... LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom