Trip Report Cruising With the 27 Ladies of Leisure!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Day 1 - Departure Day

It was time!! Finally time!! Seriously, I could not believe it was finally here! Today I was finally going to meet Kelly, Christina, Siobhan, Joanna, etc. etc!! After two years of planning and anticipation, the big day was here!

Look! Here’s the proof! My phone said this!

Of course waking up at 3:30 in the morning was a little bit earlier than I wanted to start the big day, but I would suffer through. :) It was harder for my dear hubby, Stephen to suffer through considering Saturday is his one morning to sleep in!

It may have been even harder considering that I had just remembered to tell him the night before where I was staying the first night. Actually he asked, and when I told him -The Grand Floridian (!!!!), his reply was – “I hate you.”

Well that escalated quickly. ;)

But he forgave me like the loving husband he is and we were off to the Las Vegas airport!

Stephen dropped me off at the Sky cab where I discovered my suitcase weighed 57 pounds! Oh snap! :eek:

Unfortunately my carry-ons were also packed to the gills with camera equipment and fish extender gifts, so there was no moving stuff over. I grabbed my toiletries bag out, not really knowing what I was going to do with it, and the bag passed muster.

After finishing the check in and going inside, I realized my hairspray, toothpaste and lotion inside my toiletries bag were way way over 4 ounces. Double snap!

At this point I had no other choice but to throw them away. Shoot a monkey!

I threw them out and went to my gate. I tried desperately to repack my carry-ons with my toiletries bag inside but it wasn’t happening. :p

I finally decided I was going to have to carry all three and if they stopped me I would throw the toiletries bag out. Disney has a new makeup line right? :D

Luckily I had an early boarding number and no one said anything about the third bag. I’m sure I imagined the dirty looks from other passengers as well.

Flying without Stephen and Chase always presents a problem when putting my camera bag in the overhead. That thing weighs a ton when it’s full. Sometimes I can get it up there, but let’s face it, usually not. I usually make a valiant effort until a kindly gentleman feels sorry enough for me (or fears for his life should I drop it on his head) and offers to help.

Thank you to all 4 such kindly gentlemen on each flight segment there and home. :)

After finally sitting down I berated myself for not packing better. But really! I was going for 12 days! With fish extender gifts to bring! I had done pretty well I thought!

When I ordered my gifts, I pictured them fitting nicely inside each other and taking up a small section of my suitcase. Could not have been more wrong. When two giant boxes arrived the day before I left I knew I was in trouble. :eek:

But I made it! And surely my bag would be lighter going back. Right? :rolleyes:

I had a short flight in the wrong direction to Los Angeles, followed a crazy long flight to Orlando. I watched The Intern, napped, read and Photoshopped. I was still had hopes of finishing my Mediterranean trip report before this trip really started! Nope! Fail. :(

Anywhoo, before I knew it, I was at MCO! Yay!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
The flight attendant made an announcement that baggage claim was at a standstill and so if you were getting bags you should be in no hurry! Ouch!

I texted Kelly when I got off, but didn’t hear back so I headed down to DME. When I passed baggage claim I was extra thankful for DME because it was packed! People were sitting on the belts because they weren’t moving at all!

After I got downstairs, Kelly texted me that she and Christina were on the ground and on their way! Woo hoo!

So I hung out and took some pictures.

I bought some M&M’s for sustenance for my 6 hour flight, but miraculously I hadn’t eaten them yet! Time to change that.

When Kelly and Christina got there we may or may not have all squealed. Our trip was really starting!

We were first on the DME bus which always means a long wait while they filled it. No worries, we chatted and got caught up on our phones.

Before we knew it, we were there! Yay! Missy met us in the lobby before she was off to meet her cousin.

Disney_Belle

I feel like I've been saying this A LOT lately, but Yay! Tammy report!

And I can't believe that was the first time you and Kelly met! I'd been under the impression you've hung out before!

Ariel484

I feel your pain on the over-packing, Tammy. On my way home my suitcase weighed in at 53 pounds...arrg! :grumpy: "Shoot a monkey!" made me LOL!

You're killing me with those 1900 PF dessert pictures, they look soooooooo good! :hungry::hungry:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh, my, what a start to your trip! No toothbrush? That saved you an ounce or two. Oh, and I can relate to the "I hate you" comment (which made me laugh, btw), as I just floated the concept that the girls cruise may be an annual thing and got a heck of a stink-eye from the Mr. :p No worries, that's ever stopped me before. :D

No surprise that your group photos turned out the best of those I've seen so far.

1900PF dinner was a hoot, I think Cindy and the Steps were even more on their game with a table full of ladies. Great memories!!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

sweetpee_1993

Tammy! You started your report!!! WooHOOOOO!!!

Can I just say that I'm absolutely loving reading other peeps' reports! I know what the story basically is but am anxious to see it thru someone else's eyes. You know?

I won't speak for you or Christina, but when we found you at DME I will admit to squeeling. And hugging. Guilty as charged. :inlove:

Looking at your GF pics was almost surreal. I was right there. I watched you take those pictures. So neat to see what your lens saw!

I'm noticing I make a lot of interesting faces. I asked Chandler this morning if I'm an over-animated person in general. He didn't think so. Hmmmm....

Okay. Favorite 1900 PF pic was Siobhan with Cindy. That's a killer shot.

The toothbrush & bottled water run was interesting, 'specially seeing the groom-to-be moving into our building. I wonder if they had to get an additional room just to hold all that stuff. And how did he even get it all there???? Moving truck?

The giggle-fest 'til 2 a.m. was awesome. Missy is the best. I vote next cruise we do 2 nights pre-cruise so we can do the all-night giggle-fest 1 night then go to sleep early the night before the cruise. If that's possible. And, if we can manage such a niiiiice rate, I'm down for GF again. I really enjoyed that waaaaay more than I ever thought I would.

Okay. Carry on. I need to see more.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

And I can't believe that was the first time you and Kelly met! I'd been under the impression you've hung out before!

That is sooo true! So many Tammy trip reports lately, lol!

No! But we talk so much it's like we're besties. :D

I feel your pain on the over-packing, Tammy. On my way home my suitcase weighed in at 53 pounds...arrg! :grumpy: "Shoot a monkey!" made me LOL!

You're killing me with those 1900 PF dessert pictures, they look soooooooo good! :hungry::hungry:

53 pounds!! Shoot a monkey! Lol

I apologize to monkeys. No harm intended. :)

Oh, my, what a start to your trip! No toothbrush? That saved you an ounce or two. Oh, and I can relate to the "I hate you" comment (which made me laugh, btw), as I just floated the concept that the girls cruise may be an annual thing and got a heck of a stink-eye from the Mr. :p No worries, that's ever stopped me before. :D

No surprise that your group photos turned out the best of those I've seen so far.

1900PF dinner was a hoot, I think Cindy and the Steps were even more on their game with a table full of ladies. Great memories!!

Exactly! I could have added one more ounce! Haha!

As long as the stinkeye doesn't stop you, stinkeyes are fine. :D

I totally agree. I think they were playing it up for all the ladies.

Wonderful memories for sure. :)

sweetpee_1993

We email so much, especially the 2 years leading up to the cruise, it felt like I'd really "known" Tammy forever. I think going into the girls cruise weekend the only person I'd actually physically met was Christina. Naturally. ;)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tammy! You started your report!!! WooHOOOOO!!!

Can I just say that I'm absolutely loving reading other peeps' reports! I know what the story basically is but am anxious to see it thru someone else's eyes. You know?

I won't speak for you or Christina, but when we found you at DME I will admit to squeeling. And hugging. Guilty as charged. :inlove:

Looking at your GF pics was almost surreal. I was right there. I watched you take those pictures. So neat to see what your lens saw!

I'm noticing I make a lot of interesting faces. I asked Chandler this morning if I'm an over-animated person in general. He didn't think so. Hmmmm....

Okay. Favorite 1900 PF pic was Siobhan with Cindy. That's a killer shot.

The toothbrush & bottled water run was interesting, 'specially seeing the groom-to-be moving into our building. I wonder if they had to get an additional room just to hold all that stuff. And how did he even get it all there???? Moving truck?

The giggle-fest 'til 2 a.m. was awesome. Missy is the best. I vote next cruise we do 2 nights pre-cruise so we can do the all-night giggle-fest 1 night then go to sleep early the night before the cruise. If that's possible. And, if we can manage such a niiiiice rate, I'm down for GF again. I really enjoyed that waaaaay more than I ever thought I would.

Okay. Carry on. I need to see more.

I totally agree! I love reading the reports through someone elses eyes! It's such a different experience and it's sooooo fun!

I forgot about the groom to be!! With like three trolleys FULL of stuff and a whole cart?!! That was crazy!

Okay, good idea. Two nights. But I can't promise we will sleep much either night! :)

LuvsTheMouse

YIPEE!! Another trip report! :happy: Great pictures as always Tammy!!! It will be so cool to read everyone
different take on things. Can't wait for more... I will leave my trip reporting to PartOfYourWorld since I traveled with her...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom