courtesy on disney transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

going2oahu

I think it would be appropriate for the bus driver to suggest that as folks are boarding. Sometimes courteous behavior is ready to erupt - just takes a little prodding :animwink:

Craig & Lisa

I have never really HAD to ask my sons to give up their seats, but from watching me they have learned to do so when it come's to their attention, and sometimes we are told to not worry about it, I'm fine, or I'm ok, and we smile and say ok. My sons are often told that they don'thave to but they as gentlemen insist that they take it, and it makes my DW and I smile from ear to ear knowing that they have learned, especially when they compliment us on their manners. 21 days and counting till visit 20 for my wife and I and 19 for our sons.......CAN'T WAIT!!!! :D:sohappy::D:sohappy:

CaptainJackNO

Honestly the joke was not funny. Most racist jokes are done the same way and end the same way..... Some of my best friends are.......

Where you are from has nothing to do with the way you were raised. My parents taught me from an early age to have respect. To this day I would not even think twice about offering my seat to a lady. That is what a gentlemen does. He does not think said lady should have waited for the next bus if she wanted a seat.

I also want to point out that this in 'my choice". If you choose not to stand and offer your seat, that is your right. I have never thought less of a person for not offering their seat but I would think less of myself if I didn't.

If you understood sarcasm, you would have realized that my using "some of my best friends are" comment was a jab at people like that. There is no reason on these boards to attack folks for having a sense of humor. If the comment does not apply to you, then there should be no problem. Give it a rest, already. How on earth do you make the jump to racism, for pete's sake? That is a reach and a deep look, in my opinion, to your way of handling someone who disagrees with you. Rather than argue the disagreement, you choose to jump to slanderous comments about folks you do not know. :hurl: Be an adult and deal with the issue at hand, courtesy on Disney buses. How you made a leap from this subject to race says far more about you and your way of thinking.
Give it a rest and get a sense of humor.

Uncle Lupe

The same reason subways have more people than seats.

But on a subway you don't have the potential hazard of other drivers. You are not going to be cut off be another train and have to take evasive action.

With a public company worried about bad press from lawsuits I wish that they would be more proactive and add a park to park Rocket Rod system.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
But on a subway you don't have the potential hazard of other drivers. You are not going to be cut off be another train and have to take evasive action.

With a public company worried about bad press from lawsuits that they would be more proactive and add a park to park Rocket Rod system.

OK, I'll go along with that. :wave:

elisatonks

Whilst on the subject...other things that i find irritating on buses are:

People on wheelchairs who then get off the wheelchair and take up another one or two seats. This is particuarly frustrating at peak times when the buses are busy, and when they have their own seat then they should leave the bus seats to other guests. I noticed that last year that the drivers have been enforcing a policy that they must stay seated on the wheelchair.

I can see you fustration, however i know that they make wheelchair users using scooters transfer to a seat for safety reasons. If the chair has a seat belt on it they are allowed to stay. (my husband has an electric wheelchair and is allowed to stay in his chair, however on many occasions a scooter has got on at the same time as us and the driver almost always asked them to get out of the scooter and transfer to a seatfor safety reasons.)

Tinkyroo

We do what one other poster said. We have young children and we do not want them standing so if the bus seats are full we will wait for the next bus so they can sit. We would never want to take a seat from someone else. We will also put them on our laps so there will be seats for others even though our kids weigh between 52 and 76 pounds (and I only weigh 132 lbs -not too comfy!) . I have noticed many times people with little children like ages 1 to 3 or 4 will not do the same. :veryconfu

Olijimcha

We will also put them on our laps so there will be seats for others even though our kids weigh between 52 and 76 pounds (and I only weigh 132 lbs -not too comfy!) . I have noticed many times people with little children like ages 1 to 3 or 4 will not do the same. :veryconfu

I won't do it because it is dangerous - in the event of an accident the force of an adult crushing a small child against the seat in front doesn't bear thinking about.

On another note does anyone know what the policy on capacity for Disney buses is - how many standing/seated allowed?

Exactly. The argument he made just doesn't hold up. Rather making excuses for their general lack of courtesy.

It is not a lack of courtesy. No one is forcing these people to get on a packed bus. Being a man does not mean you should give your seat up for a woman nor does being young. Young people are tired too. If you are so tired that you do not want to wait for the next bus then maybe you should have left the park a little earlier rather than when you were completely drained. And in case you haven't noticed, there are benches around to sit on while waiting for a bus and there is also the ground.

I am not trying to argue with anyone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and it does not make them right or wrong. That is why it is called an opinion. I just don't think it is right to say someone is being inconsiderate or rude for not giving up a seat. That is my opinion.

Phonedave

I have said it before - As a fit, 39 year old man, I will NEVER get to sit on a Disney bus at park closing.

No matter if I wait for the next bus, or the next 3 busses, as long as some standee is getting on, I offer my seat.

I do it because It's just something I do. I fully understand if a person waits for an empty bus to come by, that they may want to sit. Anybody who WANTS to sit can wait for the next bus.

Just as it is common coutersey to give up your seat to children, eldery, women, etc. it is also common coutersey as a child, woman, elderly, etc not to feel you are ENTITLED to a seat and somone should give one up.

I have heard plent of snide comments on busses about people not giving up their seats. You know what, if you want a seat that bad, the polite thing to do is say "My kids are really tired, do you think you could please let them sit"

And for the record, I allways give up my seat, without being asked.

-dave

gwhb75

I'm kind of confused. Some posters seem to think that they have to give their seat up to anyone at any time. I think the post was about giving up your seat if someone with a need ends up standing (ie. a person with a disability or small children or the elderly).

I can say that my wife and I were there last year and always had our kids sitting on our laps so as not to take up four seats (when we were lucky enough to get seats). It annoyed me when I saw people standing with small kids while some families had their 3 year old taking up a seat. I think it is just common courtesy to think of the needs of others.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm kind of confused. Some posters seem to think that they have to give their seat up to anyone at any time. I think the post was about giving up your seat if someone with a need ends up standing (ie. a person with a disability or small children or the elderly).

I can say that my wife and I were there last year and always had our kids sitting on our laps so as not to take up four seats (when we were lucky enough to get seats). It annoyed me when I saw people standing with small kids while some families had their 3 year old taking up a seat. I think it is just common courtesy to think of the needs of others.

But we live in an entitlement age where everyone seems to believe that they deserve to have everything handed to them on a silver platter and their needs come first.

CaptainJackNO

I have said it before - As a fit, 39 year old man, I will NEVER get to sit on a Disney bus at park closing.

No matter if I wait for the next bus, or the next 3 busses, as long as some standee is getting on, I offer my seat.

I do it because It's just something I do. I fully understand if a person waits for an empty bus to come by, that they may want to sit. Anybody who WANTS to sit can wait for the next bus.

Just as it is common coutersey to give up your seat to children, eldery, women, etc. it is also common coutersey as a child, woman, elderly, etc not to feel you are ENTITLED to a seat and somone should give one up.

I have heard plent of snide comments on busses about people not giving up their seats. You know what, if you want a seat that bad, the polite thing to do is say "My kids are really tired, do you think you could please let them sit"

-dave

BINGO!!! Great Post. I am a 34 year old male and I accept that I will not sit on a bus at closing either. I am ok with that. Great Post, Dave... I'm with you.

elizs77

I'm in the same boat. I think some of the responses are going on the assumption that we're talking about giving up their seats at any time.

I think most people in this thread are talking about giving up seats to those who need it more, such as a handicapped person, an adult with a very small child, an obviously elderly person, etc. I don't think *most* of us able bodied women are expecting any man to give up his seat to us on a very crowded bus just because we have tatas. That's not the argument here. It's about doing the right thing - sacrificing our own needs to help someone out who needs what we have more than we do.

Disneybird

-dave

Thank you for being a gentleman. :sohappy:
But we live in an entitlement age where everyone seems to believe that they deserve to have everything handed to them on a silver platter and their needs come first.

Amen! This could certainly be said about alot of things, but that would be a whole new thread.

DisneyWall-E

Have you ever stood on a disney bus? I would rather stand the extra time in line over being pushed around the bus when the driver applies the brakes. Most disney drivers aren't gentle when it comes to braking.

Thank you....this is why seats should be given up to pregnant women, ederly, and women with children that can sit on their lap. Standing up while holding a child that is asleep or not old enough to walk properly is very dangerous. And for the person who said that you should wait another 20 min for the next bus while your child is screaming because they are exhausted....well until you have had children you will never understand....so to the person who posted the above coment I thank you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom