courtesy on disney transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Lupe

I don't think *most* of us able bodied women are expecting any man to give up his seat to us on a very crowded bus just because we have tatas. That's not the argument here. It's about doing the right thing - sacrificing our own needs to help someone out who needs what we have more than we do.

That is a good enough reason for me to give up my seat. The keepers of tatas have a great power. With great power comes great responsibility. Use it wisely.

wvdisneyfamily

If I'm not mistaken, aren't there signs on the busses that say to offer seats to persons needing them?

Good rule of thumb ~ Treat others as you would like them to treat you (or yours).

Thank you....this is why seats should be given up to pregnant women, ederly, and women with children that can sit on their lap. Standing up while holding a child that is asleep or not old enough to walk properly is very dangerous. And for the person who said that you should wait another 20 min for the next bus while your child is screaming because they are exhausted....well until you have had children you will never understand....so to the person who posted the above coment I thank you for that.

Uh no. If you have a child who is exhausted and screaming it is because you stayed out too late. It is not everyone elses problem because you stayed out too late. I understand a child could be full of energy one minute and then be exhausted the next but it is your job as a parent to know when enough is enough and it is time to leave the park to avoid the tantrums. Sometimes they are unavoidable but you should not expect anyone to give up a seat because you are elderly, pregnant or have a small child. It does not make me rude for not wanting to give up my seat and it does not mean I think I am entitled to anything. If you want a seat so bad then leave the parks earlier before the crowds start gathering at the lines.

CaptainJackNO

Uh no. If you have a child who is exhausted and screaming it is because you stayed out too late. It is not everyone elses problem because you stayed out too late. I understand a child could be full of energy one minute and then be exhausted the next but it is your job as a parent to know when enough is enough and it is time to leave the park to avoid the tantrums. Sometimes they are unavoidable but you should not expect anyone to give up a seat because you are elderly, pregnant or have a small child. It does not make me rude for not wanting to give up my seat and it does not mean I think I am entitled to anything. If you want a seat so bad then leave the parks earlier before the crowds start gathering at the lines.

:lookaroun:eek::confused::lookaroun:shrug:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im sure in this enlightened age that ladies dont need reminding that they strove for and got equality. Now just stand there and shut your traps, you cant cherry pick how equal you want to be.

Deary me.

fishing.gif

The other side of this is sometimes I'll sit down and think we are done loading when all of a sudden they sit there another 20 minutes and load it to the point where standing people are about in my lap. There may be small kids standing, but they may also be in the middle of the bus and I'm at the back. Some of those late nights after a long day I think everyone just wanted that bus to get moving and would rather stand and be tortured then wait and shuffle everyone around.

Ultimately I agree if someone has a baby or is older that could benefit from a seat, I'd give it up. Other than that, if someone chose to bring their child to Magic Kingdom and stay until 11pm after an entire day, well.. you already know what the bus ride will be like, guess that's a bad choice. The only positive part to standing is if it's not a terribly long ride you can the be first off instead of the last.

ligarced

Why am I not surprised this post came from the Northeast? :rolleyes:
People can criticize the south all you want, but you rarely encounter this mentality around here. Sheesh.......This is why I never pull for the New England Patriots....
Here's your sign
hey hey hey im from the northeast and moved to NC (husband is in the military) We get so mad going back up there becasue everyone is rude. Anyway, last year when we went. some people offered me a seat with my 1 yr old and then i would have my 4 yr old sit on my lap also but then my 6 yr old was left stading with my husband. I felt bad for her because she is still young, tired and not very graceful lol. My husband would always offer peole seats because its the nice thing to do. There was a few times when people would get up so my husband could get a seat but he would always say no and let my two older ones share a seat.

So you would stand in line an extra 20 min to avoid standing on a bus?:veryconfu Doesn't make sense to me. If you had spent that 20 min on the bus you would probably be back at your hotel.

Total apples and oranges scenario here... yes I would MUCH rather stand in line an extra 20 minutes than endure the stand on a bus. Anyone who asks that question as if it's the same thing can't have stood on too many of those 'pack em in' half hour bus rides. Besides that, my desire to wait in line longer to get a seat instead of stand doesn't affect anyone else, so it really doesn't matter.

And to the person who asked if there are circumstances where I would give up my seat... there are a few and usually it would only include someone who needed the seat who had gotten on the bus when seating was in question... if someone gets on the bus when you can clearly tell it's standing room only, I'm not getting up.

Thank you....this is why seats should be given up to pregnant women, ederly, and women with children that can sit on their lap. Standing up while holding a child that is asleep or not old enough to walk properly is very dangerous. And for the person who said that you should wait another 20 min for the next bus while your child is screaming because they are exhausted....well until you have had children you will never understand....so to the person who posted the above coment I thank you for that.

I have to take exception to part of this, and you're not the only one who's said something to this effect. I don't have kids yet, but when my sister and I went to disney when we were young we never threw fits in a public environment such as a park or on the buses just because we were tired or cranky. Either kids like that have been out way too long that day (parents fault) or kids like that have not been brought up with proper discipline (parents fault). Now I understand if it's a baby and doesn't know better... but there are plenty of big babies that I would actually go out of my way not to give up a seat to just because they are total brats or their parents are stupid. (Im sure that will get the fire stoked :) )

On a side note -- My wife and I like to play in the arcades when we go to disney and we land up with thousands of tickets. One of the things we enjoy doing is at the end of the trip searching around for a kid that is acting good and seems like a nice, well raised kid and hand them our tickets. Sometimes it takes a while... usually not though. I know that's off the subject but the whole 'bratty kids' thing just made me think of that.

MyLittleAngels

If you want a seat so bad then leave the parks earlier before the crowds start gathering at the lines.

There is absolutely no way to guarantee that you won't encounter lines when trying to leave the park. It all depends on the busses that come, and sometimes, it seems as though one resort will be neglected, causing tremendous lines at any time of the day. Leaving before closing isn't a guaranteed way to get a short line. Granted, it's been a while since I've used the busses, as we live here now .. But we have fmaily that comes down regularly, and they've had similar issues.

And while they may not be entitled to a seat, I don't care how tired I am .. I'm not watching a person holding a small child, or an elderly person fall and hit the floor of the bus just because I need to sit. Any able-bodied person that can watch an elderly man or woman try to support themselves while standing on a bus deserves the same (one day) when they themselves need the assistance.

Karma can horrible, or great ... It's up to you which end you get.

durangojim

But we live in an entitlement age where everyone seems to believe that they deserve to have everything handed to them on a silver platter and their needs come first.

I hate to say it, but a lot of people are wimps when it comes to their own physical discomfort, just look at how many people will drive around a crowded parking lot for 15 minutes so they can park 50 feet closer to the door rather than having to be inconvenieced by walking the extra time. Thank God WW2 was fought in the 40s and not today.

hardcard

Ok, here we go.. Soapbox time..

#1. Exhausted and Screaming = Tired? Not all the time, hell.. Not even half the time, but as a non-breeder I wouldn't expect you to understand.

#2. You're right, they are NOT entitled to that seat.. Neither are you... Just because you are more wiley and can win 'Musical Chairs' against a 87 year old woman, a 3 year old, and a pregnant woman, doesn't mean you are superior.. It's mean you are an insensative ______.

#3. Before crowds get bad? It's Disney.. Enough said.

And finally, As a whole, the concept of allowing a child, elderly person or pregnant woman to sit in a seat on a crowded bus is considered polite, and respectful of their condition.. Obviously 2 qualities which you lack..

Meanwhile, just the simple fact that you can hold during sudden stops much 'better' than the afore mentioned, means that you are at less risk while standing then they are.. But I guess you don't care if they smash into the side windows and lacerate their faces because they couldn't hold on during a sudden stop on the bus...

I'm sure most of this will go over your head, after all, you gotta take care of #1 first! Be sure to jump on the bus before the wheelchairs load too!! Thats premium seat space being wasted!

I just want to make one more point here. A few people have mentioned the safety of those who are standing. Parents who board a full bus with small children are obviously not too concerned about the safety of their children standing on a moving bus or they are EXPECTING people to give up their seats for them. If you are not concerned with your own safety then how can you expect others to be? And before the insults start coming I am not saying that I only care about myself and no one else. All I am saying is that it lies in the parents hands whether or not they want to risk the safety of their children by standing or take the precaution and wait the extra time for the next bus.

Ok, here we go.. Soapbox time..

#1. Exhausted and Screaming = Tired? Not all the time, hell.. Not even half the time, but as a non-breeder I wouldn't expect you to understand.

#2. You're right, they are NOT entitled to that seat.. Neither are you... Just because you are more wiley and can win 'Musical Chairs' against a 87 year old woman, a 3 year old, and a pregnant woman, doesn't mean you are superior.. It's mean you are an insensative ______.

#3. Before crowds get bad? It's Disney.. Enough said.

And finally, As a whole, the concept of allowing a child, elderly person or pregnant woman to sit in a seat on a crowded bus is

Meanwhile, just the simple fact that you can hold during sudden stops much 'better' than the afore mentioned, means that you are at less risk while standing then they are.. But I guess you don't care if they smash into the side windows and lacerate their faces because they couldn't hold on during a sudden stop on the bus...

I'm sure most of this will go over your head, after all, you gotta take care of #1 first! Be sure to jump on the bus before the wheelchairs load too!! Thats premium seat space being wasted!

"considered polite, and respectful of their condition.. Obviously 2 qualities which you lack.."
I am lacking those qualities? Who are you to talk? You are disrespecting me for having a difference of opinion. There is no reason for you to be rude. Have you ever heard of people having opinions? This is a discussion and if you can not read and contribute your own opinion like an adult then do not bother posting. I share a difference of opinion then most people on these boards but I am not insulting them in anyway so please do not insult me.

I never said I was superior to anyone else. I am not one of those people who see a bus coming and run ahead of everyone else...including those who may be too old to run. I stay with the crowd and get in line with the rest of them. Often I even go and just sit on a bench if I see the line is too long and I wait for it to shorten before entering. I guess this makes me a horrible person.

"But I guess you don't care if they smash into the side windows and lacerate their faces because they couldn't hold on during a sudden stop on the bus..." Is it my fault if they decide to board a bus that is clearly full? They boarded the bus so they are putting themselves at risk. Their decision not mine.

"As a whole, the concept of allowing a child, elderly person or pregnant woman to sit in a seat on a crowded bus is considered polite, and respectful of their condition.. Obviously 2 qualities which you lack.. " If you have read previous posts I have said that I have given up my seat before and yes I would again under certain circumstances. I am saying that people should not be expected too if they do not want to. You decide to get on a bus with or without seats then be prepared to deal with any consequences that may come.

j_dp456

I know I am going to get flamed for this but I do not think people should have to give up their seats. If there are no seats left on the bus then wait for the next one. Why should people who got in line first give up their seat just so someone else does not have to stand? Being older or having children is not a reason to get preferential treatment. I do not know how many times my husband and I got in line for a bus and then when it was our time to board we just stepped out of the way because we did not want to stand. If you don't want to stand, don't get on the bus.

:ROFLOL:Well I agree with you! I'm just as tired at the end of the day as anybody else. The only people I'll stand up for are elderly people. Everyone else.... sorry, but all is fair in Disney World!:lol:

coltow

A few years ago when DS was 8 months old we boarded a very full bus. I was holding him and was shocked at what happened. I stood in front of a family, the parents were probably in mid-30s and son was about 10. The father looked right at me and warned me to hold on the the railing becuase the bus was about to move. I didn't know how to respond. My mind said "what an jerk" but my heart broke that some one could see me (all 5'2" of me) holding a baby and not offer me any of the 3 seats they were sitting in. I've taken the subway in Boston with more politeness than the buses.

Now that being said, this was the one and only time we encountered this. Someone will usually off us a seat for the kids and DH will always stand unless the bus is empty. And I almost cried in proudness in December when 5yo asked me if he could stand with daddy give his seat to a baby.

CaptainJackNO

:ROFLOL:Well I agree with you! I'm just as tired at the end of the day as anybody else. The only people I'll stand up for are elderly people. Everyone else.... sorry, but all is fair in Disney World!:lol:

And we are the superior species?.....As George Carlin said, "And we wonder why a UFO doesn't stop by to say hello."
We'll see how you guys feel when you alpha males have kids.........

worldfanatic

I hate to say it, but a lot of people are wimps when it comes to their own physical discomfort, just look at how many people will drive around a crowded parking lot for 15 minutes so they can park 50 feet closer to the door rather than having to be inconvenieced by walking the extra time.

This has always bewildered me. People will drive around and around, or sit and wait for a car to leave when there's plenty of open spots just steps away.

Last month, I had a guy start honking at me because I wasn't pulling out of my space fast enough. I looked behind him and saw literally hundreds of open spots not 5 cars from mine. Well, as a good citizen, I decided to slowly get out and point out this fact to him.
Sure, as I did it, I was dropping F-bombs, but at least I was being helpful.
He must not have needed to shop too much, he left the parking lot completely.

I suppose I just took too long. :shrug::lol::shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom