Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I'm the same way about my weight loss. I gained 50 & 75 lbs with my pregnancies and, although my babies were big babies, those bundles weren't 50 & 75 lbs. :lol: Three years after I had my youngest I dropped 30 lbs. Over the past 10 years I've mostly either hovered around that mark or fluctuated down within another 10 lbs when I work at it. Only a couple times have I gone back up by up to 10 lbs. Yeah, I'm not ashamed to say I stood on a scale and saw 250 once upon a time. It just shows how far I've come. As for losing a 13 year old boy...some days I wish I could lose him, too. And a 15 year old one. And a 39 year old one. :ROFLOL:

"Sometimes it's hard...to be...a woman...." LOL your post made me think of that line. We put on weight SO easily! Sometimes I get so jealous of Jason being able to eat whatever he wants and he's still a bean pole!

And look at us now!! Be looking for another package in the mail... I finally sent it yesterday. :D

Sweet, thank you so much! And yesterday I took a stroll down memory lane and re-read my 2009 TR. I had to smile when I saw the very first comment from you to me :)

Brett and I are also going to be down that weekend. :sohappy: Although the decision was based on the Wine & Dine half marathon, not the 40th.

If I recall correctly, the food and wine kiosks stay open until the park closes, but beware WS at night... on the weekends especially, it is an absolute madhouse during the F&W festival. We always find it more enjoyable in the afternoons.

I know you will be very busy 9/30 & 10/1 but we would love to have a quick drink or something :) If not this time, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future - we are now completely decided that we're moving to Orlando next year :sohappy: We told our families and most of them are on board. As expected, some are not ready to let go. They'll come around when they come to stay in our awesome house with a pool and hot tub :lol:

I forgot to mention that I won a contest for the SpeechEasy ear device that I wear to manage my stutter and they're sending me a $200 Target gift card! We decided to put it towards a DSLR (finally)! I've been studying up on aperture, shutter speed, and all that good photography jargon I've been missing with my P&S all these years. We are limited to Target's DSLR offerings but they have a pretty good deal on a Nikon D3000. I'd love to get a newer model but we cannot afford to spend more than a month's rent on a camera :(

sweetpee_1993

"Sometimes it's hard...to be...a woman...." LOL your post made me think of that line. We put on weight SO easily! Sometimes I get so jealous of Jason being able to eat whatever he wants and he's still a bean pole!

I used to be like that, where I could eat anything and everything with no problem. Then I had kids and got old(er). Tracey was, too. When we got married he wore a size 28x34. :eek: Needless to say, that man o'mine ain't the skinny little thing he once was. You never know, Jason's body just might change, too. Like I told Holly when it came to our fellas being able to never train for running and still prance out the door dancing circles around us with no effort....yeah, age is the great equalizer! These days I believe if Tracey tried a run with me I'd be the one dancing circles around him as he's laying on the ground...dead! :lookaroun :lol:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I used to be like that, where I could eat anything and everything with no problem. Then I had kids and got old(er). Tracey was, too. When we got married he wore a size 28x34. :eek: Needless to say, that man o'mine ain't the skinny little thing he once was. You never know, Jason's body just might change, too. Like I told Holly when it came to our fellas being able to never train for running and still prance out the door dancing circles around us with no effort....yeah, age is the great equalizer! These days I believe if Tracey tried a run with me I'd be the one dancing circles around him as he's laying on the ground...dead! :lookaroun :lol:

LOL Kelly you always make me laugh :) I think we need to figure out how to bottle that type of metabolism, obesity would be cured for sure! I've been up, down, and all around in my life. I was a chubby child which lead to a complex so I was a stick skinny teenager (not to mention I used to be a competitive figure skater so that helped). Then in college I gained the usual weight but I lost it for graduation. Then I was laid off from my first real job after only 3 months and the weight gain began. By the end of it I had gained - I'm not even kidding - 100 lbs. I'd like to say that will never happen again but you just never know what life throws at you. I'm not a big drinker so I find my comfort in food :hammer:

PartOfYourWorld

That's exactly why I'm doing this planning journal! I read a few before we settled on an Escape wedding and it really helped me. Not a lot of brides post the cost of things which I understand. But a few did and I couldn't believe that Disney was finally accommodating the economical bride. The economy isn't great these days and I think the trend has changed - parents don't always pay for the entire wedding. I think that's good because it's the struggle that makes everything worth it!

I'm now realizing how busy our trip is going to be (in a good way)! I think scheduling an informal WDWMagic meet would be the best way to go. I've seen some TRs where people did that and it worked out. I learned on our last trip that if you don't schedule a time to meet people, it probably won't happen. Everybody's plans are always different and the crowds can get in the way. I'll post something in the trip planning forum soon :)

Question

Can anyone tell me how late the Food & Wine booths are open? I think on 9/30 we want to check it out but after dinner.

I've read your journal here and Hollybelle's and it's definitely great to see that one can have a wedding in DisneyWorld for a very reasonable price! And exactly for the point you said I've already started saving money and by the time I get married in the future whenever that maybe be I will have saved up enough or where I won't have too much to dish out in the end. So I thank you for keeping this journal! Plus I just love hearing about weddings!

Yes definitely agreed on the informal meet. I'll keep an eye out in the trip planning section.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I've read your journal here and Hollybelle's and it's definitely great to see that one can have a wedding in DisneyWorld for a very reasonable price! And exactly for the point you said I've already started saving money and by the time I get married in the future whenever that maybe be I will have saved up enough or where I won't have too much to dish out in the end. So I thank you for keeping this journal! Plus I just love hearing about weddings!

I'm so glad this is helpful for you! I'm like you...I've been "planning" this forever! I did look at a few places at home but I always knew I wanted a Disney wedding but I didn't think we could afford it. There are actually cheaper ways to have a wedding on Disney property, for example at the Swan & Dolphin you can have characters but all other non Disney hotels you cannot have characters so we ended up going with Disney. I'm already looking forward to having a vow renewal in 10 years :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We got our official marriage license back from Brevard Co. courthouse today!! I thought it was interesting that it was sent via regular post, not even certified or anything. They're really on the ball, this was definitely the easiest time I've ever had dealing with a state agency :hammer:

diddy_mouse

Hooray for the license! :sohappy: Funny story about mine, if I may...my mom worked at our local circuit court and was quite adamant on presiding over my husband and I getting our marriage license. It was kinda sweet to see just how happy she was and getting to see the smile on her face as she swore us in. So when I look through my wedding stuff I get to see her signature alongside ours. Man, she was so proud that day. :lol:

Each day you are getting closer and closer!!! To quote princess Jasmine "It's all so magical!"

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Hooray for the license! :sohappy: Funny story about mine, if I may...my mom worked at our local circuit court and was quite adamant on presiding over my husband and I getting our marriage license. It was kinda sweet to see just how happy she was and getting to see the smile on her face as she swore us in. So when I look through my wedding stuff I get to see her signature alongside ours. Man, she was so proud that day. :lol:

Each day you are getting closer and closer!!! To quote princess Jasmine "It's all so magical!"

Aww what a cute story! My sister got married at Cal Ripken Stadium in 2009 and I got to sign her marriage license as a witness. I was very proud of her that day too - she always thought Jason and I would get married before her. She looked beautiful that day and I'm so lucky that she's letting me borrow her tiara!

LOVE the Princess Jasmine quote, I say that SO often when we're in the parks and it's a little inside joke :)

It's funny, now that all of our guests are booked and have figured out the expense of it all they're getting very excited! They're all talking about what rides they want to go on the most and what they want to eat. We're big sushi eaters so everyone's excited for Yakitori House. Jason and I usually eat there 2-3 times per trip but this time will be extra special because my Japanese grandmother (O Ba Chan) will be there! I don't even know what I'm most excited about :D (but probably the wedding...duh LOL)

OMG I just realized it's 49 Days today!! SQUEE!!!!

PartOfYourWorld

I'm so glad this is helpful for you! I'm like you...I've been "planning" this forever! I did look at a few places at home but I always knew I wanted a Disney wedding but I didn't think we could afford it. There are actually cheaper ways to have a wedding on Disney property, for example at the Swan & Dolphin you can have characters but all other non Disney hotels you cannot have characters so we ended up going with Disney. I'm already looking forward to having a vow renewal in 10 years :D

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one! :D And I must not be doing my research very well! I didn't actually know that! I was always looking through Disney's Fairytales Wedding Website.

And it's never too early to plan ahead! You must be getting really excited that it's less than 50 days away!!!!!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one! :D And I must not be doing my research very well! I didn't actually know that! I was always looking through Disney's Fairytales Wedding Website.

And it's never too early to plan ahead! You must be getting really excited that it's less than 50 days away!!!!!

It is never too early to plan ahead - totally agreed! I remember back when my sister and I were single and we would request the Fairytale Weddings DVD annually. Unfortunately, I think we were part of the problem and they don't do a DVD anymore :(

I got a lot of good ideas from watching Disney Wedding stuff on YouTube. Here's a link to my Disney Fairytale Weddings Playlist. Enjoy! :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

It took about a week to nail down the final BEO but we did and we signed it last night!! I put the check in the mail today :sohappy: We're now officially getting married in Disney World!

I think most people pay via credit card but we couldn't do that because we don't have a card with a high enough limit. Disney Weddings also lets you split your account into master and sub accounts if other people are contributing to the wedding. Jason and I didn't have any contributors so we literally saved up cash to pay for this wedding which is not something many people do. I am so proud of us for eating hot dogs and brinner (breakfast for dinner) to scrimp and save for this event. This was a lot of hard work and we're going to enjoy every single minute of our trip!

I'M HAVING A MAGICAL DAY!!

PartOfYourWorld

It is never too early to plan ahead - totally agreed! I remember back when my sister and I were single and we would request the Fairytale Weddings DVD annually. Unfortunately, I think we were part of the problem and they don't do a DVD anymore :(

I got a lot of good ideas from watching Disney Wedding stuff on YouTube. Here's a link to my Disney Fairytale Weddings Playlist. Enjoy! :sohappy:

:lol: That's pretty funny that you guys requested it annually! No wonder they don't do one anymore! :)

And thank you for this link! It will keep me occupied for a looong time :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
:lol: That's pretty funny that you guys requested it annually! No wonder they don't do one anymore! :)

And thank you for this link! It will keep me occupied for a looong time :D

Yeah I often wondered if there were others out there like us...Disney fanatics dreaming of our Fairytale ending and just crazy enough to request a Fairytale Weddings DVD :hammer:

I just noticed the full play time of my YouTube playlist is over 6 hrs! I didn't make this all in one day mind you :) It's been ongoing for months! Speaking of which, I really wish more brides would post a picture slideshow or video. I only see new ones every few months! Come on girls, I need new material!! But definitely check out the Disney Weddings Food Network Special on my playlist. That one's my favorite (of course because it's food haha).

TomHendricks

Yeah, we made the list.

PartOfYourWorld

Yeah I often wondered if there were others out there like us...Disney fanatics dreaming of our Fairytale ending and just crazy enough to request a Fairytale Weddings DVD :hammer:

I just noticed the full play time of my YouTube playlist is over 6 hrs! I didn't make this all in one day mind you :) It's been ongoing for months! Speaking of which, I really wish more brides would post a picture slideshow or video. I only see new ones every few months! Come on girls, I need new material!! But definitely check out the Disney Weddings Food Network Special on my playlist. That one's my favorite (of course because it's food haha).

That is alot of videos! I have only watched the first two so far, but I will get to every single one eventually :D And I will make sure to keep that food network one in mind! I'll have to keep checking for new videos as well, hopefully like you said more people will post!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

It took about a week to nail down the final BEO but we did and we signed it last night!! I put the check in the mail today :sohappy: We're now officially getting married in Disney World!

I think most people pay via credit card but we couldn't do that because we don't have a card with a high enough limit. Disney Weddings also lets you split your account into master and sub accounts if other people are contributing to the wedding. Jason and I didn't have any contributors so we literally saved up cash to pay for this wedding which is not something many people do. I am so proud of us for eating hot dogs and brinner (breakfast for dinner) to scrimp and save for this event. This was a lot of hard work and we're going to enjoy every single minute of our trip!

I'M HAVING A MAGICAL DAY!!

:sohappy: CONGRATS!!! :sohappy:

Sorry I didn't notice this post yesterday when I posted for some reason

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Yeah, we made the list.

Of course! I actually showed your video to my Mom when she was in town a few weeks ago. We were both in tears! You both look really happy :)

That is alot of videos! I have only watched the first two so far, but I will get to every single one eventually :D And I will make sure to keep that food network one in mind! I'll have to keep checking for new videos as well, hopefully like you said more people will post!

Haha welcome to the dark side :hammer: Right after we got engaged, for months every Saturday I would just sit and watch YouTube videos of Disney Fairytale Weddings :) I've seen some on other sites like Vimeo too.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Ups and Downs

Today I was asked to help out on the WDWRadio.com blog! They're interested in starting a wedding series and of course I'm interested! I'll make time for it somewhere :hammer:

I was highly displeased to hear of 2 refurbs during our trip: Grand Floridian Spa and Yakitori House at Japan in EPCOT :( I had an appointment for a manicure on 9/26 so I called GF today and talked to Brent. He was so sweet, he told me that they were waiting to call people to reschedule appointments because they are coordinating transportation for anyone who has to cancel an appointment. I love Disney, no other company would do that at their own expense. Luckily, he got me an appointment at the Contemporary instead and I don't need transportation since it's just 2 monorail stops away. I didn't even know there was a salon at the Contemporary and I've stayed there 4 times! What I loved about Brent was that he took care of it for me. I'm so used to hassle and bad customer service at home, it's nice to come back to Disney reality :)

Can anyone tell me if the outdoor seating area, waterfall, and bridge are open during the Yakitori House refurb? If they're not, it's going to put a crimp in our Bridal Portrait Session plans :(

My 2nd Wedding Dress fitting is Monday! I can't believe it's here already, it doesn't feel like 3 weeks have gone by. It's going to be September before we know it :sohappy:

Ravenclaw87

Hi Shelly,

If no one gets back to you by then, I'll be in the world in five days!!!!! (Just for the weekend) so I can take pictures if you need them! <3

And that's so cool! I want to help out with the WDWradio blog! Congrats!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Pictures of the Yakitori House refurb are now surfacing online and yes the entire area is behind construction walls including the outdoor seating, waterfall, and bridge. :cry: We're not going to be able to see our favorite family of ducks. Well at least F&W starts the day of our portrait sessions so maybe we'll get some cute pics of the kiosks before they open. Thank GOD I chose UK Lochside instead of Japan for the DP! I was really on the fence about that one since I'm part Japanese. But the view from UK is the best IMO.

I need to start a photo shot list of photos we want for the wedding day and bridal portraits. I'm happy to take suggestions!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Hi Shelly,

If no one gets back to you by then, I'll be in the world in five days!!!!! (Just for the weekend) so I can take pictures if you need them! <3

And that's so cool! I want to help out with the WDWradio blog! Congrats!

Thanks, Jackie! Have a magical time and enjoy your planning session :sohappy: I'm SO excited for you! And I'm so happy to have your wedding to look forward to after my wedding. Jason was worried about me having "post fairytale depression" because what could possibly top this?

I'll let them know you're interested in contributing to the WDWRadio blog, Jason actually said he would be interested too. I'm going to try to get him to contribute to the TR too :) But he can't sign up on this site until after the wedding because of all the pictures of me in my dress!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom