Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Stunning! You are absolutely STUNNING! I can't wait to see the complete package with hair and make up (and groom! :lol:).

Great choice to skip the necklace. I'm of the "less is more" mentality and I agree that a necklace would've competed too much with the detail on your dress. And we can't have that!! Plus, I personally like strapless dresses without a necklace... it really elongates the neck and sophisticates the look (in my opinion).

Aww thanks Holly :) I've never seen Jason in a tux but I'm sure he'll look SO handsome. I told him he and his brother should go to Harmony Barber Shop in the morning for a shave and a hair cut (two bits hehe). He's going to look SO handsome all cleanly shaven in a tux....with those big green eyes...swoon!!

I also think that it would be hard to keep the necklace in one place all day. Sure, I could use hollywood fashion tape but I don't think that would be too comfortable on my chest all day and night long. But yeah, I do think it looks more sophisticated without a necklace :)

Ariel484

You look fabulous! You're completely right about how flattering that dress looks...love it.

The bouquet is great, and I love the earrings that you picked out...and count me as another vote for no necklace. It's all coming together! :sohappy:

TiggerTime

Your bigger bouquet is perfect! You did such a great job on it and it looks so real.

If your taking votes, I vote for no necklace. The top of your dress is so lovely that you don't need it.

Time is flying by so fast and before you know it the day will be here.

Best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
You look fabulous! You're completely right about how flattering that dress looks...love it.

The bouquet is great, and I love the earrings that you picked out...and count me as another vote for no necklace. It's all coming together! :sohappy:

Thank you! I really like how the criss cross pattern makes my waist look so small! I can't wait to go back next week.

OO I can't wait to get the earrings! I almost waited and bought them at Arribbas Bros in WDW but I didn't want to chance that they were out of stock. I doubt it though, they're apparently really popular. I can see why!

Your bigger bouquet is perfect! You did such a great job on it and it looks so real.

If your taking votes, I vote for no necklace. The top of your dress is so lovely that you don't need it.

Time is flying by so fast and before you know it the day will be here.

Best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Thank you for the compliment on my bouquet :) I spent a really long time on it. This DIY stuff takes a good chunk of time!

Another vote for no necklace, woohoo! That's one less thing I have to worry about.

I'm getting nervous for my trip to Vancouver but also excited. Work is making the time whiz by! After I get back, it's Labor Day weekend, the next week I ship everything down, and then two weeks later we leave for our trip!! :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

You look Amazing!!! :) I looove the bouquet, and the earrings are just gorgeous! Such a good pick with the dress.

And I completely agree with that wedding tradition. I just feel it's not the same experience if the groom sees the dress before the wedding you know? And plus getting to see his expression when he sees you for the first time in the dress: PRICELESS.

It's coming up so soon!! :sohappy:

Frenort21

I just found your thread. I wanted to say congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding. My husband and I were married in the wedding pavilion on Sept. 27, 2007 by Rev. Knox and Kathleen was our wedding planner too (sorry got really excited to see this). It was everything we wanted. I hope yours is Amazing.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
You look Amazing!!! :) I looove the bouquet, and the earrings are just gorgeous! Such a good pick with the dress.

And I completely agree with that wedding tradition. I just feel it's not the same experience if the groom sees the dress before the wedding you know? And plus getting to see his expression when he sees you for the first time in the dress: PRICELESS.

It's coming up so soon!! :sohappy:

Thank you so much! I'm really glad I redid the bouquet, it's much better now. And it's a cute keepsake! I can't wait for the earrings to get here :) I'm sure I'll wear them everyday on our trip, they're too cute! Gotta love Arribbas Bros. I'm planning to get us a set of glass mugs with wedding Mickey & Minnie and our wedding date engraved on them.

We almost scheduled our bridal portraits the day of the wedding so I wouldn't have to get hair and makeup done twice but in the end, it's worth the extra expense so Jason sees me for the first time when those doors open at the Wedding Pavilion :)

I just found your thread. I wanted to say congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding. My husband and I were married in the wedding pavilion on Sept. 27, 2007 by Rev. Knox and Kathleen was our wedding planner too (sorry got really excited to see this). It was everything we wanted. I hope yours is Amazing.

Wow what a coincidence!! I'm so glad to hear you had good experiences with RevKev and Kathleen. They have both been so wonderful. I really liked how RevKev met with us in person and explained what the day would be like. I think that helped Jason because this is the first wedding in his family and he's never been in a wedding. I'm basically a pro by now, I was in both of my sisters' weddings.

Welcome to WDWMagic :) I've met a lot of good friends here and I'm sure you will too!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Wedding Day Itinerary

I was thinking it might be helpful to post my wedding day itinerary so other brides and grooms out there can know how busy it will be!!

Daytime
5:30AM Wake Up Call
6AM - 6:45AM Breakfast with my future husband at Gasparilla Grill (gotta love the view of Cindy's Castle outside!!! SQUEE!!!)
7AM Meet the bridal party in my Mom's room @GF
7:30AM - 8:30AM Carolyn Allen's Dress Steaming Appointment (Mom's room)
8AM - 10:30AM Patricia LeJeune Hair & Makeup Services (Mom's room)
10:45AM Limo service starts for guests (we have scheduled 1 pick up for Jason's family at the DoubleTree Downtown Disney)
11AM Walk down to the lobby, pictures (Bride and Groom will be kept separate); guests arrive
11:15AM Groom & guests take limo to WP
11:45AM Bride & guests take limo to WP
12PM Wedding Ceremony
12:30PM - 1PM Professional Photography, family photos around WP & GF
1PM - 1:30PM Cake & Champagne Celebration (Breakdown includes announcement of Bride & Groom, Mickey & Minnie arrival, 2 family toasts, first dance, cake cutting, oh my!)
1:30PM - 2PM Family pictures around GF
2PM Limo takes guests back to the DoubleTree

Evening
7PM Sedan picks up Bride & Groom @GF lobby; Luxury Van picks up guests at the DoubleTree Downtown Disney
7:30PM Host leads party to UK Lochside; some guests will meet at the dessert party location
7:30PM - 9:30PM Dessert Party (Dessert service from 7:30PM - 9PM)
9:30PM Host leads party back to private transportation; Sedan takes Bride & Groom back to GF; Luxury Van takes guests back to the DoubleTree Downtown Disney

Yep I'm very glad we did not schedule bridal portraits on the wedding day!! That would have been WAY too much.

Ravenclaw87

Sounds like a busy (amazing!) day. Do you and Jason have anything special planned for the afternoon? Or will it just be "nap" time? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* :ROFLOL:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Sounds like a busy (amazing!) day. Do you and Jason have anything special planned for the afternoon? Or will it just be "nap" time? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* :ROFLOL:

LMAO! You almost made me do a spit take with my morning tea. I really don't know what we'll be doing all afternoon and I was just going to play it by ear. My family is planning to go to EPCOT right after the wedding and stay all night. Jason and I can't go to any parks in our wedding attire so I'm guessing we'll just walk around the GF, maybe ride the monorail and take some pics at the hotels. Or if we're totally exhausted, I thought we might splurge on room service. I don't think I'm going to take my dress off since we're wearing our wedding attire to the EPCOT DP. I was reading an article about a couple that paid for a standard room at GF but got a free upgrade to the Bridal Suite! Wouldn't that be cool?? In that event, you betcha we would hang out in the room!

PartOfYourWorld

Thank you so much! I'm really glad I redid the bouquet, it's much better now. And it's a cute keepsake! I can't wait for the earrings to get here :) I'm sure I'll wear them everyday on our trip, they're too cute! Gotta love Arribbas Bros. I'm planning to get us a set of glass mugs with wedding Mickey & Minnie and our wedding date engraved on them.

We almost scheduled our bridal portraits the day of the wedding so I wouldn't have to get hair and makeup done twice but in the end, it's worth the extra expense so Jason sees me for the first time when those doors open at the Wedding Pavilion :)

I like how its fuller now (I think that is the right word for me to use) And I love the red. And those earrings will go great with anything so I hope you wear them your whole trip :)Along with the nice hat you have!

It's a good thing you didn't schedule it on the day of your wedding It would have been way too much and you probably would have been exhausted by the time your dessert party came around! You will definitely have a busy busy day!

And I have a question for you. For escape weddings does the pricing change depending on what day of the week you have it on? I know that the price is different depending on the venue but does the day of the week have any part in it?

Ariel484

Sounds jam-packed, yet awesome. Make sure you try to take it all in...the day will be over in a flash! :lol: :lookaroun

And yes, definitely good call on doing the portraits another day!

Ravenclaw87

LMAO! You almost made me do a spit take with my morning tea. I really don't know what we'll be doing all afternoon and I was just going to play it by ear. My family is planning to go to EPCOT right after the wedding and stay all night. Jason and I can't go to any parks in our wedding attire so I'm guessing we'll just walk around the GF, maybe ride the monorail and take some pics at the hotels. Or if we're totally exhausted, I thought we might splurge on room service. I don't think I'm going to take my dress off since we're wearing our wedding attire to the EPCOT DP. I was reading an article about a couple that paid for a standard room at GF but got a free upgrade to the Bridal Suite! Wouldn't that be cool?? In that event, you betcha we would hang out in the room!

Oohh I hope you get the upgrade! We're getting our free room at the GF. It's a standard room, but I'm hoping for an upgrade too! PLEASE take lots of pics at the GF... I want pictures of the room!!!

But you can keep naptime pics to yourself..... :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: I crack myself up.

Trouble

I've been reading for a while but was so inspired by how BEAUTIFUL you look in your dress I wanted to pop in and say so. You look absolutely lovely, and the larger bouquet is perfect.

One word of caution - you may want to wait to pull out the earrings (which are awesome!) until the wedding day. I lost one of the pearl earrings my parents gave me for my sixteenth birthday at my senior gala in college. One picture they are both there, the next picture one ear is nekkid. It was devastating. So especially if you plan on going on coasters or hugging characters before The Big Day, you may want to keep the earrings safe.

diddy_mouse

:eek: ZOMG! What a busy, busy day! But the best thing about your wedding day is that you'll be so over the moon with happiness that you will absolutely have no concept of time. Oh! And I'll tell you now, your cheeks will hurt from all the smiling you'll be doing...it's a fact! :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I like how its fuller now (I think that is the right word for me to use) And I love the red. And those earrings will go great with anything so I hope you wear them your whole trip :)Along with the nice hat you have!

It's a good thing you didn't schedule it on the day of your wedding It would have been way too much and you probably would have been exhausted by the time your dessert party came around! You will definitely have a busy busy day!

And I have a question for you. For escape weddings does the pricing change depending on what day of the week you have it on? I know that the price is different depending on the venue but does the day of the week have any part in it?

I totally agree on the bouquet! I love it :)

The pricing does not change for Escape weddings but the required minimums do. I think on weekends the minimum is around $7k. But I didn't have to worry too much since our wedding is on a Tuesday. I'm sure it changes all the time so you will definitely want to check when you plan your wedding :)

Sounds jam-packed, yet awesome. Make sure you try to take it all in...the day will be over in a flash! :lol: :lookaroun

And yes, definitely good call on doing the portraits another day!

Yes I'm pretty sure we'll be exhausted the day after the wedding. That's why I scheduled the bridal portraits a few days later. That was a tip I heard from other Disney Brides and Grooms. I can't imagine having to wake up at 4AM the day after my wedding!

Oohh I hope you get the upgrade! We're getting our free room at the GF. It's a standard room, but I'm hoping for an upgrade too! PLEASE take lots of pics at the GF... I want pictures of the room!!!

I can't wait to see, even if we got upgraded a little it would be nice. It doesn't have to be a suite or anything. The first time I stayed there when I was little, we had the marina view. So we could look out our balcony to the left and the castle was right there. And that was back when the trees hadn't grown up so you could really see the whole castle!

I cannot wait to hear all about your wedding! :sohappy:

Thanks for reading! I'm getting excited now that it's SO close I can taste it!

I've been reading for a while but was so inspired by how BEAUTIFUL you look in your dress I wanted to pop in and say so. You look absolutely lovely, and the larger bouquet is perfect.

One word of caution - you may want to wait to pull out the earrings (which are awesome!) until the wedding day. I lost one of the pearl earrings my parents gave me for my sixteenth birthday at my senior gala in college. One picture they are both there, the next picture one ear is nekkid. It was devastating. So especially if you plan on going on coasters or hugging characters before The Big Day, you may want to keep the earrings safe.

Aww thank you for lurking no more :) I'm so happy with the dress and I can't wait to (hopefully) take it home on Monday!

OMG that is such a good point about the earrings. We are ride people so I'll definitely do all the thrill rides. Maybe I'll just keep them for our dinner ADRs like Hollywood Brown Derby and California Grill. I do NOT want to lose them!

:eek: ZOMG! What a busy, busy day! But the best thing about your wedding day is that you'll be so over the moon with happiness that you will absolutely have no concept of time. Oh! And I'll tell you now, your cheeks will hurt from all the smiling you'll be doing...it's a fact! :D

Hehe I'm smiling just responding to this thread and thinking about the wedding! I definitely have some J.D. (Scrubs) moments when I go off in my imaginary world in my head :) People have to snap me out of it!

TomHendricks

We were upgraded to the concierge floor at the Yacht club, which was really nice. Just make sure to repeatedly say "We're getting Married at the Wedding Pavillion" when you check in.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We were upgraded to the concierge floor at the Yacht club, which was really nice. Just make sure to repeatedly say "We're getting Married at the Wedding Pavillion" when you check in.

Concierge level sounds good to me! My family was upgraded to concierge the last time we stayed at the GF during value season in 2003. I'll make sure we're wearing our "Happily Ever After" buttons and my DIY bride and groom baseball caps. Plus now I have an insider tip from Holly about making magical experiences happen...sideways glance, smile, twinkle! :lol:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Mother Daughter Weekend

My Mom decided to come to my last dress fitting on Monday so she's driving up from VA to stay with us for 2 whole nights! I love this mother daughter bonding time!! I'm so glad she retired this year so she has time to help me with the wedding. We have a full schedule including iPhone boot camp (she just got one), YouTube wedding video madness, and Orlando house hunting on the interwebs (our plan is to move in April). It's sure to be a fun weekend and this will be our last time hanging out until our wedding trip in just 36 days!! My Mom is like a little kid, she gets all giddy now when we talk about our trip. She's so excited because she has not been since she paid for a trip for Jason and I in March 2009 (that trip report can be seen here. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom