Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

Fashionista007

Original Poster
That was fast

Here's how to deal with the situation: talk to the Matriarch of the family. I got her involved and she just emailed me with all the details of what's going on with the other side of the family. Obviously she lit a fire up their ___ because they are discussing specific hotels and prices now :) Ah I can't wait to have that kind of power over my family one day...:sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
WOW that is early! :eek: but it will all be worth it! And of course understandable since it all has to be done before the park opens and since you don't want him to see you in that dress which I also think is very important.

It will be worth it! I can't wait for the pictures...I've seen others and they're just breathtaking (*cough* TomHendricks *cough* hehe). I just know I'll burst into tears looking down a completely empty Main Street in my wedding dress. Just being able to walk around MK in my wedding dress...chills!!!! Plus it will be halloween time so we'll get shots with all the cute decorations in them which is perfect because Jason proposed to me during MNSSHP last year!

TomHendricks

We had the same problem and we paid for two nights for everyone at Port Orleans. Couple people backed out at the last moment and one didn't even let us know and we had to pay for their rooms anyway.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We had the same problem and we paid for two nights for everyone at Port Orleans. Couple people backed out at the last moment and one didn't even let us know and we had to pay for their rooms anyway.

I don't know why people do stuff like that :( I think that happens with most large weddings and when you're paying upwards of $175 a head, it can add up real quick. I'm not all about throwing away money, that's the Scrooge McDuck influence :D

PartOfYourWorld

It will be worth it! I can't wait for the pictures...I've seen others and they're just breathtaking (*cough* TomHendricks *cough* hehe). I just know I'll burst into tears looking down a completely empty Main Street in my wedding dress. Just being able to walk around MK in my wedding dress...chills!!!! Plus it will be halloween time so we'll get shots with all the cute decorations in them which is perfect because Jason proposed to me during MNSSHP last year!

I cannot wait to see those photos, they are definitely going to be breathtaking...i can just picture them now......You know what would be a really great picture (You might have thought of this already) but I can picture you just you in your dress and looking like your running up Main Street towards the castle like your Cinderella! and one of you walking towards the castle and your body facing the castle but your face is looking back at the camera..that picture is really beautiful in my mind. Ah sorry got carried away there thinking of pictures for you to take :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I cannot wait to see those photos, they are definitely going to be breathtaking...i can just picture them now......You know what would be a really great picture (You might have thought of this already) but I can picture you just you in your dress and looking like your running up Main Street towards the castle like your Cinderella! and one of you walking towards the castle and your body facing the castle but your face is looking back at the camera..that picture is really beautiful in my mind. Ah sorry got carried away there thinking of pictures for you to take :D

I love it!! I'll add those to my pic list :) I was also thinking it would be cute if Jason kneeled down and put on my shoe like PC (Prince Charming). I've also seen pics of the Groom standing in front of the Partners statue mimicking Walt's two finger point. I definitely want that one too!! I'm so happy we're going during the Halloween festivities so there will be Mickey pumpkins all over Main Street.

I'll post an update tonight (hopefully)...last week was a whirlwind of wedding stuff! I made my silk bouquet for the bridal portraits and took it with me to my dress fitting yesterday. We got a lot of really cute pics thanks to my sisters :) Also everyone is now fully booked and I sent my wedding planner our final updates for our BEO. She's out of the office until Thurs so I'm guessing I'll get the updated BEO Monday at the earliest and then we'll send our final payment next week!!

60 DAYS TODAY!!! :sohappy:

TomHendricks

You mean like this?
file-19.jpg

Also don't forget to get a picture on her horse on the carousel.
file-20.jpg

I love it!! I'll add those to my pic list :) I was also thinking it would be cute if Jason kneeled down and put on my shoe like PC (Prince Charming). I've also seen pics of the Groom standing in front of the Partners statue mimicking Walt's two finger point. I definitely want that one too!! I'm so happy we're going during the Halloween festivities so there will be Mickey pumpkins all over Main Street.

I'll post an update tonight (hopefully)...last week was a whirlwind of wedding stuff! I made my silk bouquet for the bridal portraits and took it with me to my dress fitting yesterday. We got a lot of really cute pics thanks to my sisters :) Also everyone is now fully booked and I sent my wedding planner our final updates for our BEO. She's out of the office until Thurs so I'm guessing I'll get the updated BEO Monday at the earliest and then we'll send our final payment next week!!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
This past weekend was a wedding whirlwind! Like I said before, I contacted the Matriarch of the Groom's family and now everyone is booked :) Apparently they are not very happy with me being "pushy" but whatever it needed to be done. I need to send payment on Aug. 8 since we are paying by check and it will take time to get there and be processed. My Wedding Planner, Kathleen, suggested that everyone give me their booking info by Aug. 1. I would not have needed to be pushy if someone had just responded to our emails or calls. Oh well, you can't control what people do. But now I am very happy to say we only had 1 regret so our head count is 17 (Escape weddings allow a max of 18 guests).

Flowers, Favors, etc.

I decided to go with a silk bridal bouquet for the portrait sessions. It cost me about $15 and a floral refresh would have been upwards of $200. I don't think it looks too bad! I made it myself and I ordered all the flowers and accessories from Afloral.com.

014.jpg

Can you spot the hidden Mickey's??

012.jpg

I also ordered my replacements for the hideous Maid/Matron of Honor bouquets. Glad I did because these are SO pretty!

016.jpg

Another money saver I decided on was bubbles vs. rose petals. The petals were about $50 but the bubbles were $9. I'm going to make some labels for them.

017.jpg

I bought "cake bags" for people to take leftovers from the Dessert Party. I had read where an MoH took ziploc bags and the bride was so greatful because there was a ton of food left over. I'm going to take some ziploc as backup but I think this little $30 investment was worth it! I got these from Beau-Coup.com.

018.jpg

And finally, the favor prototype! I'm SO thrilled with how these worked out. The jars are also from Beau-Coup.com and the labels are from MyOwnLabels.com. It was incredibly easy and took me about 10 minutes. I uploaded a PhotoPass picture from our Sept 2010 engagement trip, added some text, and voila!

019.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Wedding Dress Fitting #1

Monday I had my first wedding dress fitting at Alfred Angelo's. I purposefully schedule things on weekdays because there are less people. There were only 2 other brides in there the whole time. I took with me an entourage - my 2 sisters, neices, Mom, and Grandma!

002.jpg

I told my entourage to "jack me up" a la Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta :)

005.jpg

Me & Mom

008.jpg

The whole entourage

011.jpg

See how sparkly the skirt is? There were sparkles on everyone by the end of the day LOL. The sample dress pales in comparison. The seamstress had me walk around and people said that I absolutely shimmered while I walked. That's what I'm talkin' bout!

I purposefully took my bouquet so I could see how it looks in pictures and I'm very happy with it. I really don't think you can tell from pictures that it's silk.

Now I must say standing there for 1 hour while the seamstress did her thing - it got VERY hot. I'm starting to think I need a hairstyle where my hair is sort of swept up in a ponytail but it cascades down my back. I'm going to have to hunt for more pictures now.

We talked to the seamstress about the bustle and she's going to add only 1 button for it. I also had her touch up my sisters' veil because a few crystals had come off. The total for my alterations was $213. I cannot wait to see the dress all fitted, it's going to be beautiful! My 2nd fitting is Mon Aug 15. :sohappy:

The Marriage License

Brevard Co Courthouse is really on the ball. Yesterday was exactly 60 days until our trip and they called to confirm some details and then I got all the documents via email yesterday afternoon. Jason and I are going to our bank this afternoon to get everything notarized. After that, all we need to do is mail the documents with a check for $93.50 and they'll send us our marriage license which is good for 60 days! How easy is that??

After we send our final payment for the wedding, I can take a breather for about a month which is good because work is really ramping up and I need to concentrate on this project I'm working on. I would love to dream about wedding stuff all day but I've got a job to do! I'm taking not one but two trips in August - Philly and Vancouver. I'll be in Vancouver for a whopping 6 nights. Can we say JET LAG?? I'm not looking forward to being away from Jason for that long but at least after it's over it's smooth sailing until the wedding! :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I just want to say--- GAHHH YOU LOOK SO PRETTYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Aww thanks Jackie! Our dress is SO pretty in person, I can't wait for you to get yours brand new :)

We just put our notarized documents in the mail so we should be getting our official marriage license soon! Just another thing to check off the list :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

I didn't even think about that picture!!! That one is definitely a MUST HAVE! And it's going to be really awesome having all of those pumpkins on Main Street. (I've never seen them in person since this is my first Sept/Oct trip so I'm excited! :D)

It's getting so close!!!!

And I love your dress with the sparkles! Everything looks really beautiful! And you really can't tell your bouquet is fake! It looks beautiful!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I didn't even think about that picture!!! That one is definitely a MUST HAVE! And it's going to be really awesome having all of those pumpkins on Main Street. (I've never seen them in person since this is my first Sept/Oct trip so I'm excited! :D)

It's getting so close!!!!

And I love your dress with the sparkles! Everything looks really beautiful! And you really can't tell your bouquet is fake! It looks beautiful!

Thank you so much!! Halloween is really a great time to visit. Not only are there Mickey pumpkins on Main Street but they have pumpkins everywhere carved into different shapes. They're all over - lining the rooftops of shops, around the train station, etc. You'll love it!!

We're happy to try to meet up with anyone that will be there for the beginning of Food & Wine or @MK 10/1/2011 for the 40th Anniversary. We're already planning to go to one meet and I'm sure there will be more since it's a big week for Disney World fans :) I love the Disney Online Community! We met some really great people in May and we're hoping to make even more friends on this trip! :sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

I'm still following...I swear! LOL!

When I saw this earlier today I almost stroked-out for you!!! Thankfully, it looks like it'll be done for your wedding day. :animwink:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I'm still following...I swear! LOL!

When I saw this earlier today I almost stroked-out for you!!! Thankfully, it looks like it'll be done for your wedding day. :animwink:

OMG Thank you for this! I was wondering about the crane and whether they move it for bridal portrait sessions. I was also wondering if there would be any 40th anniversary decorations around (I hear no rumor of a castle cake - thank GOD)? We tried to get the portrait session on Oct. 1 but it was already booked 8 months in advance. So glad to hear the crane is not scheduled that day, I'll keep my fingers crossed! :sohappy:

HollyBelle

Shelley!!! You are an absolute DREAM in your dress. Swoooooon.

I love the idea of having your hair swept back with cascading curls... I think that is the perfect compromise between comfort/staying put all day and flowing curls!

The Brevard County courthouse rocks - they were super great and on the ball with us too.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Shelley!!! You are an absolute DREAM in your dress. Swoooooon.

I love the idea of having your hair swept back with cascading curls... I think that is the perfect compromise between comfort/staying put all day and flowing curls!

The Brevard County courthouse rocks - they were super great and on the ball with us too.

Thanks Holly! And thanks in advance for the buttons :) How long did it take for you to get your marriage license after you sent the application?

HollyBelle

Thanks Holly! And thanks in advance for the buttons :) How long did it take for you to get your marriage license after you sent the application?

You're so welcome... I'm just happy to share them with another Disney bride and groom!!!

I can't remember, but it was definitely fast. We had it well in advance of our wedding and didn't have to worry about a thing. After the wedding you'll have two witnesses sign it and then Rev Kev will take it with him to give to the court. Then you'll receive it in the mail another week or two later, all signed, sealed and official! :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
You're so welcome... I'm just happy to share them with another Disney bride and groom!!!

I can't remember, but it was definitely fast. We had it well in advance of our wedding and didn't have to worry about a thing. After the wedding you'll have two witnesses sign it and then Rev Kev will take it with him to give to the court. Then you'll receive it in the mail another week or two later, all signed, sealed and official! :sohappy:

Excellent, I love when things are convenient! RevKev is so awesome, I have no doubt that he will be there early and take care of our marriage license no problem. That's a lot of the reason why we picked Disney for our wedding, because we knew we could trust them to do everything right! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom