Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

BringMeHome

Your video made me cry! It was beautiful. I cannot wait to see the pictures and read the trip report. I can only imagine how AMAZING everything was for you.

sweetpee_1993

Aww I can just imagine you guys watching the video! I hope Tracey feels better! Thank you for all the compliments. Jason did look SO handsome, didn't he?? I literally couldn't take my eyes off of him! ::swoon:: I cannot wait to get our portraits, our photographers were really great. We had Joe and Alicia. Alicia and I actually had so much in common that we decided to keep in touch and I added her to facebook. I cannot believe how many new friends we made on this trip, it was just so great to meet such nice people! Now I just need to meet you and your family LOL.

Well, if you're moving to the Orlando area I believe you might be seeing a looooot of us girls in the near future. :animwink: Seriously, I need to go down there sometime in the not-too-distant-future and catch up with my bestest friend from when I was growing up. I've not seen her for over 15 years. :eek: I also have an ex-step-brother down there I need to go spend some time with..... I could go have fun in Orlando without ever going to a park although I think it'd be really difficult not to go at least for a couple hours. :D

I watched your video again (does this make me a creepy stalker??? :lol:) and it hit me how different the experience of the wedding ceremony was for me. In the video you both look so like lovestruck and just in absolute bliss for the entire time. It's so beautiful to see those expressions on your faces. Then there's when I got married. Holy crap. I was like in a surreal state of disbelief. I remember closing my eyes during some prayer and I started to sway so I quickly opened them so I wouldn't fall over. I have no clue what our officiant said. The entire time I was standing there I was thinking, "Oh my God. I'm getting married. This is my wedding. Holy shnit. I'm about to be a wife. He's going to be my husband. Oh my God." I caught onto the fact that it was time to say "I do" when everyone got quiet and looked at me. The best part is that if you look at the pics of us during the ceremony you can so see it all over my face. Tracey isn't much better either. :ROFLOL:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Haha, I totally know what you mean. We spent our honeymoon in Disney (May 2009) and the next time we came back I was just like "Um, everyone, why aren't you congratulating us?!" :lol: But then I just figured hey, at least we were in Disney, right?!

Playing with the wedding photos will be super fun! You guys will have a great time looking through them and re-living the wedding day!

Our trip in May for SWW was a bit like that because our last trip in September 2010 is when we got engaged so people were congratulating us for that. In May I felt a little lonely without people constantly congratulating us but it was put to rest by all the nerd friends we made standing in line at 4AM at DHS. I think now I'll be looking out for couples with "Just Engaged" and "Happily ever after" buttons so I can live vicariously through them :sohappy:

You looked stunning! I kept thinking of you while I was down there and was keeping my eyes peeled for you two love birds but no such luck!

So glad everything all worked out in the end! Can't wait to read a full TR and see the pics!!

Thank you :) I'm definitely giving Patricia LeJeune a wonderful review. She and her team couldn't have been nicer. They were joking around and telling us stories about other brides and generally calming me down all morning. I'm really glad I got a second round of hair and makeup for the bridal portraits because I got to see Patricia again and show her pictures! I feel like I need to attend a big event at least once a year so she can make me look like that again :sohappy:

Your video made me cry! It was beautiful. I cannot wait to see the pictures and read the trip report. I can only imagine how AMAZING everything was for you.

Aww thank you! I seriously keep waking up thinking maybe it was all a dream...but it was a dream come true! This was our 4th trip to the world together and it was definitely the most magical and memorable. It's amazing the different experiences you have on different trips! We didn't even hardly ride any rides on this trip, we really took time for relaxation and "honeymoonin" instead ;)

Well, if you're moving to the Orlando area I believe you might be seeing a looooot of us girls in the near future. :animwink: Seriously, I need to go down there sometime in the not-too-distant-future and catch up with my bestest friend from when I was growing up. I've not seen her for over 15 years. :eek: I also have an ex-step-brother down there I need to go spend some time with..... I could go have fun in Orlando without ever going to a park although I think it'd be really difficult not to go at least for a couple hours. :D

I watched your video again (does this make me a creepy stalker??? :lol:) and it hit me how different the experience of the wedding ceremony was for me. In the video you both look so like lovestruck and just in absolute bliss for the entire time. It's so beautiful to see those expressions on your faces. Then there's when I got married. Holy crap. I was like in a surreal state of disbelief. I remember closing my eyes during some prayer and I started to sway so I quickly opened them so I wouldn't fall over. I have no clue what our officiant said. The entire time I was standing there I was thinking, "Oh my God. I'm getting married. This is my wedding. Holy shnit. I'm about to be a wife. He's going to be my husband. Oh my God." I caught onto the fact that it was time to say "I do" when everyone got quiet and looked at me. The best part is that if you look at the pics of us during the ceremony you can so see it all over my face. Tracey isn't much better either. :ROFLOL:

Haha trust me, you are not a creepy stalker. Take a look at my DFTW playlist on YouTube...I only watched those strangers' videos a bajillion times this past year! My video already has over 100 hits and I haven't even posted the TR yet LOL!

As for the looks on our faces, my sister, Tricia, did a good job of telling me to be in the moment the whole day. She said it goes really quickly (which it did!!) so I needed to appreciate every single moment. Jason and I were totally having a wordless conversation during the entire ceremony - at some point we were laughing at a piece of fuzz hanging in the air between us and I love how when RevKev was saying my vows, Jason made this face like "I will, I really will!" What you can't see in the video is that Jason was rubbing my hands the whole time to keep me calm. I'm glad I got through it without the "ugly cry" a la Oprah! I definitely let out the ugly cry during Illuminations that night at our Dessert Party. Thank god there are no pictures of that!!

PineapplePrincess

Just finished watching.....what a beautiful ceremony! Not just the setting, but you were so calm and beautiful....looking at each other all adoringly and such!
RevKev's voice is so gentle and soothing.
Congratulations, and may you have many years of happiness together!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Just finished watching.....what a beautiful ceremony! Not just the setting, but you were so calm and beautiful....looking at each other all adoringly and such!
RevKev's voice is so gentle and soothing.
Congratulations, and may you have many years of happiness together!

Awww thank you so much :) RevKev was awesome. I'm so glad we picked him, I have never once read anything bad about him. He even handled our marriage license quickly for us and it was waiting for us when we got home from our honeymoon! Now I have to go about changing my name :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
The Trip Report Has Begun!

I started my trip report! http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=4773955

This effectively ends this planning journal and I just want to thank you all for following along with me and for being so supportive through all of the stress and drama. I feel like I've made so many new friends and I think maybe that was the reason for having to go through the whole wedding debacle 2011. There is always a silver lining and I finally found mine :)

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom