Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I found a thread on another site (gasp! there are other disney forums!) and it really helped me get the full picture of a Disney Fairytale Wedding so I decided to share my experiences with all of you.

The Proposal
September 21, 2010 on Peter Pan's Flight during MNSSHP. For more details, see my Engagement Trip Report. :sohappy:

80e37d80-4d77-493e-bd57-9dfd00aac490.jpg

The decisions
I immediately decided on an Escape wedding and my budget is $10k. We are having 18 guests including immediate family only. Luckily, our immediate family adds up to EXACTLY 18! I know it's hard for some people to leave friends out but I feel like they will all understand because it's a destination wedding and our budget is small.

We decided on The Wedding Pavilion in September 2011. We had originally thought about December 2011 so it would be Christmas time but with the free dining plan special ending at the end of September 2011, we had to change our plan. We had also originally decided on Sea Breeze Point which would be wonderful in December but September is the rainy season and I don't want to chance it with an outdoor ceremony.

Making Contact
I called DFTW last Saturday and I was surprised to find out that they are only open M-F. They have an option to leave a message or send an email so I sent them an email. I got a response the following Monday but when no one had called me by Tuesday, I called after work around 6PM. I was on hold for about 5 minutes before I decided to just leave a message. I hate sitting on hold. Someone called me back the next day but they had to leave a message because I was in a meeting. I finally called back this morning and got the ball rolling.

Our wedding consultant is Michelle and she was incredibly sweet. She ooed and ahhed over my decisions and made me feel really special. She was very informative and knowledgeable about everything.

The Escape package is a short 20 minute ceremony with about a 40 minute cake cutting and champagne toast event. We are adding Mickey and Minnie to cut the cake with us! We are also adding a Bridal Portrait session. They have a combo deal where you can get both the MK and EPCOT. The night of our wedding, we are treating our guests to a dessert party at EPCOT for Illuminations. We are also thinking about adding hors d'oeuvres to our cake cutting event.

Our tentative date is 9/6/2011. We chose a Tuesday because we have a better chance of getting the Wedding Pavilion on that day. We originally wanted Saturday 9/10/11 (our anniversary and just a friggin cool date) but Michelle said that there was only one time slot available. Wishes weddings get priority because they are allowed to book 12 months in advance. The way it works is there is a lottery drawing when multiple couples want the same date and time for an Escape wedding. I really hope we get 9/6/2011! I'll be able to book in January.

Problem!
I can't book until January but us and all of our guests have to book by Dec 20th to get the free meal plan. It's a nail biter! DF and I are planning to spend 10 days so we're pretty much covered for any of our alternate dates. But some of our family consists of school age children so I think they will only stay the minimum of 4 nights to get the free dining plan. Does anyone know if you have to change dates do you retain the free dining plan even after Dec 20th?

That's all I've got for now! I have a ton more stuff to do...the dress, attire for my wedding party, etc. It's overwhelming but fun at the same time because I'm going to be a DFTW bride!!

I'm so glad you decided to read about my journey as a DFTW Bride To Be! I hope you find my information entertaining and helpful. :wave:

Edit: This thread is getting pretty long so I thought it would be helpful to add a Table of Contents

Intro, Budget, Venue, Dates, Decisions!
Escape Wedding Lottery Dates
Helpful Tips, Budget Update, Weight Loss, Favors
We're Booked!
Dress Ideas & LOA
Dress Shopping at Alfred Angelo's
Wedding Planning Kit
Inside Disney Weddings Interview
Honey...er Disneymoon Planning & ADRs, Finished Wedding Planning Kit
Wedding Planning Trip Summary - Wedding Pavilion, UK Lochside, Rev Kevin Knox, Franck's, Oh My!
Life Happens...Duchess In Memoriam :(
Buying Silk Flowers, Favors, Jewelry, and Hair Design!
I Sold My Car To Pay For This Wedding
Wedding Dress Fitting #1 at Alfred Angelo's
DIY Bride & Groom Baseball Caps with Ears
Finalizing the BEO & Payment!!!
Wedding Dress Fitting #2 at Alfred Angelo's
Wedding Day Itinerary
Beware of FairytaleWeddingStore.com!!
Less than 30 Days to go, we are contacted to move our venue????
Now We Can Laugh About It!!

sweetpee_1993

OH yay! This site neeeeeeds some real DFTW brides to do true planning journals. I think I know what alternate site you're on. :animwink: Your username is the same there, yes? I'll have to go look you up.

The plan sounds perfect. Like you mentioned in your trip report, I am not one to be the center of attention. Makes me feel sorta weird. I think a small, intimate DFTW Escape is just right.

How's the dress hunting going? Have you done any looking? Any pics or ideas what you want?

Sweet! The package deal with the portrait sessions sounds awesome. Love that you get to do both shoots. Are they doing them on separate mornings? I would be afraid of getting up that early to get ready for the early shoots. But I know if I was a DFTW bride I'd sooooo do it.

Oh! Speaking of portraits, are you going to do a trash the dress thing? Those are interesting. I've seen some pretty ones from Stormalong Bay and Typhoon Lagoon.

Okay. I'll stop yammering. Can't wait to hear all the details as the decisions get made..... :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
OH yay! This site neeeeeeds some real DFTW brides to do true planning journals. I think I know what alternate site you're on. :animwink: Your username is the same there, yes? I'll have to go look you up.

The plan sounds perfect. Like you mentioned in your trip report, I am not one to be the center of attention. Makes me feel sorta weird. I think a small, intimate DFTW Escape is just right.

How's the dress hunting going? Have you done any looking? Any pics or ideas what you want?

Sweet! The package deal with the portrait sessions sounds awesome. Love that you get to do both shoots. Are they doing them on separate mornings? I would be afraid of getting up that early to get ready for the early shoots. But I know if I was a DFTW bride I'd sooooo do it.

Oh! Speaking of portraits, are you going to do a trash the dress thing? Those are interesting. I've seen some pretty ones from Stormalong Bay and Typhoon Lagoon.

Okay. I'll stop yammering. Can't wait to hear all the details as the decisions get made..... :D

I sent you a PM about the other site :) My username there (and my twitter account) is WaltSentMe007 (or @WaltSentMe007 for Twitter). Feel free to add me!

I really wanted a Vera Wang but yeah right! Then I heard about the new Alfred Angelo Disney Bridal dresses over at http://www.disneybridal.com/. They are due out in early 2011 but just in case I can't afford one, I went looking for discount Alfred Angelo dresses and found this one:

WeddingDress.jpg

It's from http://www.bestbridalprices.com.

I also just found out there is an Alfred Angelo boutique near me. I'm torn between doing this all in person or ordering things from the Interwebs :) I mean I get my groceries delivered to me from a website so why not my entire bridal party attire? I hardly ever go to a store to buy clothes anymore, it's like once in a blue moon. I always feel pressure to buy when I go into stores and that's why I like shopping on the internet so much. Plus, internet stores don't have as much overhead so you can usually find better deals.

So that was my VERY long response to your question about the dress! I'm not doing the trash the dress thing. I watched that clip on YouTube in horror :p How heavy would a wedding dress in a pool be?? Plus, I'm planning on selling mine on Ebay afterwards. My sister told me how much it was to have hers preserved and I'm just of the mind that I'll have the pictures and never wear it again.

I'm not really sure about the scheduling of the Bridal Portrait Sessions. I'm torn between doing them on my wedding day or after. It is bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding but do I really want to wake up early multiple times and get all gussied up again? I would prefer to do everything the same day I get my hair and makeup done but we'll see. There were a lot of questions my coordinator couldn't answer just yet because I can't book until January.

Pricing

I completely forgot to put down the prices of things I've learned so far:

DFTW Escape Wedding at Disney's Wedding Pavilion: $5750
30 Minutes x2 Characters: $1350
Bridal Portrait Session Package (MK & EPCOT): $1400 (It's $1100 for MK alone, why not do both for just $300 more??)

Unknown Costs:
Illuminations Dessert Party (I'm estimating about $800 for this from what I've heard)
Hair and Makeup

One thing that I did not know that I just learned is that the violinist will play during the entire cake cutting ceremony. How cool is that? I wonder if I'll have a list of songs to choose from. It would be cool to get the SpectroMagic theme in there!

foreverbelle

That is just really cool, and how exciting!!! I wish you all the best of luck..I hope you get the day you want and everything works out for you just the way you want....

Fashionista007

Original Poster
That is just really cool, and how exciting!!! I wish you all the best of luck..I hope you get the day you want and everything works out for you just the way you want....

Thank you so much! I do hope I get the day I want so no one's plans are messed up. The best case scenario would be 9/5/2011 or 9/6/2011. There are a lot of school age kids coming and their parents don't want them to miss too much school which is why I decided on Labor Day weekend, they're off school anyway!

Wow things have really come together this week. At this point last week we really hadn't made any decisions and I was thinking about December 2011. Once we found out about the free dining promotion, everything came together!!

Soaringirl

Wow this is so much fun!:sohappy:I just love reading all about your wedding plans. They sound dreamy.. About 16 or 17 years ago my husband and I were staying at the Yacht Club just relaxing on our balcony overlooking a courtyard and all of the sudden we saw a bride and groom with Mickey & Minnie for the cake/champagne ceremony and it was so beautiful. It felt almost a little weird to watch like we were intruding somehow, but we couldn't not watch!! We had our Disneymoon 18 years ago and I wish we had done the DFTW there too.
But I'll just have to live it through you guys. Congrats and have fun. :wave:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Wow this is so much fun!:sohappy:I just love reading all about your wedding plans. They sound dreamy.. About 16 or 17 years ago my husband and I were staying at the Yacht Club just relaxing on our balcony overlooking a courtyard and all of the sudden we saw a bride and groom with Mickey & Minnie for the cake/champagne ceremony and it was so beautiful. It felt almost a little weird to watch like we were intruding somehow, but we couldn't not watch!! We had our Disneymoon 18 years ago and I wish we had done the DFTW there too.
But I'll just have to live it through you guys. Congrats and have fun. :wave:

Thank you! I never thought about people living vicariously through me, I'm so flattered! I love the Yacht and Beach club. I've only been there once for a character breakfast but I was really impressed. I did look into getting married there but in September it tends to rain a lot so I opted to pay a little more for the wedding pavilion. You know they have vow renewals right? ;)

sweetpee_1993

Everything IS coming together for y'all so perfectly. Meant to be! I bet you get one of your 2 best dates. That's my "feeling", anyway.

The dress. Go try on the dress! This isn't just *any* piece of clothing. This is the only one of these you'll ever buy or wear (hopefully...that's usually the plan anyway...LOL!). Don't pressure yourself if you try on dresses you have to pick one from that salon, either. No way. Touch the dress. Feel it. Put it on. Make sure it makes every inch of you look just the way you want it to. If the dress is anything less than breathtaking, don't buy it. Seriously. I'm not trying to stress you out. Even if you go try dresses then end up ordering for a better price online you'll know you got the perfect dress for you. And don't feel bad about not buying when you try dresses. There's so much mark-up on clothing it's ridiculous. Wedding dresses are like 10x worse! Seriously. Those consultants will make their money if not on you on someone else. If you find one you like and it still seems like more than you'd pay online, ask if alterations are included or how much they charge for them. Nearly always a wedding dress has to be altered to fit properly. Wedding gowns are the one thing that has to fit just right or it looks like you shopped at the Goodwill. What would be the odds of being the perfect dimensions in every place on your body to fit the "mold" for the dress pattern? Like finding a needle in a haystack! I've helped my mother-in-law make 4 or 5 custom wedding gowns for various family members. She's the expert seamstress. I'm good at tackling the tedious stuff like beading. I've also helped her alter some gowns bought online/on sale in stores. It's not an easy task and needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing. Wedding dresses like you mentioned and the one pictured are constructed of layers of different fabrics. Frequently they have boning built in to keep the shape so the dress retains it's correct look. To change anything you have to deconstruct the layers then reassemble them to the precise measurements you need. If there's any crystals or beads they have to be removed from the area before any deconstruction. If there's lace appliques that meet up a certain way at the seams, well, those have to be carefully removed then rearranged so they come back together so that they don't disrupt the eye or look chopped. It's a LOT of work which is why it tends to be kinda costly. The salon where Tracey purchased my gown 18 months ago includes 2 alterations and the bustling in the price. So, yeah, the gown cost $1k but the alterations would be an additional couple hundred. I just can't stress enough the importance of trying dresses so you know what neckline you like best, what waistline is most flattering, what colors make you glow, etc.

Okay. Well that was long and probably more bossy & involved than you wanted to hear. I'm sorry! No matter what, a DFTW will be nothing short of amazing. You're gonna have so much fun!

Keep the details coming as you get the plans down.

Oh! Are you going to do a planning visit??? I hear the cake tastings are awesome! And since they juuuuust redid Franck's, I hear the place is just oober gorgeous inside!

Thanks a bazillion for sharing the cost info. **sigh** Maybe someday.... 9/18/2013 would be 20 years....maybe a good time to redo the vows. If only I could remember what they were...... :lol:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Everything IS coming together for y'all so perfectly. Meant to be! I bet you get one of your 2 best dates. That's my "feeling", anyway.

The dress. Go try on the dress! This isn't just *any* piece of clothing. This is the only one of these you'll ever buy or wear (hopefully...that's usually the plan anyway...LOL!). Don't pressure yourself if you try on dresses you have to pick one from that salon, either. No way. Touch the dress. Feel it. Put it on. Make sure it makes every inch of you look just the way you want it to. If the dress is anything less than breathtaking, don't buy it. Seriously. I'm not trying to stress you out. Even if you go try dresses then end up ordering for a better price online you'll know you got the perfect dress for you. And don't feel bad about not buying when you try dresses. There's so much mark-up on clothing it's ridiculous. Wedding dresses are like 10x worse! Seriously. Those consultants will make their money if not on you on someone else. If you find one you like and it still seems like more than you'd pay online, ask if alterations are included or how much they charge for them. Nearly always a wedding dress has to be altered to fit properly. Wedding gowns are the one thing that has to fit just right or it looks like you shopped at the Goodwill. What would be the odds of being the perfect dimensions in every place on your body to fit the "mold" for the dress pattern? Like finding a needle in a haystack! I've helped my mother-in-law make 4 or 5 custom wedding gowns for various family members. She's the expert seamstress. I'm good at tackling the tedious stuff like beading. I've also helped her alter some gowns bought online/on sale in stores. It's not an easy task and needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing. Wedding dresses like you mentioned and the one pictured are constructed of layers of different fabrics. Frequently they have boning built in to keep the shape so the dress retains it's correct look. To change anything you have to deconstruct the layers then reassemble them to the precise measurements you need. If there's any crystals or beads they have to be removed from the area before any deconstruction. If there's lace appliques that meet up a certain way at the seams, well, those have to be carefully removed then rearranged so they come back together so that they don't disrupt the eye or look chopped. It's a LOT of work which is why it tends to be kinda costly. The salon where Tracey purchased my gown 18 months ago includes 2 alterations and the bustling in the price. So, yeah, the gown cost $1k but the alterations would be an additional couple hundred. I just can't stress enough the importance of trying dresses so you know what neckline you like best, what waistline is most flattering, what colors make you glow, etc.

Okay. Well that was long and probably more bossy & involved than you wanted to hear. I'm sorry! No matter what, a DFTW will be nothing short of amazing. You're gonna have so much fun!

Keep the details coming as you get the plans down.

Oh! Are you going to do a planning visit??? I hear the cake tastings are awesome! And since they juuuuust redid Franck's, I hear the place is just oober gorgeous inside!

Thanks a bazillion for sharing the cost info. **sigh** Maybe someday.... 9/18/2013 would be 20 years....maybe a good time to redo the vows. If only I could remember what they were...... :lol:

You sold me on trying on dresses. I doubt I would buy it in the store but it would be nice to have more of an idea of what looks good on me. I was lucky enough to get a dress for my sister's wedding last year that I didn't have to have altered but when you're the bride it's different. You're right, the dress has to be perfect for me. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!

We wanted to do a planning visit in June for Star Wars Weekends and the opening of Star Tours II but the Escape Package only comes with 2 30 minute sessions with your wedding coordinator. I think that because the Escape Package has a short ceremony and no reception there aren't as many details to work out so they don't offer an in person session. I'll have to ask if that would be extra. We're waffling over the June trip at this point. I think the decision will be made once the celeb list is released for Star Wars Weekends. :) We're nerds!

You should do a vow renewal! I'm trying to talk my Dad into doing it for my Mom. She never had a wedding, they got married in a courthouse and she has always been bummed about that. In today's world, staying married is a reason to celebrate! There are intimate packages that are cheaper than the escape collection:

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/escape/memoriespackage/detail

These are for 6 people and start at $1991. I'm just sayin'.... :p

KJ1081

Yay another Disney bride! As far as the MK bridal portraits go- I think you should do it the day of the wedding. You can get both first look and bridal portraits that day, you'll have some time alone before all the crazyness starts, and you won't have to wake up early and have your hair/makeup done a second time (saves money!) Plus if, heaven forbid, your dress gets dirty/stained/wrinkled during the wedding, you'll already have your pictures. I don't know if Disney could get the dress cleaned, steamed, and returned in time for MK pictures the following day.

We're doing the MK photos as well, but we're having a DCL wedding so our photos will be 3 days after the wedding. I'm not having my hair/makeup done for them of anything, but I will have to get my dress steamed/cleaned before because we're planning on doing a trash the dress session on Castaway Cay- I'll let you know what Disney can do in the that regard. My dress is very light and simple- halter style empire waist chiffon with criss-cross back and sweep train, but I'm assuming what they can do for 1 dress they can do for them all. It is Disney after all!

Love your plans so far! We wanted an Escape wedding as well, but I couldn't justify the price- our wedding, reception, and cruise is cheaper than the Escap pkg by almost $1000. I'll be living vicariously through you! haha I too am on the 'other' site- it's a wealth of wedding info!

sweetpee_1993

These are for 6 people and start at $1991. I'm just sayin'.... :p

Ack! Oh whyyyyy did you have to show me that?! LOL! I could soooo do this little package next September 18th on our 18th anniversary. Then I told Tracey about it. His comment: "Yeah, but I really want my mom & dad there." :mad: Which means I'd have to invite my parents which added to us & our sons makes 8. No can do. And I will NOT spend the Escape minimum...well...okay if I won the lottery I would. LOL! Now to keep working at him to relent and just do this with just the 4 of us. That's all I want anyway. Soooo, gotta go dig thru my book of tricks to work this man's brain into wanting exactly what I want him to want so I can have what I want.... :goodnevil ((He doesn't call me "Princess" for nothing... :king: :lol:))

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Vow renewals you say.. very interesting. :D
By the way, that dress is stunning!!

Thank you :) It's really the first one I saw so I'm still looking around. However, first instincts are usually the best!

Yay another Disney bride! As far as the MK bridal portraits go- I think you should do it the day of the wedding. You can get both first look and bridal portraits that day, you'll have some time alone before all the crazyness starts, and you won't have to wake up early and have your hair/makeup done a second time (saves money!) Plus if, heaven forbid, your dress gets dirty/stained/wrinkled during the wedding, you'll already have your pictures. I don't know if Disney could get the dress cleaned, steamed, and returned in time for MK pictures the following day.

We're doing the MK photos as well, but we're having a DCL wedding so our photos will be 3 days after the wedding. I'm not having my hair/makeup done for them of anything, but I will have to get my dress steamed/cleaned before because we're planning on doing a trash the dress session on Castaway Cay- I'll let you know what Disney can do in the that regard. My dress is very light and simple- halter style empire waist chiffon with criss-cross back and sweep train, but I'm assuming what they can do for 1 dress they can do for them all. It is Disney after all!

Love your plans so far! We wanted an Escape wedding as well, but I couldn't justify the price- our wedding, reception, and cruise is cheaper than the Escap pkg by almost $1000. I'll be living vicariously through you! haha I too am on the 'other' site- it's a wealth of wedding info!

I would really prefer to do the portrait sessions the morning of the wedding. If that is not possible then I would definitely get my makeup done again, not sure about my hair. I just feel like I'm paying so much for the portrait sessions and pictures so they might as well be perfect!

Your dress sounds stunning! When is your wedding? I've never been on the disney cruise, I'll have to try it sometime! It's always been my dream to get married at the wedding pavilion so I just decided to go for it :)

Ack! Oh whyyyyy did you have to show me that?! LOL! I could soooo do this little package next September 18th on our 18th anniversary. Then I told Tracey about it. His comment: "Yeah, but I really want my mom & dad there." :mad: Which means I'd have to invite my parents which added to us & our sons makes 8. No can do. And I will NOT spend the Escape minimum...well...okay if I won the lottery I would. LOL! Now to keep working at him to relent and just do this with just the 4 of us. That's all I want anyway. Soooo, gotta go dig thru my book of tricks to work this man's brain into wanting exactly what I want him to want so I can have what I want.... :goodnevil ((He doesn't call me "Princess" for nothing... :king: :lol:))

You are a princess and you need to work it! Take a tip from KJ1081 and do the cruise package! Those are for 8 guests + the couple :animwink:

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/cruise/pricing-cruise/detail

"I'm not really bad, I'm just drawn that way." -- Jessica Rabbit

harveyt0206

Okay, this thread is A-MAY-ZIN'!! I love Disney weddings so following you on your journey is going to be a vicarious blast for me. Love the dress. Love the plans. Love everything about it. Congratulations and best of luck getting everything you want, including your date and dress. (PS, I'm totally with SweetPee on this one, you MUST try on your dress before you decide. It's got to be something that you love, not simply like. Okay, that's all the butting in I will do...lol)

~Tracy

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Okay, this thread is A-MAY-ZIN'!! I love Disney weddings so following you on your journey is going to be a vicarious blast for me. Love the dress. Love the plans. Love everything about it. Congratulations and best of luck getting everything you want, including your date and dress. (PS, I'm totally with SweetPee on this one, you MUST try on your dress before you decide. It's got to be something that you love, not simply like. Okay, that's all the butting in I will do...lol)

~Tracy

Thank you very much! I am so glad for the input because I need it! I've never planned a large event before which is a lot of the reason why I opted for the Escape package over the Wishes one. Well, that and the cost :)

Need Advice!

I'm stressing over the chance I'm taking that I'll get one of my top 2 choices - 9/6/2011 or 9/5/2011 (Labor Day). Again, the problem is that I cannot book an Escape Wedding until January but the free dining promo states that you have to book by Dec 20, 2010. So, I'm basically taking the chance that all of my guests will have to change their plans if one of my top 2 isn't available. I specifically chose a Tuesday and a Monday as my top 2 because DFTW works like this with scheduling at the Wedding Pavilion:

M-Th: 10AM, 12PM, 2:30PM, 5PM
F-Su: 10AM, 12PM

My wedding consultant stressed the need to throw some weekdays into my list of 4 wedding dates that I sent her. She even said chances of a weekday wedding are better, especially for Escape weddings since Wishes weddings get priority because they can book 12 months in advance. Argh! What would you all do? Would you take the chance that you could get 1 out of 8 time slots? I guess I could always change my alternate dates to:

1. 9/5/2011 (M)
2. 9/6/2011 (T)
3. 9/4/2011 (Sun)
4. 9/3/2011 (Sat)

This way, all of my guests could book the 4 night/5 day free dining promo for Sat 9/3/2011 - Wed 9/7/2011 and the kids would only miss school on Tues & Wed. The only problem there would be if the wedding were my #4 choice on Saturday then everyone would need to fly down on Friday instead. Thoughts?

sweetpee_1993

Need Advice!

I'm stressing over the chance I'm taking that I'll get one of my top 2 choices - 9/6/2011 or 9/5/2011 (Labor Day). Again, the problem is that I cannot book an Escape Wedding until January but the free dining promo states that you have to book by Dec 20, 2010. So, I'm basically taking the chance that all of my guests will have to change their plans if one of my top 2 isn't available. I specifically chose a Tuesday and a Monday as my top 2 because DFTW works like this with scheduling at the Wedding Pavilion:

M-Th: 10AM, 12PM, 2:30PM, 5PM
F-Su: 10AM, 12PM

My wedding consultant stressed the need to throw some weekdays into my list of 4 wedding dates that I sent her. She even said chances of a weekday wedding are better, especially for Escape weddings since Wishes weddings get priority because they can book 12 months in advance. Argh! What would you all do? Would you take the chance that you could get 1 out of 8 time slots? I guess I could always change my alternate dates to:

1. 9/5/2011 (M)
2. 9/6/2011 (T)
3. 9/4/2011 (Sun)
4. 9/3/2011 (Sat)

This way, all of my guests could book the 4 night/5 day free dining promo for Sat 9/3/2011 - Wed 9/7/2011 and the kids would only miss school on Tues & Wed. The only problem there would be if the wedding were my #4 choice on Saturday then everyone would need to fly down on Friday instead. Thoughts?

Hhmmmm....I'm not real experienced in planning events either. I think that's why I would be nervous if I had more than just my 3 core goofballs with me. I can see why the stressing over the dates. The way you are working hard and putting a lot of thought into making this convenient and enjoyable for everyone else that will be affected by your date shows how caring and selfless a person you are. ((I'm watching Bridezillas right now. You're like the polar opposite!)) Anywhoo, you need to keep in mind that this is your wedding. If the date turns out to be the worst-case then maybe your guests will have to work with you a little so they can be there for you. You're doing your best. That's all you can do. BTW, if your guests book their packages prior to Dec. 30th with the promotion if they need to modify the dates by a day earlier or later can't they just modify what's already there without losing the discount? Sorta like when you book bouncebacks? I'm not sure. With the worst case...IF you had to get married on the Saturday and IF your guests couldn't modify their arrival to Friday...they could do like we are next month. We booked free dining 11/12 - 11/21. Hubby decided he wanted to get there after he got off work on Thursday 11/11. The free dining eligible window starts on the 12th. The 11th isn't available. So, we just booked that first night as a room-only.

In all honesty, I really don't see your worst case being an issue. The preferred day of the week to get married is Saturday. I got married on a Saturday. I think all the weddings I've ever been to were Saturdays. Those Wishes brides are gonna be gunning for the Saturday. I think your preferred days of Monday & Tuesday will actually be way more likely to happen then the Saturday or Sunday. That being a holiday weekend, Wishes brides might be thinking they'll get hitched on one of those days so their guests can use the holiday (Monday) to travel back home. :wave:

Kelly, you're such a mom, hahaha. I love it =)

Your wedding advice is excellent, you need some girls!

I'm the perpetual mom. I've been told that my whole life starting when I was a little kid. And, both times I was pregnant I wished for girls. I'm glad I got boys, tho. They totally dote on their momma and I love that. Someday my boys will hopefully find their perfect princesses and then I'll have my girls. And grand daughters. I've told both my boys I want grand daughters. :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Hhmmmm....I'm not real experienced in planning events either. I think that's why I would be nervous if I had more than just my 3 core goofballs with me. I can see why the stressing over the dates. The way you are working hard and putting a lot of thought into making this convenient and enjoyable for everyone else that will be affected by your date shows how caring and selfless a person you are. ((I'm watching Bridezillas right now. You're like the polar opposite!)) Anywhoo, you need to keep in mind that this is your wedding. If the date turns out to be the worst-case then maybe your guests will have to work with you a little so they can be there for you. You're doing your best. That's all you can do. BTW, if your guests book their packages prior to Dec. 30th with the promotion if they need to modify the dates by a day earlier or later can't they just modify what's already there without losing the discount? Sorta like when you book bouncebacks? I'm not sure. With the worst case...IF you had to get married on the Saturday and IF your guests couldn't modify their arrival to Friday...they could do like we are next month. We booked free dining 11/12 - 11/21. Hubby decided he wanted to get there after he got off work on Thursday 11/11. The free dining eligible window starts on the 12th. The 11th isn't available. So, we just booked that first night as a room-only.

In all honesty, I really don't see your worst case being an issue. The preferred day of the week to get married is Saturday. I got married on a Saturday. I think all the weddings I've ever been to were Saturdays. Those Wishes brides are gonna be gunning for the Saturday. I think your preferred days of Monday & Tuesday will actually be way more likely to happen then the Saturday or Sunday. That being a holiday weekend, Wishes brides might be thinking they'll get hitched on one of those days so their guests can use the holiday (Monday) to travel back home. :wave:

Thank you so much for all your advice...on this and the dress! I've been getting advice from my family but I really wanted advice from people who know Disney as well. I really do feel like there is a good chance I'll get one of my top 3 choices which would be 1/10 time slots. Unless of course I'm underestimating the popularity of Labor Day Weekend for weddings. But, from what I'm reading most Escape brides do get one of their top 4 dates so that makes me feel better. There is also the chance that a new special will come around or the free dining special will be extended like it was last year. DF and my Mom think this will be the case and I shouldn't worry about anything until at least December.

Thank you for your kind words about me NOT being a Bridezilla. I'm a real people pleaser which is nice but sometimes it drives me nuts! I just want all of my guests to have a magical time :) This is exactly why I'm planning a super small wedding. I know a lot of people will be hurt not to be invited but #1. It's expensive and #2. It would drive me bat crap crazy! I have 2 sisters and they both had over 100 people and spent more than $20K. That's just not my style.

I'm the perpetual mom. I've been told that my whole life starting when I was a little kid. And, both times I was pregnant I wished for girls. I'm glad I got boys, tho. They totally dote on their momma and I love that. Someday my boys will hopefully find their perfect princesses and then I'll have my girls. And grand daughters. I've told both my boys I want grand daughters. :D

Haha DF says we're going to have all boys because his father and grandfather had all boys. I wouldn't mind a little pirate but I want a princess too!!

Soaringirl

Hi again! okay- I just have a couple of things to say.. First, I totally agree with Sweetpee about well just about everything , but in particular that its great how you care about everyone else who's traveling for your wedding and I'm sure they all know that the decision is out of your hands right now and they will understand that it can't really be planned at this time. My second thought is that maybe you can all book 2 or 3 different dates (your 1st 2nd choices) so there won't be any question of being able to modify at a later date or not. It costs $200 to book a pkg. and I know that not everybody happens to have an extra $400 kicking around, but it's fully refundable and can be transferred to the pkg. you'll ultimately be going with. (did that make any sense?) We actually did that this year because we booked the bounceback for Sept. but my husband was tired of how hot it is in Sept. and really wanted to go in Nov. for cooler weather and a little Christmas magic, but we really wanted the free dining or something comparable. So we booked both dates, did ADR's and everything, fully knowing that we'd be cancelling one of them, so when free dining was extented we cancelled the Sept. trip and transferred the $200 to the Nov. trip.
I'm sure you already know all this but I just thought I'd mention it just in case, because I'm sure you're a little overwhelmed with everything right now.
Oh, and thirdly, the glass slippers - perfect. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom