Closed Mansion Pics

Secret Pixie

I'm so excited to see what they're going to do for the ride! The mansion has always been one of my favorites, and I'm glad to see that it's getting the attention it deserves.

bgraham34

I am glad this attraction is getting the TLC needed. Sorry for those people who will miss out on it this summer. Missed out on it a few years back and my trip was not the same.

raven

It would be so cool to see the Hat Box Ghost show up, but the additions I've heard are enough to keep me happy.

The Hat Box Ghost never made it into the original story. It was to be where the bride is now and the bride was located to the left of the track back in a corner of the attic. This is why your doom buggie faces that area. The Hat Box Ghost effect didn't work so well as the vehicles passed so they took it out. Funny thing is that it vanished and no one knows where it is. :veryconfu

SGT623

Original Poster
Oh, I am very aware of the Hat Box Ghost History. The effect can be done easily now...and I know a way it could have been done then...think Imagination butterfly effect.... I was just wishing. :)

raven

Oh, I am very aware of the Hat Box Ghost History. The effect can be done easily now...and I know a way it could have been done then...think Imagination butterfly effect.... I was just wishing. :)

I completely agree. The effect can be done very easily now.

As for a shop, I still say HM needs one. They could easily rework the open area in front of the mansion to put in a small shop. A bypass hallway could be put in as well but they will probably close it off like they did with Splash Mountain.

SGT623

Original Poster
I've wanted a gift shop since they took the last one out in the 80's. Sigh...I miss that lil black lit shop.

mprice

If Jack Skellington becomes ANY part of this attraction except for some corny merchandise... I will never ... ever ride the Haunted Mansion again! and it's my second most favorite attraction only to POtC.

mitchk

I have the Haunted Mansion book, anyone else think the two ghosts that are stuck in a revolving hidden door would be a cool addition :)

Buried20KLeague

We want HM merchandice more than the shop itself. But if WDI were to build a HM shop then you know it will be well themed.

Agreed. The catacombs idea could work well, but I'm all for more HM merch.

But I'm guessing we'll know within a few days whether there's any real changes coming OUTSIDE the mansion. Construction on anything significant would have to start pretty well right away.

raven

I have the Haunted Mansion book, anyone else think the two ghosts that are stuck in a revolving hidden door would be a cool addition :)

I have that book as well. That picture kinda reminds me of the scene from Young Frankenstein.

As for the "black lit shop", I don't remember it. Does anyone have a picture of this? I didn't know such a shop ever existed.

Recently I've noticed an effect outside the mansion that I've never noticed before on my many trips to WDW. Every so often, lighting lights up the facod of the mansion. Maybe I've always missed it but it was quite a nice surprize to me.

mitchk

I have that book as well. That picture kinda reminds me of the scene from Young Frankenstein.

As for the "black lit shop", I don't remember it. Does anyone have a picture of this? I didn't know such a shop ever existed.

Recently I've noticed an effect outside the mansion that I've never noticed before on my many trips to WDW. Every so often, lighting lights up the facod of the mansion. Maybe I've always missed it but it was quite a nice surprize to me.

That's a great book, I got it in 2004. Also, did you read the section that says the tops of the mansion are not made to look like chess pieces. A lot of people don't know that. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom