Closed Mansion Pics

SGT623

Original Poster
I cannot restrain myself from saying it wasnt a bright idea to close this classic during the busy summer season... I think a better time would have been in Aug-Sept. but then who am I to question the Disney gods?

:cry:

Ummm, it will still be closed in August and half of Sept. :)

PurpleDragon

LOL why do people think that closing this atttraction during the summer is a bad idea? The whole point is to take it down for 3 months and have it open in time for the Halloween season, which makes absolute sense. Also Halloween to Christmas is the busiest time in WDW(minus a couple weeks in eary Nov), so it would make more sense for them to close it during the summer to have it ready for the busy season this fall.

ToTBellHop

I cannot restrain myself from saying it wasnt a bright idea to close this classic during the busy summer season... I think a better time would have been in Aug-Sept. but then who am I to question the Disney gods?

:cry:
No...it wouldn't have fit there. The best time would've been this Spring or even this past winter, but an attraction over in Tomorrowland requiring months of tweaks screwed everything up. Oh well...why complain? What happens, happens, and let's just be happy this one is happening. I was mildly annoyed when Pirates was closed during my June trip last summer, but these things happen for the betterment of future visits. Space Mountain will be closed across MANY busy seasons...

nibblesandbits

It wouldn't shock me if this project wasn't completed exactly on time. There is so much to really take care of in there.
I would assume they want to get it on that finished date...the next day is NSSHP...and they want it open for that. That's kind of a big thing on the Halloween Party nights.

(At least I'm really hoping that they get it open by that date...I'm going to that first NSSHP...it better be open! )

DisneyDellsDude

The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies. It's by Jason Surrell. It's a great book. I suggest you pick it up sometime :wave:

Oh. I have that book, but haven't read it in a while.:lol: I agree that it's a great book too. Just didn't know what HM book everyone was talking about.

A bit off topic... I'm always looking for HM merch, and would anyone recommend getting the HM comic books (I think there's like 6 of them for $3 each on amazon)?

Back on topic... Anyone think they will release concept art for this like they did for PotC?

PurpleDragon

They sometimes carried HM merch in the shop next to the archway that connects Liberty Square and Fantasyland. Can't remember the name of the shop, but I got a cool HM skull cap there a few years back, I wear it every winter to keep my bald head warm. :D

Dangeresque

You say the Mansion is closed, I say your open.

NatlLampoonsVacation_300x225_111920041510.gif

Dayma

I just hope they put in a shop there of some kind. Those little stands on wheels just stink and they dont open till late which drives me NUTS!!!! The HM one didn't open until 11AM last time we were there. That's just silly...

ToTBellHop

it makes sense...why taunt people into thinking the ride is open? However...they should install some creepy noises at the construction wall...like ghosts talking about how some of their friends were evicted and they have some new folks just dying to move in--kinda like how you could hear Stitch talking from behind the Stitch's Great Escape! construction wall. It's too bad that the best part of SGE ended up being the construction wall, though...

JML42691

it makes sense...why taunt people into thinking the ride is open? However...they should install some creepy noises at the construction wall...like ghosts talking about how some of their friends were evicted and they have some new folks just dying to move in--kinda like how you could hear Stitch talking from behind the Stitch's Great Escape! construction wall.
That's a cool idea. I wish that they would do that.
It's too bad that the best part of SGE ended up being the construction wall, though...
Sadly that's true:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom