Closed Mansion Pics

ToTBellHop

This is true, but I think it is also the first time it has been "officially" stated....or decided upon
I think you are right. They are clearly investing in more story now...we'll have to see what that story is, though. Not sure it will be the same as Disneyland's. Could mean they will develop the Gracey plotline.

frazierle

Haunted Mansion

Cool, we just got back and made our ride time before closing. I hope they bring Jack Skellington into the mix...:sohappy: ..I love the Pumpkin King and I think he needs a home.

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Cool, we just got back and made our ride time before closing. I hope they bring Jack Skellington into the mix...:sohappy: ..I love the Pumpkin King and I think he needs a home.

i hope not,they need to leave a few rides without having some kinda disney cartoon character in it,just make it a darker ride,a little more on the scary side and ill be happy

Nicole220

Meh, you really don't want it.....

Thank you for the pics! Love that sign!

dxwwf3

Sad and little weird that they chose summer to close an indoor and classic attraction, but I'm very interested to see what they have up their sleeves.

I'm guessing they didn't have much of a choice. I was on the ride last Summer and it was in atrocious shape. This might be the most needed rehab in the long list of MK attractions that need one. I hope they take all the time they need to get it right again.

mitchk

I love the sign, can't wait to ride it when I get there in September. MNSSHP, wouldn't be the same without the Haunted Mansion :sohappy:

lcsrig

Thanks for the pictures. I am happy that the imagineers took the time to make it a little more special with the note. It's priceless!

mitchk

Wow! Awesome! I love the whole "new spirits" thing. :D

Did they take down the traditional gate that was in front of the ride? It looks like it.

Oh, and I noticed that the infamous "ring" at the exit of the ride that was covered up was exposed again when I rode the ride last week, in case everyone was wondering. :wave: :)

That's funny you mention the ring. I always thought it was just a piece of an old gate, and I was right. When I was on the Keys to the Kingdom tour a couple weeks back, a women asked our guide where the ring was, and he pointed it out to her. When he did, I remarked to her that it was just a piece of an old gate, and she replied that I'm wrong, it's the brides ring that got imbedded in the cement when she jumped off the roof. The tour guide looked at us and said "We all like to believe it's a ring, but I remember the gates that used to be here." So, sorry it's not a ring, but it makes for a good story anyway. :)

Ella's Mommy

I'm sad to see that its closed because all the kids going for summer break will miss out on one of the classics. Good for me though. I scheduled my trip to fly in the night before it opens, also the first night of MNSSHP!!! I can't wait!!!:sohappy:

WDWFigment

Ahh, only on WDW forums could you have three (I'm sure there will be more soon) pages of people talking about how they like/dislike a small refurbishment wall, and how excited they are about a note informing them of said refurb. I love this place!

ToTBellHop

Ahh, only on WDW forums could you have three (I'm sure there will be more soon) pages of people talking about how they like/dislike a small refurbishment wall, and how excited they are about a note informing them of said refurb. I love this place!
hey now...we had never received direct confirmation of new animatronics!

Enigma

Account Suspended

Actually you will see this same pheonomenon on most disney parks fansites.

Disney fans are wierd lol

Kman101

Sweet. I'm hoping it does reopen. When it says through September 12th, does that mean it will be closed ON September 12th and then open the 13th? Despite tour guides (shall be nameless) advice I stay away from certain parks on certain days, I rearranged my trip to make sure I was at the Kingdom on the 13th (my last FULL day in Orlando) to see the new HM.

Krozar

Now, what are they going to do with all those Cast Members? Especially the ones waiting to BECOME cast members at the mansion. Speaking of that, does anyone know how long the waiting list is, or what they're doing, exactly, when they reopen? Because I would love to one day become a cast member at the Haunted Mansion. I'm moving down there to work in the park in August.

They will move to another attraction, just as they can do if picking up extra hours. Of course they can't really roleplay like they do at HM.

Awesome that you are choosing to work for Disney. Always great to have people who love what Disney is about (even if it's not love for the company) and making the Guests have a better time. Unfortunately, for many, it's just a paycheck. But you may like attractions anywhere. The novelty of working at HM is just that...novelty. Because such things don't create job satisfaction. All about who you work with and what you do at that location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom