Closed Mansion Pics

SGT623

Original Poster
I have that book as well. That picture kinda reminds me of the scene from Young Frankenstein.

As for the "black lit shop", I don't remember it. Does anyone have a picture of this? I didn't know such a shop ever existed.

Recently I've noticed an effect outside the mansion that I've never noticed before on my many trips to WDW. Every so often, lighting lights up the facod of the mansion. Maybe I've always missed it but it was quite a nice surprize to me.

LOL! Put...the candle....back!

Even more than that gag, I really liked the concept for the load area. To cool!

The shop in the 80's was at the start of the queue on the left in a part of the boat house. That's where I got my personalized tombstone that says here lies ghost # 1000. Never sellin' that puppy!

raven

That's a great book, I got it in 2004. Also, did you read the section that says the tops of the mansion are not made to look like chess pieces. A lot of people don't know that. :lookaroun

Yep I did. They are not chess pieces at all. They resemble them but they weren't meant to look like them.

Most people also won't know about how one of the original stories of the planned "walk-thru" attraction was based around a sea captain. Guests were to be ushered into a room and a boat would come thru the window and the sea captain would talk about his story. As he was talking he began to "melt" until he was nothing but bones. The water on the floor slowly drained and then the guests would leave. This idea was scrapped due to low guest capacity but a portrait concept of the sea captain still exists in the mansion today. It's located in the picture corridor and it's on the wall directly in front of you as you decend into the library scene.

daklimation

Nitpicking, I know, but I hope they light the part where you're going downhill backwards into the graveyard a little better.

Those trees are reaching out at you with monstrous claws and no one gets to see that as well as it should be seen. It's kind of sad.

raven

Nitpicking, I know, but I hope they light the part where you're going downhill backwards into the graveyard a little better.

Those trees are reaching out at you with monstrous claws and no one gets to see that as well as it should be seen. It's kind of sad.

Agreed. There are a few places that need to be either brightened up or changed: The "fall" into the graveyard, the stairs after the conservatory scene and the spider web. Also endless halway as well as the first time we see the floating candelabra after boarding is very difficult to see due to low lighting levels. I realize that it is supposed to be low but lately it's been getting more difficult to see.

ToTBellHop

Agreed. There are a few places that need to be either brightened up or changed: The "fall" into the graveyard, the stairs after the conservatory scene and the spider web. Also endless halway as well as the first time we see the floating candelabra after boarding is very difficult to see due to low lighting levels. I realize that it is supposed to be low but lately it's been getting more difficult to see.
I'm sure it will receive some very nice, new lighting packages.

bayoutinkbelle

Thanks for the pictures! I am soooo excited about this and, even in my drug-induced stupor yesterday (damn sinuses!), I remembered that HM was closing. Then I fell back asleep. :lol:

Though I may miss HM on my trip this month, I will hop aboard the riverboat to take pictures and video. I can't wait to get a picture of the Master Gracey note (such a dork!). And a dear friend and I will be talking this weekend to start our planning for our October trip. :D

Dayma

I rode HM last Friday for the last time all by myself. It was really fun and I can't wait to see the updates next May when we go again.

Thanks for the pics!

Uponastar

thanks,

can i cry now? im gunna miss the mansion while im there. :(

I showed my dh the pics and he almost did cry and we're not even planning on going back till after it reopens! :rolleyes: It's his favorite attraction by far and, as much as he knows it needs some TLC, he hates the idea of drastic changes. I guess he'll just have to wait and see!

EpcotServo

Sure hope we get some new effects! It would be nice to go on Mansion and not sigh anymore. What's the odds of them fixing the eye on that first painting that follows you? It's been broken for about a year now. Why they can't replace a lightbulb is beyond me.

Now here's hoping we get Haunted Mansion Holiday! I want to ride that again so bad...

disneytopdog

Does anyone know. When they to a major rehab(like this one appears to be) will they do a special sneek peek or a private opening for it? Or does September 13 roll around and the ride is open?

SGT623

Original Poster
Does anyone know. When they to a major rehab(like this one appears to be) will they do a special sneek peek or a private opening for it? Or does September 13 roll around and the ride is open?

Depends on to many variables for anyone to say with any degree of accuracy. It may take up to the day, or even open late. As long as it's as sweet as I think it will be, I won't care. :)

Jorden

Yeah I would expect a preview for the cast members within a week before it opens, but in terms of anyone else I'd maybe only expect an AP day for it.

I can't remember fully for Pirates when it came up. I know there was CM previews but I don't remember if they had AP previews or if the general public was able to ride it early.

MaXXimus

I cannot restrain myself from saying it wasnt a bright idea to close this classic during the busy summer season... I think a better time would have been in Aug-Sept. but then who am I to question the Disney gods?

:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom