Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

PhilharMagician

I honestly was thinking the crowds may be down slightly with the colder weather that has set in today. Looks like a high of 69 degrees F. I wonder if many will leave early today and not stay for the celebration.

TheRabbit

Just saw these two pics on facebook. :jawdrop: (NOT MY PHOTOS) From an hour ago according to the mobile timestamp:

1525039_10151800837760308_1126141239_n.jpg

1551662_10151800838145308_834825822_n.jpg
Good thing they changed the turnstyles...It sure cuts down on lines and makes getting in the park quicker and easier. LOL (hey, thats why they said they did it)

JimboJones123

We were at Magic Kingdom last night (12/30). We arrived at 7pm, there was no traffic and Jo wait at the toll booth, and we parked in Aladdin 36 (first row closest to TTC). Monorail to MK was no wait.

Crowds in MK I would relate to a busy July evening, definitely not at capacity at all. TTA was a walk on. We found a fireworks viewing spot at 11pm in the hub with no trouble at all. Crowds definitely seemed a little low.
Last night was great at MK.

JimboJones123

[quote="ImagineerDude, post: 5857914, member: 78rWe were let in at 7:45 last Friday and Fastpasses were out pretty early that day too. We got in the TSMM fastpass distribution line at exactly 8am and the return times were for 8:30am. We got to a FP distributor at 8:01 (not too bad) and the return time was 9:35am. It changed over an hour in less than a minute.[/quote]
That is because most of the morning was already reserved. This has been happening all the time now.

JimboJones123

[quotacbbit, post: 5857934, member: 93101"]Good thing they changed the turnstyles...It sure cuts down on lines and makes getting in the park quicker and easier. LOL (hey, thats why they said they did it)[/quote]
They actually do cut down. Quite significantly. Complain about next gen all you want, but the turns stalls have been the saving grace. Open Mickey heads almost all hours after the first 10-15 minutes of opening parks. This NEVER happened with the old stalls.

If you want bad ones, visit Disneyland. Theirs are stupid slow.

ParentsOf4

PhotoDave has it right, If you werent expecting these kinds of crowds and wait times, you really didnt do your homework!!! Marie
A few years back, someone I only vaguely know asked me about vacationing at WDW during Christmas break. I politely explained to her that it's the worst week of the year, to be avoided at all costs. She did not believe me.

She said I didn't know what I was talking about. Said people spend Christmas with family; no one wants to go to an amusement park during Christmas. Said the crowds did not seem bad on TV last year during the Christmas parade.

I told her the parade is taped weeks before, after the Thanksgiving crowd leaves. She actually called me a liar.

A couple of weeks after she returned, I heard through a common acquaintance that her trip was a "disaster" and that she wished someone had told her what crowds were like. :rolleyes:

The point is, some people just don't want to hear it. :)

willtravel

I wonder what the wait time were like when Horizon, WOM, WOL, and original Imagination pavilion were still there? Or would that be hard to say because of no AK or DHS? Just thinking about how well those attractions ate people.

71jason

Interestingly, traffic is reportedly not that bad on the highways. (Not crazy enough to drive, but what the radio tells me.) Sounds like everyone who is going got there already. Personally, I can't imagine going 9 am - 1 am--if you're lucky--in even an empty park, but there it is.

Meanwhile, I had no trouble walking up MSUSA and finding a spot on the Tomorrowland bridge at 11:30 yesterday for the same fireworks.

willtravel

Just saw a bag check officer take 6 bottles of wine from a guest... Well, look how crowded it is, I just left and ill give a DHS update soon.

null_zps2fe2276c.jpg
This is why (when able) you don't take anything into parks (because of bag check). Today, maybe that would not even help...........

culturenthrills

Interestingly, traffic is reportedly not that bad on the highways. (Not crazy enough to drive, but what the radio tells me.) Sounds like everyone who is going got there already. Personally, I can't imagine going 9 am - 1 am--if you're lucky--in even an empty park, but there it is.

Meanwhile, I had no trouble walking up MSUSA and finding a spot on the Tomorrowland bridge at 11:30 yesterday for the same fireworks.

Yeah, when I have done the MK fireworks I always do them on the 30th. And I don't get there until before Holiday Wishes but I have an AP so that helps. If I do Epcot tonight I won't get there until 1030-11. Couldn't imagine spending all day with those crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom