Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

Figments Friend

Can someone get a shot of Imagination..I just want the proof that there's a line that hasn't been seen like this since the 80's

Video of the 35 minute wait time we had managed to get during the 'group ride' at Imagination during EPCOT's 25th Anniversary exists.
Not sure if it has made it to YouTube yet...but i have a copy.

It was the first i had ever heard of a wait time for the attraction post-Original Imagination, and it happened on that magical day ... October 1st, 2007.

Last edited:

Crazydisneyfanluke

I see know one mentioned this yet but we tried to do the 11am Frozen princesses yesterday (got there at 10:30) and it was already a 2 to 2 1/2 hr wait. Went back a little later about an hour after it opened and it was a 5 to 5 1/2 hr wait! That meet and greet is insane! I cannot imagine coming on a trip and waiting 5 hrs for a princess meet and greet. This was also New Years morning and it was raining.
I had a friend say yesterday (new years day) that the line was 3 1/2 hr wait at noon.

Bolt

Soarin' will have a high wait all day today due to storms in Orlando causing Test Track to be closed for large chunks of the day.

wannabeBelle

Just following up now that I'm back home on a computer. We did DHS for NYE and actually had a pleasant time despite the craziness apparent at the other parks. Yes lines were long and yes it was a crowded day, but it never felt overwhelming. We were able to get a spot on Hollywood Blvd at 10:30 next to the information board with ride and show times. The area eventually filled in but most people were respectful regarding space.

My only complaint was the countdown to midnight. The Mulch Sweat and Shears band was fairly entertaining but completely dropped the ball at midnight. They were still wrapping up their last song as everyone watched their cell phones go from 11:59 to 12:00. People started blowing their horns and you could hear EPCOT's fireworks going crazy. Eventually at ~12:02 the 'official' countdown took place. Sort of disappointing but the fantastic fireworks that followed immediately made up for it.

All in all we had a great time. If you plan on being in WDW for NYE I highly recommend DHS if you want to avoid a bit of the chaos but still take in some excellent Disney fireworks.
Actually the band doesnt have any control over that and the missing midnight has happened before. They guys arent looking at their watches and the people who are havent been doing a really great job of this, even in years past. If you look at videos from previous years the same thing has happened at least twice that I know of. One of these days I am sure they will get it right!!! Marie

DVC4bestvacations

I bolded the above because I find the comment interesting and it comports with what I've seen.

We paid our annual Christmas afternoon visit to the Epcot resorts yesterday. None of the three Disney hotels had out any of their A-frame signs saying that parking was for resort guests only.

The YC self parking was at best 1/3 full. I'd say BC was at around 50% with BCVs at 1/3 or so. BW was definitely no more than 50%. I'd guess that the crowd at Storm-a-long Bay was fewer than 150 or so guests.

On top of that, we overheard a Boardwalk CM tell another day guest that they had "plenty" of rooms available. These resorts should have been sellouts months ago but certainly by day of.

And the parking situation at these hotels was pretty consistent with what I've been seeing for all of 2013. Makes me wonder if possibly the price tipping point has finally been reached with some healthy segment of the public.

BW seemed to fill up Friday Saturday & Sunday 12/27-30 we left Monday morning. The parks were the busiest I've ever seen on the weekend. I'm glad we didn't stay thru new years. We'd had enough by Saturday afternoon.

FYI the bus service was a joke all week. It took us 1.5hrs to get to DTD. We would have driven to DTD but 1/3 of the parking lot is dug up for the new parking garage. A far as a return trip at Christmas been there done that. Give me a beach or pool with a bar next year.

FYI#2 The MK did not get crowded until after 11am. My Daughter and I had the MK to ourselves late Christmas Eve!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom