Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

TheRabbit

3.5 hour standby at Test Track

Longest wait I've ever seen..NYE 2011, yes folks, that's 20 min shy of 4 hours! for Space Mountain.

Attachments

• 0301.jpg
    0301.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 104

cessna157

We were at Magic Kingdom last night (12/30). We arrived at 7pm, there was no traffic and Jo wait at the toll booth, and we parked in Aladdin 36 (first row closest to TTC). Monorail to MK was no wait.

Crowds in MK I would relate to a busy July evening, definitely not at capacity at all. TTA was a walk on. We found a fireworks viewing spot at 11pm in the hub with no trouble at all. Crowds definitely seemed a little low.

James122

Just saw a bag check officer take 6 bottles of wine from a guest... Well, look how crowded it is, I just left and ill give a DHS update soon.

null_zps2fe2276c.jpg

That is craaaazy. I think if I arrived and saw crowds like that waiting to get into the Magic Kingdom, I'd just turn around and get right back on the monorail! When it's that crowded, it stops being fun ( at least for me).

icart1961

Do Universal parks ever close as regularly as WDW parks, due to capacity?
Yesterday it took friends of ours 2 and a half hours to get from the parking lot to the park at Universal. I-4 was backed up for hours from the cars trying to enter Universal...this morning it is much better. I don't know about reaching capacity, but I know it can get incredibly busy.

Jwhee

Luckily this morning I got on BTMRR right when it opened and Space Ranger spin. But I'm mostly just walking around and taking pictures :D

ImagineerDude

Day guests were let in before 8am today, just to be fair.
We were let in at 7:45 last Friday and Fastpasses were out pretty early that day too. We got in the TSMM fastpass distribution line at exactly 8am and the return times were for 8:30am. We got to a FP distributor at 8:01 (not too bad) and the return time was 9:35am. It changed over an hour in less than a minute.

ImagineerDude

Continue to post wait times! I am just into it, don't know why.;)
I wouldn't try to ride any rides today. I'd just chill out, and then maybe ( if I stayed onsite) go into the parks for the evening fireworks. I just wish I was there anyway! Crazy? Yeah. I know.:hilarious:
Same here. I told my family that we should stay a couple days longer to see the NYE fireworks, but don't except to ride any rides!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom