Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Screenshot_2013-12-31-08-49-30.jpg Screenshot_2013-12-31-08-50-00.jpg Screenshot_2013-12-31-08-50-25.jpg ...it's not even 10am yet in Orlando...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
DAK is the place to be.

Dinosaur - 20 Minutes
Everest - 35 Minutes
Kali River -5 Minutes
Safari - 10 Minutes
Most definitely!

Epcot is starting to get very busy - Soarin is at 210mins, Test Track at 180mins. Both eclipsing Toy Story Mania at 130mins.

mimitchi33

Wonder what the WDW wait time record is?
The highest Disney World wait time I've heard of was a 350-minute wait at both The Seas With Nemo and Friends and Journey Into Your Imagination With Figment. But the highest Disneyland wait was 6 hours for Indiana Jones when it first opened.

This makes me glad that I'm not at Disney for New Year's. It would be a very hard time getting out.

I concur. It's much more congested than it normally is this time of year.

I leave work at 10:30ish. On a normal night it takes me 7 minutes to get from work to my house, using Western Way, mostly. On a weekend or during the summer it's about 15. Last holiday season it took about 20-30. Last night (I didn't work tonight) it was 45 minutes. I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like.
I'm guessing it will take an hour for you to get home.

Do Universal parks ever close as regularly as WDW parks, due to capacity?
I don't know about this, but they might.

Guests being turned away from Magic Kingdom are receiving a 50% off dining coupon for quick service along with free parking at another park
2ptz2j4.jpg

Check link below. Steve (WDW Magic) posted the Epcot entertainment for this year and it lists the locations of the added bars throughout World Showcase.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/holidays-around-the-world-at-epcot/news/26dec2013-full-entertainment-lineup-for-epcot's-new-year's-eve-celebration.htm
Thank you!

Just saw a bag check officer take 6 bottles of wine from a guest... Well, look how crowded it is, I just left and ill give a DHS update soon.

null_zps2fe2276c.jpg
I'd also like to point out this happened last year as well.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Just saw a bag check officer take 6 bottles of wine from a guest... Well, look how crowded it is, I just left and ill give a DHS update soon.

null_zps2fe2276c.jpg

Don't go over Thanksgiving/holidays they said...I went...thought it was a little crowded, nothing bad though...but this...that is a nightmare...for the first time in my life...I might actually be thinking..."glad I'm not there!"...although I would just go to AK, so...Still wish I was at the World!

Best of luck to all!

Jwhee

Don't go over Thanksgiving/holidays they said...I went...thought it was a little crowded, nothing bad though...but this...that is a nightmare...for the first time in my life...I might actually be thinking..."glad I'm not there!"...although I would just go to AK, so...Still wish I was at the World!

Best of luck to all!

Yea I usually don't come at this time, I live with in 45 mins of WDW and I'm a AP so I thought I'd check today out and look at the crowds!

Sassagoula-Rvr

Wah? 50% off?

Wow I guess they are desperate to move guests to other parks.
Not to turn this into a NGE thread...but in the future, will Disney not be able to send something to you and say "25% off if you go shop at ____ (insert Animal Kingdom shop here) today" or "Here is a 12:30 FP+ for EE!" to try to shift guests to different parks? That would make sense to me...especially the fastpasses...as that costs them basically nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom