Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

wannabeBelle

A few years back, someone I only vaguely know asked me about vacationing at WDW during Christmas break. I politely explained to her that it's the worst week of the year, to be avoided at all costs. She did not believe me.

She said I didn't know what I was talking about. Said people spend Christmas with family; no one wants to go to an amusement park during Christmas. Said the crowds did not seem bad on TV last year during the Christmas parade.

I told her the parade is taped weeks before, after the Thanksgiving crowd leaves. She actually called me a liar.

A couple of weeks after she returned, I heard through a common acquaintance that her trip was a "disaster" and that she wished someone had told her what crowds were like. :rolleyes:

The point is, some people just don't want to hear it. :)
That is just AWESOME!!!!!!! Love the story it made me laugh!!! Happy New Year, Parents!!! Marie

quirkle

I was in MK on Christmas. We rose over 16 rides and ate dinner at BOG it was crowded but I didn't think it was that bad. The bad areas are thunder and splash because of congestion. I used all my Jedi tricks to combine my fast pass options band and paper.

dreamscometrue

Just saw a bag check officer take 6 bottles of wine from a guest... Well, look how crowded it is, I just left and ill give a DHS update soon

And that's why we never go near MK on NYE. :) It's always Epcot for us mid afternoon and stay for early (6:40pm) Illuminations, then to DHS until midnight or later. We are always able (via Disney bus) to get back to Animal Kingdom Lodge within 20-30min of making the decision to leave D.H.S. Yay! And, after that evening of revelry, a nice quiet, peaceful New Year's Day at D.A.K. is the way to go.

Thanks for posting. Wow!

Bryansworld

I would never want to stand in lines that long... but really want to know where they fit all those people. The queues don't seem long enough to hold 4 hours worth.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
4 hours to wait for Soarin' is obscene. Think about it, half your day is wasted waiting for one ride. If its a legit 4 hours, where is that queue stretched out to? Anyone get a pic?

Jimmy Thick- No thanks.

If it's like previous years they'll wrap it around a side of the building. The walkways in that queue are VERY wide so they can fit lots of people in there. Between that and all the fastpasses, the line itself doesn't stick out as far as you would think.

71jason

4 hours to wait for Soarin' is obscene. Think about it, half your day is wasted waiting for one ride.
Jimmy Thick- No thanks.

In fairness, Jimmy, anyone in that line is probably there for the duration, 9 - 1. So more like 25% of their day. And what else are you going to do for 14 hours?

That said, no way, no how, would I ever even consider waiting in a line like that. Or fighting crowds like that.

Jimmy Thick

In fairness, Jimmy, anyone in that line is probably there for the duration, 9 - 1. So more like 25% of their day. And what else are you going to do for 14 hours?

That said, no way, no how, would I ever even consider waiting in a line like that. Or fighting crowds like that.

Not me, Iam an old man. 8 hours in a park would feel like a job.

Jimmy Thick- Leisurely paced and relaxed with pink cheeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom